• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Tafée Bowle

MinnBobber

@ChooChooCharlie X 2

No stainless steel stem please.
Bowle aluminum stem receives vapor at a temp that is way way below a problem for that material…..

And, stem primary mission is to cool and condition the vapor stream, so stock aluminum stem is way way better for cooling VS stainless steel cooling ability (very poor).

And, a heavy SS stem up that high would make it a tipsy monster VS the stock aluminum stem is very light so stable with most weight low.

Aluminum is a GREAT cooler, why air cooled motorcycles have aluminum fins , to dissipate
all that heat.

Current choice of metals is best IMO

fangorn

personally i saw mini paint chips inside my aluminum rod ... i stopped using the bowle.
I must receive a stem in SS today ... even if I do not return from vacation for 10 days ...

I understand the previous messages ... but I refuse to swallow pieces of paint with aluminum ....

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
oh damn, I tighten the screw too much on the stem base and its not ruined, can't get it out...
I will try to ask for new screws, but how can I get it out? do you reckon someone in a utility store can help me?

badbee

oh damn, I tighten the screw too much on the stem base and its not ruined, can't get it out...
I will try to ask for new screws, but how can I get it out? do you reckon someone in a utility store can help me?
In addition to ChooChoo's advice it might help if you heat the stem a little bit with a hair dryer or heat gun (go easy). You want to warm the stem more than the screw as much as possible. If all else fails and the screw fully strips you can use a drill and screw extractor (that's what the hardware store guys will tell you).

MinnBobber

FYI, newest FAQs instruct to not take apart the stem unless absolutely necessary. I believe this is a change ???

Attachments

• 70211282-131A-497D-AECB-39AED680E76F.jpeg
    70211282-131A-497D-AECB-39AED680E76F.jpeg
    57.3 KB · Views: 19

m0sh

FYI, newest FAQs instruct to not take apart the stem unless absolutely necessary. I believe this is a change ???
I have to take it apart because the other screws are loose, making it impossible to use...

Going to the shop now to try a new screw, it seems he won't open the others, so it might be the issue?

Edit: so on the new stem I have it doesn't seem to open and in the store they think it's actually an Allen... so I will talk to Tafee I guess...

Last edited:

Kaptan

I have to take it apart because the other screws are loose, making it impossible to use...

Going to the shop now to try a new screw, it seems he won't open the others, so it might be the issue?

Edit: so on the new stem I have it doesn't seem to open and in the store they think it's actually an Allen... so I will talk to Tafee I guess...
Stem screw is not Allen. It’s a Torx T6. If you are in US, these are available on Amazon for about $3 with shipping.

ChooChooCharlie

Thanks for the tip, @MinnBobber , I had to try. Fun and different. Stubby ran out of cooling after first long draw, but what a draw. Can't really foresee a downside, but I swear the level of the Rock's Teremana dropped
Three-stems-in-freezer.jpg

m0sh

Stem screw is not Allen. It’s a Torx T6. If you are in US, these are available on Amazon for about $3 with shipping.

I'm the one who told people here to get a T6 lol, but it won't open up for me anymore, perhaps it's the T6? I dunno, it is too small now, however, I will try to get another one.
Thanks.
Edit: Shipping cost 4X the screw, but turns out I had a gift card. Could probably score one more here but I'd rather have the same one as yours.

Still hoping I ruined the driver and it makes sense if it won't open a brand new stem.

Anyways, thanks!

MinnBobber

@MinnBobber @ChooChooCharlie How long did you leave your stem in the freezer for? I just tried it real quick. Even just 5 minutes was enough to get the stem nice and cold. I did notice extra cooling, but yeah, only good for one draw. Cool trick though!

The aluminum stem does cool down real quick in the freezer. I started out doing 15 minutes but found it doesn’t need that long. 5-7 minutes gets it very chilled for a couple of super hits.

m0sh

I've been using the Tafée Bowle as my daily driver for the last month.

I have not once powered on my EVO.

For more than ten years, I have been vaping solely via water. There was no other way for me. It was everything I wanted and needed.

Then Tafée Bowle came.

Even when I had gotten the TinyMight, I used it solely via water, it just worked better for me, but when I have gotten the Tafee Bowle, I felt that finally, I don't need water to filter the vapor.

And with the additional passive cooling in mind(the system that also makes me drink more than I usually do), it feels like heaven.

I kept using water for a month or two, but eventually, I stopped using water and moved entirely to the Tafée Bowle (I still use the TinyMight with the XL stem, dry as well!).

It is fun to be free of all the cords and glass pieces. It is fun to have a simple cup on my table. No more mess, no more paying for broken glass, and all of the enjoyment still.

The future of vaping is here. Join in.

@stonedmallone yeah, I hit it until it timed out (23 seconds I believe).

The bowl wasn’t packed deep. I typically fill by scooping the pot into my BCG for a loose pack. I get better results this way. More even AVB and there’s enough room to stir without herb spilling out all over the place. My bowls typically weigh out around .07-.08g.

I did a cleanup hit on lvl4 after that and then dumped it. I like fast extraction. :)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Damn shame about the machined stems not actually being steel, but nice swapping the coating for bead blasted aluminum instead! That should absolutely be the standard, they should stop making the coated stems... They're still using the coating for the actual stem part though?? They should switch those to be blasted as well, use up existing stock and just start making everything bead blasted, and yeah should stop using the coating on the actual puck? Buttons etc...?

Anyway yeah I don't think it's a big deal to not have stainless steel, the piece on the inside where the vapor hits is still steel, and yeah aluminum is lighter weight with better cooling properties, but the price difference is a bit silly I think...? Either way I'm still looking forward to a WPA someday, no real issues, but my Bowle is well out of rotation now :shrug:

ChooChooCharlie

@Shit Snacks - It's a damn shame clowns like me post guesses, which understandably get read later as facts. The bead blast finish was just my guess. Regardless, I grok your essential points, except the discontinued usage. Is it primarily the lack of a glass water piece option to view the vapor? Vape sig poor? Miss the control of unregulation? (an oxymoronic phrase), doing the combustion line dance?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah I think it's a good guess though!

And nothing new from my last post, vapor quality and convenience and temp control options I guess? Form factor too I suppose, versatility, hmm I'll use it right now actually!

nattomoto

I've been using the Tafée Bowle as my daily driver for the last month.

I have not once powered on my EVO.

For more than ten years, I have been vaping solely via water. There was no other way for me. It was everything I wanted and needed.

Then Tafée Bowle came.

Even when I had gotten the TinyMight, I used it solely via water, it just worked better for me, but when I have gotten the Tafee Bowle, I felt that finally, I don't need water to filter the vapor.

And with the additional passive cooling in mind(the system that also makes me drink more than I usually do), it feels like heaven.

I kept using water for a month or two, but eventually, I stopped using water and moved entirely to the Tafée Bowle (I still use the TinyMight with the XL stem, dry as well!).

It is fun to be free of all the cords and glass pieces. It is fun to have a simple cup on my table. No more mess, no more paying for broken glass, and all of the enjoyment still.

The future of vaping is here. Join in.
You’re making me second guess my Firewood 7 purchase.

Top Bottom