Tafée Bowle

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
😁 I said it's not a con with this vape!

However I have quickly noticed an issue which has caught my attention, of which I must ask if others are experiencing.

42-D5-E1-A9-B133-4670-8-BD7-BE40-C750-EAC3.jpg

It appears I'm getting some metal on metal abrasion from inserting the stem into the puck. It looks to be isolated to this one side, so perhaps there is a tolerance issue here? I don't feel any physical resistance, but it is visually apparent. There's only like 4 charges on it so it's not like I've ran 1000 bowls through it. I’ve reached out to the owner to pass along to Tafee CS, but felt I should ask the room if anyone else has noticed this or if it’s an abnormality.
No abrasions on mine on either the insertion point or on the stem.

Saw some mentions that the Bowle doesn't make for a good one hitter and I'm kinda on the fence here. After I had been using it for awhile I noticed that I would take my usual 4 draws to get happy and then, sporadically, without giving much thought to it.... I'd take two good, long draws and that would be more than enough to top off my buzz. I'm riding the fence on the one hitter aspect because if I take those two draws at level 2, the first draw of the two is pretty cloudy and the second one is a crusher.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
:)) Nice review @invertedisdead , love the analysis . I've learned in time that i have a very different standards for heavy and clean than others ,i bet is the same for many.
Maybe they can add a pass-trough heating from the wall like the Solo to solve the battery life issue ? Anyway wireless charger sounds great,how about wireless passtrough ,lol...

ChooChooCharlie

However I have quickly noticed an issue which has caught my attention, of which I must ask if others are experiencing.

It appears I'm getting some metal on metal abrasion from inserting the stem into the puck. It looks to be isolated to this one side, so perhaps there is a tolerance issue here? I don't feel any physical resistance, but it is visually apparent. There's only like 4 charges on it so it's not like I've ran 1000 bowls through it. I’ve reached out to the owner to pass along to Tafee CS, but felt I should ask the room if anyone else has noticed this or if it’s an abnormality.

Looked in port hole, my scuffing is on the bottom. Sparkly silver toned finish coating does not seem durable enough to withstand metal against metal abrasion. Seen this before on other coated metal devices. I'm not concerned, it's outside the vapor path, and you wouldn't notice unless looking for it

bowle-skid-marks.jpg

I also made an exterior scuff scar myself by dropping it

justvapeit420

Are there any other chargers that are compatible? I know the manual says to use the one it came with, but I'm curious why? I don't know enough about batteries/chargers.

justvapeit420,

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Heads up to any Canadian's thinking about buying, especially if you have a PO box you normally ship to. All tafée deliveries are through Fed Ex and are free, there are other options you can select during check out but those are incorrect and not valid. All deliveries must be made to a physical address and there's no Canada Post option for those with PO boxes. I wanted Canada Post delivery because if had numerous problems with delivery services where I live and I just prefer mail but that's not a option so I guess I just have to suffer through faster delivery then ground mail lol #firstworldproblems

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker

My Bowle is not showing any scratches like yours do, but it has the same marks that @ChooChooCharlie has on his vape.
I'm curious, what does the side of the stem look like, what is causing those marks?
If I had to guess the bottom plate on the stem is not centered properly and is sticking out. If that's the case maybe try to unscrew it and replace properly if possible.

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
My apologies for putting words in your mouth

No foul mate, I’m just busting your Bowles! :spliff:

Now where’d I put my bowleing shoes.....

Looked in port hole, my scuffing is on the bottom. Sparkly silver toned finish coating does not seem durable enough to withstand metal against metal abrasion. Seen this before on other coated metal devices. I'm not concerned, it's outside the vapor path, and you wouldn't notice unless looking for it

bowle-skid-marks.jpg

I also made an exterior scuff scar myself by dropping it

Roger that!

At first I thought the metal parts were bead blasted or something, but now I think maybe it's really more of a finish coating as you note, that just makes it appear to look blasted?

My Bowle is not showing any scratches like yours do, but it has the same marks that @ChooChooCharlie has on his vape.
I'm curious, what does the side of the stem look like, what is causing those marks?
If I had to guess the bottom plate on the stem is not centered properly and is sticking out. If that's the case maybe try to unscrew it and replace properly if possible.

The stem itself doesn't show any wear on that side. But I think you are spot on - when looking at the stem from the side I didn't really see anything sticking out, but when looking from the top down, I can see that the "foot" is not quite centered and sticking out a little bit on the right side. That must be what's causing the contact, will grab a hex wrench and try to straighten that out!

Last night I filled the cup with some lemonade and brought it into the kitchen while I prepared some stuffed shells - this vape did really well in the kitchen. Since it stands upright you don't really have to grab anything, just a quick double click and you're puffing.

Going straight to level 4 tonight, this one was pretty close to a one hitter, and probably gave me the best flavor I have gotten off the Bowle yet :sherlock:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
...and within hours, not days, I got my shipping notice!

while I obsess over shipment tracking, does the TB need a burn off or cleaning before first use?
I did start a burn-off but after a couple high temp back to back draws there was no smell or taste so I stopped.

I did soak the mouthpieces in hot tap water till the water cooled, gave them a good rinse and then dried them out with paper towel and a blow dryer. I don't know if this was necessary because I didn't catch any taste/smells beforehand and haven't seen any silicone complaints other than AFTER it had been used awhile which I think might have been attributed to use/saliva.

ENJOY!!!!!

For me, what would improve portability would be if there were some lids for the pots so that I could transport a stack of pots loaded. The Potter is awesome for loading, but IMO less ideal for transport.

I didn't think about lids for the pots but I am hoping for a carrying case for loaded pots...

give the consumer/public choices that Vaporizer Enthusiasts have found worthy enough to build 50+ page threads around!
Keep your eyes open for each "Flavor of the Month" and on occasion you'll find a Tafée Bowle!

I was overwhelmed by all the vapes out there as I had never vaped flower before and there is such a myriad of devices. I came here (to FC) specifically for guidance from Enthusiasts (with tons of vapes in their siggys). The 3 vapes I was considering were quickly shot down by said Enthusiasts and I was pointed to the Bowle. I'm so grateful for their suggestion and all the reviews on this thread. I didn't have to buy twenty different vapes to find an awesome one!

Just placed my order! Can’t wait to join this club!!!

Yes!! I can't wait to hear how you like it!

LOL. The downward stem does promote drool.. I am conscious about this and tend to tilt the cup like I am drinking when I use Bowle.

I read the recommendation to lift it to your mouth as if you were drinking, so puck tilted up and stem perpendicular to the floor. Can't remember if it was in one of the manuals or a review....

Top Bottom