Temp controlled battery for CCell carts

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
NEW cart battery, with cooling path by Davinci.
Unfortunately, only (3) heat settings, lowest 2.8v.

FROM PAGE:

THE ARTIQ CARTRIDGE VAPORIZER STORY​

Being a company of innovation, we don’t want to put out a product unless it solves a problem. After watching his father cough from hitting an oil pen one day, Cort Smith, VP of Vape Innovation found the problem from 510 vaporizer cartridges was hot vapor. “When you are drawing from a standard 510 battery, with the cartridge on top, hot vapor is going directly into your throat in excess of 132 F . That’s going to cause irritation, and coughing. Comparatively, the ARTIQ’s vapor temperature averages 83F, which is like breathing air.”  We at DaVinci, found a solution for this, and elongated the vapor path to bring the vapor back to room temperature. At max voltage outputs, standard 510 devices were producing vapor at 153F, whereas top voltage for the ARTIQ oil vaporizer was 84F

RxPlorer

NEW cart battery, with cooling path by Davinci.
Unfortunately, only (3) heat settings, lowest 2.8v.

FROM PAGE:

THE ARTIQ CARTRIDGE VAPORIZER STORY​

Being a company of innovation, we don’t want to put out a product unless it solves a problem. After watching his father cough from hitting an oil pen one day, Cort Smith, VP of Vape Innovation found the problem from 510 vaporizer cartridges was hot vapor. “When you are drawing from a standard 510 battery, with the cartridge on top, hot vapor is going directly into your throat in excess of 132 F . That’s going to cause irritation, and coughing. Comparatively, the ARTIQ’s vapor temperature averages 83F, which is like breathing air.”  We at DaVinci, found a solution for this, and elongated the vapor path to bring the vapor back to room temperature. At max voltage outputs, standard 510 devices were producing vapor at 153F, whereas top voltage for the ARTIQ oil vaporizer was 84F
They could solve vapor cooling but couldn't figure out lower voltage for low temp hits? Mmkay.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Is there a photo of it? The link doesn't work unless you have an account for some reason

Shit Snacks,

Madtater

Is there a photo of it? The link doesn't work unless you have an account for some reason
I got the same thing.

I found it on another sight….but i am not sure if it is the same thing because the price was $999

Seems a bit excessive

RustyOldNail

I received a link via email for what I assume is a pre-sale. I had to redo my membership for some reason. Then the link worked, so I just tried copying that page link. I couldn’t find anything about it on google. I’m sure it will be public soon.

It basically looks like an IQ. A 510 cart with magnet goes inside, and the vapor is routed through an internal path, to cool the vapor. Not a bad idea, maybe the V2 will have a proper voltage and ohm screen. At $59.00, I have ZERO interest, maybe Evolv should make a real temperature controlled cart device …..
SORRY the link didn’t work…

Maybe linking photos on this board will return someday…. :(

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Ah I see thank you! Definitely interesting...

It says temperature control, so if the power setting is low and controlled for super low temp hits that would be awesome if accurate? With something like this you would want full control and information settings... Not sure about the cooling pathway, that could be nice, but with proper temp control not necessary perhaps? And it could be a loss of good vapor and call for extra cleaning unnecessarily depending on the usage...? Sorta open-minded on price

Okay I love the look of that pink one damnit

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Is the Uni Pro Plus the best option for occasional use of rosin carts when out of the house? I don't care so much about maximum discreteness. Any reason to get the Kodo Pro over the Uni Pro Plus?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Is the Uni Pro Plus the best option for occasional use of rosin carts when out of the house? I don't care so much about maximum discreteness. Any reason to get the Kodo Pro over the Uni Pro Plus?
Kodo is less $, though it has smaller battery capacity. I like the screw on cart, you don't need a magnetic adater with the Kudo like you do with Uni Pro.
I find that the magnetic adapter makes for unnecessarily shakey connection, I have to restart the device often.
Function is identical between the two.

RustyOldNail

The Koda Pro has a smaller sized body, but the cart is totally exposed, so height is taller. Most other features are similar.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
For Live Rosin I'd favor the Kodo Pro because it goes to 1.8v whereas the Uni goes to 2.0v (if you don't care about discreetness.)
Kodo is less $, though it has smaller battery capacity. I like the screw on cart, you don't need a magnetic adater with the Kudo like you do with Uni Pro.
I find that the magnetic adapter makes for unnecessarily shakey connection, I have to restart the device often.
Function is identical between the two.

The Koda Pro has a smaller sized body, but the cart is totally exposed, so height is taller. Most other features are similar.
Thanks all! I won't say no to cheaper and lower voltage.

RustyOldNail

Cheap enough, that when factoring in shipping, I bought 2 of each.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’

Gross, Element Vape requires you to agree to receive marketing from them and third parties (meaning they're selling your email) to make an account, and you can't place an order without an account.

Edit: I ordered directly from Yocan, paid the shipping. I do now see that the Uni Pro PLUS does go down to 1.8v and has a WAY bigger battery, but it's also $50 and has the magnetic attachment. Given how infrequently I'll use these, the Kodo Pro seems like the better bet.

Last edited:

Madtater

Gross, Element Vape requires you to agree to receive marketing from them and third parties (meaning they're selling your email) to make an account, and you can't place an order without an account.

Edit: I ordered directly from Yocan, paid the shipping. I do now see that the Uni Pro PLUS does go down to 1.8v and has a WAY bigger battery, but it's also $50 and has the magnetic attachment. Given how infrequently I'll use these, the Kodo Pro seems like the better bet.
Ya. I did that, then unsubscribed from the first email i got.

It’s bullshit, but this is the day and age we live in

Madtater,

RustyOldNail

Ya. I did that, then unsubscribed from the first email i got.

Just about every website “shares” your email address, whether they admit to it or not. There are tons of FREE “temporary” email address sites one can also use, rather than assume your address isn’t being shared…..

Madtater

Just about every website “shares” your email address, whether they admit to it or not. There are tons of FREE “temporary” email address sites one can also use, rather than assume your address isn’t being shared…..
Oh, don’t you worry, I didn’t give them my real email address. I gave them my junk email.

Madtater,

RustyOldNail

don’t you worry

Believe me I’m NOT! :)
Been using Element Vape for years, usually have stock on many brands of devices, some of the lowest prices, and fast shipping.
I was able to create orders without creating an account, though that may have changed. I registered with one of my actual emails I use for online transactions, so I could easily return to site to check on orders and shipping.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: Madtater

EarthworldTim

This is the original version of the uni pro which only goes down to 2v. The 2.0 version goes lower to 1.8v if that matters to anyone.

If 2v is ok for you I use the shiv when out and about because it's built like a tank and protects the cart when retracted but does look pretentious/ridiculous when taking it out switchblade style.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
You’re welcome!
I wasn't saying you were gross, haha. Just the business practice. Maybe I missed the option to check out as guest? And I do use the fake email forwarding thing Apple offers a lot, I just didn't think about it for this. Oh well!

Monk Debate,

RustyOldNail

This is the original version of the uni pro which only goes down to 2v. The 2.0 version goes lower to 1.8v if that matters to anyone.

If 2v is ok for you I use the shiv when out and about because it's built like a tank and protects the cart when retracted but does look pretentious/ridiculous when taking it out switchblade style.

Yeah, I posted the link to the older one, as the new one was not in stock and cost more. I have the 2.0v OG. While I like having the lowest voltage available, most of the carts I use, end up vaping best at 2.3-2.4 volts, and as they near empty, I sometimes find I have to go higher.

I have the “shiv”, but shelved it as the ohms readings became very inconsistent on my unit. And the switchblade type spring is way too strong, and I deemed the shock, not healthy for my carts coils and ceramics. That was a $70 mistake, though it is kinda cool!

EarthworldTim

Yeah, I posted the link to the older one, as the new one was not in stock and cost more. I have the 2.0v OG. While I like having the lowest voltage available, most of the carts I use, end up vaping best at 2.3-2.4 volts, and as they near empty, I sometimes find I have to go higher.

I have the “shiv”, but shelved it as the ohms readings became very inconsistent on my unit. And the switchblade type spring is way too strong, and I deemed the shock, not healthy for my carts coils and ceramics. That was a $70 mistake, though it is kinda cool!
I agree the spring is way too much but I haven't noticed any damage or problems with my carts but I've also only used one brand on it with pretty solid ceramic carts. Can't it just have a slider and a lock/release switch? *Edit:meaning no crazy spring, seems reasonable.

My problem with the uni pro was the cart coming loose in my pocket. The magnet design isn't my favorite but I haven't heard of any ccell battery that covers low voltage, protected cart, and solid attachment method 😕

Last edited:

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I got the Kodo Pro from Yocan and it came in a plastic bag, does this thing even have retail packaging? This is taking minimalism to a whole other level.

Monk Debate,
Top Bottom