Tafée Bowle

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
(mods get special treatment)

This is how communities pay gratitude to the members who volunteer, especially if there are any power structures involved, for the baggage borne in course. If you’ve never had any kind of authority in even the most mundane of communities you would be astonished how much unnecessary vitriol can come with the necessary scrutiny.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I have to send Bowle in for service, and I asked if this might be a time to talk about a swap or upgrade to the "new/replacement" product we have heard about.

It was confirmed that yes, they are very close to release, and yes, there will be some loyalty-type incentives for current owners.

I could wait, but the date is still uncertain. So, a better option may be to send mine for service. That's what I'll do, given the uncertainty of timing of the new, new thing.

Added to the instructions I received this time was a statement that, when ready, I'll get a notice informing me of shipping fee. So, paying both ways seems to be in the mix now. Previously (2x), Tafee has at least paid to send it back to me.
Talking 30 to 40 bucks each way...

RxPlorer

I have to send Bowle in for service, and I asked if this might be a time to talk about a swap or upgrade to the "new/replacement" product we have heard about.

It was confirmed that yes, they are very close to release, and yes, there will be some loyalty-type incentives for current owners.

I could wait, but the date is still uncertain. So, a better option may be to send mine for service. That's what I'll do, given the uncertainty of timing of the new, new thing.

Added to the instructions I received this time was a statement that, when ready, I'll get a notice informing me of shipping fee. So, paying both ways seems to be in the mix now. Previously (2x), Tafee has at least paid to send it back to me.
Talking 30 to 40 bucks each way...
What a joke.

imor jones

Yes, i also still like my bowle a lot. Its definetly in my rotation with other vapes. Its the one for a fast hit. Or when i dont want to buffer with cleaning too much. I have other vapes, that i want jo clean after each use to keep the performing up. The bowle can handle a few bowles without with the need for a brush or iso cleaning...

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I've just had a delightful resolution to a service issue.
It's complicated, and I don't want to go into too many exact details, but I will say a couple of things.

Tafee c/s has been top shelf (for me). The downside has been that, owning 2 of them (for 2 of us) I've had to make 3 returns, paying about $30 US to send in each time, and this last time I had to pay freight back, along with a service charge.
On this last one, suffice it to say they could have denied me service at all, for multiple good reasons, but instead sent a replacement device, with some additional goodies. For a very, very reasonable fee.

On balance, I think I've learned that yes, the Bowle is still my favorite device, hands down, But I have to assume it's going to cost a little along the way to keep the ride going.
And on balance, wife and I both feel it is worth the price of admission.

I wish Tafee all the best going forward. Can't wait to see the next innovative vape they roll out.

aniceto

Hi there guys.

I'm just considering buying a second hand bowle and was considering whether this is a good idea as of 2023?

Is a new model coming up anytime soon? Once they wear off, can the batteries be replaced easily?

thanks in advanced

Last edited:

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
At this point I wouldn’t hold my breath for the replacement, meaning used is your only sure way to enjoy the Bowle in this lifetime. It’s not an easily repairable device for the non-technical; though factory service is still being done with positive feedback. And I think this device is well loved enough that if the company does go dormant, someone in the enthusiast circle will service them.

TLDR, buy it. :D

aniceto

How much is it to get the battery replaced? Has anyone got any experience with this?

Last edited:
aniceto,

SeatownHaze

How much is it to get the battery replaced? Has anyone got any experience with this?

I asked about buying a replacement battery and they said basically "if you use the device correctly, the battery never needs to be replaced". I think they were trying to discourage me from opening up the device. Maybe they would be willing to replace the battery if you sent in the puck. They're pretty quick to respond to emails.

SeatownHaze,

ondemander

Just so I'm understanding the hype around this correctly, this is a portable ball vape, offering ridiculously good flavor and also ridiculously large vapor production.

The variety of ways you can adjust flow path, bowl size, and heating temperature all allow the user to fine tune the experience to the situation (more flavor, more vapor, etc.)

On paper this sounds like the end all be all butane vape, correct? Is there anything I'm missing?
$90 + shipping to Canada to replace the puck due to a defective charging port. This was about 1.5 years ago though and I bought it used. They said the warranty wasn't transferrable. My experience with CS was poor at the time but I've heard others say they had better service.

Top Bottom