• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Tafée Bowle

Fogoff

Technically 10000mha will charge TB 10 times. However I've been using power bank with mine and it's not working 100%. as as matter of a fact it made TB act weird sometimes, such as a lot of trickle charge, not charging the battery fully, and lately the device did shut down and I had to plug the OG charger to wake the device up. Had to wait to come back home after 3 days out of town. Then soon after the puck died on me and had to RMA it.
I would not recommend to use a power bank. TB has no real autonomy, need to be plugged after 2 sessions...definitely not for heavy user.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, despite I'm liking a lot my Bowle I noticed the stem was very dirty, lot of black stuff in the stem, I don't speak of resin or flower bits..And it looks like they didn't put a lot of efforts on it, lot of corners difficult to clean, why not a glass tube inserted?... It's strange the heater part was so well engineered and not the stem... although I read they are working on a new stem, so everything is going well.

Is somebody worked on a diy glass stem option? using wood we could make something interesting to connect a 14mm male glass stem, like a drawer with a plug for the stem on the other end...

Fogoff

Hi, despite I'm liking a lot my Bowle I noticed the stem was very dirty, lot of black stuff in the stem, I don't speak of resin or flower bits..And it looks like they didn't put a lot of efforts on it, lot of corners difficult to clean, why not a glass tube inserted?... It's strange the heater part was so well engineered and not the stem... although I read they are working on a new stem, so everything is going well.

Is somebody worked on a diy glass stem option? using wood we could make something interesting to connect a 14mm male glass stem, like a drawer with a plug for the stem on the other end...
I heard hot iso will definitely strip the bad stuff 😬😜

NimChimpsky

I guess you are probably referring to that spot that can accumulate under the pot? Mine has never been black and I don't find it too much of a problem, it's quick/easy to clean for me with a q tip and iso and I only need to do it every few weeks maybe, 5 mins. I think there's probably at least two things you can do to reduce this build-up: (1) get a coarser screen (2) cut out a screen from a tea bag to put over your steel screen - there's been some posts from users in this thread who have done that and reported good results. I haven't tried either of these but hope it can maybe help!

I actually love a lot about the design of the stem, though I agree it can def be improved. The look always makes me think of a like a Star Trek j hook or something lol :borg:

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I guess you are probably referring to that spot that can accumulate under the pot? Mine has never been black and I don't find it too much of a problem, it's quick/easy to clean for me with a q tip and iso and I only need to do it every few weeks maybe, 5 mins. I think there's probably at least two things you can do to reduce this build-up: (1) get a coarser screen (2) cut out a screen from a tea bag to put over your steel screen - there's been some posts from users in this thread who have done that and reported good results. I haven't tried either of these but hope it can maybe help!

I actually love a lot about the design of the stem, though I agree it can def be improved. The look always makes me think of a like a Star Trek j hook or something lol :borg:
No, the black stuff I was referring is aluminium dust from machining, the same you can find in brand news cheap grinders. That's probably a QC issue since not so much peoples mentionned that stuff (maybe I'm alone?).

Like the TM, I found the Bowle nice to offer convection heat to everybody, unlike the others released before, there is no learning curve and no knowledges are required to use this vaporizers. This is the success reason of the TM and the Bowle, imho.

west-elec

Are there ways to recalibrate the heater to make it hotter or cooler? Just wondering..
None that I have seen mentioned anywhere. Unlike many convection vapes draw speed doesn't make much difference to temp since sensor seems to keep temp precise regardless of draw speed. So you are probably stuck with 4 presets. I haven't tried holding down the button and cigar puffing to get more heat into the load, but probably not going to work right.
I think they did a good job with the present range. 1 is light and for low temp flavour people, 2 starts producing some clouds but great temp step starting point, 3 is dense and full tasting where I like it, and 4 is hot and toasty tasting, good for finishing. Can't ask for much more than that.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
No, the black stuff I was referring is aluminium dust from machining, the same you can find in brand news cheap grinders. That's probably a QC issue since not so much peoples mentionned that stuff (maybe I'm alone?).

Like the TM, I found the Bowle nice to offer convection heat to everybody, unlike the others released before, there is no learning curve and no knowledges are required to use this vaporizers. This is the success reason of the TM and the Bowle, imho.
Wow! That's gotta be a good bit of aluminum dust if it accumulates enough to be black. I have a few tiny spots where the grey scratched off the top button and one tiny spot where the stem sits in the puck that isn't in the air path.

If your unit is flaking that badly .... maybe Tafee should be told?

ninjagaijin

I hope V2 isn’t released soon. V1 is still on it’s way to my house!

Confirmed a day after your post xD

today the Tafee Team told me that they indeed have plans to release machined full stainless steel versions of the Stem in addition to making improvements to the Bowle as a whole. that sounds nice :)

Definitely going to wait and see what changes before considering further. Stainless steel stem sounds ace and puck improvements too. Interested to see what the 'new' product is going to be too.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I saw in the helpful travel bag post from @ChooChooCharlie that the Bowle has a 750mah cell? That seems like vape design malpractice, especially for a convection device with a $300 price tag.

Even the cheap little Vleaf Go I got during their 420 sale has a 900mah cell. Heck, the replaceable 18650 in my Tinymight drains faster than I'd like, and those are all newish 3,000mah VTC6 cells that cost like six bucks each.

RxPlorer

I saw in the helpful travel bag post from @ChooChooCharlie that the Bowle has a 750mah cell? That seems like vape design malpractice, especially for a convection device with a $300 price tag.

Even the cheap little Vleaf Go I got during their 420 sale has a 900mah cell. Heck, the replaceable 18650 in my Tinymight drains faster than I'd like, and those are all newish 3,000mah VTC6 cells that cost like six bucks each.
An improvement would be nice but I disagree with the malpractice statement. As my only at home device, the balance of usage and charge time has been more than adequate.

The TM with a P26A still requires much more intention and attention to keep it ready than the Bowle ever does.

I microdose at frequent intervals. YMMV, but “malpractice” is dead wrong.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

An improvement would be nice but I disagree with the malpractice statement. As my only at home device, the balance of usage and charge time has been more than adequate.

The TM with a P26A still requires much more intention and attention to keep it ready than the Bowle ever does.

I microdose at frequent intervals. YMMV, but “malpractice” is dead wrong.

Being able to fully recharge a spent battery in an hour helps compensate for the battery life. I get around 27 draws per charge last count and can always find some time, before a complete discharge, to put it back on the charger because I'm not going to want another hit for a bit. A high normally lasts me more than an hour so it's all good and since it's not fully discharged it charges in less than an hour anyway. I'm satisfied.

Still......I promised the wife her own Bowle but I'm waiting to see what the next iteration is. I'm hoping for an increase in battery life and some re-design on the material used on the outside of the stem. The battery strikes me as low hanging fruit in terms of the next version.

cliffhanger1

I hope I'm not saying nonsense now.
But Tafee has Li-ion Polymer cells which have more power than simple lithium ion cells if I'm not mistaken

cliffhanger1,

west-elec

Google says nonsense;
Lithium-polymer battery technology is newer than lithium-ion. ... The lithium-polymer life cycle is also shorter and the batteries store less energy than the same sized Li-ion. These cells also still use protection circuits to keep voltages operating within safe limits too.28 Oct 2020

kiddvudu2

So been going really strong lately without any mouthpieces and getting no shut offs at all! Killing a pot in two hits major flavor and clouds and no restriction of any kind when drawing. Try it out you might dig it too!
I've been watching this thought process... I tried it twice and it hit great, I agree. However, are you not concerned that saliva will erode the coating and end up in your mouth? I use Contigo travel mugs regularly, and I noticed that if I use them without the lids, the coating starts to wear away in the shape of my mouth. I know it's not the same stuff, but saliva is not the same as water. Just thinking out loud and looking for other's opinions.

Peese!

Top Bottom