Tafée Bowle

I only have the BCG and it's wonderful, I have all 3 plates but pretty much only use fine and course. they currently have factory seconds available at a discount and shipping is like a week instead of 7 for a regular order

Thanks - they had an Onyx fine plate, which is the color of my grinder, and also a plate I've been wanting to try! Ordered lol.

letter never sent,
Reactions: Bad Dog

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
very nice! if I wasn't paying off a new computer and having a toad coming up (???) I would have totally either bought one for myself or cousin but for me the sale came at the wrong time :( there's not much left now but they had quite a selection when the it started a while ago. but that silver, sapphire, onyx looks dope!:brow::2c::lol:

ConvectCode1

I am one of those interested by the reports on performance but having trouble with the cup. I've been calling it the Tacky Cup instead of Taffee Bowle. I read you shouldn't use for hot drinks, alcohol may void warranty and the cup sitting right over the heater I assume gets warm, so drink fast if you like it cool. What exactly is it good for. Then I start thinking about stash boxes, maybe holding tubes with different strains, q-tips, brushes and maybe a little of that bubble hash...After market 3d printer people could do some fun stuff. If someone hasn't made this into a bubbler by new year I will be very disappointed.
It’s way past new year and nobody has made anything cool at all, let alone a bubbler, for the Tafee Bowle. It’s literally the most unrepresented, what I consider, a high end vape that lacks in battery life. You can buy 4-5 accessories. From Tafee only. And they’re all priced insanely. Why I bought this over a $369 desktop vape is beyond me. Just letting you know your LONG PAST premonition never came true.

ConvectCode1,

Finessseee

It’s way past new year and nobody has made anything cool at all, let alone a bubbler, for the Tafee Bowle. It’s literally the most unrepresented, what I consider, a high end vape that lacks in battery life. You can buy 4-5 accessories. From Tafee only. And they’re all priced insanely. Why I bought this over a $369 desktop vape is beyond me. Just letting you know your LONG PAST premonition never came true.
That’s because the Bowle doesn’t need any accessories. It works phenomenal right out the box. It’s up there with the TinyMight, TetraP80, Firewood vaporizers of the world for good reason. There’s no reason to use it through water, it’s the coolest hitting on demand portable convection vape out right now. No harshness whatsoever

Finessseee,
Reactions: Toivarita

ConvectCode1

Agree, been thinking the same thing.. It seems so user friendly. The cup is just an accessory, if you don't want it on the vape take it off or buy it without the cup. From a futurist point of view, the modular design of the Bowle is genius with endless creative opportunity. The first cup iteration is just the tip of the iceberg.

Right now is a "deal", I would imagine that current pricing will increase as the product and company get more refined and mature, standard from what we've seen from other successful vape companies. I doubt we'll see any discounts or better pricing for a while but you never know.. 🤞
Jerry @stickstones also mentions in his recent vid with Troy that there are limited units available until next production run(post chinese new year), something along those lines.

So if you want a Bowle asap with best pricing possible I'd say now is your best bet.
If only any of this ever came to fruition or even close. The Tafee Bowle has no accessories, mods or addons of any kind. I wish they hadn’t wasted all their money on R&D around the cup. Using it natively is as good as it gets.

ConvectCode1,

stonedmallone

If only any of this ever came to fruition or even close. The Tafee Bowle has no accessories, mods or addons of any kind. I wish they hadn’t wasted all their money on R&D around the cup. Using it natively is as good as it gets.
The cup for me was fun to use for the first few weeks. Honestly what ended up making it not a daily thing was having to handwash it between uses. If they were dishwasher safe and i had a couple then honestly I'd probably use them every day

ConvectCode1

TinyMight, Anvil, FW7…Mighty+, kinda. The Bowle definitely didn’t take off quite like people had hoped in the beginning of this thread. Doesn’t help Tafee hasn’t lowered the price…like at all.

That’s because the Bowle doesn’t need any accessories. It works phenomenal right out the box. It’s up there with the TinyMight, TetraP80, Firewood vaporizers of the world for good reason. There’s no reason to use it through water, it’s the coolest hitting on demand portable convection vape out right now. No harshness whatsoever
I have the Bowle and the other vapes you mentioned, all of them. It would be nice ar least to get a description on their website if the differences in stems between the standard ones vs the machined ones, other than $50. I mean, I get it, but another stem is about the only thing that one might need because one gets a bit wobbly etc…..and they’re just listed as “machined now shipping”…..i do like it out of the box, just not for $369 with nothing but overpriced, WAY overpriced, replacement parts. It’s just….meh. But does what it does well I suppose. Desperately needed an 18650 battery.

ConvectCode1,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
would be nice ar least to get a description on their website if the differences in stems between the standard ones vs the machined ones, other than $50.
Maybe they had inspirational block about it ,lol.. What would you write as an explanation if you were them ?
For sure it is no easy way to sugar coat ""for 50$ more you get less chance of inhaling paint chips... ""

Bad Dog

What other portables do you use more than your Bowle?
my tinymight is my favourite vape but the bowle is not to far behind in use and love, at least before I borrowed my bowle to my cousin :doh: my most used dosage is .05g and the tinymight does it wonderfully, starting lower than and going higher then the bowle. but I don't like it for larger bowls, if you load more than a basket screen and have weed touching and and filling the stem not everything vapes. the bowle I only use with a full pot, fuller than most people pack so I end up with a load double or more bigger than what I use in my tinymight, I don't like partial pots and if your session is at least at a reasonable pace so the stem doesn't get cold between hits the ceramic pot gets hot enough to vape everything that touches the pot walls.

basically my tinymight is my sexy nurse who takes care of my needs but doesn't give me all I want for the sake of fun. my bowle is the cute girl next door who likes to have a good time and caters to my desires of decadence. so to recap I don't like large bowls in the tinymight and I don't like small bowls in the bowle so I use them for different purposes and at different times. each has something the other doesn't and the way I prefer each of them they suite different needs.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
When I first got the Bowle (December 2020) I used the cup each night for my vodka, cranberry and cherry juice. Took a long time but I stopped using the cup because the heat from vaping was melting the ice too quickly. The drink itself remained cold long enough to finish though. I envisioned the pool days and BBQs would find me walking around sipping vodka and cannabis in stealth mode out in the open and the few times I did it worked well (once I stopped using the larger mouthpiece it was way less noticeable that it was a vape) but due to covid the parties were few and far between.

I use my Bowle 3 to 4 days a week now. I run every other day and use the Bowle as part of my "prepare to run" ritual because each hit is followed by a specific stretch and the Bowle is instantly ready each time I am. On those days its my daily driver because I finish the pot when I finish the run and fill another for the rest of the evening.

Awhile back I posted that it stays on the charger for the most part and that's correct ... it comes off the charger while I stretch and is put back on the charger while I run. At this point its almost a desktop vape because with the exception of stretching it's on the charger when I use it.

Finessseee

What is the size of the cermanic pots? How much flower can I fit in there? What’s your avg amount to pack? Receiving my TB this week! Hope it fits a bit more in a pack than my Solo stems

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
What is the size of the cermanic pots? How much flower can I fit in there? What’s your avg amount to pack? Receiving my TB this week! Hope it fits a bit more in a pack than my Solo stems

It’s designed for quite a bit less than a Solo stem.... Tafee recommends 100mg / .1g

Those two should actually complement each other well as they are quite different.

Finessseee

It’s designed for quite a bit less than a Solo stem.... Tafee recommends 100mg / .1g

Those two should actually complement each other well as they are quite different.
Gotcha I mean at least I can rip the Bowle pot faster than the Solo stem. Definitely the perfect combo of portable vapes for me. How many rips does it take for you to finish a TB pot?

Finessseee,
Reactions: Toivarita

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I been holding off on too many honeymoon comments (a week+ in now) but wife and I are loving the bowle.
I haven't put my finger on it, but the feel of the vapor is cool in a way that's not the same as water-tool cooled vapor, maybe a little closer to a j-hook on a grasshopper or Splinter, but not quite the same as that. I feel like there's a secondary stream of cool air feeding in along with the vapor, but it's not diluting the hit. Of course, I don't see where that secondary stream would be coming from anyway...

Heat coming down on the chamber from the top is genius idea.
Pots make even more sense now that I'm using them, especially for hot-swapping. No need to cram a lot in each one, just swap them, get better draw from loose pack, etc.
We all know, short battery life, but I do appreciate that it charges in about an hour (or less, I don't usually use until it dies, that's too disappointing!). My tendency is to charge after 2 or 3 pots - we generally linger on bowls for multiple hits, not just a couple.

We put the cup on yesterday to celebrate Sunday morning. It had not fully sunk in with me that a sip of liquid before a hit would be be a 'thing', but I do see that now, quite civilized. And unexpectedly stealth.
I think I can sit on my front porch (not just the back yard) and enjoy this when summer rolls around...even though recently legal, there's still a stigma, and kids runnin' around, etc. We still haven't out-ed ourselves to 35-year neighbors around here!

My research on the bowle had really only been on the vaporizer, nothing to do with the cup. I do wish I could put coffee in there. Will hot liquid really fuck up the cup? I don't think I'd mind it getting cloudy a bit, just let me enjoy the morning joe in there!

Bad Dog

My research on the bowle had really only been on the vaporizer, nothing to do with the cup. I do wish I could put coffee in there. Will hot liquid really fuck up the cup? I don't think I'd mind it getting cloudy a bit, just let me enjoy the morning joe in there!
I'm one of the few that loves the cup, there's nothing better than a full pot and a glass of beer in one hand and a spatula in the other while I'm in front of the grill in the back yard. but yes hot liquids and pure hard liquor are no no's and can lead to cracking...... I desperately want a glass mug for coffee, my most frequent drink!!!!

jbm

Improving the cup would be another desire for a V2, I intend to make heavy use of the cup when I get a Bowle, even if it’s just always my ice water.
I often have cold seltzer in mine.
I'm one of the few that loves the cup, there's nothing better than a full pot and a glass of beer in one hand and a spatula in the other while I'm in front of the grill in the back yard. but yes hot liquids and pure hard liquor are no no's and can lead to cracking...... I desperately want a glass mug for coffee, my most frequent drink!!!!
IKR? The smaller cup screams for an Old Fashioned.

Last edited:
I haven't put my finger on it, but the feel of the vapor is cool in a way that's not the same as water-tool cooled vapor, maybe a little closer to a j-hook on a grasshopper or Splinter, but not quite the same as that.

I agree with this and still think it’s the biggest appeal of this vape. The dry cooling is really something else. The vapor from this thing is special. Top tier. I used the Bowle exclusively yesterday and was reminded why it remains in the top 3 of my rotation!

Finessseee

I agree with this and still think it’s the biggest appeal of this vape. The dry cooling is really something else. The vapor from this thing is special. Top tier. I used the Bowle exclusively yesterday and was reminded why it remains in the top 3 of my rotation!
What’re your others in the top 3? Just wondering

Finessseee,

JollyGreenGiant

Is the potter worth $80+? I read it’s way better than the stock potter + that comes with the Bowle.. wish I could’ve just paid extra to get the better grinder instead

Dissenting opinion alert.

My .02 - I think the upgraded potter is outstanding. It works just as good as a Santa Cruz Shredder to grind material, it drops the material beautifully across the four pots in no time, with no mess, no additional tools/funnels, and keeps the cannabis odor in check (unless your nose is close enough to touch it). It also works as a bulletproof (quite literally) holder for the pots. Jam a few small nugs into the teeth - twist it up a bit, and bam - you've got 4 pots loaded. Toss another few nugs in afterwards, and you have 4 loaded pots, and the ability to recharge all 4 once you've used them up, in just a few seconds. This is an incredibly powerful value proposition in my mind, as in just one small tight, very well made package - you've got a good grinder that leaves little to be desired, decent smell containing storage for 4 pots on the go - or at home, and the material to load up another 4. With the cup (with the tamper and pic stored in the bottom of the cup) and JUST this one accessory - you've got everything you need for 8 bowls... whether you're just moving from one room to another at home, or taking it to a BBQ or what have you, it's the Fries and a Drink to the Burger.

Also - keep in mind, 4 additional pots will run you $40, and the upgraded potter comes with 4 - so the actual cost of the grinder itself is a mere $40, and you really do want two sets of pots (it comes with 5 - 4 in the plastic potter and one in the stem when you get it) - but you'll want a backup set when you're soaking some of the well used pots in ISO - and to prolong the length between cleanings.

Is the grinder as good as a Brilliant Cut? No... but it's as good as a Santa Cruz Shredder, and that is already overkill for the intended purpose - so while I appreciate others preferring to use a grinder of their choice and then using funnels, or their hands to load the bowls, I have a hard time understanding why. Once you get the amount of material you should use to get a perfect fill in the potter, you can easily eyeball it and go from 4 empty to 4 full pots in under a minute - with no chance of a mess, and no fine motor movements needed - and then you have one small, tight, beautifully made product companion.

YMMV - but for me, the potter makes the product. If I didn't have it - I'd be using the Mighty+ with its pods instead - for the convenience factor alone.

If you keep your paraphernalia out and in plain view all the time, have a rolling tray you keep your grinders on to capture any mess you might make, and keep your flower storage container(s) and you tend to vape all in that same 10-15 foot "arms reach with a lean" space - the potter may not be as strong as a value proposition. For me, I like to keep the visible paraphernalia as close to 0 as possible. I keep my flower in a closet in airtight containers on another floor, and generally vape in the family room downstairs. With this setup, I can toss a little flower into the grinder, load 4 pots, toss a little more in for a "round two" and then based on my usage, i'm covered for at least 2-3 days, without having to reload the potter. Then, on my coffee table in the family room - I ONLY have the small Tafee Bowle vape that looks like a cup, and the one relatively discrete potter. For me, this is essential, as in most situations I can leave both out with non-cannabis friendly folks over, and no one has ever noticed. If I was concerned, merely putting the potter into a drawer (and leaving out the cup) and my tracks are covered.

Perhaps the most important point I'd note for you to consider - is the critique, or rather lack thereof, of the upgraded potter. There are folks who will state they prefer using the grinder of their choice over it - but I have not read a single negative comment about the upgraded potter NOT being 1. A very high-quality item 2. Entirely functional 3. Efficacy that is towards the top of the list in terms of the best-of-the-best grinders 4. Convenient.

If anyone feels they get better results/extractions from the TB using ANY other grinder, or there are any direct quantitative benefits of using any other grinder over the upgraded potter, I'd love to hear it. I'm going to bet we aren't going to hear a peep on that subject.... so what it boils down to - is what $40 grinder (remember, you can't forget 1/2 the price/cost is the 4 additional pots) is going to do as good of a job as the upgraded potter, full stop? I submit, you'll be hard pressed to find one that can rival it, let alone best it for $40, and then you're going to have to figure out how you're going to store your pots, and load them without creating a mess. All those problems are solved in this $40 upgraded grinder. So far as i'm concerned - it's a mic drop value proposition. Sure - you can buy a basic bare bones Brilliant Cut grinder for $75, but then you are down 4 ceramic pots, and will have to use your fingers, or a funnel to load pots one at a time, and then you'll need to carry around the goofy plastic potter/funnel it comes with, or purchase another custom storage container for the pots, so you're now having to deal with 1. Brilliant Cut grinder 2. Funnel 3. Ceramic pot storage container, in which case - you're either using the stock versions of the latter 2, which are cheap/lame plastic, or for $5 more - you have it all integrated into ONE beautifully integrated, extremely well made device, with 2X the ceramic pots. you'd have if you just bought the Brilliant Cut grinder.

The only downside I see is that - I wouldn't use this TB Potter to grind material for any other vaporizer, as I wouldn't want to grind without the bottom pot storage attachment on it, and if I had that magnetically attached, I wouldn't want to be dumping the ground material out of the pot storage hole. Bottom line, if you wanted to buy only one high end grinder and use that for all your vapes, the upgraded Potter is not for you... but if the TB is going to be your main, or primary vaporizer, or you don't have an issue buying a grinder optimized/designed to be used with just one vaporizer - I can't see why you wouldn't buy one.

When you figure the potter will easily exceed the life of the device - and the benefits/simplicity it will offer during the lifespan of your TB(s) - for me it's a no brainer. The second it arrives, and you feel it in hand and you use it - you'll certainly not have buyer's remorse. Frankly - the biggest mystery I have relative to this forum, is why the upgraded TB Potter isn't getting more love. It's an outstanding product.

Last edited:
Top Bottom