Tafée Bowle

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
LiPo is also much more volatile, but I do prefer LiPo for high discharge rates and fast charge times.

“Both battery types have their pros and cons. Generally speaking, lithium-ion batteries offer the highest capacities at the lowest prices. Handy if you want an inexpensive phone that lasts more than a single day between charges. Li-ion’s drawbacks are a gradual self-discharge, not that this matters too much for phones that are always-on, and the tiny, but not zero potential for safety issues.

Li-poly is slightly safer, by comparison, which is particularly important in these days of super-fast charging technology. These batteries also have a very low self-discharge level, so won’t go flat when you’re not using them. However, this comes with a higher price tag, a shorter lifespan, and a lower capacity density. Although, the lightweight nature of lithium-polymer batteries results in an overall better energy density per kg.

Overall, lithium-polymer is slowly replacing lithium-ion in the smartphone industry due to its superior safety, form factor versatility, and weight attributes in high-end and mid-tier devices. Although more affordable designs and handsets with very large cell capacities will likely stick with lithium-ion battery technology for a while longer.”

Djsleepy

I've been watching this thought process... I tried it twice and it hit great, I agree. However, are you not concerned that saliva will erode the coating and end up in your mouth? I use Contigo travel mugs regularly, and I noticed that if I use them without the lids, the coating starts to wear away in the shape of my mouth. I know it's not the same stuff, but saliva is not the same as water. Just thinking out loud and looking for other's opinions.

Peese!
I’ve got a wide rubber band around top, tried my silicone hose but didn’t stretch. I had thought about that before and have been keeping eye on it. So far so good! I’ve destroyed (by use) all 3 of my mouthpieces and not sold yet on sight!

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!

“Both battery types have their pros and cons. Generally speaking, lithium-ion batteries offer the highest capacities at the lowest prices. Handy if you want an inexpensive phone that lasts more than a single day between charges. Li-ion’s drawbacks are a gradual self-discharge, not that this matters too much for phones that are always-on, and the tiny, but not zero potential for safety issues.

Li-poly is slightly safer, by comparison, which is particularly important in these days of super-fast charging technology. These batteries also have a very low self-discharge level, so won’t go flat when you’re not using them. However, this comes with a higher price tag, a shorter lifespan, and a lower capacity density. Although, the lightweight nature of lithium-polymer batteries results in an overall better energy density per kg.

Overall, lithium-polymer is slowly replacing lithium-ion in the smartphone industry due to its superior safety, form factor versatility, and weight attributes in high-end and mid-tier devices. Although more affordable designs and handsets with very large cell capacities will likely stick with lithium-ion battery technology for a while longer.”
In real life experience, LiPo is more volatile and likely to explode when crashed, and a compromised LiPo is also far more likely to combust when charging than a compromised or crashed Li-Ion.

I don't know much about tiny cell phone batteries, most of my LiPo setups are high discharge, 12s5000mAh or larger.

I don't worry about a thing with Li-Ion, don't even remove them from a plane when charging... I'd never take that chance with my LiPo batteries, they all get removed from aircraft and put on balance chargers, sometimes even charging in LiPo fire safe bags. That type of precaution is not necessary with Li-Ion.

ChooChooCharlie

Tafee-Bowle-at-Marina.jpg

RustyOldNail

In real life experience, LiPo is more volatile and likely to explode when crashed, and a compromised LiPo is also far more likely to combust when charging than a compromised or crashed Li-Ion.

I don't know much about tiny cell phone batteries, most of my LiPo setups are high discharge, 12s5000mAh or larger.

I don't worry about a thing with Li-Ion, don't even remove them from a plane when charging... I'd never take that chance with my LiPo batteries, they all get removed from aircraft and put on balance chargers, sometimes even charging in LiPo fire safe bags. That type of precaution is not necessary with Li-Ion.

I guess it’s how one defines the word “volatile”. LIPO “chemistry” is considered safer by the experts. Granted, they don’t like having a nail driven into them. I’m sure your real world experience with lipos in flying, shows their limits in a demanding use case.

Since I don’t fly planes, their performance when physically abused, as in crashing, or as many pro flyers do, charge their batteries to the max and above for added performance, I don’t see a correlation to LIPO being any more dangerous then a pack of lithium ion batteries when used properly. Both of these types, regardless of chemistry when abused, have nasty results.

After reading what made sense to me, I don’t use any “bags” when charging, some fire tests determined trapping the heat made it worse. However, I recently discovered a new type of fire extinguisher designed specifically for lithium & LIPO battery fires. AVD type has only been available in the UK, until now. Let me know if interested, might save part of a crashed plane?

RustyOldNail

Surely would be interested

it will but save a place, but it may save a garage/house/workshop/charging station

My TB has been killing it in the Keys this week!

The newest type of fire extinguisher for lithium-ion battery fires, the AVD type has been available in the U.K. for some time now. Finally available in the USA.

I posted in the 18650 Battery thread:

west-elec

Hmm, my mouthpiece wobbles where's a connection between the two-piece, air leaks from the back if I'm not careful...
It might break soon I guess, did it happen to anyone?
There was one case posted where one of the screws seemed to be missing and it eventually worked loose, sound similar? Was it @Stu?
If you can get the right screwdriver fitting pop off the bottom plate and see if there are 2 screws holding the stem to the base. They might just be loose.

I don't know what caused this, but I'm pretty bummed.

View attachment 6964

Anyone have an idea if this is fixable without sending it in?

:peace:
Here tis.

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
There was one case posted where one of the screws seemed to be missing and it eventually worked loose, sound similar? Was it @Stu?
If you can get the right screwdriver fitting pop off the bottom plate and see if there are 2 screws holding the stem to the base. They might just be loose.
Nice man, thanks. Too bad it broke @Stu my heart goes to you.
I will get this screw tomorrow hopefully, I wasn't sure they is a screw there in the middle but now I know.

cliffhanger1

They are awesome! I got another stem, and another puck :D
Did I miss something ? did you have a defective stem and received a new stem + puck, a completely new set? can this be true what i understand ? not really or ? if it is so, it is like a dream for you !! :)
if so, then congratulations and the customer service would be better than very good. ;) LoL
very very good, better than very good LOL

Texus

So I will say I wonder if some folks get battery life difference due to oddities with charging.

I have noticed my devices lights will be off and it will seem to be fully charged. Then when I remove and reconnect the cable, it will be at 3 lights again and fully charge after that. But if I leave it on charger all night, when i wake I would think its fully charged but its only at 3.
Contact Tafee about that if you haven't already. You may need to go through a battery rest procedure or something like that. Some of this was discussed earlier in this thread IIRC, but I am not where I can track that down for you.

androponic

vaped.
Contact Tafee about that if you haven't already. You may need to go through a battery rest procedure or something like that. Some of this was discussed earlier in this thread IIRC, but I am not where I can track that down for you.
this may help. takes you to a post by @stickstones

heres the jist:

For those with battery issues, some possible solutions:

1. Press both the power select and fire buttons together quickly 5 times. The puck will only power on again after connected to charge cable.

2. When charging, if charge is too slow, remove the cable, wait about 10 seconds and reinsert the cable.. sometimes the battery trickle charges and needs to be disconnected and reconnected for the charging chip to recognize fast charging.

3. Finally, even when the battery indicates it's fully charged when plugged in to charge by indicating four solid blue lights or no lights indicating charging.... Unplug and reconnect the charger to make sure the battery is full indicated by "four flashing blue lights". If 4 blue doesn't flash when the charge cable is reinserted, then the battery is still only 80% charged and slowly trickle charging the remaining 20%. Unplug and reconnect to reset the charge until you confirm 4 flashing lights when the charge cable is removed and reconnected.

SpacelyJetson

this may help. takes you to a post by @stickstones

heres the jist:

For those with battery issues, some possible solutions:

1. Press both the power select and fire buttons together quickly 5 times. The puck will only power on again after connected to charge cable.

2. When charging, if charge is too slow, remove the cable, wait about 10 seconds and reinsert the cable.. sometimes the battery trickle charges and needs to be disconnected and reconnected for the charging chip to recognize fast charging.

3. Finally, even when the battery indicates it's fully charged when plugged in to charge by indicating four solid blue lights or no lights indicating charging.... Unplug and reconnect the charger to make sure the battery is full indicated by "four flashing blue lights". If 4 blue doesn't flash when the charge cable is reinserted, then the battery is still only 80% charged and slowly trickle charging the remaining 20%. Unplug and reconnect to reset the charge until you confirm 4 flashing lights when the charge cable is removed and reconnected.
Yep. The battery life is pretty good once you know that.

Thanks

cliffhanger1

for my first device i can say that the battery capacity is littlle longer than the beginning.
firstly i got only 3 sessions now near by 4 with this device or 3-4. but this comes not after about 10 loadings, it was more for some weeks.
it were nice if my 2nd device make the same in some days :bowdown:

This vape is insane with kief. You don’t need to use much at all. Below is a tiny bowl of herb with some grinder kief on top. Basically scraps from my BCG. Barely more than a thin layer over the screen. One hit on 2, one hit on 3 before taking that photo. Long pulls. The second hit choked me out. Crazy vapor production from such little herb!

78-DB1785-584-D-4327-B53-E-921-F8-C11605-D.jpg

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
So, I fixed my stem, bought the correct screwdriver, and inside I had to use a normal screwdriver to tighten the screws.
I think it was just too dirty, the resin goes into the threading, so if you clean it more often than I did, it should be fine, if not - get the screw.

west-elec

So, I fixed my stem, bought the correct screwdriver, and inside I had to use a normal screwdriver to tighten the screws.
I think it was just too dirty, the resin goes into the threading, so if you clean it more often than I did, it should be fine, if not - get the screw.
Glad you were able to McGyver yourself back into the action. Must have been loose from the factory, no way resin can loosen a screw.

androponic

vaped.
Glad you were able to McGyver yourself back into the action. Must have been loose from the factory, no way resin can loosen a screw.
unless he was vaping this strain:
:lol:

staircase slight of hand

Anyone heard anything about the re-stocking? Their site still has them as out of stock but claims they’ll be shipping a limited quantity tomorrow (well, tomorrow of last year, but that’s presumably a typo).

staircase slight of hand,
Top Bottom