Tetra P80

losojos

ahh brother I forgot your case already! I'm talking about me, it happend to me! i didn't understand wth is wrong with my Tetra @ 220C not bringing the same clouds as the Tubo... i raised it +0.001 and then i figured I should have used higher temp because it's still a 70W vape but now there are 4 coils...
Haha, no worries at all, man. Just saw an opportunity for the joke.

Quick update on that, both of my P80s are now singing like sewing machines. I’m finally falling in love with this device the same way I did with my Tinymight. I want to thank everyone here again for their help.

fangorn

nobody wanted my Tp80 at the price where I bought it ...

and so much the better...
because in the meantime I found a very well paid job...
so I don't need to sell it anymore!!
tonight I unpacked the package I had prepared... it's like I'm getting the Tp80 for a second time 😁

a good evening ahead!
happy vape to all

TeaCup

I used 500F with dabs, after long dab/iceolator session it gave me "device too hot"
and I understand people want to be careful with the P80
I'd say don't go over 480F but it can be working like a dream roller coaster dabbin convection tool at 500F fast draw too if needed (preheat well)
the problems with the P80 comes when somebody plays with his resistance...
Thanks, makes me feel a bit better.

GoldenBud

455F fast draw = Skywalking like a light-weight beast....definately above the ground...
ABV:
abv235.jpg

GoldenBud

same wooden wpa, 240C (464F) slow draw ABV - and there's even an unvaped trichome on the left, crazy efficient vape the tetra it is:
1667749146205.jpg

yep, the TP80 definately needs higher temp than TUBO...
*using glass wpa requires using a bit lower temp, like 455F or so (slow draw, top shelf weed only, drier weed will require much lower temp)
*it's like using the TM at 9-10 but with a better taste, kinda

babyskunk

Has anyone else had an issue with their TP80 not heating up? I'm not talking the temp being low or anything, but the device straight-up not heating up. Everything seems to be functioning normally, except no heat. I can't find anything on Ralph's website about this. And I just don't know what I could have done wrong to cause this. Thanks in advance!

babyskunk,
Reactions: GoldenBud

GoldenBud

Has anyone else had an issue with their TP80 not heating up? I'm not talking the temp being low or anything, but the device straight-up not heating up. Everything seems to be functioning normally, except no heat. I can't find anything on Ralph's website about this. And I just don't know what I could have done wrong to cause this. Thanks in advance!
how much PWR you have in Cruise mode 230C? around 20w or less? how it looks by the PWR?

GoldenBud,

GoldenBud

Turned on, at 230C, in Cruise, PWR is flickering around 0.9-1. Is that bad?
now it's bad, let's see what we can do
menu>coils>manage
in the TUBO section you've got the same number as it is engraved in the P80 mod lid? around 0.225~ probably~
is it locked? if not, up/down buttons to lock it please
let's see if it will work

GoldenBud,

babyskunk

now it's bad, let's see what we can do
menu>coils>manage
in the TUBO section you've got the same number as it is engraved in the P80 mod lid? around 0.225~ probably~
is it locked? if not, up/down buttons to lock it please
let's see if it will work
Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.
The engraved number is 0.326. TUBO number matches. It has the lock next to it. I tried turning it on again, same PWR numbers

babyskunk,

GoldenBud

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.
The engraved number is 0.326. TUBO number matches. It has the lock next to it. I tried turning it on again, same PWR numbers
which batteries do you have?
is it set to TCR 185, menu>coils>Manage? in the menu screen you see TCR 185 too?
did you buy it from lamart or from somebody?

can you restart the device? like pulling out the battery then insert in
if all of this won't work maybe you'll need re-calibration if you got it from somebody or not lamart
but let's see

Last edited:
GoldenBud,

babyskunk

which batteries do you have?
is it set to TCR 185, menu>coils>Manage? in the menu screen you see TCR 185 too?
did you buy it from lamart or from somebody?
Molicel P28A 18650s. I don't see any TCR numbers in menu>coils>manage. or on the menu screen.
I bought it off the discord, been using it for about 3 weeks without problems

babyskunk,

GoldenBud

Molicel P28A 18650s. I don't see any TCR numbers in menu>coils>manage. or on the menu screen.
I bought it off the discord, been using it for about 3 weeks without problems
you charge it inside the P80? hmmm
i remember having the 1W problem i restarted but it was with TUBOx
when you on-demand 260C it's also stuck on 1w?

we can re-calibrate it but.... like, checking:
go to darkest room in your house
set temp = 260C
but set resistance to 0.327 lock it and set Check to NO
is it slightly glowing?

GoldenBud,

GoldenBud

nope, never. at least with these batteries, its always been an external charger
we'll try re-calibration, carefully, darkest room temp=260C with +0.001 to resistance
maybe you will use resistance of 0.327 instead of 0.326

GoldenBud,

babyskunk

you charge it inside the P80? hmmm
i remember having the 1W problem i restarted but it was with TUBOx
when you on-demand 260C it's also stuck on 1w?

we can re-calibrate it but.... like, checking:
go to darkest room in your house
set temp = 260C
but set resistance to 0.327 lock it and set Check to NO
is it slightly glowing?
In on-demand, it flickers a bit more, like 0.9-4W. I'll go do that and report back. what's the set check for?

In on-demand, it flickers a bit more, like 0.9-4W. I'll go do that and report back. what's the set check for?
I bumped the resistance up to .327 and the temp at 260C. No glow

babyskunk,

GoldenBud

if the user before you used very high temps, you know, i'm not saying 100% but.. there's a case where you may need to change your resistance for good. but for that, you need a fresh or like 80% battery full and darkest room, if the coils glow - reduce by 0.001
so, if your coils slightly slightly glow at 0.328, your new resistance is 0.327
in temp=260C the coils shouldn't glow

with my Tetra, 230C, on-demand, is taking like 30W++, remember that it's 70W vape, from cold it will use also 68W, 61W, etc', and then 44W.. etc'

GoldenBud,

babyskunk

if the user before you used very high temps, you know, i'm not saying 100% but.. there's a case where you may need to change your resistance for good. but for that, you need a fresh or like 80% battery full and darkest room, if the coils glow - reduce by 0.001
so, if your coils slightly slightly glow at 0.328, your new resistance is 0.327
in temp=500F the coils shouldn't glow
Based off what they said, it sounds like they used lower temps than me. And the resistance was originally set at .324. I bumped it up to match the lid. I'll try that calibration process, would that be why the PWR is so low?
I didn't, like, twist a stem and break anything, did I? I haven't had anything stuck in there but I'm always worried about the internals breaking.

babyskunk,

GoldenBud

Based off what they said, it sounds like they used lower temps than me. And the resistance was originally set at .324. I bumped it up to match the lid. I'll try that calibration process, would that be why the PWR is so low?
I didn't, like, twist a stem and break anything, did I? I haven't had anything stuck in there but I'm always worried about the internals breaking.
if your resistance is as the lid now, Check to NO, locked, go for it. try 230C on a bong, slow draw, is it working?
the resistance is the key to control the coils.. it's the most important thing to check with 2nd devices..

GoldenBud,

babyskunk

if your resistance is as the lid now, Check to NO, locked, go for it. try 230C on a bong, slow draw, is it working?
the resistance is the key to control the coils.. it's the most important thing to check with 2nd devices..
Nope. So with the resistance on the lid, check to No, Locked, I get nothing. I tried bumping up the resistance, up to .330 and still no glow.

babyskunk,

GoldenBud

in on-demand, its at 0.9W when standing still. if I move it, the wattage bumps up. but otherwise, its around 1
we will need to try 0.339 etc' because I know somebody that had to change his by 0.15.. but - i won't go up 0.340, i will suggest mailing lamart etc'
but i'm certain it should glow at X then reduce 0.001~
but you really need a very dark room, i hope it will be fixed in some resistance and not mod problem or so

babyskunk

we will need to try 0.339 etc' because I know somebody that had to change his by 0.15.. but - i won't go up 0.340, i will suggest mailing lamart etc'
but i'm certain it should glow at X then reduce 0.001~
but you really need a very dark room, i hope it will be fixed in some resistance and not mod problem or so
okay, so here's where I am. somewhere between 0.331 and 0.334, the wattage started working again. when I go on-demand at 260, it fluctuates around 20W. and it's heating up again (b/c before, it wasn't just not heating to the set temp, it wasn't heating at all). however, the coils are still not glowing. should I keep pushing the resistance?
any guesses why the device was working normal last night and then needed a 0.01 increase?

babyskunk,
Top Bottom