Tafée Bowle

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Zong effect and folding back and forth would give lots of area to cool- BUT I would hate the cleaning... anyone remember what a PIA the Plenty whip was to clean and dry out?
Maybe they can make the airpath modular for easy cleaning,maybe even sell extra segmens ,that would give the option for the user to build an airpath with shape and length of his linking :)),i can imagine some people building whole labyrinths,but I would rather like to see an all glass vaporpath. Is the current vaporpath aluminum + silicone ?
The heater tech and control seems what is most interesting about this device, let hope to see it incorporated in something palm-able with a replaceable 18650.

mephisto

Only getting 1 oven, 3 sessions from a battery charge
Since receiving the Bowle, the battery life has gotten extremely worse.
Starting at 2 for 2 draws, turn off. Turn on, hit 3 times at level 3. I might get 1 more draw from the device before it defaults to low power lights.
Help! Love this thing, but........
It did get a full charge before first use.
I understand the power cell is limited, but this is f'n ridiculous.

Djsleepy

Starting at 2 for 2 draws, turn off. Turn on, hit 3 times at level 3. I might get 1 more draw from the device before it defaults to low power lights.
Have down the reset that @stickstones put up a few days ago?

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

I'm getting way more draws than that per charge up. I usually don't test battery life on a vape till I've had 3 full charges because I read somewhere that Li-ion batteries may not reach their peak capacity until there has been 3 full charges..... but even on the first full charge I was getting more than what you're getting. The second full charge I got 17-18 draws and the third full charge I got 21-22.

If after trying the following you don't get a result closer to what me and others are experiencing I'd contact customer support:
1. Press both the power select and fire buttons together quickly 5 times. The puck will only power on again after connected to charge cable.

2. When charging, if charge is too slow, remove the cable, wait about 10 seconds and reinsert the cable.. sometimes the battery trickle charges and needs to be disconnected and reconnected for the charging chip to recognize fast charging.

3. Finally, even when the battery indicates it's fully charged when plugged in to charge by indicating four solid blue lights or no lights indicating charging.... Unplug and reconnect the charger to make sure the battery is full indicated by "four flashing blue lights". If 4 blue doesn't flash when the charge cable is reinserted, then the battery is still only 80% charged and slowly trickle charging the remaining 20%. Unplug and reconnect to reset the charge until you confirm 4 flashing lights when the charge cable is removed and reconnected.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Will do right away, thanks so much for the
support @His_Highness !

Good luck!!!!!!

@Shit Snacks - Thanks for the tip on temp level 1. Tried it last night....flavor lasted longer and got some decent draws before temp stepping. Not sure level 1 will be a goto for me normally but it will definitely be my first stop with a new strain I want to taste test.

Rab

Forgive me if I sound scrambled, I'm fighting a wicked migraine. My Bowle-bowle-bowle (say it like Austin Powers would) was put to the test on its first day home. No screwing around here, I needed relief and it didn't disappoint. I got home from Costco (note to self: make better choices) so I figured I'd make use of the raspberries I bought and I tossed a few into ice water and then loaded up a bowle of Charlotte's Angel (CBD flower).

The heat up time is fast, very fast. I started at temp 1 with a couple draws, moved to 2 for another two or three draws and up to 3 to finish it off. I did roughly the same for another bowl, then some Wedding Cake and back to Charlotte's Angel for my 4th. There is a bit of a hot spot after my hits on temp 2 but one stir mid session is all I needed to fix that (the manual recommends stirring).

The Bowle is no slouch in the extraction department. My AVB was dark, there were definitely no green spots like some convection vapes. This vape pumps out vapor save the first super terpy draw on temp 1.

There's some funky technology going on inside these units. I noticed the draw restriction changing during my draws especially if I drew hard which turned the green "ready" LED off and increased the resistance. I need to monitor that more closely as on my last 2 draws the heater kicked out but I immediately restarted and had long draws so that may have been something on my end. Hell I could have imagined the whole thing for all I know, migraines mess me up. My garage is a fairly cold right now so the max acceptable draw speeds were very adequate especially considering the lower ambient temperature.

The stir tool on mine doesn't allow my device to sit completely flat, there's a little wobble, does anyone else notice that? Seems like I need 3 more tools to even it out :D .

My battery was reading 25% when I checked it after finishing the 4th bowl but a minute later it was at 50% (a little voltage sag I presume) so I'm hoping I could get at least another couple bowls before it died. This is the first charge so I'll give it a few cycles to settle before I make a call.

The cup is awesome but I'll have to watch what I load in so I don't cover the status LED's. I could still see them through reflections in the cup itself or if I tipped the device but I'll make sure I go crushed ice next time and less fruit (if that's the route I go) at least until I become more familiar with how it works. Having a beverage right on top of the puck is awesome, and I've been thinking about strain and beverage pairings and how much it will add to the experience. Nothing wrong with flat water either but the cup must be used imo.

More testing coming shortly.
Thanks for the review, it looks like a really efficient satisfying and therapeutic device to use that gives you a lot of control. I really like the glass, it makes it all the more pretty and discreet. Maybe a winter edition with a built in drink warmer would be an idea! haha.

Alexis

Thanks for the review, it looks like a really efficient satisfying and therapeutic device to use that gives you a lot of control. I really like the glass, it makes it all the more pretty and discreet. Maybe a winter edition with a built in drink warmer would be an idea! haha.
Good suggestion. I'm still waiting for the one with free energy and an anti-gravity walking stick lol.

Djsleepy

my screen was visibly 1/8" lower on one side and almost touching the sensor under it.
Yea mine is same way if you hold puck upside down looking at heater it was right side facing me. I thought I just barely brushed it but must have been more force than I thought. Ok so when you remove screen doesn’t that disconnect sensor ? It definitely affecting my performance,

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
If you have to clean the screen of the heater you should use the brush that comes with the Bowle. When I cleaned mine I used a Storz and Bickel brush out of habit, but the bristles on the Bowle brush are more soft and I think it might prevent the screen from moving when cleaning. So don't put a lot of pressure on the screen and use a brush with soft bristles, it might save you a lot of headaches.

Djsleepy

If you have to clean the screen of the heater you should use the brush that comes with the Bowle. When I cleaned mine I used a Storz and Bickel brush out of habit, but the bristles on the Bowle brush are more soft and I think it might prevent the screen from moving when cleaning. So don't put a lot of pressure on the screen and use a brush with soft bristles, it might save you a lot of headaches.
With little to no force..... this screen is very thin and flexible making it easy to push in on accident. I personally would try to blow first. It’s not worth messing up screen imo

and this caused my performance to go to crap; I am up and running but like @The Chemist said it took several tedious tries.

Last edited:

The Chemist

The problem is that this screen helps to spread the heat coming from the heater evenly on the cup so if you have one side that's lower than the other you're gonna have a hot spot for sure. Even now after resetting mine I have one side that get dark faster than the other and I don't remember if it was like that before, nothing a little stirring can't take care off. In the end I don't think the overall quality of the vapor have changed since I've reset the screen

Bazinga

Still not convinced on this device. Trying to hold off purchasing. The performance , size, etc. of my Tinymight serves my needs. If only the damn thing wasn't so temperamental. If only there was fast and adequate support, I wouldn't have any desire or need for a replacement. I simply want a TM that is reliable.

I would also really like to pass this fu**ing kidney stone.

SquirrelMaster

Has anyone tried to charge the bowle using another charger ?
I meant to answer this before; I had with no issues using an Aukey 18W QC3.0 charger I picked up a few months ago for a couple charges. Any quick charge 3.0 compatible chargers should be fine as they output 12V-1.5A, 9V-2A, 5V-3A on USB A. I mention USB-A because that Aukey charger has a USB-C port as well so if for some reason you had a USB-C to USB-Micro cord you don't get 12V-1.5A so I would expect charge time to lengthen.

arb

Semi shaved ape
Still not convinced on this device. Trying to hold off purchasing. The performance , size, etc. of my Tinymight serves my needs. If only the damn thing wasn't so temperamental. If only there was fast and adequate support, I wouldn't have any desire or need for a replacement. I simply want a TM that is reliable.

I would also really like to pass this fu**ing kidney stone.
The stone will pass though it may seem at times it won't.........the other I wouldn't hold my breath on.
😂
Is the screen necessary or just there in case you blow back into the unit?

The Chemist

The stone will pass though it may seem at times it won't.........the other I wouldn't hold my breath on.
😂
Is the screen necessary or just there in case you blow back into the unit?
The screen must protect the heater from blow back for sure and it also protect the sensor that's right behind the screen. The sensor is only a thin wire that would be too easy to break if there wasn't something in front of it for protection. Also the screen help to spread out the heat and since it's so close to the sensor I wonder if the vape would behave the same if you remove the screen completely.

Bazinga

I'll never get rid of it, but I am only using my p80 about once a day, I am just finding the bowle more satisfying and heavier medicating.
YMMV.

Bazinga... jump in! This is not a temperamental design, it is form and function.
Your remarks about reduction of P80 usage and your inclination towards the Bowle is telling. I really like my P80. I wonder if anyone feels the same way about their TM vs the Bowle. I am happy with the performance of the TM (I still have one that works). Wonder if they would take my kidney stone in trade for the Bowle.

Ripstar

Your remarks about reduction of P80 usage and your inclination towards the Bowle is telling. I really like my P80. I wonder if anyone feels the same way about their TM vs the Bowle. I am happy with the performance of the TM (I still have one that works). Wonder if they would take my kidney stone in trade for the Bowle.
Haven't used my TM since. To me, the TM can't even come close to this. It's better in every department.

Top Bottom