Tafée Bowle

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Really odd, usps tracking says its in my country.
local post office tracking says its not.
when to the local post and asked the woman in the counter and in their system it shows up with customs fee... waiting for that SMS to pay for that...but who knows what will happen ? lol

GoldenBud

Really odd, usps tracking says its in my country.
local post office tracking says its not.
when to the local post and asked the woman in the counter and in their system it shows up with customs fee... waiting for that SMS to pay for that...but who knows what will happen ? lol
yeah from the airport to the main warehouse of postal service it'll take about 7-12 days in your country hehe ;)
usps shows you that it reached the airport, postal service tracking system will recognize it once it goes to the main warehouse

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Vitolo

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
yeah from the airport to the main warehouse of postal service it'll take about 7-12 days in your country hehe ;)
usps shows you that it reached the airport, postal service tracking system will recognize it once it goes to the main warehouse
it is in the main warehouse though.

BTW, I had a type o in warehouse and it offered me whorehouse :rofl:

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

Same performance, same cooling, same great f'n results
he-aint-heavy.jpg

(lame Hollies boomer humor)

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I was told that as soon as the label was scanned the replacement would be sent immediately. I hope so. I already miss it.

I'm not sure why they're still telling people that when they literally have no replacement units to send out. They assured me a speedy replacement as well before admitting they couldn't do anything as they have no inventory.

I wish you the best of luck, the day before I mailed Bowle in I had five different people try the unit I sent in, just as a sanity check to see if anyone could get a hit off the thing. But Tafee was unable to determine a problem.

It's exactly like when your car is making a weird sound, so you take it to the mechanic and it just goes away, no problem to be found; and then on your way home the weird sound starts showing up again.

kimura

It's exactly like when your car is making a weird sound, so you take it to the mechanic and it just goes away, no problem to be found; and then on your way home the weird sound starts showing up again.

Ahhh that is the fucking worst. I really hope they end up making that right.

I have settled into a groove with my Bowle. no issues so far. It’s a fantastic microdoser / taster. Recently my go to for first vape of the day, which is usually a very small amount of some fruity upbeat sativa-leaning goodness

MonkeyTime

I've really been loving the TB since my battery has settled in, I find my rituals with it very comfortable.

However, over the last two nights I have noticed the draws timing out earlier and earlier on the lower temperatures. I was starting to think it had a draw monitor and that on lower heat settings I was drawing too slow because it only happened on 1 or 2. Then it started to happen on 3 and last night for the first time I've noticed on 4. It unfortunately drove me to putting it away last night, I wasn't in the position to watch what it was doing and it was timing out too frequently before I got a hit. MV to the rescue!

I think I'll do a complete reset and see what that does for it, but that hasn't sounded like a solution for this issue.....and no replacements available at the moment, bummer.

cliffhanger1

I've really been loving the TB since my battery has settled in, I find my rituals with it very comfortable.

However, over the last two nights I have noticed the draws timing out earlier and earlier on the lower temperatures. I was starting to think it had a draw monitor and that on lower heat settings I was drawing too slow because it only happened on 1 or 2. Then it started to happen on 3 and last night for the first time I've noticed on 4. It unfortunately drove me to putting it away last night, I wasn't in the position to watch what it was doing and it was timing out too frequently before I got a hit. MV to the rescue!

I think I'll do a complete reset and see what that does for it, but that hasn't sounded like a solution for this issue.....and no replacements available at the moment, bummer.
I hope that a reset will hopefully help you.
did I get that right, you've noticed a drop in performance after a short time and your first thought is to buy a new one?
instead of being very disappointed and turning them away from it? wooow that must be real love. and i can understand this love !! i get my 2nd unit this week. But as I said, I hope that the problem with the device will be solved again for you

Last edited:

teaandtoast

This is my first post here. I joined after reading through this thread.

My Bowle arrived today. Let me preface this by saying that I am completely new to vaporising - have only smoked until now, and the issues I am facing are likely down to my inexperience/poor method.

Firstly, I cannot seem to get a decent hit off this vape. I have tried inhaling for a decent amount of time and I get wisps of vapour (this is on settings 3 and 4). I’m not bothered about clouds - I’m a medical user so just want a device that can medicate quickly and efficiently.

secondly, I am concerned that it is not heating correctly. I had to stir the pot while on levels 1 and 2 as it was browning on top and still green underneath.

Third - this might be normal but I am not sure. I took a draw at level 3, then removed the stem to check my herbs and to stir if needed. I stirred and for about 10 secs while the stem was removed from the puck, vapour was still visibly escaping from the top of the stem.

Fourth - does anyone else’s tall mouthpiece just not fit in to the stem? The short one slides in nicely but the tall one sits proud of the stem (more so than it should).

I’m not trying to be negative, I *want* to love this vape.... so I’m going to smoke (even though I’m trying to quit - I feel no benefit from having vaped so have to do something :( ), re-read this thread, and hopefully find some helpful tips.

part of me hopes it’s me just being a noob and being stupid.... part of me hopes it isn’t....lol.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

My Bowle arrived today. Let me preface this by saying that I am completely new to vaporising - have only smoked until now, and the issues I am facing are likely down to my inexperience/poor method.

Firstly, I cannot seem to get a decent hit off this vape. I have tried inhaling for a decent amount of time and I get wisps of vapour (this is on settings 3 and 4). I’m not bothered about clouds - I’m a medical user so just want a device that can medicate quickly and efficiently.

secondly, I am concerned that it is not heating correctly. I had to stir the pot while on levels 1 and 2 as it was browning on top and still green underneath.

Third - this might be normal but I am not sure. I took a draw at level 3, then removed the stem to check my herbs and to stir if needed. I stirred and for about 10 secs while the stem was removed from the puck, vapour was still visibly escaping from the top of the stem.

Fourth - does anyone else’s tall mouthpiece just not fit in to the stem? The short one slides in nicely but the tall one sits proud of the stem (more so than it should).

I’m not trying to be negative, I *want* to love this vape.... so I’m going to smoke (even though I’m trying to quit - I feel no benefit from having vaped so have to do something :( ), re-read this thread, and hopefully find some helpful tips.

part of me hopes it’s me just being a noob and being stupid.... part of me hopes it isn’t....lol.

Welcome to FC! Please try to resist the urge to smoke, can make it even more difficult to acclimate to the new vape! :spliff:

My first suggestion since you mentioned the vapor coming out of the stem afterwards, make sure you keep inhaling long after letting go of the trigger, to properly clear your hit.

Also, try a long slow deep inhale, right when you push the button, for 8 seconds or more, then let go of the button and keep inhaling... Should work well on any temp setting!

Finally, how is your weed? Grind consistency, moisture, how are you packing the pots? I'd recommend trying half full, lightly tamped down, medium grind as consistent as possible...

If you upload photos to imgur or imgbb you can paste the bb code or links here, so we can see more what you're working with?

Good luck, hang in there!

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
My first suggestion
Perhaps a reset might set the circuit board straight.
vapour was still visibly escaping from the top of the stem.
If vapor was visibly rising from the stem, the vapor production might be thicker than you realize.
I use mine on 3 or 4.
I do not feel vapor going into my lungs with the TB, but the vapor is consistent and I always walk away medicated.
Many vaporists prefer to see thick vapor.... the visual feedback is what I prefer also.
I do get some monster rips with TB, but in general it is not quite the fog machine that some vapes are.
I used no other vape for the first month and a half owning it!
Now I am back in my normal rotation.
Customer Service is good, and they will help after you finalize your opinion, and see where the vape leads you!

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

Answer: Let's start with some basics....I'm going to ass-u-me the pot is newly fully filled with a medium grind. Don't tamp to hard when filling. You don't want it tightly packed.
- Set to temp level 4
- Using whichever technique you prefer to cause the LEDs to go green (indicating the heater is ready), take the longest medium inhalation you can (you should hear a slight chugging sound as you inhale). Please make sure you are inhaling while the LEDs are green and try and count the seconds you are drawing while the lights are green. There will be a test later :lol: I apologize if you get choked out but honestly....that's the goal. I'm thinking we just have to get you a good cloudy hit and then you can adjust your technique from there. Just to be clear...if I did this on my TB I would cough up a lung due to the size of the hit.

I am concerned that it is not heating correctly. I had to stir the pot while on levels 1 and 2 as it was browning on top and still green underneath.
Answer: It sounds like you might not be drawing hard enough to push the heat through the entire pot or maybe you're packing the pot to tightly or not inhaling long enough. Also ... not sure how many hits you took and seeing a little green for the first 2-4 hits on level 1 and 2 wouldn't be surprising if the draw was too light or not inhaling long enough.

This might be normal but I am not sure. I took a draw at level 3, then removed the stem to check my herbs and to stir if needed. I stirred and for about 10 secs while the stem was removed from the puck, vapour was still visibly escaping from the top of the stem.
Answer: You may want to take a clearing puff each time you finish a draw kinda like clearing a bong when you finish the draw. When the lights stop being green just draw enough to clear the stem of any vapor.

Does anyone else’s tall mouthpiece just not fit in to the stem? The short one slides in nicely but the tall one sits proud of the stem (more so than it should).
Answer: Not sure how far up the larger stem is protruding. First make sure the mouthpiece is inserted with the curve lining up with the stem. My technique for putting in the stem is to push it in till it's flush with the stem and then pull it out about a eighth of an inch because if I jamm it in as far as I can it can cause the inner walls of the mouthpiece to cave in a little causing some draw restriction.

Good Luck! Let us know how it works out.

EDIT: SORRY...Didn't mean to step on the earlier helpful posts....I didn't see them until after I posted this one.

Shit Snacks

Oh sorry I forgot to address this one, but I had the same trouble with mine when I first got it, felt like I was pushing it so far all the way in yet could not get it to go further and fit flush... I just dealt with it sticking out a little further at first, but over time after taking it out and putting it back in a few times, I think after my first cleaning, I can now get it to go in all the way to be flush like it should be... It can just take some good pushing!
.... :hmm::lmao: :rofl:

Last edited:

Mr. Me2

My welcome to FC to you too!

Is the TB your first vape and first experience with vaping? If so, that may be part of your reaction. Vaping is MUCH different from smoking/combusting, so keep that in mind.

And for me, the TB vapor is so cool, you may not realize you’re getting a decent pull. A vaping buzz is different from a combusting buzz too.

Having said all of that, I believe you and what you are saying. I’ll add that you may want to play with your draw speed. The slower you draw, the more likely you’ll char the top of your load. When that happens, you’ll get much more vapor but (relatively) lousy taste.

Shit Snacks

I’ll add that you may want to play with your draw speed. The slower you draw, the more likely you’ll char the top of your load. When that happens, you’ll get much more vapor but (relatively) lousy taste.

This is a good point, you don't necessarily want to draw too fast either, but you certainly don't want the slow sip type draw that would char the top at level 4... For pure convection like this, you want a deep inhale as that is what is creating the vapor, so a deep inhale through the full load, and deep into your lungs... This really does feel quite different from smoking! (Not that I really remember what that feels like anymore lol)

rageweary

I'm not sure why they're still telling people that when they literally have no replacement units to send out. They assured me a speedy replacement as well before admitting they couldn't do anything as they have no inventory.

I wish you the best of luck, the day before I mailed Bowle in I had five different people try the unit I sent in, just as a sanity check to see if anyone could get a hit off the thing. But Tafee was unable to determine a problem.

Damn that sucks. I hope it doesn't take too long. I really enjoyed the bowle the 3 days I had with it. The potter I ordered arrived today. It seems pretty nice. Just wish my bowle was here to use it with

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Still no glass blower released a dedicaced bubbler? The Bowle may be pretty harsh on the throat even on level 2. Especially with a full bowl of very resinous flowers.

Still very happy with mine, got some tiny heating issues, mainly when unit is cold, I can't start on level 1&2 (led came back to standby after 3-4s, no vapor), it's working right with settings 3&4. I "unlock" the device with a firts hit on level 3 and go down to 1 or 2 after that first high temp hit "unlocked" the puck. No issues while room temp is hot enough or for subsequents sessions. It happened a few times the led stays green a few seconds after I stopped to draw, although base unit doesn't seems to be overheated (it may be slightly hot but nothing I can call "too much").

Nothing so cumbersome to think about to send my unit back to the States, I can live with these tiny issues.

condition

dont forget if you use another cable other than stock that it supports the QC3 fast charger or you could end up locking your bowle in trickle charge mode and have to reset it.
I have my TB for only 2 days and although I am impressed so far, a glitch like the one quoted above makes it's true portability (of a vape with inadequate battery) depending on whether you carry the original charger with you or not , Why TF do I have to carry the charger together with a portable vape powered by micro usb that is available in almost every home or power bank?

androponic

vaped.
I have my TB for only 2 days and although I am impressed so far, a glitch like the one quoted above makes it's true portability (of a vape with inadequate battery) depending on whether you carry the original charger with you or not , Why TF do I have to carry the charger together with a portable vape powered by micro usb that is available in almost every home or power bank?
you can use other chargers but non QC3 will charge slower thats all

Top Bottom