Tafée Bowle

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Thanks for this shout out. I ended up getting a killer deal from them!
I'm glad you had a good experience with them :) so far my experience has only been emails back and forth, but they always respond quickly and not with copy and paste responses. as soon as he restocks MV accessories I'll be ordering to prepare for my 420 purchase. they are a small and fairly new shop but offer service that might be on par with VGoodiez and no I don't make that comparison lightly, if every business ran like and was as good to their customers as VGoodiez are daily interactions would go a lot smoother and we'd be a lot happier.

Finessseee

I'm glad you had a good experience with them :) so far my experience has only been emails back and forth, but they always respond quickly and not with copy and paste responses. as soon as he restocks MV accessories I'll be ordering to prepare for my 420 purchase. they are a small and fairly new shop but offer service that might be on par with VGoodiez and no I don't make that comparison lightly, if every business ran like and was as good to their customers as VGoodiez are daily interactions would go a lot smoother and we'd be a lot happier.
Absolutely! That’s a brilliant idea.. was actually thinking about doing the same... So you’re gonna snag Minivap accessories in the mean time and then pull the trigger on it for 4/20 during annual sales? Are you gonna buy it from Vaporific or the Minivap website? Teflon core or glass core?

Bad Dog

Absolutely! That’s a brilliant idea.. was actually thinking about doing the same... So you’re gonna snag Minivap accessories in the mean time and then pull the trigger on it for 4/20 during annual sales? Are you gonna buy it from Vaporific or the Minivap website? Teflon core or glass core?
since I'm in Canada I will be ordering from vaporific since ordering from overseas will come with import taxes. right now he has most of what I want other than the wpa and ac plug in adapters but should be getting stock in 2 weeks if Minivap doesn't delay his order. I'm going black unit, 7 temp model, teflon core. I probably would not be getting a Minivap if I had to pay the import fees so I'm very glad someone posted a link to their shop in the Minivap thread.

back on topic of the bowle I think you will be very happy with it, it might not be the best vape if it was your only one and you are a heavier user because of the battery but in conjunction with another vape to eliminate down time it offers a unique experience and I very much enjoy it every time as it is supper consistent.

Finessseee

since I'm in Canada I will be ordering from vaporific since ordering from overseas will come with import taxes. right now he has most of what I want other than the wpa and ac plug in adapters but should be getting stock in 2 weeks if Minivap doesn't delay his order. I'm going black unit, 7 temp model, teflon core. I probably would not be getting a Minivap if I had to pay the import fees so I'm very glad someone posted a link to their shop in the Minivap thread.

back on topic of the bowle I think you will be very happy with it, it might not be the best vape if it was your only one and you are a heavier user because of the battery but in conjunction with another vape to eliminate down time it offers a unique experience and I very much enjoy it every time as it is supper consistent.
Sounds like we’re thinking the same way. I’m getting the exact same Minivap Teflon core 7 temp. I’m not sure how much the import taxes are, but it quoted me at only $10 shipping from Spain.. yet Vaporific is $25 shipping charge.. (I’m in the US) either way I’m glad I have two options to order it from!

Bad Dog

Gotcha good to know! Think I should sell my Solo II when I get the minivap or use it as a backup?
you probably won't have much use for your solo once you get your bowle and Minivap as the offer superior vapour but that said I like that my vapes are different and hit different as I enjoy the variety, some times its nice to have something completely different :2c:

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

Replicated a battery test I did on p81, jump to that page to read my draw style

Surprised that results were replicated as well -- still almost six pots, so no noticeable battery degradation after my heavy use. But, I baby the battery using a timer plug, rarely fully charged, rarely fully depleted

bowle-moondance.jpg

(red light strip on my building casts an odd glow)

RxPlorer

Replicated a battery test I did on p81, jump to that page to read my draw style

Surprised that results were replicated as well -- still almost six pots, so no noticeable battery degradation after my heavy use. But, I baby the battery using a timer plug, rarely fully charged, rarely fully depleted

bowle-moondance.jpg

(red light strip on my building casts an odd glow)
This isn't normal. I think we all wish that it were. In the 5 pucks I've had, never had better performance than 3 pots, usually 2 and a half. New or not.

@Finessseee Very easy. Good idea to give the pot a quick brushing after use, while it’s still warm. The pot may be too hot to touch right after finishing a bowl, so give it a minute or so.

You’ll have 5 pots to start - I like to rotate through mine until they’re all dirty. Then I soak them in iso (remove the o-rings first, those don’t need to be soaked) without removing the screens and rinse with water when done. I haven’t had to replace a single screen yet. I’m pretty sure there’s a standard size pipe screen that will work for replacements if it ever comes to that - not sure on the sizing though. It’s in this thread somewhere!

You can also soak the stem in iso when you clean the pots. Use room temp iso only and rinse with water when done. Some people have reported the finish on the stem peeling off, but it seems to be connected to using hot iso to clean. Don’t do that. I haven’t had an issue yet.

The mouthpiece can be cleaned with soap and water. I have a little brush made for cleaning metal straws that works really well here.

That’s it for maintenance. It’s a very low maintenance vape IMO. One last thing - I would stay away from the top screen that protects the heater within the puck. It shouldn’t really get dirty (mine hasn’t in a year of use) and there were reports early on of some people fucking up the temp sensor behind the screen by brushing too aggressively in that area.

Finessseee

@Finessseee Very easy. Good idea to give the pot a quick brushing after use, while it’s still warm. The pot may be too hot to touch right after finishing a bowl, so give it a minute or so.

You’ll have 5 pots to start - I like to rotate through mine until they’re all dirty. Then I soak them in iso (remove the o-rings first, those don’t need to be soaked) without removing the screens and rinse with water when done. I haven’t had to replace a single screen yet. I’m pretty sure there’s a standard size pipe screen that will work for replacements if it ever comes to that - not sure on the sizing though. It’s in this thread somewhere!

You can also soak the stem in iso when you clean the pots. Use room temp iso only and rinse with water when done. Some people have reported the finish on the stem peeling off, but it seems to be connected to using hot iso to clean. Don’t do that. I haven’t had an issue yet.

The mouthpiece can be cleaned with soap and water. I have a little brush made for cleaning metal straws that works really well here.

That’s it for maintenance. It’s a very low maintenance vape IMO. One last thing - I would stay away from the top screen that protects the heater within the puck. It shouldn’t really get dirty (mine hasn’t in a year of use) and there were reports early on of some people fucking up the temp sensor behind the screen by brushing too aggressively in that area.
Screenshotting this for later. This is all I needed for maintenance info! I read up on the top screen being pressed malfunctioning the heater.. Good to know. Just gotta play the waiting game till my TB arrives. Is it suggested to do a full charge + factory burn offs before first use?

androponic

vaped.
@Finessseee you could at least rinse the crucibles and stem inside and out with room temp iso just to remove mfg. oils and such. also let the silicone mouthpieces sit out of the package for a while too.

Finessseee

Is the potter worth $80+? I read it’s way better than the stock potter + that comes with the Bowle.. wish I could’ve just paid extra to get the better grinder instead

Finessseee,

Bad Dog

the metal potters only advantage is that it doesn't get static charge that holds onto the weed crystals like the plastic but it works the same. I'm with @letter never sent and scoop from my BCG its way less finicky to deal with and only takes a second to fill and I never get the amount of weed right for the potter plus, I either get half filled pots or over flowing.

Bad Dog

I only have the BCG and it's wonderful, I have all 3 plates but pretty much only use fine and course. they currently have factory seconds available at a discount and shipping is like a week instead of 7 for a regular order

Top Bottom