Tafée Bowle

Kaptan

Your remarks about reduction of P80 usage and your inclination towards the Bowle is telling. I really like my P80. I wonder if anyone feels the same way about their TM vs the Bowle. I am happy with the performance of the TM (I still have one that works). Wonder if they would take my kidney stone in trade for the Bowle.
My TM and FW7 have been collecting dust since the Bowle arrived. My TM will still get use when I’m out of the house, but for now, the Bowle is #1. It is such a well built innovative device.
That “click” when you insert the stem is so satisfying, like snapping close an Apple AirPods case and the vapor signature it produces is deeply medicating. The only downside to this, as previously stated, is battery life, but if planning for use mainly at-home, this is easily manageable.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
My TM and FW7 have been collecting dust since the Bowle arrived. My TM will still get use when I’m out of the house, but for now, the Bowle is #1. It is such a well built innovative device.
That “click” when you insert the stem is so satisfying, like snapping close an Apple AirPods case and the vapor signature it produces is deeply medicating. The only downside to this, as previously stated, is battery life, but if planning for use mainly at-home, this is easily manageable.

God damnit. Tell me its a POS please.

Quick, somebody make fun of the cup. Such a silly, stupid, design. Right?

Kaptan

No can do! 😂 When I first noticed this thread, I wrote it off because why the hell do I need a cup on my my vape, was my thought. That was until a week or so later, this thread kept appearing on the first page for new posts so I had to read more, which if you do, will somehow lead you to Tafée’s site and your wallet a little lighter.

SixStringToker

Naked member
The stone will pass though it may seem at times it won't
Knock on wood! I've had three kidney stones, only one of which passed; the other two were simply too big. The first of those was blasted to bits via Shock Wave Lithotripsy which was quick and relatively painless. The second of those two... Let's just say that I never thought I'd have a laser shoved up that part of my anatomy before. 😱

I had to demonstrate that I could pee on my own before they'd discharge me from the hospital after the procedure:

weewee.jpg

That's not cranberry juice...

I am not a fan of kidney stones!

Easywider

Simple is the way

No can do! 😂 When I first noticed this thread, I wrote it off because why the hell do I need a cup on my my vape, was my thought. That was until a week or so later, this thread kept appearing on the first page for new posts so I had to read more, which if you do, will somehow lead you to Tafée’s site and your wallet a little lighter.

Hahahah True Story! I wanted so bad to not like this vape, and the stoopid cup it's based around. The truth of the matter is, the cup is awesome, the vape is even better. It checks all boxes but "great battery life"

The few times the Bowle has died on me when In use. It was like, "oh shit! What the hell am I going to do now." After using the Bowle for only a week my other vapes just seemed so tedious. I feel like I've come dependent on it. It's a good feeling.

Fogoff

I meant to answer this before; I had with no issues using an Aukey 18W QC3.0 charger I picked up a few months ago for a couple charges. Any quick charge 3.0 compatible chargers should be fine as they output 12V-1.5A, 9V-2A, 5V-3A on USB A. I mention USB-A because that Aukey charger has a USB-C port as well so if for some reason you had a USB-C to USB-Micro cord you don't get 12V-1.5A so I would expect charge time to lengthen.
Thanks for the infos man, that's good news :tup:

ChooChooCharlie

Tafee-Bowle-Half-Baked.jpg

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
All I use my cup for is snacks!
I just fucking love this- short battery be damned, I am too stoned to care!

I've been holding back but there is SOOOO much to like about this device!

I have been gathering all my thoughts and have really been overly impressed. This packs such a punch, with such cool temps and outstanding flavor. I really think the most important thing I can communicate is how uniquely powerful the vapor signature is, it is absolutely the most heavily medicating device in my collection. For context, my most used vapes include MiniVap, P80, Lotus, and eNano. I think it has a lot to do with being able to extract so completely, under the point of combustion- I am blown away by its ability to take it all the way to full extraction. And it gives up nothing in flavor, it is top-of-class flavor, absolutely fucking pure deliciousness. Even more shocked how well flavors are preserved EVEN if you get a little lackadaisical about cleaning, this is a flavor chaser's dream.

[I wrote this part a week or so ago] Is it the honeymoon period, or do most current owners also find this to be most heavily medicating? Hits my head harder than any of my devices. I am an early morning dabber, and on some days I actually postponed morning dabs as I have been so satisfied with the effectiveness of my early morning Bowle(s).

With so many reports coming in, I am going to try to not be redundant and will focus on a few items I have not seen addressed by other posters. Like ergonomics and how the physical design (like indentations on the bottom of stem) makes it easy for ham hands like me to pick up and handle hot pots. It is not fiddly like the cart system on MV1 or other vapes. These dimples/indentations are everywhere you would need, and thoughtfully placed around the potter grinder. I also really like the way it sits in my hand when in puck only configuration (without cup). It is real comfortable, and not as tall as I expected. My P80 with burl stems are an equivalent height of my tall Bowle.

I often describe new products as over-engineered (QB GON grinder comes to mind), but Bowle is so thoughtfully designed and simplistic, it is just comfortable to use. I am so glad someone recently posted pics of the internals, it shows such a simple, clean design.

As far as a medicating tool, it is the equivalent of using a hammer to push in a thumb tac- WAY OVERKILL!
It is a punch to the face- exactly what I look for in my equipment!

I also really like the mouthpieces. While I historically have avoided silicone, it is really most comfortable, stays clean, and is also not freezing cold in the winter when I put it to my lips. Silicone has really been an unexpected home run. I do favor the taller mouthpiece the most.

My one gripe, only that it is just slightly too big to fit in my Outback cupholder. I've resorted to using my MV case (when without cup)

I personally do not want for a water adapter, but I would like to see lids in the store.... I am indifferent if it has a hole in the lid for drinking, or if it is totally sealed like a Tupperware top, a lid would help keep ABV/dust/debris out of the cup when in my busy shop. A lid would help prevent spills and give a little more security and comfort that I won't spill while vaping. Or, if using it for treats like I do, a sealed lid could potentially keep candies/edibles fresher longer.

I'd also be delighted to purchase a jump pack battery, one that could potentially snap in place on top of the USB when not using the cup. But I am getting so medicated that battery life has not left me wanting for much more. I simply put it on a charge after every one or two pots and never run out of juice.

I am going to pair up with an appropriately sized portable cell phone battery charger. I am going to look for the right size that I will fit on top of the puck. Does anyone know the chemistry/cell count/capacity of the battery? I would like to find a solution that provides 2-3 full recharges.

I am hopeful the accessories start coming out soon and get listed to their website. I look forward to seeing pots, pot screens and gaskets in the store. While most people don't go through those too often, I am a clean freak and occasionally destroy screens during the cleaning process... the included extras were much appreciated and will most certainly be used.

I also would love a pot holder of sorts, something that would allow transport of loaded capsules without having to pocket around a bulky grinder.

I am also very curious, how easy/difficult is it to disassemble the stem? Anyone done it yet?
I tend to prefer full disassembly when cleaning if it is possible- but not if it is overly difficult to reassemble.

I have put nearly an o through this machine since arrival. The flavors are absolutely outstanding, and so medicating, this is my most happy vape! I cant wait for friends to try this when social distancing permits, it is going to convert every last smoker I know!

Bowle is unquestionably my most used device since arrival- more than MV, more than eNano, more than P80... I am using Bowle more than all of them. AND I'm also using my Omni's far less as well. I am finding myself so nicely [read: overly] medicated, that I am just not requiring all the little Dynavap "maintenance" mini-sessions throughout the day...

Got questions, ask 'em!
Got $299 burning a hole in your pocket... get one!

Last edited:

Ripstar

Amazing !!! I need another vape like I need another kidney stone. Would I need to order any additional or spare parts?
They ended up shipping the cup along with the vape. Before I received it, I didn't think I would enjoy it. I usually put water and ice cubes or some tea that has cooled. I actually love it now, when I cough now, I am not searching for my water glass like scrambling choking person😂

Alexis

The problem is that this screen helps to spread the heat coming from the heater evenly on the cup so if you have one side that's lower than the other you're gonna have a hot spot for sure. Even now after resetting mine I have one side that get dark faster than the other and I don't remember if it was like that before, nothing a little stirring can't take care off. In the end I don't think the overall quality of the vapor have changed since I've reset the screen
Making sure the herb is level on surface should compensate partially for an uneven screen. But it makes sense to me that the unsymetrical depth of the load would still affect the eveness of the extraction and airflow. Maybe the shallower side would hotspot sooner? Just guessing.

RxPlorer

it’s another level from TM, just like TM was on another level when it came out! Solid build.

Just finishing my first load, and I have to agree. I’m relieved that this seems to have been a good purchase, especially since my TM is still out of commission. Temperature, effeciency, and flavor all are improvements over the TM. Portability is greatly diminished, though.

Since there is an air gap between the stem and cup, I was doubtful that a cold beverage would provide cooling. Well it sure seems to; the stem and puck stayed cooler than room temp even after 5 draws on temp 2. They warmed up faster once the cup was empty.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Making sure the herb is level on surface should compensate partially for an uneven screen. But it makes sense to me that the unsymetrical depth of the load would still affect the eveness of the extraction and airflow. Maybe the shallower side would hotspot sooner? Just guessing.

He's actually talking about the heater screen, not the chamber pot screen, so he is concerned about the air flow of the hot air, that it has been changed with the screen shifted, when it hits the herb (which is level)

Top Bottom