Tetra P80

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
I don’t think so. The original envelope that was shipped in states only one item in the package.
I think that’s just how he does the customs info. I just ordered several stems, a whip, and a stand and the customs declaration had one item. Similar to you it was labeled “aromatherapy device” or something like that despite no vape being included.

Pasoa2020

Any customs from the recent drop show up in peoples hands yet and if so, would love to see some pictures!

Pasoa2020,
@Pasoa2020 Not yet. Mine is still in packaging status. Hoping it ships this week?

I’ll definitely be posting photos and videos once I get mine, but I went with a pretty basic custom configuration. It’s sonokeling rosewood.

letter never sent,
Reactions: Ripstar

PossumMD

Don't suppose anyone could give me a quick run through on best use for this? Mine arrived today, and I've just knocked off work and am about to head home and try and melt my face off. Managed to check resistance, flip the screen right way up, and put the temp to 220°C before I left for work. Is there anything else I have to do? And how do I know when the heat has soaked enough? Sorry if this seems scattered, I'm a bit excited and just wanna get home and use it!

PossumMD,

gordontreeman

Don't suppose anyone could give me a quick run through on best use for this? Mine arrived today, and I've just knocked off work and am about to head home and try and melt my face off. Managed to check resistance, flip the screen right way up, and put the temp to 220°C before I left for work. Is there anything else I have to do? And how do I know when the heat has soaked enough? Sorry if this seems scattered, I'm a bit excited and just wanna get home and use it!

I would just start with the quick start guide @ https://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/category&path=85_81

Maybe give a 30 - 60 second heat soak in cruise or use the warm up mode (3 clicks) if you want the boro tubes heated to the displayed temp. There isn’t much else you’ll need or want to dive into the menu for til you have some familiarity with the device ime!

PossumMD

I would just start with the quick start guide @ https://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/category&path=85_81

Maybe give a 30 - 60 second heat soak in cruise or use the warm up mode (3 clicks) if you want the boro tubes heated to the displayed temp. There isn’t much else you’ll need or want to dive into the menu for til you have some familiarity with the device ime!
Heh, was just coming to report on first use.

First bunch of hits were wispy - this will likely be rectified with a warm up, as mentioned. Temp stepped up to 235°C to finally get a colour abv I like. Am hella zooted at the moment, I usually microdose with my fw7 and don't really have large doses. But wow. Face melted. Did manage to go through 50% of the battery on one bowl, is that normal (using molicell p26as)? I assume temp stepping helped with that, does seem a little high though...

gordontreeman

Heh, was just coming to report on first use.

First bunch of hits were wispy - this will likely be rectified with a warm up, as mentioned. Temp stepped up to 235°C to finally get a colour abv I like. Am hella zooted at the moment, I usually microdose with my fw7 and don't really have large doses. But wow. Face melted. Did manage to go through 50% of the battery on one bowl, is that normal (using molicell p26as)? I assume temp stepping helped with that, does seem a little high though...
It really depends on how you use it (on demand vs cruise vs w2c, eco mode in cruise, temp you're using)...at home when I don't care about battery life if I'm casually using cruise with eco0 and letting things come up to temp I will slowly milk a bowl over a few hours playing games with friends and kill the better part of a battery. Going up to 235 (455F) sure seems hot enough to draw a lot of power.

PossumMD

Okay then. Sweet. I did have a good 15-20 puffs. Once I hone my technique and all that jazz I assume I'll get better life. Also, has anyone experimented with using a 14mm reducer to use 14mm stems? I dropped one in and it seems to seal on the wood? Don't have screens for the stem though so can't test it...

gordontreeman

Okay then. Sweet. I did have a good 15-20 puffs. Once I hone my technique and all that jazz I assume I'll get better life. Also, has anyone experimented with using a 14mm reducer to use 14mm stems? I dropped one in and it seems to seal on the wood? Don't have screens for the stem though so can't test it...
Yeah, that has definitely been my experience! Once it presoaks you can get clouds at much lower (& tastier!) temps as well if that is your preference. I regularly start at 360 - 365F (182 - 185C or thereabouts) and get some very large hits, particularly with the whip or tank as I find those mouthpieces to be the most effective at cooling. Enjoy and post some pics of your new toy!

PossumMD

The temp stepped hits are definitely a lot thinner after the first level, I had to turn it off (which I'll get to) and it resettled to 180°C and I still got vapour.

Also, I have a question. I put it in warm up mode, then once that finished it went to cruise, and I couldn't get out of that and back into in demand mode. I had to turn it off (which is when the temp resettled to what I assume is the default 0 state). And I just know that that's the wrong way to do things.

PossumMD,

gordontreeman

The temp stepped hits are definitely a lot thinner after the first level, I had to turn it off (which I'll get to) and it resettled to 180°C and I still got vapour.

Also, I have a question. I put it in warm up mode, then once that finished it went to cruise, and I couldn't get out of that and back into in demand mode. I had to turn it off (which is when the temp resettled to what I assume is the default 0 state). And I just know that that's the wrong way to do things.

Yeah I find that unless I go up by ~20 degrees F there isn't much vapor production after finishing at a given temp (e.g. I'll do 365 til no visible vapor and then 385, going up by 10 degrees I might feel a little something but I certainly won't see vapor). In general I do find them thinner than if you just started at a higher temp, presumably because all the compounds that boil off at the previous temps are already gone, so I think that is to be expected?

Going from warm up to on demand you can just click the fire button. In the menu you can also set "w2c" to 0 and the heater will turn off after the warm up cycle (instantly back to on demand). I keep it on 1, which is warm up to cruise (2 is warm up to temp step mode once you configure that) and just hit the fire button if I'm not wanting to cruise tho--most often if I'm warming up its to go through the whip or water where cruising and hitting the fire button when I want to finish my draw seems a bit easier to me.

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
Oh I'm definitely changing that then!
I roll a bit differently. Sorry, you'll have to do the conversions but this works great for me. It's essentially like the warm up mode, but this works best for me and I never combusted.

I set temp to 470F. If I'm filling a full mouthpiece I hold it down for about 10 seconds then inhale. For Mighty capsules in my wooden stem I hold down for 5 seconds before I inhale. As the herb starts drying out I either lower the temp or hit my p80 right away.

Enjoy

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
It really depends on how you use it (on demand vs cruise vs w2c, eco mode in cruise, temp you're using)...at home when I don't care about battery life if I'm casually using cruise with eco0 and letting things come up to temp I will slowly milk a bowl over a few hours playing games with friends and kill the better part of a battery. Going up to 235 (455F) sure seems hot enough to draw a lot of power.

How come you have eco set to zero?? I keep mine set to one, because at home I just let it cruise, so that way if I'm not hitting then it turns the wattage way down with the eco set to one, but stays warm... Saves battery life!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: dimmusp

gordontreeman

How come you have eco set to zero?? I keep mine set to one, because at home I just let it cruise, so that way if I'm not hitting then it turns the wattage way down with the eco set to one, but stays warm... Saves battery life!

Its still new enough that I'm doing a lot of experimenting. My other vapes didn't give me this precision of temp control, it was either the stock Woodscents dial or a dynavap. I've tried various friends' options but we were vaping and then getting on with something else so they didn't want to stop and geek out over it as much as me, and its mostly been various session convection units or a volcano. I wanted to get an idea of what the different effects are for me at temp x vs temp y, so I set it to 0 for now so that the temp is in theory holding consistent at that level. I know its not an exact temp measurement (though the calibration lamart does sounds like a reasonable approximation, 5mm behind the heater screen IIRC?), but the experiences relative to each temp on this device still seem worth knowing to me! Its kind of like how I know what a 6, 6.5, 7, 7.5, 8, and 8.5+ are going to highlight effects-wise on the WS dial, but with in theory temperature behind it vs those voltages.

I still use cruise pretty manually tho--e.g. I click to deactivate it to clear a draw and just turn it back on and give it a few seconds to stabilize temp when I'm taking a new hit (or a minute or two if the p80 has been sitting next to me unused for an extended period of time). If I were not using it at home with 5 batteries and a 4 slot charger nearby I would most definitely set eco to 1!

At some point I need to play more with what @acstorfer does (I guess kind of like the "overtemp on demand - on demand - true on demand vapor" workflow Ralph describes @ https://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/category&path=85_92) to get a better idea of its on demand capabilities without a warm up for on the go use cases and such. You need to exercise the appropriate level of caution and back off those high temps once the boro tubes in the heater are soaked, though! I was using through water the other day for a while at 420 (enough that it was good and heat soaked). I figured since it was through water I'd do one final hit at 450 to make sure I really killed this bowl, and a long enough rip was more than enough to start a small cherry! I actually had never combusted vaping. It seems like such a right of passage that I always just figured I had done it without realizing with another vape, but the smell was a dead giveaway!

Shit Snacks

Its still new enough that I'm doing a lot of experimenting. My other vapes didn't give me this precision of temp control, it was either the stock Woodscents dial or a dynavap. I've tried various friends' options but we were vaping and then getting on with something else so they didn't want to stop and geek out over it as much as me, and its mostly been various session convection units or a volcano. I wanted to get an idea of what the different effects are for me at temp x vs temp y, so I set it to 0 for now so that the temp is in theory holding consistent at that level. I know its not an exact temp measurement (though the calibration lamart does sounds like a reasonable approximation, 5mm behind the heater screen IIRC?), but the experiences relative to each temp on this device still seem worth knowing to me! Its kind of like how I know what a 6, 6.5, 7, 7.5, 8, and 8.5+ are going to highlight effects-wise on the WS dial, but with in theory temperature behind it vs those voltages.

I still use cruise pretty manually tho--e.g. I click to deactivate it to clear a draw and just turn it back on and give it a few seconds to stabilize temp when I'm taking a new hit (or a minute or two if the p80 has been sitting next to me unused for an extended period of time). If I were not using it at home with 5 batteries and a 4 slot charger nearby I would most definitely set eco to 1!

At some point I need to play more with what @acstorfer does (I guess kind of like the "overtemp on demand - on demand - true on demand vapor" workflow Ralph describes @ https://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/category&path=85_92) to get a better idea of its on demand capabilities without a warm up for on the go use cases and such. You need to exercise the appropriate level of caution and back off those high temps once the boro tubes in the heater are soaked, though! I was using through water the other day for a while at 420 (enough that it was good and heat soaked). I figured since it was through water I'd do one final hit at 450 to make sure I really killed this bowl, and a long enough rip was more than enough to start a small cherry! I actually had never combusted vaping. It seems like such a right of passage that I always just figured I had done it without realizing with another vape, but the smell was a dead giveaway!

Ah I see that makes sense, I mean to be fair I did learn with the original before the eco feature was even created, it really helped me need to switch batteries less frequently though, still don't want to have to keep recharging and swapping at home ideally more than I have to lol

I use cruise manually sometimes too, I still keep the eco feature on, but lately since I have new water pieces to use, I am kicking on the tetra at 435 or 445 cruising, packing a smaller basket load, then crushing it in one hit powering off cruise to clear, and you are correct you don't want to overdo it at this temperature, but it can be safe from cold on a fresh bowl like this! Only if I really overdo it on a fuller bowl till I get a little hotspot scorch in the center...

So many ways to use the TP80 :tup:

Shit Snacks,

gordontreeman

and you are correct you don't want to overdo it at this temperature, but it can be safe from cold on a fresh bowl like this! Only if I really overdo it on a fuller bowl till I get a little hotspot scorch in the center...

So many ways to use the TP80 :tup:
Yeah, I think warmup mode is how Ralph recommends killing a basket screen in a single go but he also cautions that with great power comes great responsibility :).

GoldenBud

I don't remember who exactly uploaded the video, but taking the warmup hit with fast strong draw is really effective and impressive with the tubo (tubox my case)

it is being taken before the glass gets fully hot so the ~240C~250C on the screen shows the information at the coils "only", don't take it slow because it can combust.... really a pleasure. I prefer cruise mode usually but, sometimes, for the 1 hitter desire, warmup works well

thunderstealer1337

Lol finally ppl read the manual, I've been saying rtm - read the manual it's like 2 pages, majority of the comparisons between this unit vs xyz is all wrong, majority of those posts miss like over 75% of the other tubo options.

Everyone tells others to use either on demand or cruise but the tubo offers soooo much more

PossumMD

Well, I did read the instructions. And they are fairly bare bones. Anyway, been using this on and off over the last couple of days. Mainly as my first dose of the night after work then maintain that level with the fw7. Anyway, wasn't super stoked with it. Had been doing warm up, then pulling the battery (I have no idea how to turn off cruise mode. The instructions don't say) then on demand. This time, I just let it ride in cruise mode. Holy sheeeeeeet. Way better experience. Way gentler on the battery too cos I needed far fewer puffs to clear a bowl. Amazing.

Shit Snacks

Well, I did read the instructions. And they are fairly bare bones. Anyway, been using this on and off over the last couple of days. Mainly as my first dose of the night after work then maintain that level with the fw7. Anyway, wasn't super stoked with it. Had been doing warm up, then pulling the battery (I have no idea how to turn off cruise mode. The instructions don't say) then on demand. This time, I just let it ride in cruise mode. Holy sheeeeeeet. Way better experience. Way gentler on the battery too cos I needed far fewer puffs to clear a bowl. Amazing.

All you do to exit cruise is, is tap the fire button, someone already said that, you press the screen and it exits cruise... You can also set warm up, to zero so it doesn't enter cruise, but I've never used warm up...

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: dimmusp

PossumMD

I swear I'd tried that a bunch and nothing, but now something The nature of what I was doing at the time and the size of the bowl maybe at play here... Anyway, cruise mode was for the better.

Top Bottom