Tafée Bowle

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Has anyone used the Bowle both indoors and outdoors (in a ‘wintery’ climate) enough to have a good feel for the effects of the cold on battery life? I’m trying to get a feel for whether my battery life is within the normal range. I’m a deck-vaper almost exclusively due to my spouse being sensitive to weed, and all of my use of the Bowle has been around 32-40f, usually closer to 40f (the Bowle is at normal room temp until immediately before use).

I’m getting three bowls fully extracted on a charge if I’m making heavier use of level 3/4 to plow through them, or two bowls if I’m taking a more leisurely approach and spending time with several level 1/2 draws. Does this seem reasonable, given the temperature of the air being heated? And if you’re seeing similar outdoor performance, how many bowls are you able to get through on a charge when indoors?
I find it's easier to gauge the performance by counting draws. How many draws are you getting?

staircase slight of hand

I find it's easier to gauge the performance by counting draws. How many draws are you getting?

About 20 draws in total, which gets me down to two lights when I check the battery indicator. I can start another bowl at that point, but can’t finish it (I get the knight-rider-style chasing lights well before the bowl is done).

[edit: this is in 32-40f weather, for those of you who haven’t been following my little derail]

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
No the option to buy Bowle without drinkware and potter+ did not have a special name... Perhaps you are overthinking this Bowle+ stuff from the patent?? ;)

What do you think about the Potter+?

I tried it once and it seemed to smash more herb into the grinder than it loaded into the pots. I even broke the nug up and spread it out before grinding as the manual suggests. I assumed the folks who got the metal potters lucked out, but I haven’t seen too much radio chatter overall on these grinders, which is maybe a little surprising to me considering there are some serious grinder connoisseurs on FC! I’ve been wanting to try the potter again to give it another chance, so I’ll give it a go this afternoon.

Why would the plastic/free one be designated with “+” and the metal one not? Inquiring minds (mine) wants to know.

It must be a Canadian thing :spliff: :spliff:

Just kidding, Canadients :wave:

but I’d be shocked if it was something they were actively working on right now rather than refining the current model.
Maybe, but they registered Bowle in 2018 so they’ve probably been “refining the current model” for a while now!

perhaps my Bowle+ vapespiracy theories were a little premature, but you can’t they they aren’t exciting! :science:

About 20 draws in total, which gets me down to two lights when I check the battery indicator.

That still sounds decent to me, from a full charge, I’m usually down to three lights after just three draws.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

I tried it once and it seemed to smash more herb into the grinder than it loaded into the pots. I even broke the nug up and spread it out before grinding as the manual suggests. I assumed the folks who got the metal potters lucked out, but I haven’t seen too much radio chatter overall on these grinders, which is maybe a little surprising to me considering there are some serious grinder connoisseurs on FC! I’ve been wanting to try the potter again to give it another chance, so I’ll give it a go this afternoon.

I have not tried it yet, I don't have a lot of interest in it, I have too many nice metal grinders so why would I use a cheap plastic one?? Even with the metal one, which I don't have, the ability to grind into the chambers is cool, but not worth using a different grinder for it in my case... (I mean I also only have two chamber pots in rotation right now, I use one until it gets too dirty then I used the other one until it gets too dirty and then I clean them both, all the other three are still sitting unused brand new for now)

Yeah I never would have considered myself a grinder connoisseur before, but now I have and I'm getting so many lol To me the metal Potter looks more like an old school SCS, which is not bad, I do think the old SCS teeth are better than the new ones, though the teeth in the potter are different from both of course... But yeah I like my BCG too much, someone actually posted that five chamber pots can fit into a BCG okay! You will get a little spill over and around, but that would be a fun thing to try someday...

The thing that made me want the metal potter more than anything else was that artwork on the early ones that went out!

staircase slight of hand

I tried it once and it seemed to smash more herb into the grinder than it loaded into the pots. I even broke the nug up and spread it out before grinding as the manual suggests.

This describes my experience as well. An awful lot of weed just spun around and around, never getting fine enough to drop through the holes. It’s a nice idea (and maybe the metal one works better), but I find it infinitely easier to either use the pots to scoop directly from a three-piece grinder or just carefully pour directly into the pot.

What I’d love much more than a plastic grinder would be some sort of pot-caddy solution.

Smknbud

Does anyone have both the small and large tafee bowle? I went to order the large one today and it's out of stock. I am torn between waiting for it to re-stock and just getting the smaller one.
Same boat here. I just got a response, very quick btw, and the estimate for the 400 ML is end of March sadly. That's the size I want so wait I shall.

staircase slight of hand

It would be nice (and keep the income coming in) if they brought back the basic bundles without cup so that folks could buy now and then get an a la carte cup when they’re back in stock (if they want).

The only explanation for the disappearance of the no-cup-bundle (especially now that they seem to’ve run out of large cups) that makes sense to me is that they must have realized that $300 was simply too low for the vape itself to be profitable.

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker

I have a metal Potter and it does the job, but it can be a pain in the ass.
It's not a bad grinder but sometimes it can't evenly distribute the herb between the four cups or the herb doesn't want to get in the cup anymore so I have to open it and tamp each of the cups. I have to do this a couple of times to get all the herb I need in the cups for my sessions, it's laborious.
Now I use my BCG to grind and dump the herb in the Potter after like @Vitolo does. The cups are easier to fill evenly this way.
I could just use the cups to scoop the herb directly in the BCG but if I need to fill four cups it's the way to go.

Michel

The manual advices to grind a few turns in each direction by holding the potter upside down first, which should evenly spare the material in the top lid. It shouldn’t make a difference if you dumb the material from another grinder or the potter’s top lid by flipping it in its upright position.
Bone dry material works best for me. I tend to slightly overfill the potter so the material is getting pushed out into the pots by every turn in its upright position.

Sticky material is a pita...

Edit: I’m obviously speaking about the metal potter.

@Bad Dog, I get best results with very dry material, medium to fine grind. Slightly tamped and filled to the rim. Basically like a Minivap basket if this helps. I preheat the pot with a 5-6 sec pull, then give the heater a short rest for just a few seconds and directly hit it again. When pulling strongly the heater cuts off exactly when I can’t breathe in any vapor anyways and my lungs are on their volume limit. On 3 or 4 I manage to get hits like from my hopper iO on 3 or 4 but I have to inhale much more volume of air/vapor ratio with the Bowle for a satisfying hit.

Last edited:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
As updated earlier I'm now getting better performance after several resets. It not perfect but I think it is better
First picture one full duration hit level 3
image_67112961.JPG
Still hotspoting toward the back but much more yellow and browning on the rest of the bowl

Picture two second hit ,no stir, same, browning more pronounced
image_67119873.JPG
A quick stir and one more hit and that was all she wrote with nice brown avb.

Vitolo

Vaporist
but not worth using a different grinder for it in my case.
I agree. The Potter is not a very good grinder, but their hearts were in the right place.
I do not use the potter any longer.. I grind in my NewVape grinder....
I fill all pots by hand.
I store the hand filled pots in the potter to keep them safe, and to have a place to put my dead "pots".
My opinion is not unlike your own!

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
About 20 draws in total, which gets me down to two lights when I check the battery indicator. I can start another bowl at that point, but can’t finish it (I get the knight-rider-style chasing lights well before the bowl is done).

[edit: this is in 32-40f weather, for those of you who haven’t been following my little derail]
I was getting around 18-22 draws per charge initially and recently I did a new count and got 27 draws. 20 would put you right in the middle of the performance I was getting for the first week or so which I thought was fine. Maybe I should do another count test on my end to see if the 27 was an anomaly.

That still sounds decent to me, from a full charge, I’m usually down to three lights after just three draws.
I'm not an expert on grinders by a long shot but I like the metal potter. Good magnets, no threads, smooth. Fills the pots with little waste.

It performs two functions for me....grinder and pot dispenser/carrier. I keep them together as a team.

Haven't tried the plastic potter+ - my 2 year old granddaughter loves taking it apart and putting it back together again and it's still in one piece .... I think......

Vitolo

Vaporist
I was getting around 18-22
I get about 20 also. I can wring more hits out of it if I stayed low... I can't seem to help myself. I have to take it to 4 for the last couple of hits!
my 2 year old granddaughter
Looking through a child's eyes, that grinder sure looks like fun!
I like it enough maybe I'll get the large one in a few months
It makes it easier to drink out of with impunity... as same amount of liquid will leave you much room up top.
I thought they would sell the long stem/400Ml glass as a combo... for those wanting to "switch it up" from time to time.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
To add to the extraction conversation, I submit to you a bowl of strawberry mimosa, vaped two hits at each level (I think, it was earlier in the day so can't remember exactly anymore, may have taken more hits)

PXL-20210212-223102103.jpg

PXL-20210212-223302852.jpg

PXL-20210212-223403234.jpg

Pretty good by my standards, this was a chunkier more uneven grind, so the less even extraction checks out, but it is still thorough enough for me (these photos might make it look like it still has some green, but it really didn't seem to in person) and not worth stirring. If I grind and load differently, I can get a more even extraction for sure!

Also getting to be time to clean this chamber pot as the screen is pretty dirty, but still going strong! Again big tip for keeping the chamber pot clean as long as possible, is to dump the spent load as immediately as possible after finishing a bowl... But another little tip, to keep the ceramic walls of the chamber pot cleaner, I just use my pinky to wipe them down after jumping as well (make sure it is cooled down a little bit though)

west-elec

To add to the extraction conversation, I submit to you a bowl of strawberry mimosa, vaped two hits at each level (I think, it was earlier in the day so can't remember exactly anymore, may have taken more hits)
May have been more than 8 hits?, that doesn't look anything like my ABV. It may be a trick of the photo but mine would be far darker throughout after far fewer hits, unless your draw is very short? I've never had uneven roasting of the top, always brown right to the edge and I can never spot any green.

Smknbud

I thought they would sell the long stem/400Ml glass as a combo... for those wanting to "switch it up" from time to time.

That should have but didn't cross my mind to ask. I will do that now and if the answer is 'yes' I could be swayed to buy the 250 ML. Their response for out of stock issues was supply limitations so this may prove difficult for them.

SquirrelMaster

It must be a Canadian thing :spliff: :spliff:
Ha, no the Canadian thing was naming it a puck from our times honored tradition of hockey! Or am I the only one that noticed that?

This describes my experience as well. An awful lot of weed just spun around and around, never getting fine enough to drop through the holes. It’s a nice idea (and maybe the metal one works better), but I find it infinitely easier to either use the pots to scoop directly from a three-piece grinder or just carefully pour directly into the pot.

What I’d love much more than a plastic grinder would be some sort of pot-caddy solution.

I have a metal Potter and it does the job, but it can be a pain in the ass.
It's not a bad grinder but sometimes it can't evenly distribute the herb between the four cups or the herb doesn't want to get in the cup anymore so I have to open it and tamp each of the cups. I have to do this a couple of times to get all the herb I need in the cups for my sessions, it's laborious.
Now I use my BCG to grind and dump the herb in the Potter after like @Vitolo does. The cups are easier to fill evenly this way.
I could just use the cups to scoop the herb directly in the BCG but if I need to fill four cups it's the way to go.
With either Potter I turn them a few times, smack the grinder on my hand (to settle flower into pots) and repeat. The smacking is required to settle the pots ime.

The metal Potter is a big upgrade over the plastic but it's no BCG obviously (the benchmark for most). My flower is pretty sticky and I've had to scrap off crushed flower with a plastic tool that was stuck to the aluminum surface in the toothed area. It requires a little more maintenance then BCG owners are use to, at least mine has, but if I have to load 4 pots I'll still grab it because loading and storing is easy. The art work looks great as well!

The Potter+ works if you don't have another option but I wouldn't want it loose in a backpack if it left the house as it doesn't seem super secure. Also the plastic surface seems to get dirty faster than metal options. That funnel though! That's my favorite part, I'm using it on all my other vapes and I can't believe I went so long without one.

@Bad Dog
If you're getting 20 hits but it's not as effective in the cold I think that makes sense. If the puck is stored in the cold you'll notice a drop in battery, at least I did. I'm getting about 20 draws (15 seconds each) which allow me to finish 4-5 pots and that's at about 11°C/52°F ambient. I could have really tested the battery life in the cold this past week as we dipped below -40°C/-40°F but that sounds horrible :lol:.

jbm

I did a reset, charged up completely, and got 38 draws over 5 bowls out of a charge. The draw sensor worked fine most times, but occasionally I didn't get the best seal on the flat mouthpiece and it cut out 4 times. This was almost all at level 2 - I might have bumped it to 3 once or twice. Large cup, long stem. Pretty solid. The smoothness and coolness of this thing are almost uncanny. Plus it medicates like a motherfucker, I even feel the effects of CBD weed (Goat Hill Sour Space Candy and Eight Horses ACDC so far in it) more strongly. Plus I drink a LOT of water when I use this thing. Even when I'm not vaping from it I drink out of it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom