Tetra P80

Kinick23

I pair'd up the p80 with a custom j hook from the OGB and the marriage has been lovely :love:

Wonka Bars on tap....

p80.jpg

SquirrelMaster

This or tinymight? It's a hard decision right now....

Lamart is definitely the safer choice as they've been around longer and are easy to contact. Each has small advantages and disadvantages that have been talked about in the AskFC threads. At the very least sign up to be notified of the next drop on Lamart's site and remember they go fast when they release.

MikeRotchHertz

I have both and to be honest they compliment each other. Tinymight is faster extractor for more on demand, but it's annoying to share because it's only a few hits.

Tetra can be loaded up and sessions much better than TM without some of the punch. Tetra also has even ABV without stirring but TM requires it to get rid of the ring.

Ralph is great for lamart and gives good help and is active on here unlike the maker. If money is not an issue, why not both??

Kins

Cool, I don't like having to stir. I want a new flower vape but one I can pass back and fourth with the wife and it won't run down the batteries faster than before my session is over.

Kins,
Reactions: dimmusp

MonkeyTime

I have both and to be honest they compliment each other. Tinymight is faster extractor for more on demand, but it's annoying to share because it's only a few hits.

Tetra can be loaded up and sessions much better than TM without some of the punch. Tetra also has even ABV without stirring but TM requires it to get rid of the ring.

Ralph is great for lamart and gives good help and is active on here unlike the maker. If money is not an issue, why not both??

Spot on, the only thing missing was availability. I still love my Tetra and X, and I'd have a P80 if you didn't have to aim for a purchase time and get lucky. The TM is available with a small wait.

If I could purchase and wait 6 months, I'd be waiting for my own P80 :D

TastyCakeWasTasty

butter your wood
From the email:

I'm pleased to let you know it's nearly time for the next drop!

There will be several custom and prebuiltunits available this time:
  • 20 Prebuilt Tetra P80s
  • 15 CustomTetra P80s
  • 8 Prebuilt Tetra Xs

Orders will be open from :
Sunday 6th September - - 9PM CET(Swiss Time) - -
(USA time: 3PM (East) / 12PM (West) )

The new items will be made available here
Tetra P80: https://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/category&path=68_91
Tetra X : https://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/category&path=68_88

MikeRotchHertz

Yeah like @Potatovape we ordered around the same time. Mine just shipped after 10 weeks but I bought another second hand.

No way I don't keep the other unit as a backup. It was enough to really get me worried about CS.

I meant to say that even though TM does require stirring for uniform ABV, it does not have to be stirred because it rips through it and extracts really well.

Also, TM battery life is incredible for what it is. P80 never appealed to me because I had a 1 battery tubo. Also why I bought the TETRAx so I could run 2 and 3 battery mods. It's amazing how long I can use it on cuboid 200.

Like I said, it's a tough call, so get on the TM God knows when wait list, and sign up for lamarts drops (or don't lol people get mad about sharing the drops apparently) and try for both. Sometimes everyone wants the P80s so TETRAx could be in reach... Also I feel a new drop may be coming

Edit: I'm psychic

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Ugh I'm on a desktop kick but this has me thinking.... I'm still sour from the false Hope's last time. Dang why do they have to be so sexy.

bgrpph

kinick23- i contacted mike at OGB re making a similar jhook to what you had made. I like the tip , large number of dimples & the base he made for you. Unfortunately he said he wasn't sure he'd be interested in making another of these cause it look him a huge amount of time & involved multiple kiln annealing steps to make yours & he lost his shirt on this one. I'm trying to get one similar to yours for my TinyMight but will have to settle a less involved design.

Kinick23

Nice P80 @Kinick23! How do you get custom paint jobs like that? Or was that a prebuilt unit? Really digging that j hook as well.
@SquirrelMaster Hey bro. It's actually not paint at all, when Ralph and I were going over inlays he mentioned this colored sand technique and we went that route. All I really needed to supply was a photo (needed to be a certain format but forget which off-hand) and the vision and he took it from there. To answer your other question once it's on the J Hook you can operate it comfortable with one hand essentially balancing with thumb and pointer finger. Will try to throw up a pic tmrw to better visualize.

i contacted mike at OGB re making a similar jhook to what you had made. I like the tip , large number of dimples & the base he made for you. Unfortunately he said he wasn't sure he'd be interested in making another of these cause it look him a huge amount of time & involved multiple kiln annealing steps to make yours & he lost his shirt on this one. I'm trying to get one similar to yours for my TinyMight but will have to settle a less involved design.
@bgrpph wow dude I didnt even realize that tbh. He did tell me upfront he wasn't a fan of cooling dimples and i ended up paying an extra $10 but perhaps once he got into it he realized it was more work than anticipated. I guess the question is how much more would he do it for haha or where's the happy-medium if he can't replicate?

Arbornaut

Anyone else use rimless basket screens? Just got a bunch and playing around... it was going great until I pulled too hard, and the screen flipped shooting herb down my throat. LOL - solution to this will be to always use a secondary screen in the joint, and to not pull too hard. Anyone else have any tips or tricks? I LOVE that I can add a little more than a rimmed screen, which goes a long way. I could pack the joint and then cap with a rimmed basket screen, but I'm not a huge fan of that (I swear it effects taste and airflow too much) but I do load the joint a lot when using thru a bong upside down - sans basket screen.

I'm also thinking/hoping the screens stay put more once some reclaim builds up around them with some use.

Top Bottom