Discontinued Terp Torch

Texus

The product not the thread has been discontinued. Hopefully once vape ban is lifted or more clearly specified Terp Torch can resume....

iammyself

Lost my instructions booklet, anyone know how to change the sleep settings?
The manual can be found here. Thanks for asking, I didn’t realize I could turn auto-sleep off! I guess I should’ve read the whole manual BEFORE using it. Is there any reason, other than power consumption, to have it go to sleep mode? Does leaving it on for long periods burn out the electronics or something?

Edit: So obviously I’ve been using the Terp torch tonight. I still hadn’t read the manual. It clearly states “This setting is set ON by default to preserve the lifespan of the heater core, and is recommended to only be turned off by responsible and experienced users only.” Clearly not me right now.

Last edited:
iammyself,

Morimoto

I turned sleep off back in September and the TTs been on every day all day 12-18 hours depending and some days I just pass out and it stays on. I set up a nice safe space for it lol, she ain't burning anything over there. I'm going to order some extra irons to cover me.

iammyself

I just went to use my torch, and got the S-E again. Makes me wonder if it’s something I’m doing, or the Ti balls somehow. Never dropped, and always handled with care. Time to order a replacement I guess.

iammyself,

androponic

vaped.
I just went to use my torch, and got the S-E again. Makes me wonder if it’s something I’m doing, or the Ti balls somehow. Never dropped, and always handled with care. Time to order a replacement I guess.
i got a spare atten 65w from adafruit. a google search for “atten s-e error”
finds some that it was simply a loose wire to the temp sensor. nice to have a backup anyway.

androponic,
Reactions: iammyself

iammyself

i got a spare atten 65w from adafruit. a google search for “atten s-e error”
finds some that it was simply a loose wire to the temp sensor. nice to have a backup anyway.
I’m going to order one from Adafruit as well, and open up the broken one to check the wiring and soldier joints.

iammyself,

androponic

vaped.
I’m going to order one from Adafruit as well, and open it up to check the wiring and soldier joints.
just know that the presets are different and cannot be edited like the TT one. but you can also use the + and - and set any temp but it doesnt save it. apparently they got a special firmware loaded so that would require swapping the pc board i bet. sleep can still be disabled on the atten stock

androponic,
Reactions: iammyself

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
The manual can be found here. Thanks for asking, I didn’t realize I could turn auto-sleep off! I guess I should’ve read the whole manual BEFORE using it. Is there any reason, other than power consumption, to have it go to sleep mode? Does leaving it on for long periods burn out the electronics or something?

Edit: So obviously I’ve been using the Terp torch tonight. I still hadn’t read the manual. It clearly states “This setting is set ON by default to preserve the lifespan of the heater core, and is recommended to only be turned off by responsible and experienced users only.” Clearly not me right now.
It came with a manual? Haha I’m glad I didn’t read it and turn it off because I do have experience but that does not make me responsible. I would have definitely left on over nights

Morimoto

@The Chemist Yoyo, was wondering if you ever tried the herborizer bowl with the TT, if so how was it? on a deep expedition looking at options for bowls, I've been using the stock bowl since september, still lovin it but want a back-up for big doses & big loads.

...and I bought a v2 TT bowl from Theherbcafe, they're only a few hours drive from me here in Canukastan, I've been having bad juju feelings about breaking the stock v1 bowl /knockonwood

It was 49.99 Canadian, but that's typical of things here in canada, the v2 bowl was 34.99 from TerpTech so 49.99 here in Canada isn't that bad.

now to buy a few atten 2065D, adafruit or aliexpress, need to sleep on that one.

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
@The Chemist Yoyo, was wondering if you ever tried the herborizer bowl with the TT, if so how was it? on a deep expedition looking at options for bowls, I've been using the stock bowl since september, still lovin it but want a back-up for big doses & big loads.

...and I bought a v2 TT bowl from Theherbcafe, they're only a few hours drive from me here in Canukastan, I've been having bad juju feelings about breaking the stock v1 bowl /knockonwood

It was 49.99 Canadian, but that's typical of things here in canada, the v2 bowl was 34.99 from TerpTech so 49.99 here in Canada isn't that bad.

now to buy a few atten 2065D, adafruit or aliexpress, need to sleep on that one.
The Herborizer bowl works with the Terp Torch, the only thing is the Torch will be a little difficult to rotate because of the ground glass connection on the Herbo bowl.

Another option for a bowl is the Elev8tR bowl, there's no handle but there's also no ground glass so the Ti tip will rotate like it does with the v2 TT bowl. They sell 34.99 at vapenorth, they call them the water pipe adapter. The photos on the site show them with ground glass but those are the old model, if you order from them maybe ask them before what kind of glass connection they have.

I get your fear of break something and not having a back up, I ordered two Atten 2065D just to make sure and I have enough bowls to make it work one way or the other so the Terp Torch should stay in service for a long time.

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
The Herborizer bowl works with the Terp Torch, the only thing is the Torch will be a little difficult to rotate because of the ground glass connection on the Herbo bowl.

Another option for a bowl is the Elev8tR bowl, there's no handle but there's also no ground glass so the Ti tip will rotate like it does with the v2 TT bowl. They sell 34.99 at vapenorth, they call them the water pipe adapter. The photos on the site show them with ground glass but those are the old model, if you order from them maybe ask them before what kind of glass connection they have.

I get your fear of break something and not having a back up, I ordered two Atten 2065D just to make sure and I have enough bowls to make it work one way or the other so the Terp Torch should stay in service for a long time.
For me, the best bowl has been the elev8r bowl + your microdose mod if necessary, although I tried putting the basket on the otherside for true nanodosing but I just could not get vapor. Shame.

I wish there was a way to keep the elev8r bowl from spinning on my large setup. On my 14mm rig, a keck clip works fine, but my 18mm rig (:love:) needs an 18-14mm adapter for the elev8r bowl which is too big for the clip.

I don't have an issue with bud getting in my piece. I do have an issue with screens being clogged AF constantly.

iammyself

For me, the best bowl has been the elev8r bowl + your microdose mod if necessary, although I tried putting the basket on the otherside for true nanodosing but I just could not get vapor. Shame.

I wish there was a way to keep the elev8r bowl from spinning on my large setup. On my 14mm rig, a keck clip works fine, but my 18mm rig (:love:) needs an 18-14mm adapter for the elev8r bowl which is too big for the clip.

I don't have an issue with bud getting in my piece. I do have an issue with screens being clogged AF constantly.
I got this 18mm to 14mm adapter to use the keck clips with my 18mm water piece. It works great, with the added benefit of working like an ash catcher to keep the piece clean.

Morimoto

Thanks for the reply @The Chemist I have been circling the elev8r bowl on vapenorth for a few weeks, that will for sure be the next purchase, with the V2 bowl I just ordered and an elev8r i'll have 3 legit bowls and 3 irons with titanium balls, hopefully that all lasts till 2025, then I'll be ready for whatever the next evolution in vaping is :sherlock:

iammyself

I emailed Brian, who had mentioned when he replaced my first iron that he had more available for purchase should I need them. I asked about buying a replacement torch, as well as a 2021 updated bowl. He sent me an invoice of $39.99 for the iron, $34.99 for the bowl, and $8.65 shipping for a total of $83.63. I'll use the ATTEN I have coming from Adafruit as a soldering iron until it's needed for service.

iammyself,

SixStringToker

Naked member
just know that the presets are different and cannot be edited like the TT one. but you can also use the + and - and set any temp but it doesnt save it. apparently they got a special firmware loaded so that would require swapping the pc board i bet. sleep can still be disabled on the atten stock
My spare irons from Adafruit let me reprogram and save the preset temps. The 85 watter that I got via Amazon does, as well.

Looking to buy an elav8 glass piece to use with my terp torch and I was wondering if people have had success with the GLASS screen version of the Elev8R Watertool Attachment by 7th Floor. Should I just stick with the insert your own ss screen version?

What is the difference between the ss screen water attachment and the 19mm Female to 14mm Male Glass Adapter by Elev8 Glass?

thegreenmenace,

androponic

vaped.
Looking to buy an elav8 glass piece to use with my terp torch and I was wondering if people have had success with the GLASS screen version of the Elev8R Watertool Attachment by 7th Floor. Should I just stick with the insert your own ss screen version?

What is the difference between the ss screen water attachment and the 19mm Female to 14mm Male Glass Adapter by Elev8 Glass?
I love the elev8 bowl, and i was surprised to see that they are no longer ground in the female joint so much smoother to rotate and not scuff up or jam on the TT tip. the glass screen one lets a lot of trash through if you grind fine. you can put a screen on top of the glass screen but then you might as well get the steel screen version since its no longer an all glass airpath and maintenance is easier since you can swap or clean the screens and have lots on hand. the second one you linked is just an adapter like any other, no place for a screen to sit nicely. it can be made to work but so can any other out there way cheaper but the screen will bow where you press it in and let a whole lot of crap in and gets messy.

Top Bottom