Tafée Bowle

staircase slight of hand

Eventually, I'm going to have to clean that gasket, and it seems like a design flaw that the screen is so particular.
After more than two months using the Bowle as my daily driver, my gasket looks basically identical to when I received it. Maybe I’m just more fastidious than many when it comes to keeping my pots clean and not over-stuffed, but I honestly can’t imagine needing to clean the gasket more than once a year or so. And the heater screen... it’s not hard to just leave it alone? While the Bowle is technically a “portable vape” and I can sort of understand folks wanting it to put up with a bit of abuse for that reason, it’s also a piece of precision electronics and will obviously fare best when not dropped off tables or jabbed in the heater with a q-tip.

Last edited:

3migo

Is this a...what day is this?
After more than two months using the Bowle as my daily driver, my gasket looks basically identical to when I received it. Maybe I’m just more fastidious than many when it comes to keeping my pots clean and not over-stuffed, but I honestly can’t imagine needing to clean the gasket more than once a year or so.
That's good to hear, sets my mind at ease a bit. I've been careful to only pack my pots to about 3/4 full and make sure the rim of the pots are clear of any plant matter, to prevent anything from getting on the gasket/screen.

Has Tafee spoken about the screen issue? I trust that they would honor their warranty if necessary, but it'd definitely be a bummer to ship back to Canada to have it repaired.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
That's good to hear, sets my mind at ease a bit. I've been careful to only pack my pots to about 3/4 full and make sure the rim of the pots are clear of any plant matter, to prevent anything from getting on the gasket/screen.

Has Tafee spoken about the screen issue? I trust that they would honor their warranty if necessary, but it'd definitely be a bummer to ship back to Canada to have it repaired.

Yeah for what it's worth, I have the same concerns as you and try to be cautious, but occasionally I do want to pack a tall bowl, or I'm unable to clear a hit completely, and I do want to use my finger to brush a crumb by the gasket... But I am careful not to touch the screen, and have had no issues with mine since Christmas arrival at least!

Texus

Yeah, I'm not seeing the heater screen being too much of an issue in threads I've been following. Nothing should be touching it and barring an event that knocks it loose, should require little attention.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I wonder how much cleaning could be done by maybe using a vacuum cleaner with the temp set to level 4 .... maybe attach that vacuum intake to the outside of the port the stem slides into? I think it would clear any dust. I'd be more worried about how much force it could take that way. What could possibly go wrong? :D

I think the screen will take a good long while to require any real maintenance since the force and temp is downward ...... so I wouldn't expect a lot of reclaim to build up quickly if at all and AVB could just be sucked out.

Time will tell....

ChooChooCharlie

a vacuum sounds like risky business, might dislodge screen or sensor -- it's sensitive up in that area
vacuum-cleaning.jpg

I'd prefer a blow job instead, maybe a lens squeeze bulb

Notacaveman

I've ignored this device since it came out tbh, I just don't really like the form factor and lack of replaceable cells. I've been so impressed by my second hand tinymight I was just about to pull the trigger on a new one and have my current one as a backup, I love it's form factor and I already have a bunch of 18650's and external charger so it really seems perfect for me.
Buuuut now I've found myself in this thread out of curiosity more than anything, and I'm considering the bowle over a new tinymight, could anyone that owns both compare the performance of the two briefly?
Also, are people worried about the lifespan of the battery? How many years/bowls do you think it'd be good for, would be nice if there was a battery replacement service like other devices provide.

Djsleepy

I've ignored this device since it came out tbh, I just don't really like the form factor and lack of replaceable cells. I've been so impressed by my second hand tinymight I was just about to pull the trigger on a new one and have my current one as a backup, I love it's form factor and I already have a bunch of 18650's and external charger so it really seems perfect for me.
Buuuut now I've found myself in this thread out of curiosity more than anything, and I'm considering the bowle over a new tinymight, could anyone that owns both compare the performance of the two briefly?
Also, are people worried about the lifespan of the battery? How many years/bowls do you think it'd be good for, would be nice if there was a battery replacement service like other devices provide.
As far as comparing the too, it’s like night and day. The Bowle is super clean convection; the high is very crisp, lighter feeling than TM’s kaboom it offers. The Bowle is super cool vapor and is sometimes undetectable until you start to cough! The TM is what I use when I’m charging my Bowle. That’s all that’s in my rotation. It’s the best of both worlds!

re: battery - I have ran over 800 pots so far on mine and it’s moving right along! I’m hopeful Tafee will offer battery replacement for a small fee!

Notacaveman

As far as comparing the too, it’s like night and day. The Bowle is super clean convection; the high is very crisp, lighter feeling than TM’s kaboom it offers. The Bowle is super cool vapor and is sometimes undetectable until you start to cough! The TM is what I use when I’m charging my Bowle. That’s all that’s in my rotation. It’s the best of both worlds!

re: battery - I have ran over 800 pots so far on mine and it’s moving right along! I’m hopeful Tafee will offer battery replacement for a small fee!
Thanks for weighing in man! I'm supposed to be working but I've just been reading about the bowle the past couple of hours 🙃
It's a goer I reckon, I tried to ignore it but there's too just many people saying good things about it.
I'm trying to slim down my vapes to just a couple of on demand portables and something heavy for the evenings, and the bowle looks like the device to beat in the on demand portables category atm.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

About the Battery: Operating life-7000 hours, Service life-12,000 cycles

BestBuds

The Dude
Thanks for weighing in man! I'm supposed to be working but I've just been reading about the bowle the past couple of hours 🙃
It's a goer I reckon, I tried to ignore it but there's too just many people saying good things about it.
I'm trying to slim down my vapes to just a couple of on demand portables and something heavy for the evenings, and the bowle looks like the device to beat in the on demand portables category atm.
I have both. You should too. I also have 2 TMs :rofl: :mental:
The Bowlé is different enough to justify the purchase. To me the TB is cooler and gives a more pure flavor of your herb, it's like vaping extract. But the battery is a weak link.

Djsleepy

Personally I believe you’re correct! I think the two will make you a happy consumer!

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I too dislike the Bowle's goofy (to me) acrylic cup design, aluminum vapor path, small battery, and limited preset temps and have had less trouble holding off, especially given the $300 price.

I am however considering a backup Tinymight. If you haven't done so I recommend trying the TM on a dimpled j-hook: getting the steel cooling unit out of the vapor path makes a big difference in its flavor potential.

Bazinga

I have both. I like the Tinymight better. Replaceable battery, adjustable dosage, form factor, glass stem, vapor production , etc. is why I like it better. However, quality control and customer service is still an issue. I had problems with one of my TMs. It was hell for about 2 months. I finally trashed it I was not receiving any response from TM. However after 2 months, TM did provide great service as they eventually sent me a new one.

For me, the Bowle works well. The cup is a waste for me as I prefer a bottle of water (or beer) to accompany me. The battery needs to be charged frequently and it takes about an hour to fully charge. Nothing like replacing a battery in a few seconds. The heater on number one produces no vapor. I start on 2, move to 3, and take the last hit on 4. The vapor never really bothers my throat, however, it's not as satisfying as my TM.

These comments are, of course, subjective. I'm sure others may disagree. At the end of the day, if I were to purchase another device, between the Bowle and the TM, it would surely be a TM.

Mr. Me2

I agree with your cleaning. When I empty a finished pot, I also look at the gasket on it. Occasionally there will be a crumb or 2. I always make sure the gasket and surrounding area is clean of crumbs to help with a consistent seal.

guyonthecouch

The heater on number one produces no vapor.

These comments are, of course, subjective.
It does take one or two initial draws to prime the material(little to no vapor) but it definitely produces vapor on number one. Try using a half full pot and take long steady draws.

One of the better low heat experiences I've come across.

Shit Snacks

I fill the pots to capacity. I wonder if I use less if I will get more vapor. Certainly worth a try.

Oh yeah, do not fill them full, at most 3/4 full is best, but definitely try half! However if I am loading like a quarter full, I will typically start on level two or three... If you do a 3/4 full bowl at level 1, you should see nice thick flavorful clouds, take long deep inhales and just milk that setting til vapors/you fade!

Mr. Me2

Oh yeah, do not fill them full, at most 3/4 full is best, but definitely try half! However if I am loading like a quarter full, I will typically start on level two or three... If you do a 3/4 full bowl at level 1, you should see nice thick flavorful clouds, take long deep inhales and just milk that setting til vapors/you fade!
To clarify your filling method, do you fill it 3/4 and then tamp? Or is the 3/4 full after light tamping?

Shit Snacks

To clarify your filling method, do you fill it 3/4 and then tamp? Or is the 3/4 full after light tamping?

Tamping depends on the grind, if it's 3/4 full I don't really tamp, just tap it a bit to self tamp, and if it's a quarter full I might do more tamp than I would at half full, like with a tool instead of gentle pinky... And yeah how fine or chunky the grind is a factor, the more coarse the grind the less I will tamp... but if it is more medium fine and I am filling more full, then I will also tamp less in that scenario... if that makes sense? Honestly my tamping is not so consistent nor frequent. Oh also depends how dirty my screen is, tamping can make it dirtier faster, so don't want to do it too much with a clean screen, although tamp can also provide more draw restriction, so yeah tamping for a consistent medium grind mainly when loading a quarter full to hit twice or thrice at three and four??

Top Bottom