Temp controlled battery for CCell carts

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
The magnet on my Uni pro plus snaps into place with gusto. Very little chance of moving around, especially when also held in place with that top sphincter diaphragm thingy. It works great but only goes down to 2v.

My new kodo pro goes down to 1.8v and is just so damn cute in blue. Vapes the same and wish the cart didn't stick out the top, but it's what I use right now.

The other thing is the uni pro plus has a wider base and is stable to set down. The teenie weenie kodo has a tendency to tip over when setting it down.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
The magnet on my Uni pro plus snaps into place with gusto. Very little chance of moving around, especially when also held in place with that top sphincter diaphragm thingy. It works great but only goes down to 2v.

My new kodo pro goes down to 1.8v and is just so damn cute in blue. Vapes the same and wish the cart didn't stick out the top, but it's what I use right now.

The other thing is the uni pro plus has a wider base and is stable to set down. The teenie weenie kodo has a tendency to tip over when setting it down.
I was debating the Uni Pro Plus but the higher price and the fact that I'll only be using carts sparingly led me to get the Kodo instead. If my cart usage goes up I'll jump up to the Uni Pro Plus.

Monk Debate,

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
This doesn't look to be too much bigger than the Kodo Pro but a lot more robust:
Anyone have one or both?

Edit:

Dug up the dimensions:

Eleaf: 54mm x 32.8mm x 21.5mm
Yocan: 53mm x 20mm x 17.5mm

So almost twice as wide but otherwise similar in size with way more power and control and a better build at about twice the price...? I might grab one.

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
This doesn't look to be too much bigger than the Kodo Pro but a lot more robust:
Anyone have one or both?

Edit:

Dug up the dimensions:

Eleaf: 54mm x 32.8mm x 21.5mm
Yocan: 53mm x 20mm x 17.5mm

So almost twice as wide but otherwise similar in size with way more power and control and a better build at about twice the price...? I might grab one.

Will most likely be a bit heavier.
Watching the video on the page you linked, at the very beginning, it looks like there are NO cutouts in the female 510 threads for airflow, as many carts are bottom and side “airflow”, a common complaint from years ago, with ECig atomizers.
Watts are in .5 adjustments, don’t see what steps are used in voltage mode.
I have a lot of still usable old ECig tiny mods, but prefer the new ones designed for carts.
Cheap enough to try I guess….

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
My Uni pro plus works great but only goes down to 2v.
@Shit Snacks had a good hack for the Uni Pro. Double clicking the fire button triggers a 10-sec 1.8V preheat. It’s the only way I use mine.

(Careful in windy spots if you don’t go the full 10 secs— the pressure drop will draw vapor if you don’t plug the mouthpiece.)

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Will most likely be a bit heavier.
Watching the video on the page you linked, at the very beginning, it looks like there are NO cutouts in the female 510 threads for airflow, as many carts are bottom and side “airflow”, a common complaint from years ago, with ECig atomizers.
Watts are in .5 adjustments, don’t see what steps are used in voltage mode.
I have a lot of still usable old ECig tiny mods, but prefer the new ones designed for carts.
Cheap enough to try I guess….
Yeah, I assume the battery is much bigger.

Very good catch if that's the case..! You'd probably have to use an adapter of some sort to get airflow which blows...

Why can't anyone get this right..? It's been years now and there isn't even one 510 cart battery available that checks all the major boxes, as far as I'm concerned. Super annoying. It's almost like all these manufacturers are doing it on purpose just to annoy, cuz it's really not asking for anything more than what's already available in one form or another... Give me the resources and I could easily make a best in class device, I have no doubt.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Haha yeah there is always a trade-off, much like everything else, but these are so simple they really shouldn't have to so true...

I still rely on the uni s twist actually though it is pretty heavy so not a good pocket carry really, I like the tactile twist for the settings and it goes low with a good size form factor for me.. I like how the pro is so lightweight, but it's maybe too lightweight and too big and bulky, so I often use the Kodo (or Wit) instead for simplicity, I should get a Kodo pro I just cannot justify paying for yocan as the rest are all free to me lol

@Shit Snacks had a good hack for the Uni Pro. Double clicking the fire button triggers a 10-sec 1.8V preheat. It’s the only way I use mine.

(Careful in windy spots if you don’t go the full 10 secs— the pressure drop will draw vapor if you don’t plug the mouthpiece.)

Yeah most of them do have this feature fortunately so I rely on it a lot! More fun than autodraw too more control in my experience

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Bologna

EarthworldTim

Hmmm I disliked the 10sec preheat feature on my 2v uni because it would get too hot and burn the cart, could hear it sizzle fairly loud so I stopped using it after a couple times. Maybe mine has an issue with that feature though.

EarthworldTim,

Shit Snacks

Hmmm I disliked the 10sec preheat feature on my 2v uni because it would get too hot and burn the cart, could hear it sizzle fairly loud so I stopped using it after a couple times. Maybe mine has an issue with that feature though.

Would it be any different from holding the button down for 10 seconds though? Also you can turn off the preheat early, tap it twice again or maybe once, hard to remember exactly for each one lol

EarthworldTim

Would it be any different from holding the button down for 10 seconds though? Also you can turn off the preheat early, tap it twice again or maybe once, hard to remember exactly for each one lol
Right, it was puzzling but at the time I believe my assumption was that air flow was needed to avoid that sizzle. No idea if that's true, I haven't used the uni for quite some time.

EarthworldTim,

Shit Snacks

Right, it was puzzling but at the time I believe my assumption was that air flow was needed to avoid that sizzle. No idea if that's true, I haven't used the uni for quite some time.

Oh haha Yes we are talking about using the preheat feature as an auto fire, not a preheat, don't press it and then not hit it, activate it and then immediately start inhaling, and do so for the entire 10 seconds to fully clear, or shut it off early... I never use it as an actual preheat feature, I would never activate the heat on a cartridge without inhaling? Waste

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Haha yeah there is always a trade-off, much like everything else, but these are so simple they really shouldn't have to so true...
Yeah, I understand there's often trade offs especially if you're going for stealth or some other special use... I'm not, I'm talking major, relatively basic boxes here. General use stuff. Nothing too complex, innovative or specialized needed at all. And not one exists. Some come close...

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Yeah, I understand there's often trade offs especially if you're going for stealth or some other special use... I'm not, I'm talking major, relatively basic boxes here. General use stuff. Nothing too complex, innovative or specialized needed at all. And not one exists. Some come close...

Totally, I was so shocked by the new vivant cart battery because they didn't listen to our feedback on the first one at all lol from an herbal vape company! mine just collect dust

Shit Snacks,

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
What would the characteristics and features be of your ideal cart mod?

Monk Debate,

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
What would the characteristics and features be of your ideal cart mod?
Here's a few of the big ones:

510 connection with bottom airflow cutouts designed for carts, of course... preferably down low on one side or in the middle of the device in relation to the height of the cart. Adjustable collar up top for support if needed to accept up to say 14mm wide carts.

Button activated (optional draw activation as well would be nice)

Fully incrementally adjustable voltage or wattage control (or both, temp would be cool, too) throughout the range... say, 1-20 watts in .10 increments?

OLED display that has all the usual controls/goodies

Option to use magnetic ring connectors

USB-C (duh)

All designed around the smallest battery required to power for a full day of relatively heavy use...!

:science: :smug:

Edit: add: optional phone app connectivity and removable battery and/or cordless charging if you want "ideal"... ;)
What did I miss...? Lanyard ring?

Produce one in a nice case and keep it under $100 and you would make bank. I guarantee.

Last edited:

EarthworldTim

Oh haha Yes we are talking about using the preheat feature as an auto fire, not a preheat, don't press it and then not hit it, activate it and then immediately start inhaling, and do so for the entire 10 seconds to fully clear, or shut it off early... I never use it as an actual preheat feature, I would never activate the heat on a cartridge without inhaling? Waste
Yeah I guess I don't see that auto fire/preheat as any kind of meaningful feature since holding the button gives me full control and I don't have to count that way. I actually found it annoying because usually it would get activated by mistake.

EarthworldTim,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Yeah I guess I don't see that auto fire/preheat as any kind of meaningful feature since holding the button gives me full control and I don't have to count that way. I actually found it annoying because usually it would get activated by mistake.

On some of these devices, the preheat gives you a slightly LOWER voltage, then just the manual button. If I haven’t hit a cart in a day, or even many hours, I ALWAYS make my 1st hit, on the 10 second preheat, this gets the thick oil going, and the low voltage isn’t a big SHOCK to the tiny internals, whether coil or ceramic. I’ve had carts blow if my first hit on a cold cart was on too high a voltage….

Shit Snacks

Yeah, not sure if you missed the point, but as Rusty explained, the topic of using the preheat literally came up now in regards to being able to use lower 1.8v voltage setting this way... That is the biggest benefit and why we were talking about it again... Until I discovered this benefit I also found it to be more of an inconvenient annoyance though now I rely on it extensively... Furthermore I think if you know you are going to inhale for 10+ seconds, it is nice to not have to hold a button down, less strain for the hands and fingers in my experience... Similar to the pure convection on demand devices that have a session cruise feature which I use like an autofire as well (longer hits though)

EarthworldTim

Yeah, not sure if you missed the point, but as Rusty explained, the topic of using the preheat literally came up now in regards to being able to use lower 1.8v voltage setting this way... That is the biggest benefit and why we were talking about it again... Until I discovered this benefit I also found it to be more of an inconvenient annoyance though now I rely on it extensively... Furthermore I think if you know you are going to inhale for 10+ seconds, it is nice to not have to hold a button down, less strain for the hands and fingers in my experience... Similar to the pure convection on demand devices that have a session cruise feature which I use like an autofire as well (longer hits though)
I just find it more of a nuisance than a beneficial feature, that's all.

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
If you have the Uni Pro 2.0 that goes down to 1.8v, would the preheat "hack" be necessary? Does anyone know if the 2.0s preheat is also 1.8v?

Photonic,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
If you have the Uni Pro 2.0 that goes down to 1.8v, would the preheat "hack" be necessary? Does anyone know if the 2.0s preheat is also 1.8v?
I have Uni Pro Plus (I think it is like a 2.0?). The low temp is 1.8v, and the preheat is also 1.8v. I don't see it as a hack, it functions with a double click on, double click off (or it times off in 8 sec.). Yes, you can draw during that time, I don't find it necessary, it will still "warm up".
The beginning of a hit of a low temp mod is not strong at all -- at first -- so I, too like to to give it preheat before first hit, especially if the cart has been idle for a while.

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
Thanks. I just ordered a Tribal Uni Pro Ark from a site in Canada (shipped to US). The total including shipping was $34.95.

I think it will fit my needs nicely. It's just a branded Yocan Uni Pro 2.0 with 3 magnetic adapters instead of one. I only occasionally use carts, but will appreciate the lower voltage options, large battery and durable construction.

This thread has been helpful to me, so thanks everyone. :tup:

Shit Snacks

Yeah it's not exactly a hack, use it if you don't want to hold the button down for your hit, I wish it was even lower than 1.8 then but what can you do lol if the lowest setting is 1.8 then the preheat would not be higher

so I, too like to to give it preheat before first hit, especially if the cart has been idle for a while.

You said "too" but from my perspective you're the only one who has said they use that preheat feature as an actual preheat??

Shit Snacks,

Madtater

I usually use the preheat if the cart has been sitting unused for more than a few hours.

But I usually stop it early.

Top Bottom