Tafée Bowle

Ripstar

the size of each unit is tough to tell the difference in the pics on this thread. Making it hard to make up my mind 😂

Glad to see them getting out in the wild! @badbee don't sweat the glass or you'll miss out on a great vape.

My gripes are pretty much what others have said...taking the glass off to charge, seeing the lights with dark liquids, and battery life. The cup is somewhat limited, as others have noted. My love for hot tea keeps the plastic cup at bay, unless I transfer the tea to the Bowle after steeping. I don't get the alcohol warning...that wouldn't stop me. I have the glass prototype cup here and like it, but it's heavy and expensive. I look forward to all the different accessories and glass concepts that should come down the pike, both from us and the maker.

All of those gripes are minor, though, once the vape gets used. This thing does what all the other on-demand convection vapes tried but couldn't - a brainless, consistent, very satisfying hit. And the signature has some bite to it...

This is what is making me lean towards the large without the plastic cup, no way am I putting tea or anything else in something like that so I wouldn't end up using it. For now, until the glass comes out, the large is looking better for me price wise.

ChooChooCharlie

Tafee-with-Alexa.jpg

Without the cup it’s a futuristic meerschaum

Instead of Bowle (still uncertain about pronunciation), mine should be called the Tafée Watda Puck

ChooChooCharlie

hey Vito, just scored one for ya, I'll send it when it arrives. You and/or patient buds should love it. It's not just for asshole rec clowns like me with too much time on their hands. (See, there's a lesson: occasional, ... OK, almost never ... positive results from alcohol:lol:)

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
My love for hot tea keeps the plastic cup at bay, unless I transfer the tea to the Bowle after steeping

Really? The plastic they use can't even handle the temp of hot water that you pour over tea? That sounds like some REALLY crappy quality plastic. Hell, even a lot of ziplock bags can handle boiling water! Sounds like they should have used significantly better plastic. That makes me worry about the quality of the materials in the rest on the vape.

SquirrelMaster

Bowle Ordered :)

You guys haven't steered me wrong and there are just too many boxed checked for me to ignore this vape.
I'm having flashbacks to the start of 2020 and wishing I secured the newest hot vape sooner so I'm not having a repeat of that. The thought of starting 2021 with a new device sounds really good and with the people behind the company plus with Tafee based out of Canada I just can't hold back. I'm getting nothing but good feelings :D.

For anyone located in Canada, just a heads up that Tafee got back to me (impressive response speed for the holidays) and they let me know they have a Canadian domain secured and will be bringing that live shortly if that matters. I placed my order with zero issues and now I'll see how long it takes to send one across the country.

I went with the 400mL full package because when I'm drinking a beverage after I take a hit, whether it's hot or cold I drink a lot, so this should work well for my use case.

djelibebbi

AKA djelimon, but lost the email
Did anyone track how long it takes to charge the battery? Not really feeling the cup but other stuff on there like a stash box would be pretty chill. Or how about rechargable battery you can slap on top when the base one runs out of juice? Hell, then you have proprietary replacement batteries, which isn't my ideal, but a big step forward without any retooling.

This thing is on The List, but so are a lot of things... Sigh

Still, my nephew may just get a hand me down

djelibebbi

AKA djelimon, but lost the email
It was mentioned, I think just under an hour and 15 minutes to full charge from dead?

Haven't tested very scientifically, but I may not be getting great battery life with mine...
Thanks, I may have been remiss in my reading, or my comprehension, depending on circumstances

Ramahs

@Ramahs , it can handle the heat. Think they are trying to be overly cautious. I poured hot coffee in it, tequila, blood from virgin sacrifice, no problems yet, in this lifetime

I don't get it. If the plastic is good enough quality, then what are they worried about?
Unless they are just wrong about the type of plastic used.

Ramahs,

Vonv

I don't get it. If the plastic is good enough quality, then what are they worried about?
Unless they are just wrong about the type of plastic used.
It would seem like you're the one with something to worry about because your statements are coming across as ignorant drivel.

You hear the names Jorge Fernandez, a thermal dynamics engineer, inventor of the MiniVap, Dr Arno Hazekamp former head of product development at Storz and Bickel in charge of medical device testing and certification among a few of those who developed this device and you make sinister comments like "very cheap plastic" and "you worry about the quality of the materials in the rest of the vape". Despite very clear statements here to the contrary.

You only admittedly started using vaporizers a few years ago right? These guys behind this, their lifelong work were the pillars of performance and quality in vaporizers for almost 2 decades now all of a sudden, somehow they are trying to pull wool over your eyes?

Every single person here who has received and tested their units including renowned members who matter have given props to the quality of the device including pictures, detailed statements, yet you ignore all of these facts.

You specifically focused on a statement about preference of how stick stones uses his for hot tea, steeping it somewhere else first, but ignoring his full statement about the device.
Chocho Charlie clearly stated he's poured hot coffee into his without issue and your next statement was they are "just wrong about the type of plastic they used".

Have you paused for a brief moment to think that just maybe they aren't pushing to advertise the acrylic version for hot drinks because they might just want to release a glass version or ceramic mug version in the future perhaps?
It has been stated clearly in this thread that there is a borosilicate glass version still in porotype stage, there is even an image and a video here and on their website.
Today we have a ridiculous selection of drinkware, there are wine glasses, water goblets, champagne flutes, beer mugs, tea cups, cocktail glasses, shot glasses, there are over a DOZEN types of coffee cups that all do nothing but hold drink. But it reads like you think this one single acrylic cup should do it all?

It's been clearly stated here that the drinkware currently shipping is high quality acrylic. Datasheets on the specific acrylic used were shared with beta testers on request and if you want a copy I'm sure one can be made available to you.
But then again, with all your worries one wonders if you are here to contribute constructively to this thread or really to sow seeds with sinister comments?

Please try to keep yourself in check by "Thinking Before Typing" and not disparage hard work.

SixStringToker

Naked member
Did anyone track how long it takes to charge the battery?
I keep forgetting to time it!

Not really feeling the cup but other stuff on there like a stash box would be pretty chill. Or how about rechargable battery you can slap on top when the base one runs out of juice? Hell, then you have proprietary replacement batteries, which isn't my ideal, but a big step forward without any retooling.
The battery idea is awesome, but I don't think it will work all that well. It seems to be a standard USB port which just doesn't have the power to keep up with the heater. While it would automatically charge the internal battery between sessions, it won't help much if you do several sessions in a relatively short period of time. I was doing a session with it plugged in earlier and it died in the middle of the session; the battery was being drained more quickly than it was being charged.

Shifting to the plastic cup discussion, it's not just Tafee that's recommending that hot beverages be avoided, it's pretty much the entire drinkware industry. I think the concern with acrylic is leaching at higher temperatures. Acrylic is heat "resistant" up to 95C but it probably starts off-gassing before that.

Edit: I wanted to see how much I could smash into one of the ceramic bowls w/o hurting the performance. I just did a bowl with 0.27g (BCG medium) and the Bowle ripped through it with no problem.

Last edited:

Ramahs

It would seem like you're the one with something to worry about because your statements are coming across as ignorant drivel.

You hear the names Jorge Fernandez, a thermal dynamics engineer, inventor of the MiniVap, Dr Arno Hazekamp former head of product development at Storz and Bickel in charge of medical device testing and certification among a few of those who developed this device and you make sinister comments like "very cheap plastic" and "you worry about the quality of the materials in the rest of the vape". Despite very clear statements here to the contrary.

You only admittedly started using vaporizers a few years ago right? These guys behind this, their lifelong work were the pillars of performance and quality in vaporizers for almost 2 decades now all of a sudden, somehow they are trying to pull wool over your eyes?

Every single person here who has received and tested their units including renowned members who matter have given props to the quality of the device including pictures, detailed statements, yet you ignore all of these facts.

You specifically focused on a statement about preference of how stick stones uses his for hot tea, steeping it somewhere else first, but ignoring his full statement about the device.
Chocho Charlie clearly stated he's poured hot coffee into his without issue and your next statement was they are "just wrong about the type of plastic they used".

Have you paused for a brief moment to think that just maybe they aren't pushing to advertise the acrylic version for hot drinks because they might just want to release a glass version or ceramic mug version in the future perhaps?
It has been stated clearly in this thread that there is a borosilicate glass version still in porotype stage, there is even an image and a video here and on their website.
Today we have a ridiculous selection of drinkware, there are wine glasses, water goblets, champagne flutes, beer mugs, tea cups, cocktail glasses, shot glasses, there are over a DOZEN types of coffee cups that all do nothing but hold drink. But it reads like you think this one single acrylic cup should do it all?

It's been clearly stated here that the drinkware currently shipping is high quality acrylic. Datasheets on the specific acrylic used were shared with beta testers on request and if you want a copy I'm sure one can be made available to you.
But then again, with all your worries one wonders if you are here to contribute constructively to this thread or really to sow seeds with sinister comments?

Please try to keep yourself in check by "Thinking Before Typing" and not disparage hard work.

Wow. Talk about being a jerk about it.

"Ignorant drivel" ?

I was just confused that the user was saying that they were worried about using the acrylic cup with anything hot, when it seemed to me that the cup should be good enough quality to handle that level of heat just fine.

However, I don't see the point of conversing with you about this vape at all, since you just appear to enjoy being a jerk about it, insulting people...and that's NOT at all what we are here for. Sheesh

Now, we should get back to talking about this cool vape instead of whining about some other user's comments/questions that you fail to understand...

Last edited:

androponic

vaped.
Well, i just placed my order for the larger 400ml version, full kit. I hope i also get the metal potter version included like some others have. My VAS symptoms are just too strong to fight off so its best to just give in. I cant wait to try this guy out, there is some very positive feedback on this so far.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Did anyone track how long it takes to charge the battery?

I will be testing charge time, battery life and temp maintenance either today or tomorrow. The recommendation is to charge it once it reaches 25% battery life so the first test will be based on a full charge (4 lights) to when 25% (1 light) is first seen. The second test will take it beyond 25% but I'm not sure how far I want to push it.

How many Bowlers have run their battery down till the unit turned off?

Top Bottom