Tetra P80

SockPuppetTheatrics

Maybe reach out to @khelek41girl to see if she still makes the adapters that allow you to use dyna stems with 18mm joints. Back when I bought a couple, I got one for basket screens and one for capsules. Opened up my entire dyna custom wood stem collection for use with my TP80 and other vapes that have 18mm female joints.
Funny, I just connected with her on IG and bought an adapter; I came here to post that she was still making and selling them. Gonna pair with a wooden Dyna stem from Etsy and a matching mouthpiece with condenser from Simrell.

Maybe I'll figure out imgbb so I can post pics of the whole setup once it arrives.

SockPuppetTheatrics,
Reactions: Shit Snacks

Vapoz

Don't worry about that, I think it's ridiculous that that was suggested to you, there's no reason to think there is anything wrong with the calibration... It does not change even after sitting unused for years normally... You need to adjust your technique and expectations, take time using only it, changing single variables at a time, there are a ton of variables, like I said you are the one creating the vapor the way you inhale so you need to make sure you have the proper heat in the heater and then you are pulling that through to vaporize the herbs so you are going to have to relearn what the temperature settings mean for this device since they are not the same as crafty or other session devices you might have experience with (that have weaker smaller heaters typically and rely on conduction to create the vapor for you instead of convection where you are the one creating it with your inhale)

Sorry, the thread is really cluttered, you would have to skim through the whole thing, not just my posts but other people's posts, about use, because you see when you ask the question here you got a mix of advice that I don't think is very helpful... What you need to work on is technique etc.

If you want to see my posts, there is a search at the top, you can choose to see posts only from a specific member, and type a search term like "usage tips" or just one of those words or other words... It can be tricky that way, or you can try to just use Google and type fuck combustion with your search term for tetra (the original Tubo thread could be helpful as well since they work pretty much the same except tetra has a better heater and other upgrades)
I've set my resistance 0.03 higher then on my lid. When I'm using the restistance on my lid I barely get clouds at 240c, when I'm using the higher resistance I get good terpy hits at 220c and can finish the bowl at 240. All with the baskets. I know how to draw since I also got a Flowerpot F22.

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
Funny, I just connected with her on IG and bought an adapter; I came here to post that she was still making and selling them. Gonna pair with a wooden Dyna stem from Etsy and a matching mouthpiece with condenser from Simrell.

Maybe I'll figure out imgbb so I can post pics of the whole setup once it arrives.

And speaking of, this is your adapter that I just finished, paired with a Canvas stem that is going out to Ryan from HerbalTherm (was RBT), set on his Milaana v3! I'll be shipping it out first thing Tuesday morning! (Monday is a holiday, so no mail.)

I would have used a Tetra P80 for thread relevance, but sadly, I don't have one to showcase :-/

SockPuppetTheatrics

And speaking of, this is your adapter that I just finished, paired with a Canvas stem that is going out to Ryan from HerbalTherm (was RBT), set on his Milaana v3! I'll be shipping it out first thing Tuesday morning! (Monday is a holiday, so no mail.)

I would have used a Tetra P80 for thread relevance, but sadly, I don't have one to showcase :-/
Many thanks! Very excited to start experimenting with all the possibilities it opens up. :)

SockPuppetTheatrics,

Stonedbadger

I apologise for the shitty photos, I was ah, lightly medicated at the time trying many different, but all highly effective vapes.

But, nonetheless, I'm not that satisfied with how the photos were uploaded. I have one of those fancy samsung notes ( I wanna say S20 ultra, but despite the fact that I am holding said device in my hands right now.. I still can't tell you what model it is...) but regardless it takes good photos.

What I'm trying to say is that the uploaded pictures I took (despite all the failings of the same) appear worse than what they do on my phone.

Which makes no difference to anyone, really, but I'm sitting here wondering if there was anything different I could have done in order to both capture a better picture and then share it with all you magnificent beasts more realistically

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I apologise for the shitty photos, I was ah, lightly medicated at the time trying many different, but all highly effective vapes.

But, nonetheless, I'm not that satisfied with how the photos were uploaded. I have one of those fancy samsung notes ( I wanna say S20 ultra, but despite the fact that I am holding said device in my hands right now.. I still can't tell you what model it is...) but regardless it takes good photos.

What I'm trying to say is that the uploaded pictures I took (despite all the failings of the same) appear worse than what they do on my phone.

Which makes no difference to anyone, really, but I'm sitting here wondering if there was anything different I could have done in order to both capture a better picture and then share it with all you magnificent beasts more realistically

Oh, they might be compressed when uploaded, but I think it's because of the way you shared them perhaps? I always do the full image, not thumbnail, and like I said I paste the BB code (only what is in the IMG brackets no URL) so they display here fully... I clicked on yours and they seemed fine to me, I'm not sure if you feel like mine looked better that way so you could try... Or you could try another image uploading service if you think they are compressing your photos too much? Honestly I can't tell enough

BubbleDrop

Your image looks fine, I think.

20240114-024514.jpg

axilla101

Is there any real functional difference between the acrylic and wood bodies, or is it just a matter of preference/weight?

axilla101,
Reactions: dimmusp

Shit Snacks

Is there any real functional difference between the acrylic and wood bodies, or is it just a matter of preference/weight?

Zero effect on function, they're just shells (also the acrylic is just paint over plywood by the way so it is still wood bodies regardless)

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: dimmusp

axilla101

Zero effect on function, they're just shells (also the acrylic is just paint over plywood by the way so it is still wood bodies regardless)
Thanks! Doing some research ahead of whenever the next drop is.

As a happy Volcano/Venty/TM2 user, it feels like a P80/BAKx would be the most additive to my collection-- given that I don't really want to go the butane or ball vape route. Anything else you'd potentially recommend?

ondemander

Thanks! Doing some research ahead of whenever the next drop is.

As a happy Volcano/Venty/TM2 user, it feels like a P80/BAKx would be the most additive to my collection-- given that I don't really want to go the butane or ball vape route. Anything else you'd potentially recommend?
Splinter Z dialed in with TC is about 80-90% similar performance of a TP80 with better battery life depending on the mod.

ondemander,
Reactions: jbm

floribud

Anyone else have difficulty getting the battery door to stay shut on the P80? It doesn't look like anything is broken, it's just really finicky and difficult to get it to click into place.... wouldn't be so bad if the P80 had USB-C, but I generally avoid charging with micro-USB and I only get about 3-4 bowls out of the P80 so I'm contantly changing batteries.

floribud,

Shit Snacks

Anyone else have difficulty getting the battery door to stay shut on the P80? It doesn't look like anything is broken, it's just really finicky and difficult to get it to click into place.... wouldn't be so bad if the P80 had USB-C, but I generally avoid charging with micro-USB and I only get about 3-4 bowls out of the P80 so I'm contantly changing batteries.

Yep that has been noted before, you have to be careful pulling it out, fully so then you can push it in fully down and to the side, it can be a little tricky sometimes it's true... I got a good rhythm with mine, but for some reason had a little trouble the other day too lol

Stonedbadger

When mine first arrived, it took me a while to notic that you also have to line the stir tool up in the correct orientation

floribud

When mine first arrived, it took me a while to notic that you also have to line the stir tool up in the correct orientation
Yeah my stir tool isn't the problem. It looks like the wood on the lid has expanded over time, and is preventing the lid from going down low enough so the "hook" and catch the "lip". Looks like i'm going to have to sand the bottom of the wood on the lid, I'll give an update once I do that

edit: Well that seemed to help, but at least my P80 just has a bit of a difficult battery door. I can now see a sliver of daylight when I push the hinge all the way down. I'm willing to bet my Miami humidity did a number on the wood.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Defective hatch in the P80 mod itself maybe? Damn sometimes they have bad doors though ...

Good Vibes Boro has fresh drop to his site store btw

Shit Snacks

Looking for some peace of mind, have any of you have ever sent your P80 in for repairs and if so, how long did it take?
Thanks.

From what I've seen, you're going to want to be patient, and just expect a long time... Sometimes it can be a quick turnaround though, I don't think it's that consistent necessarily depending when, so the best option would be to just talk to Ralph directly to get the best sense of when would be best to send it in? Otherwise it's random data

ElMismo

I had a problem with the sinous P80 mod box. No more heat.
It took more than 4 months, but it came back eventually with a new mod box working just fine. Still working to this today.
He apologied for the delay and made it right by offfering me to return it free of charge.
I didn’t even have to ask.
Trustworthy. Be patient.

Great device. Still in rotation.
Almost 4 years now. :love::peace:

Stonedbadger

I've only experienced excellent service from Ralph! But please be patient, you have to remember that he's in a different time zone to most and pays fastidious attention to the work and art. This isn't a factory farm vape shop your dealing with...

Top Bottom