Tafée Bowle

Green Kiwi

dropped one today.. leaving a standing stem unattended on an uneven surface.
It landed 4 feet to a tile floor... bounced as high as my knees, and continued to hit the ground (making my very teeth ache!)
3 more times. It took ten minutes to locate it.
Unharmed,
🤣,and very good to know as I am clumsy sometimes, you don't want to know.....:worms:.
Oh and customer service has been phenomenal so far as well. Tafee is treating customers right and that's always a win in my books.
Yes I remember that you had some trouble/worry about your battery performance.
Can I ask what the solution was?:sherlock:.
Also very good to hear this information about their CS.Thank you:leaf:.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

I like the art work on the front of the Potter, it's a nice looking grinder. I'm really enjoying the system that Tafee put together for loading up a few bowls at a time. I tend to load a little extra so after I vape a bowl or two I'll put the empties back in the grinder and grind to fill them back up. The slots that allow flower to fall through aren't so big that I make a mess when I open it after loading too much which is just good design.

@ChooChooCharlie As much as I like WPA's some of my other devices I don't feel the need for anything at all with the Bowle. I hope something is made because I'm sure there's a few people out there that would take advantage of such an add-on but built in cooling of Bowle is top tier imo.

I couldn't pick one attribute, it's a combination of nearly instant warm-up and its excellent extraction and vapour cooling properties without sacrificing taste. On top of that I really enjoy the cup and the overall design of the device is very sleek. Take away the cup (like many have) and you still have a great convection device but the cup is really awesome and makes this device so special imo. Anyone that's skeptical and feels like this is an attempt as the "spork" of vapes should watch a usage video. The Bowle pumps out vapour!

I was vaping some Secret Cookies x Kush Mints #11 last night (pictured above) after filling my cup with water and a drop of mint oil and the combination of gassy sweet terpenes from the flower and the mint when I would smell or take a drink was amazing! Temp 1 then 2, stir, temp 3, stir, temp 4, done. I can extend it at the lower end of temperatures if I choose and the slower I jump in temperature the less stirring is needed but I'm really liking my routine.

Oh and customer service has been phenomenal so far as well. Tafee is treating customers right and that's always a win in my books.

Oooh yeah I really like that artwork on the potter! Might not mind if it were on the top of my Bowle in fact... I really cannot buy another grinder, but the potter sure is nice!

@Green Kiwi I think with proper testing he's leveled out at around five bowls average per charge, which seems to be a fair estimate for me as well, you can maybe get more or less depending on your usage though...?

ChooChooCharlie

Used Bowle for about a month. I got a couple hints that I should iso clean the stem:

outer sides of pots collecting sticky resin from stem, and tiny bit of resin seepage through that single seam on rear of stem

My occasional cotton swabbing obviously is no longer sufficient. I'll just do the classic iso in plastic baggie, dunked in bowl of very hot water. Swish swash, not splish splash

Vitolo

Vaporist
I'll just do the classic iso in plastic baggie, dunked in bowl of very hot water. Swish swash, not splish splash
I still have not used the curved mouthpiece. I liked it so much as it came.. and stayed with it.
When I remove it I see baffles inside of the stem.
I wonder if they are fixed, or if they move (not experimenting these days)
I also wonder, if when one dismantles the stem, if the top part releases from the bowl?
It would have been a nice thought to include an appropriately sized allen wrench for this purpose.... I mean there's gaskets.
My pinky tip just beyond the silicone lip guard feels like glue. below the bowl are traditional convection droplets.
Is anyone going to take the stem apart? If they have ... sorry I missed it.
There's sharp angles... And me without a shopvac! (for drying stems fast)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Used Bowle for about a month. I got a couple hints that I should iso clean the stem:

outer sides of pots collecting sticky resin from stem, and tiny bit of resin seepage through that single seam on rear of stem

My occasional cotton swabbing obviously is no longer sufficient. I'll just do the classic iso in plastic baggie, dunked in bowl of very hot water. Swish swash, not splish splash

I still have not used the curved mouthpiece. I liked it so much as it came.. and stayed with it.
When I remove it I see baffles inside of the stem.
I wonder if they are fixed, or if they move (not experimenting these days)
I also wonder, if when one dismantles the stem, if the top part releases from the bowl?
It would have been a nice thought to include an appropriately sized allen wrench for this purpose.... I mean there's gaskets.
My pinky tip just beyond the silicone lip guard feels like glue. below the bowl are traditional convection droplets.
Is anyone going to take the stem apart? If they have ... sorry I missed it.
There's sharp angles... And me without a shopvac! (for drying stems fast)

There is indeed a tool included for this purpose, I have not taken mine apart yet, but I just did my second full cleaning, which just entailed pouring iso in to shake around, easing a little soap paper towel and fingers to clean the bottom panel, shake around with more iso and rinsing with hot water. Quick soak of the long mouthpiece and two chamber pots in iso before rinsing and hot water, using the hair dryer for everything after... Pretty quick and easy!

imor jones

I am dreaming of a crafted wooden cup for the bowle. That comes with a battery Pack(maybe 4 x18650), (or a Pack with 2 exchangeable 18650 would already be handy). A Slot for the grinder, a dump for the avb, Slot for a picking tool and maybe Space for some extra herb! Or maybe no grinderspace. Just Space for some pregrinded herb and a scoop.
And i have a piece of Cherry Wood in th basement, that should work ( Not that i am an experienced wood carver...:))
And If its too hard to craft Out of Wood, then maybe 3d printed....
A Problem might be the LEDs !?
Looking forward to the arrival of my bowle ;)

Cheers mates...

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

You can see closeups of stem in Bud's Bowle first look video, at 1hr 25min. He doesn't say size of torx bit. Don't see any special cooling design baffles inside, everything seems basic, but it cools. You can see where those extra rectangular o-rings go. He seemed confused/concerned about screws, but vapor is hitting steel baseplate, steel screen, aluminum stem, so I don't think steel screws are gonna screw up anything. I don't own a torx set, know they're cheap, but why bother? I'm just gonna put entire stem in iso baggie

simplywonderful

I believe it's USB 3.0 but I'd need to look up the specifications for that standard. I've never seen a device with quick charging that wasn't USB-C so I'm not 100% sure since it uses micro. My Mighty is also very clean as I use dosing caps exclusively but I definte don't remember hearing about a change to SS. Mine is just over a year old.

The 43 on my SSV is paying homage to the G43 and its glass balls i.e. my SSV is full of 3mm glass beads (credit to 420Vapezone). I think I know what you mean about the Mighty vapour being scratchy while going down. The Bowle has the smoothest vapour of all my devices when I think of device only cooling. MV1 may be better but doesn't hit hard enough. I'd have to test side by side but the Bowle is very smooth. The coughing comes after when you realize how big of a hit you just got.
I remember that g43 male to male filled with glass balls, so did you made something similar with male to male joint/ddave style mod of the lsv? Did Troy made a video about it ? and one last question do you use that lsv with glass rig or solely ? thak yu
Challenge accepted...

View attachment 5331

All packed into a single Bowle pot. The draw still felt open and the clouds were great. Light pack... hard pack... Bowle laughs at it all.
I really like that little jar with the debowler thingy or whatever it is called, would you please tell me how did you made it or where did you get it? makes life easier than reaching out for a tool everytime
thank you

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
@ChooChooCharlie As much as I like WPA's some of my other devices I don't feel the need for anything at all with the Bowle. I hope something is made because I'm sure there's a few people out there that would take advantage of such an add-on but built in cooling of Bowle is top tier imo.

The irony is that the use of a bubbler might help in an area where the Bowle just works too well for me....I can't always tell when I need to stop drawing or run the chance of coughing up a huge cloud. Sometimes I don't feel the hit reach that "You've had enough" point until it's too late. Admittedly I don't have iron lungs. A bubbler might add some moisture and a visual reference/cue. The Bowle is really cool and so are the hits. :D

Last night I made a kief sandwich (herb, kief, more herb) and started off at temp 2. First hit caught me off guard and I tried like hell not to cough it up. Should have started off at temp level 1 like @Shit Snacks has suggested and maybe, just maybe, I could have held onto that hit.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Bowle is a BEAST for kief/pollen, definitely my favorite way to consume this fine material. I've been putting a layer on top of a pot, and am just blown away by how well it extracts. I also find that my pollen does not filter down and get sucked into the stem as it does when trying to vape in so many other devices. It stays put and gets fully extracted.

I am eager to find the right tool to open up the stem. In spite of the additional work, I prefer full tear-downs when cleaning... so long as I am able to reassemble.

androponic

vaped.
It may be a conventional hex, like tiny Allen wrench type? both my vision and tool knowledge suck
@FlyingLow and whoever else is curious the screw is a 1.5mm hex. (allen) to open the lower panel of the stem. Careful during reassembly, the orange gasket needs to sit in a channel in the stem for the cover to sit nice and flush. it wants to move and it takes a sec to be sure it stays put.

Last edited:

wm762

Product Tester / Reviewer
A drinking glass accompanies this vape, and can be used for a drink, or stealth, but it is not part of the vape "process".
that is great to hear. i am looking for a device that i can put in my pocket and use on the go.

i am thinking of either getting a Tinymight (Version 2 once released), the Mighty, or perhaps a Tafee Bowle depending on the reviews. Yes, i can wait a full year until something new emerges in the market.

wm762,
Reactions: Vitolo

SquirrelMaster

@Green Kiwi
Tafee sent me a very detailed reply the same day I messaged them. I'll post it below for anyone wondering but I feel like my request for more battery has been taken seriously and the battery life I'm seeing is normal. I'm also still very grateful for the upgraded shipping and freebies that myself and many others have received so far.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you so kindly for your warm words of compliment and your patronage.

We are sincerely sorry that the battery life does not meet your expectations.
We are listening on how we can improve guidance with your feedback guiding us alongside the other variety of users.

Initially we opted for an internally generated benchmark, wherein a session did not basically constitute of completely consuming one Ceramic Pot.

Integral factors like;
1. How much volume of organic compounds is effectively and efficiently delivered by Bowle per inhalation.
2. Sessions with breaks spread out between days by casual users.
3. Volume and conditional makeup of material inside the Ceramic Pot.
4. Difference in duration of each inhalation between a new, intermediate or advanced, casual or wellness user.
5. Variance in opinion of what constitutes a consumed Ceramic Pot. Lack or Aerosol produced or loss of taste.

These dynamic factors led us to begin with guidance on what a session in Bolwe could be, and not in Ceramic Pots.
However, it is clear how 8 to 12 sessions can be understood to mean 8 to 12 Ceramic Pots, without added disclosure.
Please accept our apologies for this mixup.
As we receive continued feedback like yours we will be able to provide improved guidance.

In the interim, we made sure to aid users with the ability to quickly recharge units conveniently and safely with the included power adapter and charge cable. But we definitely hear you loud and clear, more battery would be welcome.

Yes, regarding the verification of a full charge. In certain situations the fast charge chip may not have made proper connection as required with the puck during charging. In such a situation, on the top end of the battery a charge protection protocol could be engaged, resulting in a trickle charge on the top end. Removing the cable, waiting a few seconds and re-inserting the cable should reset this and allow proper charge protocols in charging the top end of the battery.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you're use to Arizer sized loads or micro dose with a log then 8-12 "sessions" would be bang on I think. I wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong idea purchasing a Bowle thinking the battery life is along the same lines as a Mighty for example but even though it's shorter I would take a Bowle any day of the week. Once the honeymoon is over I'll cycle in different devices but if the Bowle has a charge it's probably the first thing I'll reach for because of the convenience and speed.

As @Shit Snacks said I'm averaging 5 bowls per charge and after my post about battery concerns (when I got 4 bowls on two charges) I got in two more 5 bowl charges (each charge split between 2 sessions) and last night did a back to back 6 bowl session. I couldn't see straight after that :rofl: :leaf::freak:, and I slept like a bear in hibernation. If the performance was sub par it would be another story but that and every other aspect of this device is so top tier that it can be forgiven imo if I need to stay plugged in more often.

@imor jones
That sounds a fantastic idea! For the lights either a hole drilled straight down or at an angle on the front would be good enough I think. You're exciting me thinking about spots for a stir stick, bowls, avb, snacks lol. If you make something you'll have to post it, you have a great idea.

@simplywonderful
I only have the SSV modded not the LSV. I didn't have the exact screens so mine was done a little differently but works the same. I followed the 420Vapezone guide.

@His_Highness
That is very true on gauging hits. I constantly find myself doing that with the Bowle though admittedly I know better and like doing that to myself :D.

@wm762 You do not need the cup and of those 3 I would take the Bowle personally if I was buying right now.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
that is great to hear. i am looking for a device that i can put in my pocket and use on the go.

i am thinking of either getting a Tinymight (Version 2 once released), the Mighty, or perhaps a Tafee Bowle depending on the reviews. Yes, i can wait a full year until something new emerges in the market.
As previously mentioned you don't have to use the cup that comes with the Bowle. If I use the Bowle during the day I don't have the cup on it. After dinner I use the cup for my nightly vape, vodka and cranberry. I have the large cup and both the cup and battery easily last me through the night if I started the night with a full charge.

As far as a vape you can put in your pocket....I wouldn't say the Bowle would work unless you are talking cargo pants and the large pockets on the pants leg and even then it wouldn't be comfortable. IMO the Bowle is very portable but not pocketable. Just to be clear....If pocketable to you means portable and stealthy the Bowle, while the cup is on it, isn't likely to turn a head unless you blow out a massive cloud.

MinnBobber

Bowle battery: since one Bowle parent is miniVAP, keep it in the family and offer their awesome battery with a Bowle adapter to clip in like the cup.
I did send this to Sticks and to Jorge at miniVAP.

I hope lights stay where they are but charge port moved to side of puck , or second port added on the side.

Attachments

• 014E72AF-8C00-4CC0-AE3E-2E0B6C17C213.jpeg
    014E72AF-8C00-4CC0-AE3E-2E0B6C17C213.jpeg
    249.2 KB · Views: 41
Top Bottom