• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Tafée Bowle

MinnBobber

Are you putting in a new filter with each fresh pot? And if not, how long are they lasting you? I’m tempted to give this a try, but I usually just blow out my ABV and I think I’d need to rethink my de-bowling strategy if I were to add filters.

The filters last for several loads. I grab the filter with a tweezer to empty it, brush the dust off with the Tafee brush, and re-insert.
Everything stays so much cleaner.

Bazinga

Tafee care and maintenance manual ... stem cleaning directions:
View attachment 7109

Based on the suggested cleaning method the coating issue may be a surprise if it turns out to be common. The Tafee founders are experienced vape folk and would know how nit picky the vape community is about things like this.

I would suggest that each person who experiences this issue make Tafee aware so they can get a handle on the numbers.

Easy for me to say....I've cleaned mine with ISO as suggested above and didn't experience anything like this.
I place the stem and pots in a baggie. Then I add ISO and place the bag in an ultrasonic cleaning machine. I then add very warm water surrounding the baggie. I run the machine for one or two 3 minute cycles. The stem and pots come out looking like new. From my perspective 12 hours of soaking in ISO is hardly necessary.

BTW - where does one get tea bag filters. Are they really just tea bag filters that I can acquire from the tea/coffee shop?

cliffhanger1

Tafee care and maintenance manual ... stem cleaning directions:
View attachment 7109

Based on the suggested cleaning method the coating issue may be a surprise if it turns out to be common. The Tafee founders are experienced vape folk and would know how nit picky the vape community is about things like this.

I would suggest that each person who experiences this issue make Tafee aware so they can get a handle on the numbers.

Easy for me to say....I've cleaned mine with ISO as suggested above and didn't experience anything like this.
i have only iso with 99,9 %
now i am unsure if i must buy some with only 90 %

MinnBobber

BTW - where does one get tea bag filters. Are they really just tea bag filters that I can acquire from the tea/coffee shop?

I use T-Sacs from a German company. Size #4 is big for more filters. Much thinner than coffee filters with no added airflow restriction.
Amazon has them in US.

Attachments

• AAA50AAA-A2CA-4C9B-AC30-0F0B9E6FF96F.jpeg
    AAA50AAA-A2CA-4C9B-AC30-0F0B9E6FF96F.jpeg
    48.3 KB · Views: 15

west-elec

I place the stem and pots in a baggie. Then I add ISO and place the bag in an ultrasonic cleaning machine. I then add very warm water surrounding the baggie. I run the machine for one or two 3 minute cycles. The stem and pots come out looking like new. From my perspective 12 hours of soaking in ISO is hardly necessary.

That warning posted earlier by @EddIW from a reply by Tafee tells it all. A scratched coating in warm iso will cause peeling.
@Bazinga Your warm ultrasonic method would be worst case and might accelerate this. Maybe reconsider that method.
So we have an unknown coating in the vapour path that will peel if it's integrity is compromised. Why is warm iso that much different?
If you have a crack but use cool iso will it peel?
What about cool in an ultrasonic cleaner?
Is it just iso or will hot dark Crystal be a problem?
Is iso rinse better than iso soak?
Many question come to mind but most of all what is this coating?

MonkeyTime

Found it. Thanks !!! Do you notice any reduction in air flow when drawing?
I didn't.

I just picked up a pack after he mentioned them in the MV thread. I like 'em enough that I ordered a paper punch so I don't have to fiddle with cutting them. I haven't been using them long, so time will tell if the habit continues. I'm guessing it will...

**Edit** Now that I think about it, the TB will need a 1/2" punch, thanks for the reminder!

ChooChooCharlie

Looked at my fire button on the unit from December. Agreed, it's looking pretty rough

Might be my fault. I'm a white, white guy, and use sunscreen. Read on Dulux powder coating site that sunscreen is a no-no

Same mfg also says only clean when surface is below 25C. Big oops on my part then, using heated iso

Vitolo

Vaporist
I actually just noticed....
Oh my...
Agreed, it's looking pretty rough
This does not look good.
I am waiting to see what approach will be taken by Tafée Wares to maintain balance and confidence with
those whose units are affected, or perhaps feel less than satisfied.
The upcoming chapter will hopefully reveal a positive outcome.
Big oops on my part then, using heated iso
No oops on you!
You are Everyman.... the consumer, and an extremely well experienced one at that.
In my opinion, it would be unconscionable if you had to tiptoe around the garden fearful of stepping on an Easter egg.
You simply treated a device as you would treat other tools in your artillery.
Next chapter will be revealing.
This has not dampened my enthusiasm over this vaporizer.

Last edited:

MinnBobber

**Edit** Now that I think about it, the TB will need a 1/2" punch, thanks for the reminder!
.................:
Hey, I should get a punch , good idea.
You may want to play around with trying different paper filter sizes.
1/2” seems to be the exact size but I’m liking a slightly bigger diameter that runs up the sides a little, like a cup cake liner 🧁 😀
Nothing gets around / by it and it helps with emptying the spent load.... grab upper edge of filter with tweezers and pull out, dump, re-install.

I found the native pods to be stubborn to empty.
Sticky bud sticks to screen, aided by downdraft airflow and gravity. ABV oftentimes didn’t want to all come out, even with strong finger-thump.
With filter, Entire load comes right out and stock screen is clean.

I’m still experimenting.
Note that with miniVAP filter modules, an exact, not oversized filter works best.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah for me the only moisture on my fingers pressing the button would be finger oils, maybe a little sweat and water? Mostly I think it is just sticky thc from handling dank bud! But yeah I thought it was a little dirty, and instead of being able to scrape off a piece of dirt it's actually the finish starting to scrape off... Like it is soft, so maybe it will harden again with more air exposure and me not touching it a bit, like someone was saying about the stem after the hot iso?

Last edited:
Wow, I haven't had any issues with the coating coming off. I've only soaked in room temp iso, and I've actually only cleaned my Bowle once. To be clear, I've probably put ~100 bowls through it, give or take. That's across three months. I know that's a lot less than others have used theirs. :lol:

Having said that, I think Tafee needs to be more specific on the materials being used in this vape. I don't have any reason to believe the vape is unsafe (it doesn't look like the interior of the stem has this coating, at least I hope not), but it's not a great look IMO. I guess I understand not wanting to reveal "trade secrets" about the heater tech or whatever, but we have a right to know what materials are being used.

kiddvudu2

Just throwing my hat in the "peeling stem" ring. I have a tall and short stem, I only use a ziplock bag with room temp 91% ISO to soak them in. However, it's not uncommon for them to soak for 2 to 3 days, but I've only soaked them roughly 5 times a piece total since owning them. The short stem is developing a couple blisters on the pot holder portion.

Notes:
Early on, I was disassembling the stem and pot holder to remove the oring before soaking, but have since stopped that. I did take the short stem apart yesterday to inspect the oring (and the interior of stem for flaking) but the oring seems to be in good shape - it doesn't look cracked or hardened that I can tell. As far as interior of stem, I'm not satisfied with my view to make a call on this. I'm on board with those who are requesting to know what we are dealing with straight from the horses mouth.

Peese!

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I inspected my Bowle pretty closely this morning looking for any scratches or areas where the coating may be coming off.

The fire button had a pin head dot of what looked like dirt on it. I wet the tip of my index finger, rubbed the spot lightly so I wouldn't turn the unit on and a tiny bit of the coating came off. I used my finger nail to lightly scratch the spot and good bit of the coating came off. No ISO was ever used on the button.

I inspected the inside of the puck where the stem is inserted and found a tiny spot at the back on the puck chamber. Its a spot where the stem makes contact with the back of the chamber. No ISO was used on that part of the puck chamber.

ISO doesn't look to be the culprit on my unit. Looks like friction/rubbing.

I'm satisfied that the coating issue isn't compromising the draw path.

Based on the above I expected to find some coating coming off the bottom of the puck where the base makes contact but it's fine.

Vitolo

Vaporist
No ISO was ever used on the button.
The issue appears to not be caused uniquely by hot water, Iso or hot Iso.
It appears to be use based, time oriented wear.
I'm satisfied that the coating issue isn't compromising the draw path.
Me too.
A cosmetic issue that took a few months of customer use to surface.

Last edited:
Top Bottom