Tafée Bowle

Mr. Me2

Dusted off my Bowle for a little action, lately its been only seeing use a few days a week :( Not because its not a great vape but for me I much prefer it with a full pot and that's a bigger load then I usually want :shrug: But I've recently been playing around with my dosing? Today I'm taking a different approach and taking only small hits and not finishing the bowl. Going to spend all day nursing the same bowl of skunk haze and see what that's like?
I do that all the time (walk away from and later return to an unfinished pot). No problem for me with that approach. That’s one of the benefits of true convection!

btka

Dusted off my Bowle for a little action, lately its been only seeing use a few days a week :( Not because its not a great vape but for me I much prefer it with a full pot and that's a bigger load then I usually want :shrug: But I've recently been playing around with my dosing? Today I'm taking a different approach and taking only small hits and not finishing the bowl. Going to spend all day nursing the same bowl of skunk haze and see what that's like?

I do that all the time (walk away from and later return to an unfinished pot). No problem for me with that approach. That’s one of the benefits of true convection!
I do not like the taste after one or two hits (all terpenes gone)... so I raised the screen on pot (not sure if it is really needed) and try to use it with much smaller amounts... I find I get almost same clouds as with full pot... and more taste per puff ;) ...

why you prefer full pot?

Texus

I do not like the taste after one or two hits (all terpenes gone)... so I raised the screen on pot (not sure if it is really needed) and try to use it with much smaller amounts... I find I get almost same clouds as with full pot... and more taste per puff ;) ...

why you prefer full pot?
Why not just only fill halfway? Raising screen seems to just increase odds of contacting heater screen, which I would avoid so that you don't have to worry about cleaning it.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what

why you prefer full pot?
I've also done the screen raise which does work fine, I'm not saying the Bowle can't do smaller loads it's that I use mine when I want a bigger session then I have with my tinymight. I don't mind the later half of the bowl it's like black coffee and unsweetened peanut butter but the first few hits are the nicest for sure.

btka

I've also done the screen raise which does work fine, I'm not saying the Bowle can't do smaller loads it's that I use mine when I want a bigger session then I have with my tinymight. I don't mind the later half of the bowl it's like black coffee and unsweetened peanut butter but the first few hits are the nicest for sure.
was only interested why you prefer full pots over smaller amounts in pot... I am not so big fan of the taste of pot after first 2 hits... but it is good that everyone can tune to his taste... only think I do not like that you have to pack more pots and change out and batterylife (when you stretch herb in full pot in more pots with smaller amount)...

Last edited:

MinnBobber

Haze Dual owners: I assume the Haze 18650 battery charger/ battery pack should work as a mobile battery charger for Bowle?

I often use Bowle for quick hit of CBD flower which never seems to taste as good as THC flower IME. I have begun experimenting with cooling the stem in the freezer, insert the load, and get a big hit of medicine….with that subdued flavor cool hit, but big hit.

Anyone else cool their stem? Your experience?

Attachments

• D5BCFD3C-BC92-49E8-89A8-1B890131FB17.jpeg
    D5BCFD3C-BC92-49E8-89A8-1B890131FB17.jpeg
    119.7 KB · Views: 24

Mr. Me2

why you prefer full pot?
I should give a little more detail. I don’t fill the pot full. I fill it 2/3 to 3/4 after a light tamp. With that load, I get 5 pulls. I typically take 2 pulls at level2 and put it down. When I choose to return, I’ll do 2 more at level 2 and finish it off at level 3.

I empty and clean the pot almost immediately. I find it easier to keep it clean that way.

I guess I don’t have the most discriminating sense of taste. I agree the first couple taste great, but I almost never get a bad taste. The only exception for me is if o come too close to charring.

Bad Dog

I enjoy taste 😋 but in my heart of hearts I'm really all about effects so maybe that explains why I'm a efficiency vaper?

Stepped up from 1 to 2 and flavor is still good! Not a whole lot of buzz from the skunk haze but I don't feel a unquenchable urge to vape more, must not be that bad? Still plenty of vapour left! So far it's nice.
Happy Love You GIF by Fleischer Studios

The Bowle is still killing it in my rotation. I recently added a Tetra P80, and I’m still reaching for the Bowle consistently. It’s just that good. I definitely have a new appreciation for this thing after comparing it to another “high end” convection portable.

I’d be interested in trying the WPA (if it ever comes out) just to see what this thing can do through water.

I try to avoid overfilling the pots. My average load size is probably around .08g. I like being able to stir without herb spilling out of the pot. Although, this vape doesn’t really need to be stirred too much IME.

MinnBobber

I’d be interested in trying the WPA (if it ever comes out) just to see what this thing can do through water.

I sometimes enjoy mine thru water, even though
my setup is crude…. a Delta3DStudio misc silicone piece that you need to squeeze because of the irregular stem shape.

Attachments

• B2A27DB2-8011-4306-A3DE-54D7322A386E.jpeg
    B2A27DB2-8011-4306-A3DE-54D7322A386E.jpeg
    109.3 KB · Views: 32

Bad Dog

Not a bad day with the Bowle 😁 in fact it was so nice I'm closing out the day with another Bowle bowl...... Well part of one and finishing with a firecracker. I still really enjoy this vape but when will they release the glass glass already!?! Am I right?!? Oh well.... Someday :\ Big fat bowl of pie 🥧 in the sky and I'm baby stepping my way through the lower temps. Tomorrow I'll probably go back to my usual full morning bowl of cbd or maybe some skunk haze to go with some oil. Going back to a half vaped isn't as bad as I remember but my preference will always be having a bowl in its entirety in a sitting.
Finish Him GIF by memecandy

stonedmallone

The Bowle is still killing it in my rotation. I recently added a Tetra P80, and I’m still reaching for the Bowle consistently. It’s just that good. I definitely have a new appreciation for this thing after comparing it to another “high end” convection portable.

I try to avoid overfilling the pots. My average load size is probably around .08g. I like being able to stir without herb spilling out of the pot. Although, this vape doesn’t really need to be stirred too much IME.
How do you like the p80?

nattomoto

Can anyone offer some advice choosing between the Bowle and the Firewood 7? I’m stuck between the two. I haven’t puffed flower in couple/few years, as I’ve been loving hash. Portability isn’t a big issue since I use cartridges on the go.

nattomoto,
Reactions: Michel

ChooChooCharlie

machined stems now in stock

Weighs 3 g less than original
(coating weight I assume)

It has a matte finish, not reflective and bare like my old stem with coating removed -- my old stripped stem is easily scratched, but this new machined finish seems tougher. Probably will resist the skid mark near that locking divot

Bowle-machined-stem-with-Bender.jpg

RxPlorer

It has a matte finish, not reflective and bare like my old stem with coating removed -- my old stripped stem is easily scratched, but this new machined finish seems tougher. Probably will resist the skid mark near that locking divot

Bowle-machined-stem-with-Bender.jpg

I don’t get it. If it’s the same product, sans-coating (as indicated by the weight diff), why the $40 price increase? I do like my bowle but this isn’t a good look.

Is it really the exact same thing without the coating? That doesn't make sense at all. There have to be other differences, no? For some reason I thought these were going to be stainless steel vs. the aluminium of the original. Has anyone asked Tafee to give a better explanation than the description on the website?

Two Heads

Many thanks to this Forum for helping me decide to buy my Bowle back in February. I haven't tuned in much since then but I thought it was time for an update. I've become a real convert. It took a few weeks but I came to appreciate the cleaner high and didn't miss the fog (and the cough) that came with the water pipe. I've had a few puffs on small pipes since February but only out of necessity and have not been tempted to go back. So all good on that front, which was my biggest concern about vaping full time.

A lot of that has to do with the big, satisfying vapes the Bowle offers. I generally fill about 2/3 of the way, no tamping, and get 3-4 draws on #2 before switching to #4 and getting 2-3 more draws from each bowl (not a fan of calling them "pots" as Taffe does). A session would be 3-4 bowls - around what I would smoke in my pipe in one sitting. The only issue I've had with the Bowle is battery life. Sessions like that would too often end with flashing lights, even when keeping it plugged in between draws.

I say "too often" because, although I tried to avoid it and immediately stopped and fully recharged if I got flashing lights, eventually I started having problems with my unit not fully recharging. The folks at Taffe were great. We tried some fixes, which helped - but last week they replaced my puck with a new one and I'm trying again. So far so good. Maybe this one will have better battery life but I doubt it. I think 750 mAh is just too small of a battery. I'd gladly give up some of the space allocated to the cup (which I don't use), and live with a heavier unit, for double the battery capacity. That would make it the perfect vape, I think.

Oh, and I was able to use it camping recently by charging it between uses with a 20,000 mAh USB battery pack. It took a bit longer than wall charging but it worked. At home, another thing I've noticed - it seems to charge quicker if plugged directly into a wall outlet, rather than an extension cord.

Anyway, those are my observations after half a year of using my Bowle. Thanks again to the Forum for helping me make a healthier choice.

Last edited:

cliffhanger1

Is it really the exact same thing without the coating? That doesn't make sense at all. There have to be other differences, no? For some reason I thought these were going to be stainless steel vs. the aluminium of the original. Has anyone asked Tafee to give a better explanation than the description on the website?
i thought the same that it is made from stainless steel. isn`t it ? :rolleyes:
if not, it is no improvement for the money in my eyes :o

Last edited:

ninjagaijin

It looks worth it to me, to avoid having to get rid of the coating yourself and possible scratches, but should be able to be ordered as a 'kit' with a new Bowle - so you don't need to order a regular stem Bowle, and a machined stem on top. In this case, I would probably just sand off the existing stem until I could afford the machined, since postage with the machined to my country ends up being $200 AUD - over 1/3 the price of the Bowle including postage costs

>i thought the same that it is made from stainless steel. isn`t it ? :rolleyes:
>if not, it is no improvement for the money in my eyes :o

The description just states the stock is 'stainless steel + aluminium and coating', so the stem is combined ss + aluminium it seems. Buying the machined is a safer choice, albeit more expensive. You can seemingly achieve the same results by removing the coating yourself on the stock, but that's a bunch of work and can produce scratches apparently. So if I had the $ I'd pay for the machined stem but I can't afford the device little alone upgrade stems. They should sell it a bit better, like so you can order a set with a machined stem, not having to buy a kit with stock and THEN another stem upgrade on top of that cost.

Tall, Small or Stubby Bowle Stem options;
STOCK: Standard Stainless Steel + Aluminum Stems Molded with Post Cosmetic Finish
OR: Individually Machined Stems with Natural Exposed Finish.
MACHINED VERSIONS NOW SHIPPING!!!

Last edited:

ninjagaijin

ah now i understand, the substructure where the pots are sitting is from stainless steel right !?
and the stem is the same like before. so i dont need to update i think
That must be it - I don't have one, I wish I did! But now I think you are right from looking at the picture, the base is a different material. So probably steel stem base, aluminium stem tube.

And yes currently if you have one, if you want a similar look, could take the coating off yourself to save the added cost. If I was ordering a new stem, I would pay the extra for a machined though.

I also thought that the 'machined stems' would be a different material, entirely stainless steel or something. What is preferable, stainless steel or aluminium vapour path?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I think 750 mAh is just too small of a battery. I'd gladly give up some of the space allocated to the cup (which I don't use), and live with a heavier unit, for double the battery capacity. That would make it the perfect vape, I think.
Nice write-up, thanks.
I don't own a bowle (yet) but 750mAh is same size as a Grasshopper battery, which I know is small! It seems the Tafee folks could have easily fit a larger battery in that whole puck thing. I can understand not putting in a swap-able battery, that would just add one more possible leak/danger point for liquids off of the cup!

Top Bottom