Tetra P80

Yeah I know this thread is so long and it's tough but if you skim backwards you should be able to really hit the ground running! Tough to learn something new, always a curve really, especially when there are so many different ways to use it, good luck!!
There’s a lot of great info. I haven’t really got that far into the settings but usually do a warmup and then cruise at 380f up to 420 or so. Not sure I really need to do more at this time since it was basically set to my liking.

Vapor
I like the short tank stem (my first) and the mid length bendy stem the best. I have a long skinny one with a little handle which I don’t use much. I use my P80 about weekly these days and only in the house. It’s not one I like to take on-the-go or travel with. Mine’s a prebuilt and has always worked well. :peace:

I’ve got those 2 stems and would like a couple more but that little tank stem works amazingly well for it being about an inch long.

StinKing

Just received my unit from the Jan 21st drop. I tried looking for a bit of info on here but the site can be a bit difficult to traverse. Anything I need to know before using my device? Is a burn-off neccessary??

Dr. G

Old Resident
...I just received my unit. It took my breath away. Literally...never seen anything so beautiful. I have never held a more beautiful vape. I am afraid to use it. I keep staring at it. I had bought some amazing stems from Good Vibes Boro for it. I am in awe. It just feels so good to hold. OMG...I truly am in heaven. I cannot wait to use it this evening. Truly I am in love with my Tetra P80. I wasn't even going to try and get one...but, Shit Snacks was encouraging. I am so happy we did. This has got to be the Rolls Royce of vapes...got to be. I am not taking this anywhere other than my house. This and my TM2 are the God's of my vape life. I would recommend you try and get one of these on the next drop. Stunning. I will try and post photos later.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Just received my unit from the Jan 21st drop. I tried looking for a bit of info on here but the site can be a bit difficult to traverse. Anything I need to know before using my device? Is a burn-off neccessary??

Yeah this thread is cluttered but if you just skim backwards page by page you should find plenty of tips to get going, always good to do a little burn in with any new vape, very easy to do cruising with TP80 without a stem... Ralph probably ran it to test too

EarthworldTim

Congrats to all the new owners!

After a long honeymoon that had me using FW7, TM2, and desktop baller more I've gone back to using the TP80 almost exclusively(highlighter is the chill desktop companion over the much more aggressive baller head) this last week or two. It's by far my favorite portable to use with the open air flow, it just feels more relaxing than the others. Also through water at high temp with some dry sift hash I've had laying around was awesome. Props to @GoldenBud for the motivation I needed.

Dr. G

Old Resident
My Dad just said that I should put olive oil on it. Light. Is this a good idea? For wood care...olive oil? He said that is what he used in Italy to keep the wood full of Lustre on his rifle.

Dr. G,

Shit Snacks

My Dad just said that I should put olive oil on it. Light. Is this a good idea? For wood care...olive oil? He said that is what he used in Italy to keep the wood full of Lustre on his rifle.

No, modern olive oil from the stores is going to have stuff that can go rancid, not a good idea to use on wood, better to use mineral oils and beeswax things that do not spoil... I don't oil any of my wood though personally

...I just received my unit. It took my breath away. Literally...never seen anything so beautiful. I have never held a more beautiful vape. I am afraid to use it. I keep staring at it. I had bought some amazing stems from Good Vibes Boro for it. I am in awe. It just feels so good to hold. OMG...I truly am in heaven. I cannot wait to use it this evening. Truly I am in love with my Tetra P80. I wasn't even going to try and get one...but, Shit Snacks was encouraging. I am so happy we did. This has got to be the Rolls Royce of vapes...got to be. I am not taking this anywhere other than my house. This and my TM2 are the God's of my vape life. I would recommend you try and get one of these on the next drop. Stunning. I will try and post photos later.
You’ve got me hyped It Sounds like a photo op to me. First time I heard of the p80 was that nights drop and I didn’t try for one but fell down the rabbit hole that night and came out with a used model within 2 weeks lol. I’m loving it so far, as far as taste the win goes to my firefly 2+ but usage wise the p80 adds so much and it’s flavor isn’t far off.

Dr. G

Old Resident
You’ve got me hyped It Sounds like a photo op to me. First time I heard of the p80 was that nights drop and I didn’t try for one but fell down the rabbit hole that night and came out with a used model within 2 weeks lol. I’m loving it so far, as far as taste the win goes to my firefly 2+ but usage wise the p80 adds so much and it’s flavor isn’t far off.
The Firefly was the first vape I ever owned...I love the flavor. I am getting the hang of the Tetra...kinda burned a bit of my first bowl...getting the swing of it. When I go low on the temp...I get to taste nice terps. To be honest...I did not know where the Fire button was...and I kinda found it by surprise. I did read the manual but, it does not indicate where it is. LOL Newbie moving forward and learning as I go along.

Shit Snacks

Definitely not the first person to be unsure what the fire button was lol Yeah if you're using higher temp settings you need fast rip and if you go too long eventually it will scorch, particularly filling the rimmed basket screens at the tip, with lower temp settings you have more freedom for a slow draw

StinKing

Hello all, another question. I wanted to buy some spare batteries and after looking at Lamart's list of suggested batteries, I can't find any of the ones he recommends at 20amps. For example, he recommends the Sony VTC6 but when I look up that specific battery on IMR, it says that it's 15amps.

This is the particular one I'm talking about.

Will this battery still work or can someone link me to the best battery for my new device?

Thank you for any help!

StinKing,

Falconflys

Hello all, another question. I wanted to buy some spare batteries and after looking at Lamart's list of suggested batteries, I can't find any of the ones he recommends at 20amps. For example, he recommends the Sony VTC6 but when I look up that specific battery on IMR, it says that it's 15amps.

Will this battery still work or can someone link me to the best battery for my new device?

Thank you for any help!
Honestly your best bet is to get molicel 26a or 28a. The vtc6 is fine in his devices. I've used them a lot. Recently I decided to upgrade some of my older and bought all molicel 28a. Ben great! And they are highly recommend!

Shit Snacks

Thank you for any help!

You're confused, as long as it's an authentic battery, it has the proper amps (they don't make the same battery with the same name with different amps), that Sony is rated 15-30, Molicel are the best value though Sony might be the overall best performer...

Momor

I received my unit from the last drop yesterday and I think it's beautiful! I love the two tones of the wood.

The bendy stem was broken (the one in the pic is from a Piro i also got recently) and there is a minor cosmetic defect on the bottom of the unit but Ralph is already taking care of all this so I'm very happy !

Performance is great, but that isn't a surprise. Thanks to this thread, that i read quit thoroughly, there is almost no morning curve for me, even using pure on demand mode.

I really like the bendy spiked stem. The restriction is just right for me and the cooling is just enough so the vapor isn't hit at all but i still can feel when I'm close enough to combustion (like to take my load to that limit). I should get a tank as a replacement for the broken bendy so I'll see how I like it.

The unit is very confortable to hold and use.

The battery drain is ok for me. I have an external charger and a few Molicel p26A and p28A on hand and after a few test bowl I think that my TM/TM2 (calibrated on the highest setting iirc) go through batteries even a bit quicker.

I resisted a long time trying to score a TP80 and I'm very happy I finally did !

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
The battery drain is ok for me. I have an external charger and a few Molicel p26A and p28A on hand and after a few test bowl I think that my TM/TM2 (calibrated on the highest setting iirc) go through batteries even a bit quicker.
I have an OG TM and a P80 and it’s the opposite for me, unscientifically (of course). I think the P80 drains batteries quicker than my TM; my TM will work at low battery levels (one buzz) while I always get a low battery warning with my P80 at around 33% and it usually won’t heat or work much lower than that. I use my P80 mostly on Cruise. I also have the spiked bendy stem (and short tank) and use them most and love them both. :peace:

Dr. G

Old Resident
I have an OG TM and a P80 and it’s the opposite for me, unscientifically (of course). I think the P80 drains batteries quicker than my TM; my TM will work at low battery levels (one buzz) while I always get a low battery warning with my P80 at around 33% and it usually won’t heat or work much lower than that. I use my P80 mostly on Cruise. I also have the spiked bendy stem (and short tank) and use them most and love them both. :peace:
...agree 100%
I am using stems from Good Vibes Boro. That is the only difference I find the battery difference. If I closed my eyes, I think I could not tell the diff.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
...agree 100%
I am using stems from Good Vibes Boro. That is the only difference I find the battery difference. If I closed my eyes, I think I could not tell the diff.
Unscientifically speaking, again, stems could impact battery drain to a degree. Depending on constriction, speed, strength and length of draw coupled with other factors (load size, grind, pack, moisture, temp, etc…) all play into it I think. My P80 stems of choice are the short tank and spiked bendy so those are variables but don’t vary by much; I use rimmed basket screens in those. My TM on the other hand mostly used the short stock stem without nuts & washers in the cooling unit and usually without any additional screen for a year and a half; I’ve recently bought and used a few stems from TRWW with a simple dome screen to hold the flower. I still assert the P80 tends to drain batts quicker and doesn’t permit me to use it at low capacity compared to the TM. YMMV. I however don’t want to devolve into comparisons more here. Both are exceptional vapes with their own merits. :peace:

Zambilandian

Won’t attach for some reason but here’s my p80! Just landed today. First impressions are good but I feel like I need to crank it up a bit. Currently at 420.

My first and only gripe so far has to do with the included stem / screen at the bottom over the heater coils. The included stems basket screen get caught at the bottom of the ground joint and pops off / mess made. Any tips on getting the rimless basket screen seated better? I think that’s the culprit but I can’t push it down any further. Is it okay for it to be in contact with the heater? Will that not cause resistance issues?

Regardless of this small issue I look forward to getting to know this little powerhouse over the weekend

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
In my experience, you‘ll hardly getting out three loads from one 18650 with the Tetra heater. It‘s about 2,5 average, depending on load, stem and stuff you vape.

Got my P80 some days ago. Using TuboX and TetraX for years now, in my opinion the Tetra is one of the very best heaters out there. So I wasn‘t impressed by the performance. But honestly, I hadn‘t expected such a fucking perfect beauty.

It looks and feels simply great, no rattling, everything fits and looks perfectly and on top you get the heater. It‘s a masterpiece of craftsmanship and worth waiting and fighting for the drop and of course every Cent too.

The only negative is, I‘ll won‘t take it on any holidays, festivals, parties or stuff. I’m a (drunk) stoner :D way too much.
It‘s more a portable for home device.

Zambilandian

Solved my issue. The rimless basket screen over the heaters was not pushed down and outward enough and it was catching the rimmed screen.

My new issue / concern is about the coils themselves. I’ve noticed one of the 4 coils glows pretty red during the warmup part of the session. Is this a common issue/ an issue at all? My only concern would be the coil getting hot enough to oxidize. Definitely don’t want that

Zambilandian,

Shit Snacks

Solved my issue. The rimless basket screen over the heaters was not pushed down and outward enough and it was catching the rimmed screen.

My new issue / concern is about the coils themselves. I’ve noticed one of the 4 coils glows pretty red during the warmup part of the session. Is this a common issue/ an issue at all? My only concern would be the coil getting hot enough to oxidize. Definitely don’t want that

You may want to recalibrate, the way to do that would be the highest setting figuring out when the glow is, should tweak resistance to avoid the glow, it is weird that only one would glow though?

Shit Snacks,
  • Wow
Reactions: Dr. G
Top Bottom