Tafée Bowle

I still haven’t had any issues either. It’s been 3 months of regular usage.

I find this vape really excels with the smaller loads. I definitely get more even AVB when loading half full. The vapor production is still good and the effects are potent. And, as others have mentioned, the Bowle absolutely rips with a layer of kief thrown on top! I’ve gotten some super thick clouds that way.

cliffhanger1

i am very happy with my Bowles too :) At now my biggest love was the hopper io after having many many vapes.

but the Bowle i love at least the same like the hopper. the vape experience at all is unique to me. :bowdown:

if the price were not so high i maybe would order a 3nd device. in germany is the price 369 euro which makes 70 us dollar more and 90 candian dollar more than the price in canda

i had the money but for now it is me too much money and i think 2 devices must be enough !! VAS send his regards :wave:

btka

i am very happy with my Bowles too :) At now my biggest love was the hopper io after having many many vapes.

but the Bowle i love at least the same like the hopper. the vape experience at all is unique to me. :bowdown:

if the price were not so high i maybe would order a 3nd device. in germany is the price 369 euro which makes 70 us dollar more and 90 candian dollar more than the price in canda

i had the money but for now it is me too much money and i think 2 devices must be enough !! VAS send his regards :wave:
sounds like VAS... hahah... or do you want to give a bbq party/dinner where everyone has their own bowle... haha

BTW how long are your draws... I find you need really long draws (at least 12 seconds) to get good vapor... although I heared tafee recommends 6 sec. draws for efficency effect wise ;) but then vapor production is not so huge for me...

cliffhanger1

sounds like VAS... hahah... or do you want to give a bbq party/dinner where everyone has their own bowle... haha

BTW how long are your draws... I find you need really long draws (at least 12 seconds) to get good vapor... although I heared tafee recommends 6 sec. draws for efficency effect wise ;) but then vapor production is not so huge for me...
haha ;) no bbq party is planned :rofl:
i make not very long draws at all vapos, but by the bowle little longer, the first hit is little longer as the others. I estimate around an regular 10 seconds. but i will look of it by my next session
edit: first draw about 12-16 seconds, and the draws behind about 10-12 seconds

Edit:
I just want to say for others that I noticed that if the charging takes longer and the last lamp flashes longer that it is maybe actually already fully charged.
You notice that when you pull the cable out and plug it in again.
then it flashes 2 times which shows that it is actually already fully charged

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

Only $6.79 / box of 200 screens. Link on page 93
Sending these to Vito, nice parting gift to go with each Bowle
1-K-Bowle-screens.jpg

Brought this no-clean idea up in a recent vapefiend stream, and he thought it was a bad idea from an environmental view. One little half inch screen per week or so? And, the energy and material used to produce screens must be quite small, or it would be reflected in the price. I feel wasting water and iso, especially in places like AZ and CA is worse

No data to back up my claim, just a gut feel. Screens get clogged rather quickly at my pace. Stem itself can wait a couple months. I hate cleaning, hate smelling iso and rinsing and drying. If I were disabled or in pain, think I'd hate cleaning those pot screens even more

androponic

vaped.
Only $6.79 / box of 200 screens. Link on page 93
Sending these to Vito, nice parting gift to go with each Bowle
1-K-Bowle-screens.jpg

Brought this no-clean idea up in a recent vapefiend stream, and he thought it was a bad idea from an environmental view. One little half inch screen per week or so? And, the energy and material used to produce screens must be quite small, or it would be reflected in the price. I feel wasting water and iso, especially in places like AZ and CA is worse

No data to back up my claim, just a gut feel. Screens get clogged rather quickly at my pace. Stem itself can wait a couple months. I hate cleaning, hate smelling iso and rinsing and drying. If I were disabled or in pain, think I'd hate cleaning those pot screens even more
got a 500 bag of them myself, great idea i say!

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
"I really cannot understand why people love it so much? "

In response to @Vapefanatic, question from another thread. I hope that's fine.

The Taffee bowle is a special vaporizer for me, its the first vaporizer that made me stop being so closed minded on vaping via water tools.
I have been using water tools for almost 10 years now, but since my TP has arrived I barely used them.
I also find it so easy to use, even easier than the TM, and it works so damn well, at least as good as the TM (My go to out and about) with little to no effort. Easy to clean as well...can barely get clogged.
My Wife has been using Solo 2 for a while, but really wants to use the Bowle now, she feels comfortable asking for it, unlike with the TM where I also feel less comfortable with her using it :p
And while the battery is not that good, I like the fact that I can charger it like a smartphone, and I charge it after every use, even if its only 1 bowl, so while not perfect for every situation, its good enough for a dinner or a party IMO. I do wish they had an extra removable battery pack like with the Ghost MV1.
So, if all of that is not enough of a reason to love this vaporizer, then I present to you the final argument and the most brilliant part of the Bowle.
The cup.
For the last few days I didn't care to use it because I gotten the Tetra P80, and when I came back to the Bowle, it didn't feel quite the same, perhaps boring?, but when I inserted the cup and poured some cold soda water, I realized what makes this one so damn amazing.
This experience is like no other, its riveting! it forces me to drink when I don't usually do, it makes me excited just to go for another bowl with a fresh bubbly cold cup and its just so pleasant to take a sip right after a good hit. I can argue that this is the true purpose of vaping with water and not water bongs. It can be used in several different social engagements, I already took to it a session in the studio and to a BBQ party.
It is a revolution in the way we see and use our vaporizers.
I was skeptical at first, so I can understand why some still don't see it, but for me, it a historical machine.
Shout out to Bruno which I don't actually know but I just love the energy that he present in the interviews I saw.

I love this!

Last edited:

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I think you have missed vapecritics main point, one should read his entire rant instead of responding to one excerpt.

And yes tbh this device is going backwards in vape developemnt.

No. I should not, he asked why people loved it, and I shared my love for the vape. The post would still be valid without directly responding to him, as I would have done anyway.

Going backwards? what do you mean? you think this hurts the vape industry?

condition

I have TB for around a month. After the first 10 days, it is my favorite. At the moment I am using it all the time, more than all other vapes combined. What I like is: the best taste I found so far (at least with my herbs which are found also commonly in Amsterdam - not the very top self Cali/US), the best unrestricted draw with rewarding sound, and of course the fast readiness, simple operation and effectiveness.

On the other side, if I was on the market for one vaporizer, a single vaporizer to help me quit combustion or to upgrade from an old vaporizer, I wouldn't choose TB, as it's not that portable with underperforming battery, has big volume to put in a pocket, there are not easily accessible accessories and to change the battery you may need to send continents away.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I think you have missed vapecritics main point, one should read his entire rant instead of responding to one excerpt.

I think you made a typo, you don't mean the vape critic do you? Anyway below is VF's full rant, which obviously @m0sh read as he chose to respond to one of his questions here, instead of continuing off topic in the thread it was posted in??

Can you share what you like more about TB vs TM? I'm genuinely curious. The TB is the vape that I use the least. I stopped using it after 7-10 days of use. Literally have not touched it since. Have not even had the urge to look at it once. Among my recent collection, it is my least favorite.

I'm not someone who sells my vapes. Don't even return them. I just like a collection. But if I'm ever forced to sell one, it'll be the TB without even hesitating.

The TB does shine when used dry but that's the only advantage I can think of. The outstanding dry hits unfortunately is it's weakness too because it can only be used dry? Add in the non replaceable battery and battery life, occasional quirks with auto mode, no wpa, terrible grinder quality and exorbitant price, I really cannot understand why people love it so much?

I'm not trying to argue with anyone though so if anyone starts anything, to the ignore list you go LOL!

^since this post is all about the TB, makes more sense for it to be here, and I'm sure by having the full post here, many more people will reply to it with their own feelings on the TB... For example I love mine because it is quick and effective and simple and consistent for me! Flaws pretty minor...

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, be it negative or positive or a mixture of both of course... If anyone wants a discussion that is more TB versus TM, I guess there really should be a thread for that in ask FC?

And yes tbh this device is going backwards in vape developemnt.

I would also be curious to hear more elaboration on this statement, because as someone who follows all the vaporizers being released over the years, this is far from my own impression based off my own experience with the Tafée Bowle...

Last edited:

NimChimpsky

For me, the TB certainly isn't as versatile as many other vapes (ex: TM) - in the sense that there's no wpa, 1 stem type option, non replaceable batteries with meh life, 4 preset temps with less range, not really pocketable, no 3P accessories/stems/etc. (though Tafée will surely come out with more accessories/wpa/etc. and im hopeful some 3P accessory makers like D3DS will start making some things soon).

That said, to me, this is all made up for by it being such an incredibly efficient, consistent, easy to use and pleasant medicating device. Like I just pop some herb in the pot, press a button and seconds later super cloudy, tasty vapor that is Never harsh or bad tasting. Blow out the herb, quick brush and the pot is just as clean as before the session. I pretty much only use 2 pots and I think I've only cleaned the screens twice and clean the stem every week or 2, 3 min iso scrub. No glass to worry about breaking, nor screen placement issues, etc. Just dead simple and easy to use with great flavor every time. I especially love it for when I'm focusing on something else (like reading or watching a movie etc.) and don't want a very involved vape process, just get me high without me having to think or pay attention to careful stem/screen placement or glass falling over..

Like I said earlier, I think this would be the first portable I'd get if I had to start over, but if I could only have 1 portable.. it might be something with more versatility. I really love my TM too, but these aren't super comparable devices imo.

I'd too like to see a wpa and a battery attachment, but the TB is a real winner in my book.

Last edited:

cliffhanger1

If i am right Tafee says that the Bowle has 12.000 loading cycles.

If that is true means that the the Battery life is over 16 years by loading it 2 times a day.

I cant imagine that that is true, But I don't want to question it !!!

And if it is true it is very good for me and then it would make up for it that i only get 3.5 sessions per load

JCat

Accessory Maker
If i am right Tafee says that the Bowle has 12.000 loading cycles.

If that is true means that the the Battery life is over 16 years by loading it 2 times a day.

I cant imagine that that is true, But I don't want to question it !!!

And if it is true it is very good for me and then it would make up for it that i only get 3.5 sessions per load
Those of us who vape 15-20 bowls a day though ... would then be only 1.6 - 2.1 years, so I hope it would be a little better than that or they at least offer battery service!!

Edit: (and 15-20 is probably conservative ... I think today's been a pretty light to moderate usage day, and I'm at close to 20 bowls/dabs and its not even 4)

cliffhanger1

Those of us who vape 15-20 bowls a day though ... would then be only 1.6 - 2.1 years, so I hope it would be a little better than that or they at least offer battery service!!

Edit: (and 15-20 is probably conservative ... I think today's been a pretty light to moderate usage day, and I'm at close to 20 bowls/dabs and its not even 4)
when you use the Bowle for 20 sessions a day, and one battery loading were 4 sessions. you must load it 5 times a day. i cant imagine that anybody loads it so often when having only one device. maybe if someone vapes 20 sessions a day he is using more than one vape i think, or more than only one Tafee Bowle with this bad Battery

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I'm glad I don't have your tolerance @JCat .... I definitely couldn't afford it.

I do 2 bowls per day and need 4 or 5 hits per high/session. One bowl for the day and one bowl for the evening is all I need.

Maybe the above has something to do with why I'm still knee deep in my TB honeymoon.

condition

TB isn't for the heavy duty user. It's impossible to vape serious weight with this constant need for recharging. I found it better for small amounts of herbs high in THC content, definitely not for joint/share usage. In view of the stem construction and if the capsule is not fully loaded, vapor does not smell also, a big + for me.

cliffhanger1

understand i am right that you will have a Battery with more than 12.000 loading cycles? :rofl:
if i had so much money i would also vape 20 sessions a day ;) and also a doctor who prescribes so much for me

Last edited:

jbm

I like the TB. I use mine frequently. I don’t have a problem with the battery, and I like the cup. But I think it’s not really aimed at the type of enthusiast who frequents this board, as evinced by the total befuddlement of so many members here. “Who wants a CUP on a vape? Why can’t I hook it up to a bong? The battery won’t support 50 bowls a day!” I’ve been using vaporizers for a couple years now I think, and I continue to be surprised at what crappy customer service people in this space are willing to accept in the name of “innovation.” The Tinymight, which I own and like, had abysmal customer service for a long time. Waits of over a month to get the device were common. Members bent over backwards to handwave CS which would have been completely unacceptable elsewhere. But “bitchin’ vape, dude” and you could run it through water. TM could have sold even more units if they’d planned for good CS from the get go. Now we act like they’re geniuses because they’ve got shipping down to a week. The product is not the entire business.
And this is the thing. We are not Tafees market. Tafee, I think, is trying to expand the market beyond hobbyists. Weed is slowly becoming legal in many places in the US. There’s an enormous potential market out there, and many of those people are just going to want something they can take a couple hits off in the evening. If there’s also a cold drink in it, all the better. It’s a weed koozie. They’re not going to get VAS, they’re not going to obsess over hooking up a bong and a whip. Rightly or wrongly, they associate that sort of thing with stoner hippies. That market is not as big as we think it is, and it’s already showing signs of saturation. I think Tafee is trying to become the Apple of vaporizers, a simple, easy to use device that gets people medicated without endless modding and dicking around with it. The things that many people here complain about with regards to the TB would be features, not bugs for the majority of people.

Last edited:

JCat

Accessory Maker
understand i am right that you will have a Battery with more than 12.000 loading cycles? :rofl:
if i had so much money i would also vape 20 sessions a day ;) and also a doctor who prescribes so much for me
It's not about money ... 20-30 sessions per day is about what makes sense for me (.1g sessions is 2-3g per day ... definitely a heavier user, but I know and have known much heavier ... :lol: )

Trying to conserve so that I only go through 1-2g per day (instead of 2-3), causes me WAY more anxiety and other issues that it's just not worth it to save a few thousand a year.

I don't have issues by the way with the battery capacity for regular usage. The TB has no problems doing 20-30 bowls per day if you are around a charger, and I haven't had it run out of juice while I wanted it yet.

And the reality is, this won't be my only vape, so I'm sure the battery will be good for many years; and if it only lasted 2 years as my main vape, I wouldn't be overly upset with that, seems reasonable, and I hope (and would guess), that Tafee will offer a battery replacement service.

Top Bottom