Temp controlled battery for CCell carts

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
It seems like a bunch of these new designs have the cartridge sitting on top of the battery, like with the Tik20 and the kodo pro comapred to the uni pro where the cart inserts into the unit. It doesn't seem as stealthy with the cart right on top.
Did they start going this route because not all carts were fitting inside the batteries?

BabyFacedFinster,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
It seems like a bunch of these new designs have the cartridge sitting on top of the battery, like with the Tik20 and the kodo pro comapred to the uni pro where the cart inserts into the unit. It doesn't seem as stealthy with the cart right on top.
Did they start going this route because not all carts were fitting inside the batteries?

No they always did both, obviously using the magnet on the side inside the unit is a newer innovation, but they still design the old styles

biohacker

PKCT TWO (5 Presets - Watts):
*WATTS=VOLTS

2.43=1.9
2.73=2.02
3.09=2.15
3.54=2.3
3.84=2.4

The PCKT 2 manual states the voltages incorrectly as wattages.

Source:
I just spoke to the inventor of the PCKT 2 (and newer PRTBL Nando) and both are actually in VOLTS, not watts.

I'm out for both as I don't even use 2.4v on my highest temp, let alone the lowest. Back to the trusty Kodo Pro!

biohacker,

mephisto

Have you tried the Vessel my brother? I know you are a low volt/temp guy and I dig the Kodo. The Vessel is nice in pocket and the lowest (green) setting does real nice on my dispo disty carts......

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I just spoke to the inventor of the PCKT 2 (and newer PRTBL Nando) and both are actually in VOLTS, not watts.

Since there is no screen on the PCKT-2, my chart is accurate regardless of how they list the temp scale.
The Koda Pro has the largest temp range, but the carts do sit tall in the 510 top thread.
There are times I desire the auto-draw feature of the PCKT-2, and the low temp end is almost identical to the 1.8 volts of the Koda Pro, never use the really high temps on any of my cart mods. Of course you do have to use the magnetic adapters, but they are the only ones I’ve used, that allow you to reset the adapters 510 pin! They cost more as well, but well made and I’ve only had great customer support.

Shit Snacks

Any auto draw feature is a non-starter for me...

Have you tried the Vessel my brother? I know you are a low volt/temp guy and I dig the Kodo. The Vessel is nice in pocket and the lowest (green) setting does real nice on my dispo disty carts......

This one?

There are other pens just seem to be the basic thing, but they all start with 2.4v as the lowest setting as well... Don't have a preheat either...?

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: biohacker

biohacker

I haven't, but only because from what i've seen the lowest setting is 2.4v. I just hit 2.4v on my kodo pro, and it's way too hot for a liquid live cart. I can see how it great for a disty cart though! Also I thought my 400mah kodo pro was just barely enough for my needs (since I find performance deteriorates after about 50% battery), so the 260mah vessel just wouldn't cut it.

Since there is no screen on the PCKT-2, my chart is accurate regardless of how they list the temp scale.

I think you may missed the point here, as I am not doubting the conversion chart. I'm just saying what the inventor told me, that the manual is in error as watts, and should be volts.

the low temp end is almost identical to the 1.8 volts of the Koda Pro

Can anyone else confirm? @Easywider ? Because that would mean not only that the PCKT2 manual is incorrect in watts, but also completely incorrect because no way should 2.4v feel like 1.8v lol

I just want another opinion or two before I start asking the inventor more questions.

Last edited:
biohacker,

RustyOldNail

Can anyone else confirm? Because that would mean not only that the PCKT2 manual is incorrect in watts, but also completely incorrect because no way should 2.4v feel like 1.8v

I did misunderstand your watt/volt statement. First, I use both prefilled carts from various suppliers, and then load empty carts from syringes, various suppliers. So I do find some oils require different temperatures, but never to far out of my preferences for the lower end.

Perhaps the PKCT developer misunderstood, or should recalibrate his devices, because any oil I’ve ever used, would seldom require the #5 setting, and the #1 setting of 2.43, if VOLTS, would be way too high. I use the #1, and #2 setting when I first warm up a cart. Number #3, #4, is the usual sweet spot. The temperature range of the 5 presets has not let me down in either direction, some CCell carts near the end of the oil, do require the highest setting.

So I can’t understand the disparity, though the PKCT online manual has been the same for almost two years, you should have asked why he hasn’t updated it from what would be a HUGE error.

RustyOldNail,

biohacker

o I can’t understand the disparity, though the PKCT online manual has been the same for almost two years, you should have asked why he hasn’t updated it from what would be a HUGE error.

There is a bit of a history, and I don't think he has anything to do with the PCKT2 anymore, he left the company to design the PRTBL NANDO. He told me he doesn't know why the PCKT2 manual hasn't been corrected/updated.

Now I kinda want a Nano, and can always pulse if it's too hot for my tastes. I'm not too thrilled about the button location for either, but the auto draw makes that irrelevant anyway and i'd only likely use the button if I were to experience a clog, which is practically never.

I wish they would make them as screw in and no magnetic.

The PRTBL guy did say that a lower voltage option could happen down the road..

RustyOldNail

Now I kinda want a Nano, and can always pulse if it's too hot for my tastes. I'm not too thrilled about the button location for either, but the auto draw makes that irrelevant anyway and i'd only likely use the button if I were to experience a clog, which is practically never.

Are you referring to the Hippie NANO?

RustyOldNail,

biohacker

Are you referring to the Hippie NANO?

My bad, I forgot the D in NANDO! :D

Madtater

I have these 2

I use the VV regularly and the snap for my 1g carts.

The low setting is a bit high (giggity), but i honestly use it on the mid settings. I find that a medium voltage is a nice balance of flavor and hit. I havent really noticed a difference between strain oils as far as flavor or vapor quality.

I honestly love both of these. Push to draw and a preheat as well. I literally just found out both of these had a pre-heat last week. It makes the hits so much better. Both of these are built like tanks. They’re solid metal. The snap is much smaller than the VV, but the VV is thinner and taller. I can’t feel either in my pocket to be honest with you. And the battery on both lasts forever.

I have a pax era pro as well. I dont use it that often. I dont really like the instant draw batteries. I also dont like how cheap it feels. The battery is pretty good, although not as good as the exxus stuff i have. I do however love the expert temp settings in the app for it. It tells you what temps are good for flavor, medicating and max vapor. It does run much hotter temp (voltage) wise than most of these i have tried. I have a few different strains for it, but i honestly only use it right before bed for my sleeping dose of GMO.

The exxus cells have the mag collars. The snap collars are much smaller than the VV collars. But it doesnt matter to me that much as i can readily get them at my local shop for peanuts and have many extras on all my carts so i can flip flop without unscrewing one to put it on another. I wish they didnt have the collars….but i dont think there is one cell out there that checks every box for everyone. If there is….i wish someone would tell me.

I was not a fan of the youcan stuff….although i do like the voltage readout screen. I didnt like how they felt in my hand, how cheaply made they felt, and honestly how big some of them were.

I also have a tpen-go i grabbed from a local dispensary. Dont really use that one for anything other than carts from that dispensary because they put this cheesy plastic collar around the glass with their store logo on it. Those carts will not fit i to the exxus ones i have as the opening is too narrow to accommodate that plastic ring they’re using to spice up the cart…..but i only have one cart from them so it isnt a big deal. Anyway, that cell is plastic and kinda big. Not a fan, but it hits well and works well with those specific carts…..havent used it in a while though. The tpen-go also has those mag collars, but i believe i can only get them at this specific dispensary or from the company themselves. It came with 2, and j am only using one so NBD. I dont foresee myself using the tpen-go much if at all in the future….good thing they gave it to me for free.

Madtater,

getsoutalive

My bad, I forgot the D in NANDO! :D

My Nando arrived yesterday, thanks for the heads up. Nice little device. Low power is plenty strong. Showed up fully charged, so can't speak to how long it takes. Company claims up to two full 1ml carts on a charge, so can't speak to battery life yet either. But so far, so good.

getsoutalive,

biohacker

Low power is plenty strong

What do you mean? My biggest complaint is that the lowest voltage is 2.4v which is a bit too high for low IMO. However, people that own it are saying that the lowest voltage (2.4v) hits the same or even lighter than a Yocan Kodo Pro at 1.8v so i'm not sure what to believe anymore lol.

biohacker,

getsoutalive

What do you mean? My biggest complaint is that the lowest voltage is 2.4v which is a bit too high for low IMO. However, people that own it are saying that the lowest voltage (2.4v) hits the same or even lighter than a Yocan Kodo Pro at 1.8v so i'm not sure what to believe anymore lol.
Sorry, should have worded that better. I find flavors at lowest power to be very good and no hint of scorching the oil yet, but I see no reason to go above the lowest power setting with the ccell cart or the Nando cart that came with the device.

BabyFacedFinster

I got a kodo pro on 420 from lightersusa for $14. What a great little battery. I had no idea it was that small. With the low 1.8v setting and preheat feature to clear up clogs, it is a keeper. Move over, uni pro.

BabyFacedFinster,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I recently (a couple weeks ago) picked up a Uni Pro because, though I'm not. big fan of cartridges, they do win out in convenience, especially with the distillate carts when you want to be discrete (like when out and about and active during the workday), since they don't produce much odor.

I really didn't spend much time researching the best current 510 batteries/mods for my need, but the local smoke shop had the YoCan Uni Pro, the CCell Palm, and the other popular one right now...the Vessel Compass (all of which I did recall recently hearing were good). I went with the Uni Pro because it was the only one with a screen w/more precise power control.

I keep hearing good things about the Kodo Pro, but I am only interested in the 510 cart batteries that have the cartridge and connection slid inside the device and protected because every battery I have ever had with the external cartridge connection has always ended with breakage at the 510 connection point due to stress from being in the pocket.

BabyFacedFinster

I keep hearing good things about the Kodo Pro, but I am only interested in the 510 cart batteries that have the cartridge and connection slid inside the device and protected because every battery I have ever had with the external cartridge connection has always ended with breakage at the 510 connection point due to stress from being in the pocket.

Yes, I can see that being a concern in the pocket. The Uni definitely offers more protection in that way. The kodo is much smaller and discrete. Both function quite well and both have preheating, though the uni only goes down to 2.0v while the kodo goes to 1.8v.

I can see switching it up based on what my plans are for the day. I use carts for road trips, by the bedside and when I get lazy. Not my favorite way to get my medicine, but the most convenient.

The Palm looked cool but turned out to be a pain in the ass. Autofire sucks when your have clogs, and some of the new carts are too wide and don't fit in the fucker.

Last edited:
BabyFacedFinster,

Ramahs

I've never found the pre-heat function to be useful on any battery I've owned.
What's the difference between the ten-second pre-heat function and just manually holding down the button for a second or so before beginning your draw?

Last edited:
Ramahs,

Shit Snacks

I've never found the pre-heat function to be useful on any battery I've owned.
What's the difference between the ten-second pre-heat function and just manually holding down the button for a second or so before beginning your draw?

That's how I use it, think of it like AutoFire, holding the button down for you so you don't have to, for 10-15 seconds like similar vapes that have this feature (like TM cruise or mod based stuff) however the primary reason I do it, is that the preheat setting is typically a lower voltage than even the lowest setting (like 1.8v) never do I use it as an actual preheat feature as that is never necessary

BabyFacedFinster

I use the preheat function when I have a clog. I find that some carts start clogging in the last 25-50% of their life. I could probably just hold down the fire button, but I just do the double click, let it cycle through the 10 sec preheat and the clog clears itself.

BabyFacedFinster,

Ramahs

I guess I just don't like waiting the ten seconds, when 1 second of holding down the fire button suffices.
All good. Thanls for the answers. I just kept seeing people mention it as an important function in batteries, and I wondered if I was missing something about what pre-heat is for.

Top Bottom