Tafée Bowle

vapviking

Old & In the Way
So the green one is missing from the site...I see!
Not to :horse:, but the thing Charlie and I agreed on was that there is no listing** at present, in any color, for the most recent Potter (we're calling it the 2).

**Correction, there is no individual listing, but it is offered and pictured with the Silver Edition combo.

It is the one that holds 4 additional pots in a bottom compartment, for a total of 8.
All other Potters carry only 4.
If you see one on the site, please show us a link!

The main reason for confusion is Tafee's slow roll on the update of the website with clear information.

Dr. G

***Old Resident*** Vapman Collector
Not to :horse:, but the thing Charlie and I agreed on was that there is no listing** at present, in any color, for the most recent Potter (we're calling it the 2).

**Correction, there is no individual listing, but it is offered and pictured with the Silver Edition combo.

It is the one that holds 4 additional pots in a bottom compartment, for a total of 8.
All other Potters carry only 4.
If you see one on the site, please show us a link!

The main reason for confusion is Tafee's slow roll on the update of the website with clear information.
I totally get it and you are right! Because the photo was posted it became clear and yes, there is a major problem with clarity on the site...its clear in my brain because I know what I have at home...etc. But, now when I went on the site and not stoned right now....it needs work. Thanks for posting this clarification...you are awesome. Thanks. I super get it now.

The green one with the double compartment I saw Troy had one on his show when he opened up his Bowle...I got the silver one...its beautiful but, I am not really using it at all. I am using the plastic one...it does good work.

Cheers...have a beautiful day. Thanks to both of you for clarifying...
G

Sneech

I can confirm both my first gen devices are dead.
Great one month review @m0sh! My TB2 should be arriving today! So excited to check it out! I was just wondering how long you owned the 2 OG TBs before they failed on you? For a $450+ device I hope they at least last a few years.

Also I see you have a TM2, did you happen to own a TM1 as well? I brought my TM1 out of the house once and between the glass stem and only having about 4-5 puffs before its all vaped, I was more worried and anxious having it with me and breaking it than anything else. With the all plastic and metal construction of the TB I thought for sure this would be my out and about vape prior to reading your post.

@ChooChooCharlie I don't know what made you think this community isn't full of warm vibes but it was your post of your green Potter Series II that truly answered my initial question I had about the 3 different potters they offer. I didn't even realize the Series II could hold 8 pots while the others only hold 4. If my package coming in the mail today doesn't have the additional Potter Series II, I will have to email the company to ask how I can purchase it, since they are not yet offered on the site.
Plus, I love your glass art collection! You do you, but IMO all you brought to this thread are immaculate vibes and I hope you continue to do so!

Edit: @ChooChooCharlie tried to send you a DM but it wouldn't let me, so I'm just adding it here:
"I noticed you and Grass Yes are both very much into collecting glass art. I'm intrigued about the hobby, and was wondering if we could talk a bit about how you first got into collecting glass Art and your process for choosing which piece to search for and buy from auction next.

When I saw some pieces you posted from Dale Chihuly his glass looked kind of familiar to me and sure enough I just confirmed that two of the places I frequent in my home state of CT house two of his massive sculptures, Mohegan Sun and The Bushnell!
https://bushnell.org/visit/visual-arts"

Last edited:

Dr. G

Great one month review @m0sh! My TB2 should be arriving today! So excited to check it out! I was just wondering how long you owned the 2 OG TBs before they failed on you? For a $450+ device I hope they at least last a few years.

Also I see you have a TM2, did you happen to own a TM1 as well? I brought my TM1 out of the house once and between the glass stem and only having about 4-5 puffs before its all vaped, I was more worried and anxious having it with me and breaking it than anything else. With the all plastic and metal construction of the TB I thought for sure this would be my out and about vape prior to reading your post.

@ChooChooCharlie I don't know what made you think this community isn't full of warm vibes but it was your post of your green Potter Series II that truly answered my initial question I had about the 3 different potters they offer. I didn't even realize the Series II could hold 8 pots while the others only hold 4. If my package coming in the mail today doesn't have the additional Potter Series II, I will have to email the company to ask how I can purchase it, since they are not yet offered on the site.
Plus, I love your glass art collection! You do you, but IMO all you brought to this thread are immaculate vibes and I hope you continue to do so!
Congratulations! Cheers! What I find best is that I am not afraid to take this outside...I keep my Tinymight's inside...no glass for me outside. My hands are too weak and I drop everything.

Also, the clarification of the 3 different potters is outstanding. Who the hell would have known that! Not I !!! Thank you lots!

Dr. G,

Sneech

I got my Bowle II! Woooo baby! I just love the feeling of exploring a brand new vape, it doesn't come often in life, at least for me!

First impressions, very different that any other vapes I own, and I think that's due to the design philosophy with this unit. It feels heavy, simple, yet sophisticated enough to feel premium.

I was surprised the plastic cup part actually extends all the way around the puck. That makes sense now in operation, as other methods might allow the puck to fall while someone is holding just the cup part.

The standard TB Series II did come with a surprise freebie extra stubby stem in addition to the standard size one, which is a nice bonus! No Potter Series II though but that's OK. I'll just have to wait to pick one up when they become available on the store!

I'm still trying to figure out how to use the Potter+ properly. The directions talk about grinding 5 times upside down, and then 5 times right side up, but for someone who has never seen a potter+ before, there is no clear indication of which side is actually up and down. I ended up figuring that the up side is the one where the pots are on the bottom facing up in the end, and went with that, but it just wasn't very clear.
They also say to open the Potter+ gently like a clam when trying to access the filled pots. Boy, let me tell you I was applying pressure ever so slightly and the thing just wouldn't come apart! A little more pressure, a little more, then BOOM, the thing flies open all at once, herb flying out of the pots and all over my hands and table! I have to get better at opening this thing!

Also, the Potter+ comes with this little funnel piece as well as a tiny 1" long dabbing spoon looking thing with a gasket half way up it, I have no idea what either of these things could possibly be used for and the instruction manual fails to mention either of them entirely as well.

I'm testing it out right now on temps level 1 and 2 so far. No vapor at all on level 1, but I think I was still figuring out the draw angle and speed too. Level 2 now I see the faintest vapor but the draws are pretty tasty for sure. I'm feeling it too, so its working even though it feels like I'm drawing mostly air on the lower temps!

I'll report back again once I've had a few more sessions! I don't have any Art Glass to post but I've been having an amazing time bowlen and buildin my time machine!

Dr. G

I got my Bowle II! Woooo baby! I just love the feeling of exploring a brand new vape, it doesn't come often in life, at least for me!

First impressions, very different that any other vapes I own, and I think that's due to the design philosophy with this unit. It feels heavy, simple, yet sophisticated enough to feel premium.

I was surprised the plastic cup part actually extends all the way around the puck. That makes sense now in operation, as other methods might allow the puck to fall while someone is holding just the cup part.

The standard TB Series II did come with a surprise freebie extra stubby stem in addition to the standard size one, which is a nice bonus! No Potter Series II though but that's OK. I'll just have to wait to pick one up when they become available on the store!

I'm still trying to figure out how to use the Potter+ properly. The directions talk about grinding 5 times upside down, and then 5 times right side up, but for someone who has never seen a potter+ before, there is no clear indication of which side is actually up and down. I ended up figuring that the up side is the one where the pots are on the bottom facing up in the end, and went with that, but it just wasn't very clear.
They also say to open the Potter+ gently like a clam when trying to access the filled pots. Boy, let me tell you I was applying pressure ever so slightly and the thing just wouldn't come apart! A little more pressure, a little more, then BOOM, the thing flies open all at once, herb flying out of the pots and all over my hands and table! I have to get better at opening this thing!

Also, the Potter+ comes with this little funnel piece as well as a tiny 1" long dabbing spoon looking thing with a gasket half way up it, I have no idea what either of these things could possibly be used for and the instruction manual fails to mention either of them entirely as well.

I'm testing it out right now on temps level 1 and 2 so far. No vapor at all on level 1, but I think I was still figuring out the draw angle and speed too. Level 2 now I see the faintest vapor but the draws are pretty tasty for sure. I'm feeling it too, so its working even though it feels like I'm drawing mostly air on the lower temps!

I'll report back again once I've had a few more sessions! I don't have any Art Glass to post but I've been having an amazing time bowlen and buildin my time machine!

Congratulations and I truly hope you will love your new Bowle...Cheers! Must be exciting~

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner

Edit: @ChooChooCharlie tried to send you a DM but it wouldn't let me, so I'm just adding it here:
"I noticed you and Grass Yes are both very much into collecting glass art. I'm intrigued about the hobby, and was wondering if we could talk a bit about how you first got into collecting glass Art and your process for choosing which piece to search for and buy from auction next.

When I saw some pieces you posted from Dale Chihuly his glass looked kind of familiar to me and sure enough I just confirmed that two of the places I frequent in my home state of CT house two of his massive sculptures, Mohegan Sun and The Bushnell!
https://bushnell.org/visit/visual-arts"

Hi, yes, I did own TM1, and it was stolen /;

As for out and about, I couldn't disagree more, but it's all about the way you carry it and use it.
It's true that the stem can break, which sucks, and it did happen to me a couple of times, but I would still carry it instead of a TB.
The real issue for me with TB outdoors is actually loading the herb. Unlike TM, where you can just suck some air and grab the herb, here I need a bowl so I could leverage the herb inside, or use a scoop which I never liked. It is not ideal for me.

The way I'm going out and about is a small pouch, this small pouch contains the TM2, a XL stem wrapped in bubble wrap, a small film container with grounded herbs, 2 extra batteries and a pick tool (since I lost mine and I don't want to pay 20 euros for a new one).
When you have a pouch, you can do everything while walking, you don't even need to sit down, just pull your stem out, open the container, suck it up, close the container, put it back in the pouch, connect stem into the device, vape and return all to pouch. This can be done so quickly you won't even notice me vaping in the kindergarten when I'm with my daughter :p
I do love my Bowle, but it can't do that, so I just rather have it at home and use my TM where ever I want basically. It's true that TB2 is a possibility now since the battery is actually good, but for me, it's a lot more hassle.
I don't want to hijack this thread with TM content so if you want to see how I roll just go here.

budweis

Comfortably Numb
The cup is actually there but
There is a small compartment in the Potter+ where you can store a little bit more ground herb. The little funnel helps you to fill it inside the pots from there. And the little spoon is a stir tool with tamper.

Have fun exploring, although with Bowlee it's quite easy to have too much fun :)

vapviking

Old & In the Way
a tiny 1" long dabbing spoon looking thing with a gasket half way up it, I have no idea

And the little spoon is a stir tool with tamper.
Yes, the stir/tamp tool.
In the og Bowle, the tamper could stow in the puck base, slid into one of the 4 holes in the bottom.
New version of Bowle has a slightly smaller hole size, we're told the tool won't fit, it is waiting for a redesign or resizing of its o-ring.
So this is the stir tool from an og.
For me, they never fit well anyway, always tight, eventually just breaking the o-ring.

buckhakeesah

Is there a market for dead version 1 Bowles? I’m trying to keep my v1 running but I know battery is winding down. Anyone want to send me there dead bowles for surgery?

buckhakeesah,
Reactions: Dr. G

Dr. G

Yes, the stir/tamp tool.
In the og Bowle, the tamper could stow in the puck base, slid into one of the 4 holes in the bottom.
New version of Bowle has a slightly smaller hole size, we're told the tool won't fit, it is waiting for a redesign or resizing of its o-ring.
For me, they never fit well anyway, always tight, eventually just breaking the o-ring.
Great info thank you!

Dr. G,
Reactions: Vitolo

m0sh

Yes, the stir/tamp tool.
Very odd, never had issues.
It tight when the device is new but after a few tries it loosens ... now it actually the other way around, sometimes its too loose.
I always use it.

m0sh,
Reactions: Dr. G

Sneech

After a few days, I'm quite enjoying my TB2! The battery life is pretty great. After 2 or 3 sessions with my TM1, I'd have to change out the battery. After 3 sessions with the TB2 I'm still at 60%! Amazing! In the manual it says to keep it topped up though and not let it go to low, or keep it on the charger overnight, so I'll plug it in for a few hours after I get home from work today.

Thanks everyone, for explaining the functions of the stir tool and potter+. Bummer the stir tool doesn't fit in the TB2, it'll prob get lost soon it's so small.
The cup is actually there but

There is a small compartment in the Potter+ where you can store a little bit more ground herb. The little funnel helps you to fill it inside the pots from there. And the little spoon is a stir tool with tamper.

Have fun exploring, although with Bowlee it's quite easy to have too much fun :)
Is this the compartment that is below the pots on the very bottom with the removable cover? I was thinking this could be used to store something but I also noted the top part of that compartment has the plastic molding bumps of where the pots sit above it, I was thinking if I have herb stored in there and am walking around with the potter+ in a bag or pocket, when I open it next a bit of herb would be bound to get all clogged up in the grooves between the pot holders?

I just found an extended manual on Tafees website!

This is a lot better than the small manual that comes with the unit, as it answered most of the questions I had earlier. One thing that is interesting to note, in the small manual that comes with the TB2, there are two main methods of use described. The press and release fire button method to turn on and turn off the puck, and the press and hold method to activate the puck and then release to bring it back to standby. It's funny the manual that comes with the TB2 actually recommends the press and hold method over the quick fire method to extend lifetime of the battery and unit. However, in the full manual above, it only describes the press and release method of operation, and doesn't mention the press and hold method at all oddly.

This is fine though, because with the included manual, they way they described the press on, press off method was a bit confusing. Since the device turns itself off automatically after you stop inhaling, pressing the fire button a second time to turn off the oven sometimes happens at the same time as the auto off detection from lack of airflow and what ended up happening to me is the second press to turn the oven off actually activated it as I was going to put it down I noticed it went green again.

The extended manual clears this up by saying just to press the fire button once, inhale, and then it'll stop automatically when you stop inhaling.
I almost prefer the manual hold method though, it seems much more controllable and I can release the button a second before I stop drawing to clear the stem.

I do notice if I do a session (from power 1-4) and look in the ceramic pot its pretty dark in the center, and still kind of green / yellow on the outside, so stirring the pot half way though does seem like a good move.
What's everyones preferred method? Stirring once a pot, or maybe two?

Also, silly question for everyone, mostly preference, but for those of you who actually use the cup, do you rotate left or right after taking a draw, to sip from the cup? :p I started right myself, but am now noticing it feels more natural to rotate counter clockwise when holding with my right hand. Silly things, I know!

Edit: Not sure if anyone from Tafee company reads this thread but on Page 38 of the Full Operation Manual linked above, both steps 6 and 7 are exactly the same. Sorry, Quality Manager habits both in and out of work!

Last edited:

m0sh

I believe you made the greatest choice!!! ENJOYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
I believe so too, with all my love to Arizer, this device is just perfect in almost every-way.

BTW, I did confirm, Tafee has implemented a fail safe function for the heater. It will enter lockout if the heater is triggered a few times in a row without inhaling.

Last edited:

Sneech

Hey y'all, emailed Tafee and just got a confirmation that the Potter they are selling on their website is indeed the updated version! In case anyone was interested.

The potter+ is doing a decent job just fine so far for me though, but I will probably pick up the potter II soon too!

I am curious though, do you guys put the clear plastic cover of the potter+ on the top clear plastic tooth piece, or do you put it on the bottom under the ceramic pot holders? It came from Tafee with it on the bottom, and I notice that it does have little raised nubs around the edges to act as little feet as well.

Also, does anyone actually use the extra storage in the top part of the clear plastic teeth section? I've been trying to figure out how its actually intended to be used... if you grind and open it right side up, the herb just goes through the slits and into the pots. If you grind and open it upside down, the herb stays in the transparent plastic teeth part, but the holder is now on the underside and you need to dump the herb somewhere else, flip the top, and then dump it back in.... Doesn't seem like there is any good way about it....

Cheers!

Sneech,

Cacahuates

After dumping a spent pot out on my hand I noticed a small metal sliver in my avb. At first I thought it was the same colour of the potter, but I couldn't be certain. My other thought was maybe it was a something in my bud. Could it be something from processing?
Could have been on my hand before a started vaping. Not trying to point any fingers.
Anyone with any experience of this? I'm sure it's happens sometimes, just a first for me.

Vitolo

Vaporist
I noticed a small metal sliver in my avb. I'm sure it's happens sometimes, just a first for me
My experience, and feelings on that: Once in a rare while, a grinder that has not been cleaned well, and is sluggish on the grind, can release a small metallic sliver if you are forced to grind unevenly due to the grinder's bogged down turn..
Since you're vaping, there is little chance of inhaling it.
At my age I do not care about the particularities of theories about "off gassing".

Last edited:

Dr. G

Sorry I missed that one...thanks for posting. I have not seen it yet...anyone ask him about the website needing to be updated?

Dr. G,
Top Bottom