Tafée Bowle

mephisto

I seem to do it quite often. I am starting at level 2 for 3-4 hits. Then another 3-4 hits at level 2. Finish off with 5-6 at level 3. That would be 3 "sessions" per my usage.
Usually get the fail to fire upon attempting the 4th "session". I am inhaling for about 10 to 15 seconds each hit.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
It would seem like you're the one with something to worry about because your statements are coming across as ignorant drivel.
Our first rule here is "Be Nice". Please try to keep that in mind when communicating with other members. If you feel that another member's post is in violation of the rules, please use the report feature and refrain from commenting in the thread.

Thank you.

:peace:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Really? The plastic they use can't even handle the temp of hot water that you pour over tea? That sounds like some REALLY crappy quality plastic. Hell, even a lot of ziplock bags can handle boiling water! Sounds like they should have used significantly better plastic. That makes me worry about the quality of the materials in the rest on the vape.

I mentioned it earlier, but it's probably buried somewhere in the thread...I used it for hot tea without incident until I travelled with it unguarded in my backpack at Champs. The beating it took led to spider cracks that were exacerbated the next time I poured hot water in it. I must have trapped an emotion somewhere, because I haven't done that since, even with a good cup!

Regardless, the cup should be seen as an added benefit only. The vape alone is worth the price of admission.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I will be testing charge time, battery life and temp maintenance either today or tomorrow. The recommendation is to charge it once it reaches 25% battery life so the first test will be based on a full charge (4 lights) to when 25% (1 light) is first seen. The second test will take it beyond 25% but I'm not sure how far I want to push it.

How many Bowlers have run their battery down till the unit turned off?

Mine has not turned off on me, but at 25% the performance completely sputters that I have to recharge to finish Bowle bowls...

I seem to do it quite often. I am starting at level 2 for 3-4 hits. Then another 3-4 hits at level 2. Finish off with 5-6 at level 3. That would be 3 "sessions" per my usage.
Usually get the fail to fire upon attempting the 4th "session". I am inhaling for about 10 to 15 seconds each hit.

I mostly milk level one with long draws, then one to three hits at level two, sometimes one at level three, on average. I think I am only getting 2.5 bowls per charge as it cannot finish a third bowl for me ever... Again I have not tested fully scientifically, but that's what keeps happening to me, so I keep trying to charge it in between uses a bit too...

I wish the battery notification was different, like I wish it showed you the current level when you turn it on or off, and that it was a different LED color so you could actually tell? And yes a warning at 25% too??

Shit Snacks

I’m surprised to read you guys are getting less bowls per charge than a Grasshopper? The original website claimed 12 for the Bowle, but that was a while ago. Maybe you just another puck! :spliff:

Well that would depend how you use the grasshopper... I would not say I am getting less bowls than my GH did (though it has been a very long time since I ever used it with batteries lol) Def nowhere near 12!

It would be nice if they offered a package that included 2 pucks due to the limited battery capacity or make it so the battery can be swapped.

Haha that is silly to say, the puck is the vape, so you are saying they should be providing two vapes for the price of one?? :rofl:
Edit: actually I guess you did not say what they should charge, just that that should be an option so it could be like $500 for two pucks? Eh still sounds pretty silly to me

Swappable batteries are nice, but that would make the unit larger, plus with how fast it charges and being a home portable, I'm not mad at it... Also we could have slightly defective pucks, we don't really know yet? Too early to tell for sure what is standard!

SixStringToker

Naked member
I wish the battery notification was different, like I wish it showed you the current level when you turn it on or off, and that it was a different LED color so you could actually tell? And yes a warning at 25% too??
Definitely! I run into the same problem with the Peak Pro; last night, both were dead at the same time. I think the LEDS should flash red a few times when the puck is turned on when the battery is getting low and again at the start and end of each pull.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I asked the manufacturer about our drinkware questions, and got the following response, with permission to share:

"Alcoholic drink isn't an issue for the drinkware. We took the cautions stance to avoid misconceptions we are promoting liquor paired with cannabis. But usage wise, I wouldn't be able to tell if someone used alcohol in their drinkware, so users can decide to do as they please. As long as pure alcohol isn't sitting stored overnight, it's fine.

If anyone succeeds in building condensation, nothing to bother at all. USB and lights are IP rated to protect internals. Moisture from condensations can only exist on the externals in very prolonged use with ice in drinkware and not activating the oven at all. We've tested all these scenarios. Nothing to bother about so far.

For anyone wanting hot drinks right now, we recommend they should get the small version... Less volume, less hot mass."

Also, he acknowledged there are a lot of possibilities for the space the cup takes up. They will do more, and are open to collaborating with people with ideas.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Well that would depend how you use the grasshopper... I would not say I am getting less bowls than my GH did (though it has been a very long time since I ever used it with batteries lol) Def nowhere near 12!

You get less than 2.5 bowls with your IO?

@ChooChooCharlie measured 11 bowls with his IO! My original GH used to not even get one bowl per battery though after a while :uhoh:

I looked back on the Bowle website and it still says 8-12 sessions, so you might consider contacting their service department if your performance persists.

edit: checked your sig, maybe you don't have an IO, I guess I just assumed you owned them all! :sherlock:

I just wonder which one of you Bowlers will be the first to score a 300? 🌋 :D
Surprised to have not read any minivap comparisons by now in this thread. :borg:'Mirror mirror on the wall, who has the tastiest vapors of them all!

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

Don't want to start diversions into device comparisons, but those 11 hopper io chambers were all one-hit, 35 second draws using TiChillum. Unorthodox. When using it natively, in a more normal multi hit per chamber session, was getting 4 chambers. So, the Bowle is similar, with about 4 per charge. But as I said, I got into habit of charging after every session, using timer, tap either 15 min or 30 min button on timer

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Don't want to start diversions into device comparisons, but those 11 hopper io chambers were all one-hit, 35 second draws using TiChillum. Unorthodox. When using it natively, in a more normal multi hit per chamber session, was getting 4 chambers. So, the Bowle is similar, with about 4 per charge. But as I said, I got into habit of charging after every session, using timer, tap either 15 min or 30 min button on timer

Most people seem to use the GH with a cooling attachment so I wouldn't really consider that too unorthodox. If anything, it sounds like you might have a little homework to do to figure out the one question everyones dying to know?

How many one hitters can you crush in a Tafee before your margarita melts?

One tequila, Two tequila, Three tequila, BOWLE!

:cheers:

Shit Snacks

@ChooChooCharlie measured 11 bowls with his IO! My original GH used to not even get one bowl per battery though after a while :uhoh:
... edit: checked your sig, maybe you don't have an IO, I guess I just assumed you owned them all!

Haha yeah I do not have the IO, but the reason I said that, as @ChooChooCharlie confirmed, is because the bowls between them are not apples to apples... The devices are just too different to compare battery life, aside from the offtopic nature posting here!

I looked back on the Bowle website and it still says 8-12 sessions, so you might consider contacting their service department if your performance persists.

Yeah that's what I'm saying also about it being too early to tell for sure, even though I have not tested battery life too properly yet, so far I have been unpleasantly surprised by how poor my battery life is... However I don't mind much, given my needs and use case with it, so I'm not planning to report it officially anytime soon, not in any rush to send it back! Since the topic came up, figured I'd mention my experience is all.

I have not been doing one hitters, I have been stretching low temp sessions often with full bowls, so yeah I am sure there are ways to maximize my battery life... Although I don't really want to use level 4 much!

MinnBobber

@ChooChooCharlie
Surprised to have not read any minivap comparisons by now in this thread. :borg:'Mirror mirror on the wall, who has the tastiest vapors of them all!

miniVAP lover here and challenge accepted.
My miniVAPs have held the #1 spot for me for years and my Bowle is one day old so reviews will be coming.

To start I will say this seems to be the “real deal” for sure and it has a good chance to be numero uno for me.
My Herbalizer has been my #2 and I often dreamed of a hybrid of the two , best of mV plus best of Herbie. The Bowle??

Drinking cup: don’t get sidetracked , that this seems like just a novelty vape, cutesy niche.... it is a top shelf vape which happens to have a unique accessory, period. Cup may not be everyone’s cup of tea. ☕😉

Bowle has a superb vape signature, taste taste taste and it delivers the goods.
I usually vape through water piece but this vape is awesome without....delivers smooth, cool, tastee, non harsh vapor.
Love it so ...very impressive

Last edited:

dimmusp

Has anyone in Europe gotten a Bowle yet?

The base price for the 250 ml model is already beyond my budget, so I'm wondering how much shipping and customs fees / taxes would add to it...

Thanks

dimmusp,

Meditation

I’ve just ordered one and the small one with cup came in at $419:|which is about £310 shipping was $50 and I expect to pay import taxes and no doubt some kind of handling fee. Not cheap. Hope to fuck I like it.:D

Meditation,
  • Wow
Reactions: dimmusp

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I wasn't going to post these results because right now, for me, it's about getting to that third full charge before posting results on battery, hits, temp maint, etc. But after the last few posts I thought I'd add the results of the second full charge......

Disclaimer: I will vape a pot/bowl until every bit of goodness is gone, it tastes like ass and not a spec of vapor shows.

Using the pot filled by the topper without directly tamping (I mention directly tamping because I believe that using the topper does cause some settling as the pot is filled) I got the following results on a full charge and one pot:
- Session 1: Temp setting 2 - 5 draws - the first was whispy - Battery-4 lights at Start
- Session 2: Temp setting 2 - 4 draws - the first was whispy - Battery-4 lights at Start
- Session 3: Temp setting 3 - 4 draws - the first was a little better than whispy, the rest were decent - Battery-3 lights at Start
- Session 4: Temp setting 4 - 4 draws - all hits were a little more than whispy but not by much - Battery-2 lights at Start and still shows 2 lights.

I got a decent buzz on all 4 sessions but the 4th session was done the next day and was my wake and bake buzz. We all know that the first buzz of the day doesn't require a lot, at least for me, to get the buzz ball rolling. If session 4 was done the night before I may not have gotten nearly as high.

Total 17 draws from one bowl if you count the whispy ones. Battery life ended at 2 lights and I have no idea how many hits are left to get to 1 light.

Among other things.....The flower can affect vapor production and number of productive draws so we're gonna have an apples to apples comparison issue. For example, I had some MAC1 that produced vapor like crazy and I'd get more productive hits than I can remember getting from other strains using the same amount.

EDIT: Wanted to make sure that anyone reading this knows that "Battery life ended at 2 lights" means I stopped using it and not that the battery was done playing.

EDIT-2: I got 1 more draw and the battery level went to 1 so the number of draws on a full charge before hitting the 25% mark was 18. Third full charge is coming right up.....and yes....I'm tracking it for time.

Last edited:

MinnBobber

Bowle Stem ??

I wish we had detailed pics of stem innards!!!
Anyone noticed how the internal “roof” of the stem has several hanging corregated dividers that create many vapor channels/ provide a lot of cool surface area for vapor???

New Bowle owner here but initially , it sure seems to have remarkably smooth cool vapor, even with no water piece— which I usually use.
👏.
It seems like great stem/ cooling engineering vs something like Ghost MV-1 cooling unit which was complicated and got dirty really quick.

I would also love to see how the long upper stem connects to the heavy base stem piece!!
For future accessories that could bolt into stock stem base...... wooden stems , water piece adapters, etc

Any MacGyvers out there ready to dive in???
Strip down the stem and reassemble while cliff diving into a 5 gal bucket? You can do it
😉

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
@MinnBobber - I'd love to help but I'm not allowed to open my tool box until the family calls an ambulance first.

Edit: Didn't want to post back to back:
Recent questions about charge time........here's a test result when charging to full for the third time.....

After 17 draws I took one more draw at two lights and checked the battery level. The battery was at one light/25% which is the recommended point to charge the battery. Going from 1 light to a full charge where the battery lights turn off took 59 minutes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom