• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Tafée Bowle

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
is the heating element used in TB similar or same like minivap?
Not sure anyone who owns both has taken them apart to find out but they seem pretty different to me, mini vap takes a couple minutes to heat up and tb couple second, the vapes and substantially different in size and even though Jorge from mini vap was a part of the development I don’t think him selling 10 year old technology is why he was brought on board nor do I think the heater design is solely his brain child otherwise he would have just developed this vape on his own. I really have no idea who did what all of this is merely speculation on my part

Sn4Pz

Not that anyone asked, but my Bowle is still in the limbo that is Canada Post.

Its a small thing for a company to do, to email you and let you know that they are as diligent on checking the tracking as you are, but Tafee is the first company that has ever done something like this for me! I've bought and returned plenty of things because Im a bit of a dingus, and companies are usually so cold and quick if you return things.

Bruno, or whoever is running the email correspondence, you're killing it :)

ninjagaijin

Not that anyone asked, but my Bowle is still in the limbo that is Canada Post.

Its a small thing for a company to do, to email you and let you know that they are as diligent on checking the tracking as you are, but Tafee is the first company that has ever done something like this for me! I've bought and returned plenty of things because Im a bit of a dingus, and companies are usually so cold and quick if you return things.

Bruno, or whoever is running the email correspondence, you're killing it :)

No reply to my email after 2 weeks (23 March 2021)

so expensive though and my lineup is full enough (for now)

Pretty damn expensive for something without a replaceable battery.

I'm hoping there is a sale soon. Current price is too high.

ninjagaijin,
Reactions: dimmusp

MonkeyTime

Sorry to hear your CS experience hasn't been the same as mine. I'm hoping my replacement unit is arriving tomorrow. They've been great to work with for me :shrug:

When some of the big hitters said that they had been testing it for almost a year, and that there was a collaborative effort with Jorge from MV, I figured it was a no brainer, even at that price. I think I was right, and mine probably never fully worked correctly. That says a little to me.

Was your email was about you being down under and a lack of support there? That might be a one time answer sorta subject if they did respond to the original email?

condition

You must ensure that your email is read by recipient. I use an email client with read receipts (a blue double check like whatapp) and I know when they read it, for example I have sent 3 emails to 2 different French retailers and none has been seen so I received no reply.

Price is on the high side, as some of the new and potent vapes, like Omnivap 2021 which together with a portable Induction Heater costs around $450. Nevertheless atm it is my favorite vaporizer

ninjagaijin

Sorry to hear your CS experience hasn't been the same as mine. I'm hoping my replacement unit is arriving tomorrow. They've been great to work with for me :shrug:

When some of the big hitters said that they had been testing it for almost a year, and that there was a collaborative effort with Jorge from MV, I figured it was a no brainer, even at that price. I think I was right, and mine probably never fully worked correctly. That says a little to me.

Was your email was about you being down under and a lack of support there? That might be a one time answer sorta subject if they did respond to the original email?
To clarify though, this was a sales/product inquiry correct? Not a support issue?

I asked about potential stockists in Australia, after a first email primarily interested in the lack of MSDS as requested and discussed here: https://vaporasylum.com/threads/tafée-bowle-material-safety.1323/
I feel like safety on such a device should be paramount and find the evasiveness to provide safety data on the materials concerning (for medical users this is important). I have many disabilities and am immuno-compromised so I don't want to make myself sicker.

I am not personally too worried about the material as I'm a noob to vapes and wouldn't even know what the concerns are. But the fact some people have concerns and they are not being addressed concerns me. Maybe the person's issue is actually a non-issue but it would be nice if they were being honest about the product since it costs a small fortune. Probably don't want another company to make the same thing for 1/3 price (which would probably be possible with these parts I'm guessing). I'm not trying to steal their ideas, I'm trying to make sure I am safe to use the dang thing. I'm probably being paranoid but that forum thread I posted freaked me out a little with the way the company is so averse to providing a material safety data sheet - something which should be available to people buying a device used for medical purposes.

I sent two emails. Seems I am in the 'ignored' pile, I have not received a single reply.

I've resent them from a different web host/account, forwarded with read receipt and delivery status notification on. Will see if get a response.

Perhaps someone here could summarise what the concerns raised in the vaporasylum thread actually are - are there alloys of steel that are more toxic than others to heat up and inhale?

You must ensure that your email is read by recipient. I use an email client with read receipts (a blue double check like whatapp) and I know when they read it, for example I have sent 3 emails to 2 different French retailers and none has been seen so I received no reply.

I use delivery status notification but not read receipt every time. I try to though. Resent to make sure received.
I think businesses should make sure they can receive emails..

Last edited:

Sn4Pz

I asked about potential stockists in Australia, after a first email primarily interested in the lack of MSDS as requested and discussed here: https://vaporasylum.com/threads/tafée-bowle-material-safety.1323/
I feel like safety on such a device should be paramount and find the evasiveness to provide safety data on the materials concerning (for medical users this is important). I have many disabilities and am immuno-compromised so I don't want to make myself sicker.

I am not personally too worried about the material as I'm a noob to vapes and wouldn't even know what the concerns are. But the fact some people have concerns and they are not being addressed concerns me. Maybe the person's issue is actually a non-issue but it would be nice if they were being honest about the product since it costs a small fortune. Probably don't want another company to make the same thing for 1/3 price (which would probably be possible with these parts I'm guessing). I'm not trying to steal their ideas, I'm trying to make sure I am safe to use the dang thing. I'm probably being paranoid but that forum thread I posted freaked me out a little with the way the company is so averse to providing a material safety data sheet - something which should be available to people buying a device used for medical purposes.

I sent two emails. Seems I am in the 'ignored' pile, I have not received a single reply.

I've resent them from a different web host/account, forwarded with read receipt and delivery status notification on. Will see if get a response.

Perhaps someone here could summarise what the concerns raised in the vaporasylum thread actually are - are there alloys of steel that are more toxic than others to heat up and inhale?

I use delivery status notification but not read receipt every time. I try to though. Resent to make sure received.
I agree with you in regards to the importance of the safety sheet, but at this point if I were to want another bowle, I think my worries could only be quelled by another third party test.

It doesn't make any sense to me, if this vape is ready for medical-tier production there would be no apparent reason to withhold the tests/data sheet. Right?

Its either tested and approved or not... and if its not then where did the idea of the bowle being medically certified come from? :shrug:

Sn4Pz,

arb

Semi shaved ape

Asking for the MSDS gets you straight to ignore with this company.........my experience also.
Weird with so many industry insiders involved?

ChooChooCharlie

Tafee-Bowle-Vaccine.jpg

ninjagaijin

Putting up with my Arizer EQ with ddave mods as my only vape atm. Not enjoying the 10-15 minute warm up times, or power waste while on but not in use between medications.

How long are you able to lightly use the unit for small drags/doses, making the pots last as long as possible having a hit every 10-15 minutes or so, before the battery dies? Depending on how often need to recharge running my Arizer for 10-15 minute warmups might actually be less of a hassle than regular 1+ hour recharges. I'm just wanting to use at home, around the house.

I hear Arizer EQ is around 75-80 watts power, so at least I don't have to feel super guilty about leaving it on for a few hours a day I guess.

What other on demand vapes for similar or lower price would people recommend to currently compete with the Tafee? It seems like this is a rare product that doesn't need a lot of cleaning or stirring, which sounds ideal.

Asking for the MSDS gets you straight to ignore with this company.........my experience also.
Weird with so many industry insiders involved?

What are some alloys they could be using which could be potentially harmful, or potentially containing unknown health risks?

It's interesting they didn't care about my sale at all. I guess they figure I'll just go with the hype and accept they don't care about potential customers. 2 year warranty, voided by replacing battery.

Also the wording on alcohol isn't great but I gather it is referring to alcohol fumes/vapour/spills that may damage the unit.
However the exact wording of the warranty basically says the warranty DOES NOT apply if the unit fails, for any reason, while you are drinking or serving others alcohol, regardless of spills.

The Warranty does not apply to any:
- Using the product while consuming or serving alcoholic beverages

A small thing but warranties shouldn't be hard to understand.

Last edited:
ninjagaijin,
Reactions: arb

MattyStee

Also the wording on alcohol isn't great but I gather it is referring to alcohol fumes/vapour/spills that may damage the unit.
However the exact wording of the warranty basically says the warranty DOES NOT apply if the unit fails, for any reason, while you are drinking or serving others alcohol, regardless of spills.

I sort of disagree with you here... I mean it kind of just smells of something thrown in there to cover their asses, right? First of all it's not alcohol that would do damage to circuitry, it's the water content in the alcoholic beverage. If you managed to short out your TB with an alcoholic drink then I doubt they'd be able to tell it was alcoholic by the time it gets to them. They're not going to send a sample to some lab to have it tested.

And as far as vague language alluding to voiding your warranty if you consume any alcohol in/above/near it... well you'd have to tell them, wouldn't you?

west-elec

Putting up with my Arizer EQ with ddave mods as my only vape atm. Not enjoying the 10-15 minute warm up times, or power waste while on but not in use between medications.

How long are you able to lightly use the unit for small drags/doses, making the pots last as long as possible having a hit every 10-15 minutes or so, before the battery dies? Depending on how often need to recharge running my Arizer for 10-15 minute warmups might actually be less of a hassle than regular 1+ hour recharges. I'm just wanting to use at home, around the house.

I hear Arizer EQ is around 75-80 watts power, so at least I don't have to feel super guilty about leaving it on for a few hours a day I guess.

What other on demand vapes for similar or lower price would people recommend to currently compete with the Tafee? It seems like this is a rare product that doesn't need a lot of cleaning or stirring, which sounds ideal.

What are some alloys they could be using which could be potentially harmful, or potentially containing unknown health risks?

It's interesting they didn't care about my sale at all. I guess they figure I'll just go with the hype and accept they don't care about potential customers. 2 year warranty, voided by replacing battery.

The Warranty does not apply to any:
- Using the product while consuming or serving alcoholic beverages

A small thing but warranties shouldn't be hard to understand.
This thing is new to the market and demand is very high. Don't let your feelings get hurt because they don't give you 100% attention, I am sure they are inundated with enquiries. Did I understand that tafee doesn't take U.S. orders anymore, presumably because they are developing a distributor network, POTV and others. So they will probably have Aus sellers but it has only been out a few months.
The alcohol warranty thing has been clarified to undiluted stronger alcohol will damage the acrylic cup and the puck is not waterproof so spills may damage. Also pissed people break things😄
I wouldn't sweat the heater material, portable on demand all use coil type tech but this is next level and designers have high pedigree.
I believe medical certification is ongoing and will be a slightly different variant to meet medical requirements. The Mighty has medical certification with aluminium bowl and plastic vapour path and electronics in airpath, so medical doesn't ensure 100% purity. Look at the elev8r for all glass vapour and air path if purity is a big concern.
You get 20 odd 20 second hits on level 3, and that means BIG hits. If you do 10 sec draws you might get 30 or more. If you hit every 15 mins that is 7.5 hours vaping on one battery.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I was getting around 18-22 draws per charge when it came through the door. After going through several full charge cycles I did a new count and got 27 draws. My understanding is that Li-ion batteries get stronger after 3 full cycles so I waited for the final testing till then. The test included various draw lengths while using it naturally and the usual temp stepping from the lowest level to the highest level to finish off a pot.

The battery life is the weak link here but my understanding is that the heater isn't engaged till the LED turns green so leaving it on for 10-15 minutes doesn't really tax the battery because the heater isn't pumping unless you're taking a hit.

Edit: After I had the Bowle for awhile I would occasionally get my first high of the day and then take a draw or two every now and then to top off the buzz. Easy to do because it's ready instantly and came in real handy when we had company who I couldn't always use in front of.

Last edited:
Top Bottom