Tafée Bowle

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The order section of the site (about half way down) says that a potter is included with every order although the product pages lead me to believe that that's not the case (when selecting from the drop down menu) so they should clarify that. A little write up on the product page of what's included with the "basic" package would be good as well if you have a bug in their ear.

So, so far, every order has been coming with a potter+ even if you only ordered the base unit (perhaps an early adopter bonus, not sure if that will always be the case, current units purchased now may not have it?) Looks like those who ordered a full kit also got the metal potter included free, while I bought the base kit and still got the drinkware with potter+ included... So not sure there is anything to clarify just yet, all orders may indeed come with the Potter+ right now regardless of the description!

Wondering if the units can be firmware updated remotely... So if the lowest setting is 360, that makes sense and I could see it being lowered still to like 340... I would like that as it would bring the level 2 setting closer to 380 which I would also prefer, furthermore also bringing level 3 down a bit too. Level 4 is more like for concentrate to me, I tried it once in a water experiment, not ideal for me as it spoiled the taste... Anyway I am mostly riding level 1 now, and then level 2, sometimes bumping up to level 3 to finish off depending on the load and time of day.

It is so easy to pull out the stem and check your load for current extraction level! I know it was designed for mass appeal and with the drinkware, however that does not mean they cannot offer future accessories later on... Why would that hurt the mass appeal at all? Can still reach the mainstream with the drinkware, while appealing to the hardcore vapers like us with optional 14-18mm stems and even ones that make it more portable without any glass attachments at all...

@LabPong the puck is small and quite ergonomic, that is a priority for me, and I think a block shape may make it worse!

Last edited:

west-elec

Below is the Wiki for moisture in IP22 - it is the description of the second '2' in the designation. Wiki isn't my first choice in some circumstances but it's Sunday and I'm lazy....

Dripping water when tilted at 15°Vertically dripping water shall have no harmful effect when the enclosure is tilted at an angle of 15° from its normal position. A total of four positions are tested within two axes.Test duration: 2.5 minutes for every direction of tilt (10 minutes total)
Water equivalent to 3 mm (0.12 in) rainfall per minute

The first '2' in the designation represents fingers or similar objects.

I have no idea WTF this all means :lol: but I hope it means my nightly vodka and cranberry juice will not make me sad.
What IP22 means is don't spill your cuppy on your bowle or she be fuckedy.

SquirrelMaster

So, so far, every order has been coming with a potter+ even if you only ordered the base unit (perhaps an early adopter bonus, not sure if that will always be the case, current units purchased now may not have it?) Looks like those who ordered a full kit also got the metal potter included free, while I bought the base kit and still got the drinkware with potter+ included... So not sure there is anything to clarify just yet, all orders may indeed come with the Potter+ right now regardless of the description!

I did notice the freebies that are coming in orders which is pretty awesome! The drinkware would be a necessity for me so I'd have to go with a full package but I would take a metal grinder upgrade, I mean who wouldn't? For either grinder I really like that the loading of the cups is built into the design. That makes my brain REALLY happy!

The more I think about this vape the more I like it.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
What IP22 means is don't spill your cuppy on your bowle or she be fuckedy.
Hmmmmmmm....So what's my leeway here? My concern isn't taking it out in these conditions "10 minutes total-Water equivalent to 3 mm (0.12 in) rainfall per minute".

My concern would be condensation from the cup or me fat fingering the cup when it's filled. Condensation doesn't seem stronger than the description and when the cup is in place there is no place for moisture to enter...... except from the very bottom of the puck but the gasket around the puck that secures the cup protects it from outside moisture coming from the bottom.

The charge port is protected when the cup is in place but I wish it weren't on the top of the puck like that because after a vape and vodka it's more possible for me to spill my cuppy on my bowle :lol:...well actually it's not possible because I can't remember the last time I didn't finish my nightcap...could be my memory though :cheers:

I gotta stop procrastinating and test the condensation aspect....if I can't make this thing sweat it's probably not possible. I have one vodka and cranberry nightly but it's got like a ton of ice, 4 shots in it and takes me a couple hours to finish it. Maybe tomorrow when I test the battery time and temp maintenance.

ChooChooCharlie

I feel pretty stupid. That preview pic and video I posted on page 6, showing their upcoming hot beverage cups ... that's a real glass, glass. And the base of it is silver opaque, not clear to the bottom like our plastic cups. Didn't even notice before, I was too distracted by the sweater

Some random kudos for their design efforts:

The long, angled silicone mouthpiece has good feel at lips. Similar shape as a tobacco pipe mouthpiece, not a circular tube opening

They also molded the tip to split the vapor. You can feel the separate streams hit your tongue. Perhaps a final cooling effort, as the flow has already become laminar an inch or less past the 180 bend. Avoiding a warmer central "tunnel" of vapor? Who knows, but fun guessing

The short, stubby mouthpiece is not nearly as comfortable, almost feel like I'm playing a flute in reverse. It does offer a more discreet appearance, however. I posted pics with stubby style at bottom of page 7. Told juice bar guy I needed a pretty colored drink for a picture. He even added berries, and it was tasty. Didn't notice condensation problems, close to 70F that day, but not humid, so not good test. Lucked out that the drink matched the "tree"

Button surfaces are cleverly designed to be instantly recognized by feel. Fire button is larger and at top. But they went one step further in distinction between the two buttons. Fire button surface has inward concave shape, temp level select button has outward convex feel. Your finger will be using the Fire button more frequently, and its concave smooth edged surface is finger tip comfortable

Sometimes, it's the little things

SixStringToker

Naked member
@His_Highness, I just tested it with some ice water. It very definitely sweats on the outside, up above the puck except for drips. After about 20 mins, I dumped the ice water and removed the cup. There was definitely a very fine sheen of condensation on the bottom, but was it there before I removed the cup and exposed the bottom to more air, or did it form as a result of that? The top of the puck didn't seem to have any condensation on it.

Two things that I noticed with the cup:

1. It cools the puck VERY noticeably. Even the bottom of the puck and the oven chamber were cold.

2. When I lifted the cup to my mouth to drink, the first thing that I noticed was the smell of the mouthpiece. That is NOT what I want when I'm drinking a beverage! Tho in a "Oh shit, level 4 for 23 seconds... my throat is on fire! Save me, Cuppy" kinda situation, I s'pose I wouldn't really care about the smell.

I also tried it with a soda. I really dislike not being able to see the leds, even tho I KNOW that I don't really need them.

50768418016_81db9d9bae_o.jpg

Last edited:

His_Highness

Thanks @SixStringToker much appreciated! I'll follow your lead and look for that moisture in the same places when I test it tomorrow in full vodka-cranberry mode.

I didn't catch any smells but I did soak the mouthpieces in warm water for 5-10 minutes before using them. I hope my smeller isn't on the fritz. I have been stuffy due to the cold front.

Question for the group.....how many of you tried temp level 4 and found it hot on the mouth/throat? Level 4 with me taking some deep draws isn't hot to me but this wouldn't be the first time that my heat sensor is set higher than some.

SixStringToker

Naked member
I didn't catch any smells but I did soak the mouthpieces in warm water for 5-10 minutes before using them. I hope my smeller isn't on the fritz. I have been stuffy due to the cold front.
It was more the smell of a dirty mouthpiece than it was the smell of silicone, though it did have a slight essence of well-used-silicone-whip.

I didn't actually notice this until looking at that last photo, but light from above gets channeled down the sides of the cup and illuminates the bottom. Fun with acrylic!

Regarding the heat at level 4, it's definitely too hot for me to do more than an 8 to 10-second draw.

badbee

Are (were) any of you regular Ghost MV1 users, how does this compare? It seems similar in many ways (not just the crucibles), for good and bad. Is there any hope for replacing the battery? Is it built up from standard cell types or is it completely custom?

Shit Snacks

So to fire, do you press once, or pressing and holding for the duration of the drag?

Think I am going to break this in with a bowle of pollen.

You have the choice of doing either, it has a draw sensor if you do the first one, but I prefer to do the latter. By holding the button down I can clear each hit properly by letting go and continuing to draw... Not so easy to do the other way, unless you pause and wait to clear, or take a steady 23 second draw...

Last edited:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Okay, I see now! Thanks!

Going to dive into this... don't be surprised if you don't see comments for the next week! I am going to throw as much material through this as possible! Super stoked to read the comments on hash above. Anyone try other concentrates in here? Lives or rosin?

ChooChooCharlie

That's not good
Ceramic-pot-cracks.jpg

Noticed cracks today. Dropped hot pot on counter, a few times. Impatient and clumsy. Guessing that's the cause. Don't do that

Shit Snacks

On the left this was a bowl of older dry sativa candy apple milked on level one before bumping to finish on level two...

PXL-20201228-042157480.jpg

Then the candy apple greens on the right in another Bowle ("bow-lay"? :lol: ) bowl:

PXL-20201228-050105434.jpg

I did clean once, super quick and easy, have not used the other chamber pots yet...

PXL-20201228-052433107.jpg

After those, just now I had a pretty fantastic bowl of some fresh moist indica frosted flakes similarly milked on level one, then bumped to level two when that was done, and then level three to toast it and myself!

Kaptan

Can someone post a pic with the bowle’ next to a Tinymight to get a reference on the size? I’m trying to determine if I should get the long or short stem?

Ripstar

On the left this was a bowl of older dry sativa candy apple milked on level one before bumping to finish on level two...

PXL-20201228-042157480.jpg

Then the candy apple greens on the right in another Bowle ("bow-lay"? :lol: ) bowl:

PXL-20201228-050105434.jpg

I did clean once, super quick and easy, have not used the other chamber pots yet...

PXL-20201228-052433107.jpg

After those, just now I had a pretty fantastic bowl of some fresh moist indica frosted flakes similarly milked on level one, then bumped to level two when that was done, and then level three to toast it and myself!
Impressive, did you end up going with the the long?

Ripstar,
Reactions: Vitolo

SixStringToker

Naked member
Can someone post a pic with the bowle’ next to a Tinymight to get a reference on the size? I’m trying to determine if I should get the long or short stem?
This is the long-stemmed version.

50771440727_0c6a8f0f5d_o.jpg

So to fire, do you press once, or pressing and holding for the duration of the drag?
I press and hold so that I can clear the bowl at the end and also cool everything off enough that radiant heat won't continue to cook my herb for a bit after the hit.

Last edited:

His_Highness

Are (were) any of you regular Ghost MV1 users, how does this compare? It seems similar in many ways (not just the crucibles), for good and bad. Is there any hope for replacing the battery? Is it built up from standard cell types or is it completely custom?

These are my opinions....Disclaimer: I had a love/hate relationship with the Ghost
- The Ghost was finicky for me, the Bowle is not.
- The Ghost had moving parts that were harder to work with. For example...The crucible and the latch.
- The Ghost had a steep learning curve for me, the Bowle did not.
- The Ghost didn't feel as ergonomic in my hand as the Bowle does.
- The Ghost gets way hotter in my hand than the Bowle at the higher temps.
- The vapor production between the two is about the same for me but I may change my opinion on the vapor once I've used the Bowle more.
- Removable battery or not I think the Ghost may have better battery life but this is just a guess at this point.

I don't know the actual cell type. The manual states the battery is a Li-ion Polymer Cells - Output: 7.4 750 mAH but doesn't mention the actual form type of the battery.

Shit Snacks

SixStringToker

Naked member
The OG BCG can store 5 of the bowls perfectly (just don't turn it upside down). I usually transfer my herb to a tube after grinding, so this will work for me until someone develops a caddy... or I stop being a lazy arse and print something.

50771015223_e50db0a9c9_o.jpg

So far, the Bowle has handled every amount that I've put into the bowls; from a light dusting of the screen to a pretty serious packing where I fill the funnel to the top of the smaller inside diameter and then tamp it all the way down into the bowl.

badbee

These are my opinions....Disclaimer: I had a love/hate relationship with the Ghost
- The Ghost was finicky for me, the Bowle is not.
- The Ghost had moving parts that were harder to work with. For example...The crucible and the latch.
- The Ghost had a steep learning curve for me, the Bowle did not.
- The Ghost didn't feel as ergonomic in my hand as the Bowle does.
- The Ghost gets way hotter in my hand than the Bowle at the higher temps.
- The vapor production between the two is about the same for me but I may change my opinion on the vapor once I've used the Bowle more.
- Removable battery or not I think the Ghost may have better battery life but this is just a guess at this point.

I don't know the actual cell type. The manual states the battery is a Li-ion Polymer Cells - Output: 7.4 750 mAH but doesn't mention the actual form type of the battery.
Thank you for that comparison, very helpful. I'm still torn between whether the form factor is brilliant or ridiculous. This is probably the most interesting vape of 2020.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Glad to see them getting out in the wild! @badbee don't sweat the glass or you'll miss out on a great vape.

My gripes are pretty much what others have said...taking the glass off to charge, seeing the lights with dark liquids, and battery life. The cup is somewhat limited, as others have noted. My love for hot tea keeps the plastic cup at bay, unless I transfer the tea to the Bowle after steeping. I don't get the alcohol warning...that wouldn't stop me. I have the glass prototype cup here and like it, but it's heavy and expensive. I look forward to all the different accessories and glass concepts that should come down the pike, both from us and the maker.

All of those gripes are minor, though, once the vape gets used. This thing does what all the other on-demand convection vapes tried but couldn't - a brainless, consistent, very satisfying hit. And the signature has some bite to it...

Top Bottom