Tetra P80

GoldenBud

can someone tell me how it works to order on lamarts site?
there is no bottom to buy item (i know it were only pre order)
and to email about asking to add on his list to pre order he dont answer to me.
you just send an email to them, and they add you without a reply back.
there won't be TP80 in the store this month, only TETRAx within few days i think, so if you got a mod 510, it may be a good option to consider.

Arbornaut

Not a big deal, but I guess some boredom got to me, and I was fiddling with the basic settings on my TP80.

I ended up somehow changing the LED settings in the misc. menu section, and can't seem to change it back for the life of me. I really can't tell a difference, but it went from 100% red, to 4% green somehow when I clicked something.

Just curious, since I'm not sure what these settings even do. There is no instructions for the LED settings anywhere that I can find online. Pretty much everything else is covered tho! Lol

Thanks for any help!

Arbornaut,

GoldenBud

Not a big deal, but I guess some boredom got to me, and I was fiddling with the basic settings on my TP80.

I ended up somehow changing the LED settings in the misc. menu section, and can't seem to change it back for the life of me. I really can't tell a difference, but it went from 100% red, to 4% green somehow when I clicked something.

Just curious, since I'm not sure what these settings even do. There is no instructions for the LED settings anywhere that I can find online. Pretty much everything else is covered tho! Lol

Thanks for any help!
Just reload the firmware from zero (like doing a "Restore defaults") -> google and install NFE tools , install it , and then get the firmware from lamart website, and then in NToolbox.exe you'll see tab 'Firmware Update' load the firmware and it's all set. *****Remember to use a good micro-usb cable, data supported!*****

Last edited:

Arbornaut

Just reload the firmware from zero (like doing a "Restore defaults") -> google and install NFE tools , install it , and then get the firmware from lamart website, and then in NToolbox.exe you'll see tab 'Firmware Update' load the firmware and it's all set. *****Remember to use a good micro-usb cable, data supported!*****

Thank you! But do you know what the LED settings do? I don't notice a difference so I'll probably just leave it. As simple as that all is to do no doubt, I know for sure I'd probably screw it up even more doing that. I was able to screw up LED settings with no clue how I did that after all. Lol ;)

I'll just leave everything alone from now on. If anyone knows what the LED % means tho, that would give me peice of mind. It most likely doesnt mean anything based on what I'm "not" noticing.

Arbornaut,

vapeverythingnyc

Thank you! But do you know what the LED settings do? I don't notice a difference so I'll probably just leave it. As simple as that all is to do no doubt, I know for sure I'd probably screw it up even more doing that. I was able to screw up LED settings with no clue how I did that after all. Lol ;)

I'll just leave everything alone from now on. If anyone knows what the LED % means tho, that would give me peice of mind. It most likely doesnt mean anything based on what I'm "not" noticing.
Those LED settings are for supported mods with LED functionality. Your P80 does not support this function, modifying the settings will have no effect.

dimmusp

I'm going to try to get its brother the TETRAx during tonight's drop if I get lucky with the crowds!

Do you think the Lamart 18 mm WPA (https://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=101 ) is a good purchase if I'm mostly leaning towards going dry?

I'm considering the DDave Modular Ultimate Cooling Kit instead because it also comes with a fancy cooling mouthpiece, but it's much more expensive and the WPA looks much longer than the Lamart one for some reason: https://www.ddavemods.com/store/p100/The_"Modular"_Ultimate_Cooling_Stem_with_Rimmed_Basket_Screens.html

Last edited:

Slickwilly

Congrats to everyone who scored a P80 on the last drop, your efforts and patience will soon be rewarded.
Here is my sexy P80 :love:

Still amazed at your craftmanship and attention to detail of your work @funkyjunky

The P80 is awesome, I can sip or rip at will. I have been starting at 390* and finish at 420* if I feel too. I like the warmup to cruise, so cool with the red to green led feature. The first draw I like to give it a few puffs during, like back in the day when you puffed a big fatty to get it going again. :spliff: After that not needed to finish session.
This thing extracts evenly with no stirring, amazed how clean the screen is after each bowl. I usually sip but that does use more battery. It does like batteries, so keep a back up charged. The Sony VTC5D and Molicel P26A seem to work good for me. Both average 5 to 6 bowls a charge.

I have noticed also that my P80 during warmup holds a more steadier temperature then my TertaX with Tubo using the same batteries? It hits cruise quicker because of the less fluctuating temperature. Maybe I should try updating my Tubo on my others mods, Ralph may have done some more tweaking, or could it be the cable from mod to heater, Ralph? I just know my P80 heats up quicker :nod:

I have been using the short bendy stem and like the form factor together with the P80. The wife says I look like a kid with a juice box sucking on it. :lol:
Waiting on a capsule stem yet with cooling inserts. I find the nub is more stealthy but does retain heat when ripping it. I've tried a few longer glass stems too, they cool better but larger, so I've been going back to the short bendy. I plan on grabbing another as a back up sometime.

The P80 feels more comfortable and balanced to me holding it with the fire button wedge between my thumb and pointer finger. The small bendy stem fits perfect too when spun around and slightly to the side. With it turned around I can see the screen to adjust temperature and give a quick squeeze to fire. Turned other way it feels front heavy to me, just my :2c:. Try it you might like it?

With the zigzag cut outs you can really feel the heat build up and escape out the cuts when ripping, I like it. With the more cut outs you can see the Tetra engine in all its glory and can see how far away the end of your stem is compared to the screen inside the P80. I noticed when changing out to different stems and there was a slight slower vapor extraction and a few needed more heat. The bendy stem is about 1/16 away from screen and really extracts the best evenly.

When my P80 arrival day came, after I chased down the mailman :p 3 weeks 3 days total after shipped.
I opened the box and a smell of a campfire came over me, I was like wow Ralph most be cold and is burning a lot of wood at his shop. I then realized it was from all the lasering work done on the P80 and my Piro :lol:.

After my first session with my new P80 I gave it a nice Eds bomb ass butter bath. The Lacewood from sitting a few weeks had been pretty dry so it sucked it up well after a nice warmup with a hair dryer. The butter brought out all the contrasts in the woods and is so smooth to the touch. Your P80 will thank you :tup:
I enjoy buttered all my wood vapes, sorry I have a problem and I know it :mental:

Stay healthy, safe and enjoy your 420 :peace:

Last edited:

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
I have noticed also that my P80 during warmup holds a more steadier temperature then my TertaX with Tubo using the same batteries? It hits cruise quicker because of the less fluctuating temperature. Maybe I should try updating my Tubo on my others mods, Ralph may have done some more tweaking, or could it be the cable from mod to heater, Ralph? I just know my P80 heats up quicker :nod:

I'm quite sure Ralph improved WarmUp with last firmware, noticed exactly same as you :)

Sadly I don't own a P80, but was asking myself also, how/if the cord does affect performance of the heater in any way.

1nd3cEnt

I have noticed also that my P80 during warmup holds a more steadier temperature then my TertaX with Tubo using the same batteries?

On my TetraX, if Cruise is set to 15secs, Warmup runs for 15secs & starts at 69-70watts for 1 second, then drops down immedately to mid-low 40s, then high 30s. If Cruise is set to 10secs, Warmup runs for 10secs. I mostly use Cruise, rarely on-demand, & never use Cruise to Warmup (W2C = 0).

It hits cruise quicker because of the less fluctuating temperature.

Possibly you have altered your Cruise duration (Vaping | Timer) in the P80? Beautiful device, btw.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Man, some beautiful devices posted this page! Would love to see some more shots of different units :drool:

muunch,
Reactions: Redline

hoyo77

My postman did not deliver my unit on 4/20 he said they could not find it...fortunately the mailroom was still open and i drive to the Post Office and had the lady find my shit!! Been waiting too long for this puppy. It took them about 45 min to find it. After i got the box i went home and grilled out and had one too many tequila shots!! So today on 4/21 i am actually unboxing the P80. First of all this thing is small, you see it in pictures and videos but you dont realize how small it is until you get it in your hands. It is work of art and well worth the wait. I think i am missing a stir stick. @funkyjunky dont the P80s come with a stir stick??

After unboxing i was like lets fire it up. Dropped a molicel in and loaded the bent stem and went with default setting out the box. I got a lot of great tasting hits but wispy on the vapor end. So i went to warmup mode and things got much better. should have read the instructions first!! The flavor is amazing. the flavor is up there with the flowerpot and the hammer. The wooden stem will probably be my favorite stem because of the length. Have not tried the whip just yet, i am a bit high!! This unit delivers on getting you medicated! Still playing around with it...i jacked the temp up to 200C and got some very nice and very flavorful clouds. It is gonna be a lot of fun learning the ins and outs of this masterpiece.

https://i.ibb.co/422Gvs6/EB33-FB4-B-EBC6-46-EC-80-A2-ED1566-F3-AC19-4-5005-c.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/pL3423W/C57980-CA-82-C9-4-CAC-B9-DA-D955-BB03-ED7-B.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/XpQxKT6/D2-A368-A2-0-DD6-49-EC-AFE1-F08-ACFD76203.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/Yj0MRCc/126-AB463-628-C-48-C8-984-B-697-F7891-A9-BD.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/6b0XjvN/ED2-FE97-F-E807-45-E9-BAE4-577413852-A36.jpg

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
The stir stick should be installed in your P80. Look for a nub sticking out when you open your battery door.

Beauty of a unit you got there!

FlyingLow,
Reactions: dimmusp

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Have fun! My sweet spot is 440*F and Cruise with a bent spiked stem. Huge, non-restricted draws! ENJOY!

FlyingLow,
Reactions: dimmusp

hoyo77

I have used the nub, the bent spiked stem, the wooden stem, and the whip. I like how they all bring out different aspects and flavor profiles. They all good, but the whip has given me the biggest lung busters so far. This bad boy will replace quite a few vapes in my collection...none of my custom made shit however!! Oh i am so glad i bought 6 new batteries...this bad boy goes thru some batteries. It is a gas guzzler!

Top Bottom