Tetra P80

GoldenBud

It is safe. the problem exists only if you go below 20A. the device knows how much to take. Plus the device limits to 70W right? is it set?

GoldenBud,

Redline

Ok, just tried, and this is getting 70w with that battery, looks like I need to order more. Do you recommend just getting some from that link you posted, and the 30qs?

Redline,

GoldenBud

Yeah all Samsung 20A 25A will be great. I consider LG/Samsung as good reliable 18650 batteries manufacturers

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Redline

GoldenBud

No way. let's say.. You can't really kill the Tetra heater that easily. it's SS wires with glass.. i mean, you done it only for few seconds/minutes with gaps? no way.
it should take alot of heat to make a problem to it, ALOT. you will run out of battery charge before you'll do anything bad to it.

GoldenBud,

Redline

Oh ok, well that makes me feel better. Ya it was just the one bowl. Tried a few hits on demand and then finished it with the cruise mode.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Oh ok, well that makes me feel better. Ya it was just the one bowl. Tried a few hits on demand and then finished it with the cruise mode.

I'm sorry if I misunderstood, but are you just asking if it's normal for it to get warm? You weren't getting an error message were you? I saw that the first response was to go into your settings and I think that was a mistake based on what I read at least... The last page of it lol

I find the nub does get hot personally and don't use it with my tetra, I prefer the bent stems. If you use the nub, better to go on demand and not cruise in my experience. Yes the whole device gets warm when cruising, normal for glass.

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: chaos191

Redline

I'm sorry if I misunderstood, but are you just asking if it's normal for it to get warm? You weren't getting an error message were you? I saw that the first response was to go into your settings and I think that was a mistake based on what I read at least... The last page of it lol

I find the nub does get hot personally and don't use it with my tetra, I prefer the bent stems. If you use the nub, better to go on demand and not cruise in my experience. Yes the whole device gets warm when cruising, normal for glass.
Oh ok but shouldnt the watts be higher? When it was on cruise it was getting below 10 watts?

Redline,

GoldenBud

It was too hot for his lips at 370F......
EDIT: @Redline ask for a refund from amazon, if you can demonstrate the problem from another mod! hehe

GoldenBud,

Shit Snacks

Oh ok but shouldnt the watts be higher? When it was on cruise it was getting below 10 watts?

The watts fluctuate, that is normal, it is rarely at 70w at all, just briefly to maintain temp, cruise at 70w constant would not be good for battery...

It was too hot for his lips at 370F......

When Cruising... And I am saying that aligns with my experience using the nub.

Shit Snacks,

Shit Snacks

Gotcha, then why he had no vapor? that's why i started "debugging".. lol :)
Hot nub + no vapor = problem
@Redline you got another mod & vape or something to check these batteries ?

I dont :( but I ordered more of the 30qs from that site.

Yeah at that low of a setting if you can't take a draw long enough because it's too hot... I would suggest setting it on a higher temp and using on demand mode for a longer draw... I don't know I guess maybe it could be the battery, but at first glance that wasn't my assumption. With a vape like this I tend to presume user error, since there can be a learning curve, and so many different ways to use it... Typically can take several bowls

Shit Snacks,

GoldenBud

With a vape like this I tend to presume user error, since there can be a learning curve, and so many different ways to use it... Typically can take several bowls
at 190C? I had magical flavor with TuboEvic. not biggest cloud, but... you sure there's a chance that the device is hot and no vapor production? i mean... i dunno if to tell him to drop these batteries to the trash.

GoldenBud,

Shit Snacks

at 190C? I had magical flavor with TuboEvic. not biggest cloud, but... you sure there's a chance that the device is hot and no vapor production? i mean... i dunno if to tell him to drop these batteries to the trash.

I'm just saying I can see that scenario, I don't know about the batteries, both reasonable

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: GoldenBud

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
yeah, dont suggest a new user to dive into settings right away if he says things are hot, the device comes set up out of the box. better explain how to take a draw, suggest starting temp loading style etc.

and to answer @Redlines question. the device can get warm to the touch and the mouth pieces can get hot, especially in prolonged sessions. the nub glass itself more than others. the short open mouth piece can give hot vapor.

set to 190c, let cruise for 30seconds, load the basket screen and take a firm draw for 10 to 15 seconds. the heater likes high airflow, fast and a lot of air. take a lung full. you should get vapor like this.

technique

I'm so jealous

I'm new to the drop situation for the tetras and I know he has trouble with his Lazer printer.

Do you guys think it would be reasonable for me to think I can get one by jan 2021?

technique,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Yes.
You only have to pay attention, and be ready for the release days... you may even catch one in the next drop.

I had CC issues the first round of P80s, called my CC company and had my finger on the trigger when the second round was released. It was a huge win!

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
I think you need a battery with 20A continuous discharge capability. There are batteries that go as high as Continuous discharge of 35 A.
The batteries you bought say continuous discharge of 15 A though the Amazon detail page also shows one spot where these are called 20
A batteries but in another 3 or 4 places it reads 15A. I think this is not the highest quality battery. I agree about getting some better batteries. There are many reliable sources to buy from. Only buy name brands as the electric requirements are very specific for vaping.

Redline

Well I know I didnt change any of the settings, I just got it.
I think you need a battery with 20A continuous discharge capability. There are batteries that go as high as Continuous discharge of 35 A.
The batteries you bought say continuous discharge of 15 A though the Amazon detail page also shows one spot where these are called 20
A batteries but in another 3 or 4 places it reads 15A. I think this is not the highest quality battery. I agree about getting some better batteries. There are many reliable sources to buy from. Only buy name brands as the electric requirements are very specific for vaping.
So I bought some more 30Q samsung batteries hoping they work better, they say they're only 15A as well, but isnt that what he sells on his site with the tetras?

Redline,

Shit Snacks

Well I know I didnt change any of the settings, I just got it.

So I bought some more 30Q samsung batteries hoping they work better, they say they're only 15A as well, but isnt that what he sells on his site with the tetras?

30Q are underrated at 15A they are actually 18A (LG HG2 is similarly overrated at 20A and is also actually 18A) which will be fine. However something like Samsung 25R and LG HE4 are true 20A so they may work a bit better, though they have less capacity so it is a trade off. I mostly use HE4 in my Tetra, swapping between a few of them I can charge separately in my nitecore D2... Anyway yes the 30Q is fine!

HighLads

Eyo, I've been looking around for the size of the bowl in the p80 and have gotten confused.. in general are the 18mm, 18.8mm and 19mm male/female glass connections?

What size is the p80 bowl? Would like to get a male j hook but can't figure out if what's available will fit.

HighLads,

Redline

30Q are underrated at 15A they are actually 18A (LG HG2 is similarly overrated at 20A and is also actually 18A) which will be fine. However something like Samsung 25R and LG HE4 are true 20A so they may work a bit better, though they have less capacity so it is a trade off. I mostly use HE4 in my Tetra, swapping between a few of them I can charge separately in my nitecore D2... Anyway yes the 30Q is fine!
Sweet thanks! So do you think the batteries I bought off of amazon are fine?

Redline,
Top Bottom