• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Temp controlled battery for CCell carts

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I like my Uni Pro. It's not super stealthy for something like a movie theater, but for daily out and about it's fantastic. I've used it for months and think I've charged it one time maybe twice.

Wow. That's one helluva battery. Mine's only lasted 5-6 days (which I thought was great, btw), only using during the day when out and about.
That gets me through about 90% of a 1-gram cartridge per battery charge.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I like my Uni Pro. It's not super stealthy for something like a movie theater, but for daily out and about it's fantastic. I've used it for months and think I've charged it one time maybe twice.

I just got a Yocan Mini (edited, thanks @Madtater)UNI Pro Plus, wasn't sure what the Plus means (more$!) but figured it must be better somehow....

Whatever, hey I love this thing. Fully adjustable temps (volts), bright basic screen. Accepts wider carts with dia. adjustment and even a height adjuster.
Still compact

I didn't even look at the battery capacity spec., but it has a puff count and battery guage, I'm on the original first charge-up, at 120 puffs and the batt still read 3 of 4 bars...

The ever annoying 5 click to power on/off, but that's a minor inconvenience in light of the other features, imo.

I'm finally enjoying low temp, tasty live rosin hits. Been looking towards this for over a year, finally coming together for me!

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I use the carts for convenience. I still haven't taken to them completely. Whether I lower the voltage or use live resin or disty, there is always a burn sensation that hits me in the back of the throat. I have to keep some water handy to flush away that hot feeling after almost every hit.

BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: Shit Snacks

Madtater

I just got a Yocan Mini Pro Plus, wasn't sure what the Plus means (more$!) but figured it must be better somehow....

Whatever, hey I love this thing. Fully adjustable temps (volts), bright basic screen. Accepts wider carts with dia. adjustment and even a height adjuster.
Still compact

I didn't even look at the battery capacity spec., but it has a puff count and battery guage, I'm on the original first charge-up, at 120 puffs and the batt still read 3 of 4 bars...

The ever annoying 5 click to power on/off, but that's a minor inconvenience in light of the other features, imo.

I'm finally enjoying low temp, tasty live rosin hits. Been looking towards this for over a year, finally coming together for me!
Are you talking about the Uni pro plus?

I tried to find something named “mini” but was unsuccessful. Just wanted to see what the battery looked like.

I use the carts for convenience. I still haven't taken to them completely. Whether I lower the voltage or use live resin or disty, there is always a burn sensation that hits me in the back of the throat. I have to keep some water handy to flush away that hot feeling after almost every hit.
You may want to try drawing into your mouth before you inhale rather than just inhaling. I have noticed i can take hotter hits that way without irritation, but low voltage hits i can still inhale directly.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Are you talking about the Uni pro plus?
Yeah, sorry about that!

@BabyFacedFinster, distillate carts that use solvents (almost all are solvent-dissolved) easily make me cough
Even live resin is usually produced using solvents. All of those must re-introduce terpenes for flavor, some will say cannabis terpenes only, but nevertheless, they are re-introduced after the distillation.

Rosin is pretty much only flower, relatively recently able to be put into carts and I finally got a hold of some carts from Massachusetts recently.
They even say to vape them at low temps, I'm using 2.0 volts, where most single temp batteries are about double that. @Shit Snacks is the one who enlightened me to lower temp cart use, and @florduh stuck with me til I understood the rosin part. Thanks to both of you guys!

Last edited:

Madtater

Yeah, sorry about that!
No worries. I too am looking for that “perfect” 510 battery.

I am right on the fence of ordering one of the mist ccells….but i have like 8 batteries already and kinda don’t want another one.

I just got this one for free when i purchased a couple robe carts a couple weeks ago

https://rovebrand.com/products/rove-pro-designer-battery

It is pretty nice. Solid like a zippo, but much smaller…..i am getting closer. The rove would be it if it had one more temp setting lower than 2.8v like a 2.4 setting.

Madtater,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
The rove would be it if it had one more temp setting lower than 2.8v like a 2.4 setting.
I added to mine above you here. Yes to the lower temp option! Even lower than 2.4 is nice to have.

Also, more carts are coming wider now (all glass) so look to something that says it handles those.

vapviking,
Reactions: Madtater

Madtater

I added to mine above you here. Yes to the lower temp option! Even lower than 2.4 is nice to have.

Also, more carts are coming wider now (all glass) so look to something that says it handles those.
My uncle just got me a refillable all glass cart by O2. Love the cart feel and draws, but that thing doesnt fit in ANY of my batteries that i have. So i went to two places yesterday and couldnt find anything but a stick battery that would work.

That was the reason i asked about the mini, because i tried it in 3 different yocan batteries (including the uni) and none of them fit. Was wondering if i missed a version.

I ended up just buying a cheap stick for that cart. I probably will stick to pre-filled carts rather than just filling them myself with syringes….unless i find a cart i really like that i can reuse. I REALLY like the Rove premier carts….but i dont think they are reusable.

The search continues!

Madtater,
Reactions: vapviking

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I'm a fucking dunce.
I saw this thread for the first time today, it was on a new page, I assumed it was Page 1 and jumped right in as-if I knew something. Ha!

Thanks, Rusty, for inadvertently straightening me out.
I see I have some back reading to do.

Madtater

Check my post #297

How are they? The price is pretty good. I dont forsee myself filling carts often because i like a variety of different strains and tastes.

Honestly, filling carts seems like an incredible pain in the ass unless someone is making their own rosin/oil/hash to put in there. I would be just buying prefilled syringes most likely. And only saving $10 or so to fill my own instead of grabbing a prefilled cart isn’t a big deal to me.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
How are they? The price is pretty good. I dont forsee myself filling carts often because i like a variety of different strains and tastes.

Honestly, filling carts seems like an incredible pain in the ass unless someone is making their own rosin/oil/hash to put in there. I would be just buying prefilled syringes most likely. And only saving $10 or so to fill my own instead of grabbing a prefilled cart isn’t a big deal to me.

Well, if you buy pre-filled carts, you are stuck with whatever “cart” someone else decided to use, and in many cases they are most likely the cheapest. I like having the choice of looking at safety sheets to see if the carts have been tested, (heavy metals etc.)

My sources for both pre-filled and syringes change can every order, and while I do both types, I prefer the syringe style, then I can use the empty carts I buy separately. I usually can refill them up to 3 times, before I toss them. If you warm up both the cart and syringe on a low temperature coffee cup warmer (some use hot water), filling is easy, just cap them quickly after filling. I’ve had no issues with the SPRK CARTS. Good luck!

Madtater

Well, if you buy pre-filled carts, you are stuck with whatever “cart” someone else decided to use, and in many cases they are most likely the cheapest. I like having the choice of looking at safety sheets to see if the carts have been tested, (heavy metals etc.)

My sources for both pre-filled and syringes change can every order, and while I do both types, I prefer the syringe style, then I can use the empty carts I buy separately. I usually can refill them up to 3 times, before I toss them. If you warm up both the cart and syringe on a low temperature coffee cup warmer (some use hot water), filling is easy, just cap them quickly after filling. I’ve had no issues with the SPRK CARTS. Good luck!
Thx for the feedback.

You made good points. I will probably pick up a couple to try. I am 100% sure the all ceramic tastes much better

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.

I've only tried it twice, but I did buy the SPRK carts based on recommendations. It worked just fine, although it was a bitch to squeeze the oil out of the syringe. I only used hot tap water so maybe not hot enough or long enough. My issue is the only syringe-type here is pure disty, which is nice in that it barely has an odor, but it also barely has a taste. I've used it for bedside vaping so the smell doesn't waft into other rooms. I'm not into adding shit to disty.

It's funny, my area is rich in cannabis options, but in terms of carts it's basically live resin or kiddie flavored distillate. If I traveled, I could get a hash rosin cart but they're spendy. I noticed one place offering both live resin and cured resin carts. Might try them next. I also noticed that the fancier carts are usually all ceramic.

I am enjoying my kodo pro very much. It is a tiny little bugger and in the soothing blue color. Rips just as hard as the uni pro. If I had any bitch, it would be that it topples over easily if you try to stand it on end. I have knocked it off my bedside table more than once and had to go on safari in the dark. The uni is a bit sturdier in that regard. It would be nice if the cart slide down into the body. Holy shit, would that be a tiny footprint if they could do that.

BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: Ramahs

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...

vapviking

Old & In the Way
That was the reason i asked about the mini, because i tried it in 3 different yocan batteries (including the uni) and none of them fit. Was wondering if i missed a version.
Touching back on this, I see that Kudo Pro has incremental voltage, straight-on connection to 510, so it might work for you?

vapviking,
Reactions: Madtater

Madtater

Touching back on this, I see that Kudo Pro has incremental voltage, straight-on connection to 510, so it might work for you?
I have see that one. I am looking for something a bit smaller. Like in my pocket and cant feel it smaller.

I ordered the Mist yesterday to give it a try from element vape. I also ordered 2 of each 1g/.5g that were recommended by @RustyOldNail . They were so cheap i couldnt resist.

At this point, i have so many 510 batteries, i can literally have one for every cart i have currently.

I have my favorites though. I really like the feel of the exxus VV and the rove pro. If i could get a battery that has the footprint of the rove, the feel of the exxus VV and the voltage options that the kudo pro/uni pro…THAT would be the one i would use all the time.

Probably have a better chance of finding a unicorn though😂

Madtater,
Reactions: Ramahs

Madtater

Mist got here. I dont think i have seen a smaller battery.

The 2.4v is really nice. I can see why lower volta is nice. Very tasty.

I am digging the mist.

The ONLY complaint i have is, i would have rather paid a bit more money for it if they made it out of aluminum or aomething metal. The plastic feels cheap. Glad it wasnt too expensive.

biohacker

Anyone know of a variable voltage battery that does auto draw but doesn't use a magnetic adapter?

Or an autodraw battery that uses a magnetic adapter that goes down to 2v?

biohacker,

ChooChooCharlie

A Kodo Pro D'oh !!!
(the wind blows)
walked a bit for a less breezy photo shoot:

Yocan-Kodo-Pro-Lightweight.jpg

Like the 1.8v, and the light weight, not thrilled with the height though
This rosin cart is from Woodstock Heritage Strains, a hybrid called Grandi Guava

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
I was looking into the Tribal Uni Ark, which is a rebrand of the Yocan Uni Pro 2.0. It has the same metal housing, 1.8v low end and USB-C charging, but also includes two extra magnetic adapters. Unfortunately I couldn't find a retailer in the US.

Anyone bought Tribal Uni Ark and can recommend at good source?

Photonic,
Top Bottom