Tetra P80

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yes, if I load 0.1g in the rimmed basket it is going to be packed a bit too much and I won't get any vapor at 175°C. But if I pack 0.07g I then get decent vapor. Well, it used to work like that for several months. I've set the TP80 between 175°C and 195°C and got vapor all the time.

Yeah, so this doesn't make any sense to me at all, I can get vapor with either, but I would get more vapor with more loaded... I think the upper settings are more useful here, especially using like this, but I would look again or rather not overthink it too much?

Sure, but I was used to those temps (with the Crafty+, and several other vapes).
I noticed most people don't use such low temps though.

While experimentation is the only way to determine what suits you best, the ideal temperature for extracting most of the represented substances is 185 °C. Thus, the optimal temperature range for cannabis is between 180°C and 210 °C. Temperatures below 190 °C bring more potent psychoactive effects; higher temperatures affect the body.

This is just theory, of course.

Yeah so this would be thinking too much about it I think lol not going to be anything like the crafty in almost any way, and as I said the temperatures are all relative, so optimal extraction temperature in whatever that link is, is largely meaningless here imo

Yeah 380f is more of a solid low temp starting point in tetra I've found, though I've tried 360 365 too, 385 is more rewarding medium low temp experience, 400 410 More of that medium high, then 420 and above for that high level full quick extraction...

Vap O matic

Thanks for all the tips and different recommendations. I like this forum because it gives constructive and pragmatic recommendations. Everyone takes what he/she needs. Thanks for that! :clap:

take a top shelf weed, vape at 230C (let is heat soak for 20-40 seconds) , it feels like 7.5 on TM1? slow-medium draw.
I tried a few more things last night. The best way for me is the recommendation of GoldenBud. Thanks Bro 👊 . I did the same and did it twice with the wood capsule Stem. Massive clouds at 230 degrees , first preheat , press the button for 10 seconds without pulling , then hold down and pull slowly to medium .

After the 2nd attempt I reached the outer rings of Saturn. I still read what everyone else wrote, but was no longer able to cognitively implement this. :whoa::whoa::whoa::zzz:

Will postpone any further experiments to the weekend and face the TP80 with respect. 😉

Last edited:

BubbleDrop

Yeah, so this doesn't make any sense to me at all, I can get vapor with either, but I would get more vapor with more loaded...
For me, if packing too much then there is no air flowing through the herb and convection doesn't work so well.
Isn't it supposed to work like this ?

BubbleDrop,
Reactions: GoldenBud

Shit Snacks

For me, if packing too much then there is no air flowing through the herb and convection doesn't work so well.
Isn't it supposed to work like this ?

No? Even with a fine grind, pack tight, you still pull hard enough to get the air flow through the herb, shouldn't be packed into a complete brick or something like a conduction vape lol I've never had that problem, but you can end up with more of a scorch on top, at the higher settings, with a tighter pack.. so you can just loosen the pack.. I wouldn't run a hole through the middle, but just like give it a stir all around and a more gentle tamp I guess

BubbleDrop

Ok I see what you mean, I will try to pull harder.

If I am grinding 0.1g and suck through the stem to fill the basket, then a lot is left (almost a quarter I'd say). But with this packing things work great.
If I pack more to put the 0.1g of herb inside the basket, it is tight packed and I get no vapor at 350F. But I understand I need to pull harder.
Will try that !

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Don’t let me stop you from various experiments, but I don’t really ascribe to the tightly-packed school of thought. I have great luck just straw sucking in whatever fits and giving a light tamp if that. For low temps I agree with @Shit Snacks that more flower will produce more vapor, I just haven’t seen a need to restrict my draw.

Oden

Hello everyone
Personally I don't understand users who find it difficult to have good performance with the tetra even at low temperatures, it works very well for me.
I can either choose to sip in session mode from 175 to 195 for flavor and get an uplifting effect rather than the high heat stone effect.
Generally I sip with the stems provided by Lamart.
Or vape at high temperature to finish my bowl in a few quick hits with my bubbler.

Fairly long warm-up in my technique.
I preheat the Tetra for several minutes in cruise mode at 250° with the rod but without the weed and the basket screen.
I have noticed that a long preheat with the weed in the stem gives off a bad taste and the flavor fades faster.
So I add my basket after the long preheating that I do.
And I choose my temperature. Quite simply.
And I have very visible and tasty vapor from 175°.
It doesn't matter if I'm micro-dosing or filling the whole basket for a long sipping session.
It works the same lol.

But I agree that the TM2 produces more vapor and much more simply and quickly. It's so simple with him and the flavors of the TM2 are better than the Tetra.
I received mine today and it was epic from the first use 🤣🤣🤣.
I like both but my P80 is going to take a little break after over a year and a half of vaping my weed only with it 😍.

Shit Snacks

Don’t let me stop you from various experiments, but I don’t really ascribe to the tightly-packed school of thought. I have great luck just straw sucking in whatever fits and giving a light tamp if that. For low temps I agree with @Shit Snacks that more flower will produce more vapor, I just haven’t seen a need to restrict my draw.

Yeah, I was just responding to that specific situation really, don't get me wrong, I am typically loading that straw suck way, or with scoops, more loose than tight just gentle tamp, but if I am trying to get more at the low end I would probably use a tighter pack more full fine grind, and a long heat soak :tup:

@Oden yeah there are so many variables between us, how we used the devices, the various glass, and the herbs, truly the TP80 can do everything (and is quite different from the TM though both are quite versatile and very capable!)

BubbleDrop

I preheat the Tetra for several minutes in cruise mode at 250° with the rod but without the weed and the basket screen.
I have noticed that a long preheat with the weed in the stem gives off a bad taste and the flavor fades faster.
So I add my basket after the long preheating that I do.
And I choose my temperature. Quite simply.
And I have very visible and tasty vapor from 175°.
We've discussed that already but I'm not sure you're @ 175°C when you start pulling.
It could be higher as you've been setting the TP80 @ 250°C for quite a long time.

BubbleDrop,
Reactions: Oden

Oden

We've discussed that already but I'm not sure you're @ 175°C when you start pulling.
It could be higher as you've been setting the TP80 @ 250°C for quite a long time.
Yeah we are compatriots 😂👍

After my preheating at high temperature when I go down to 175 I let the temperature stabilize for a while.
I must definitely be higher in degrees but I doubt it. It is with this technique that I have the best success.
And I estimate that the time I let it cool down after my preheat is enough to get as close to 175 as possible. It allows me to vape in the lower temperature range.
Because when I decide to hit my p80 starting at 220 instead of 175, the flavor is less pleasant, much more vapor, I finish my bowl faster starting at 220 and the effects are not the same of course.
I much prefer the effects of low temperatures. And I can really sip for a long time starting at 175° unlike 220° 😉
So if it didn't work I wouldn't have continued so long with this technique lol

fangorn

I was a seller for my Tp80 but it didn't find a buyer...
which is certainly not worse!
and it's like I'm going to get a new unit since it's already packed!! I can't wait haha

so I take this opportunity to join this joyful discussion!!

personally, I preheat to 205 degrees celsius. after warming up I used to turn the temperature down and start at 175 degrees celsius.
With really good quality weed (mine 😋) I could get 165 degree vapor.
With mediocre weed I have to start at 185 degrees if I want to see the vapor...

sometimes my first puff is just the continuity of the preheat and I don't get much vapor, but the second is always of excellent quality...

with the mediocre weed I have at the moment, I see the importance of the quality of the weed... convection is not the best system to get good results with this one. conduction doesn't turn shit to gold... but at least I get some decent puffs...

for packaging, I try to pack rather loosely...but I'm greedy...I always get an even, quality extraction!

in short, to summarize... in my opinion, the preheating is really super important... and the quality of the weed is really an important parameter.

I hope you'll be able to find the settings that work for you!

gordontreeman

Yeah just commenting that I agree with all the comments that preheating is super important. I don’t generally get a lot of visible vapor below 360F, but even if I’m going down there I use w2c to get the boro tubes heat soaked. That mass seems pretty important: the airflow is so wide open that otherwise I don’t think the coils alone are quite enough, but once everything is heated the tp80 is a rockstar imo. Fantastic flavor, versatile, and plenty powerful!

average_joe

To add to how ppl use their P80 (in my case my Tetrax, should work the same). I always start with warm up at max temp (260C) it takes about 12 seconds max to change to cruise, in cruise my first pull goes slow and steady and after a couple seconds I can feel the vapor coming out so I suck a bit harder to get a nice cloud and flavor (I do this as I know the vape and the material are cold, so using at max temp balances that), after that first pull I lower the temp but never gone under 220C and so I keep going raising the temp slowly and usually end up in 250/255C.

In other topic, has anyone heard from Ralph? I gave him 2 weeks already since I sent my emails and dont want to message him again (felt bad enough that I sent 3 emails in a row the same day as I didnt realise I had more questions than I thought) but I would really like to hear from him soon, I read in the forum that he is going through some changes in his life so I try to give him proper time and space but my anxiety is getting strong.

vapour

To add to how ppl use their P80 (in my case my Tetrax, should work the same). I always start with warm up at max temp (260C) it takes about 12 seconds max to change to cruise, in cruise my first pull goes slow and steady and after a couple seconds I can feel the vapor coming out so I suck a bit harder to get a nice cloud and flavor (I do this as I know the vape and the material are cold, so using at max temp balances that), after that first pull I lower the temp but never gone under 220C and so I keep going raising the temp slowly and usually end up in 250/255C.

In other topic, has anyone heard from Ralph? I gave him 2 weeks already since I sent my emails and dont want to message him again (felt bad enough that I sent 3 emails in a row the same day as I didnt realise I had more questions than I thought) but I would really like to hear from him soon, I read in the forum that he is going through some changes in his life so I try to give him proper time and space but my anxiety is getting strong.
Heard from him a few days ago (after months of no replies)! He said he's been busy but is on track to get back on working though his queue.

checkyourlibido

Heard from him a few days ago (after months of no replies)! He said he's been busy but is on track to get back on working though his queue.
That's small shops. We've gotta take the bitter with the sweet. Everyone has a life and their own issues. Glad to hear he's working through the queue and it sounds like he's okay.

losojos

Has there been a definitive answer on the process to calibrate out P80's? It seems like the process is to go into a dark room, turn the resistance up until you just see the coils glow, then back off 0.001. However, I have seen several posts saying that that process is for the TetraX not P80. I don't know enough to know if this is true.

My P80 has 0.225 engraved inside the battery door. But, out of the box I got literally no vapor. Following the instructions, I bumped the resistance up in 0.002 increments until I got decent clouds. Now I'm at 0.231, which is way away from the calibrated/engraved resistance. So, I'd like to try the calibration process myself.

GoldenBud

My P80 has 0.225 engraved inside the battery door. But, out of the box I got literally no vapor. Following the instructions, I bumped the resistance up in 0.002 increments until I got decent clouds. Now I'm at 0.231, which is way away from the calibrated/engraved resistance. So, I'd like to try the calibration process myself.
the official recommendation for P80 is to use the same resistance as the engraved inside written, but using warmup mode (15s-30s) then trying around 205C-215C, do you get vapor?

P80 comes calibrated already. TetraX can't arrive as already calibrated for a specific mod. maybe after few months of heavy usage you need to bump 0.001 or so...

losojos

the official recommendation for P80 is to use the same resistance as the engraved inside written, but using warmup mode (15s-30s) then trying around 205C-215C, do you get vapor?

P80 comes calibrated already. TetraX can't arrive as already calibrated for a specific mod. maybe after few months of heavy usage you need to bump 0.001 or so...
I just got my P80 in the last drop, so it's not very old. It does get almost daily use, but only for 2-4 sessions. Tonight, I'll set the resistance back to the engraved number and test at 205C. I normally vape around 395F (201-202C). I know when I was first testing (before messing with the resistance) I had bumped the temp up to 410F (210C), but who knows what order I did things in.

GoldenBud

I just got my P80 in the last drop, so it's not very old. It does get almost daily use, but only for 2-4 sessions. Tonight, I'll set the resistance back to the engraved number and test at 205C. I normally vape around 395F (201-202C). I know when I was first testing (before messing with the resistance) I had bumped the temp up to 410F (210C), but who knows what order I did things in.
you need to make sure the glass rodes are hot.... I use w2c and vape right away at 225C-235C, so if I'd used it around 200C - I'd give it another 10-20 seconds to run in cruise mode so the glass will definately be hot to use... good luck! give us an update soon.... ;)

passenger

is this thing on?
I have 2 Tetra P80 in rotation and use them upside down with a wpa dry and always have them on w2c. With tiny doses, I can hit it right away after the light turns green and I get instant tasty vapor: One at 215C the other at 220C. They perform very similar, so a nod to very good calibration.

gordontreeman

Has there been a definitive answer on the process to calibrate out P80's? It seems like the process is to go into a dark room, turn the resistance up until you just see the coils glow, then back off 0.001. However, I have seen several posts saying that that process is for the TetraX not P80. I don't know enough to know if this is true.

I think others mentioned it, but yeah, the factory calibrated resistance is what is on the battery door. I would try setting that to default and using warm-2-cruise mode (3 clicks, with the red side lights first). Preheating is pretty important imo. 395F is a perfectly good starting temp if you’re packing a basket screen.

gordontreeman

w2c then 395F with slow (or very slow) steady draw will work well, dunno about 380F.. very slow draw will work i guess! still out of good weed but i'll test it soon
430F-435F is my favorite, 445F for top shelf weed, on a bubbler
395F is pretty hot for a basket screen, at least on my unit at the stock resistance. I don’t need to draw slow at all. I use it with a j hook and don’t really pay any heed to how fast I’m drawing—e.g, I’m not pulling like I’m trying to suck a golf ball through a garden hose or something, but nor am I particularly trying to breath slow or anything like that.

To me one of the big strengths of the p80 after it’s heated is that you can just rip it. It handles it very well after it gets up to temp.

Top Bottom