Tafée Bowle

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
aluminum put me off a bit but I wanted and had to test this technology ... which attracted so much curiosity ...
I love it ... but all these messages make me want to resell it ....
Maybe you can wait and see what are they going to do about it,but if i were in their shoes and there is any chance that someone would inhale/vape any paint flakes ,i would advice against using it. I remember all the drama with the flaking "organic" ceramic of early Solo's ,it is probably one of the most successful vaporizer concepts now,but it was quite the shit show when it happened. AFAIR Arizer offered replacement units to everyone with issues,but i dont know if Tafee are rich enough to do that.

Last edited:

Texus

With my replacement stem I want a better cup too. This clear solo cup is not a viable solution.

:disgust: At this point, if I want a vape cup I might strap my second TM to my favorite stein...

This is getting ugly :goon::rant::worms:
Why don't you regard the current cup as viable. I am normally a glass snob for beverages, but am not minding the cup material that Tafee chose.

BestBuds

The Dude
Why don't you regard the current cup as viable. I am normally a glass snob for beverages, but am not minding the cup material that Tafee chose.
Because I have hand washed my cup with a microfiber cloth everytime and it has developed spiderweb cracks. It's never seen a hot beverage either. As a matter of fact, the spiderweb cracks are the worst around the puck, not the cup.

Sn4Pz

Ill be following up once I figure out which happened... A very very nice surprise either way
Just got my confirmation email that they have not received my Bowle, so I guess I owe Tafee a favor, or a round of drinks... or something

Tafee, if you're reading this and require some kind of Information Systems related work or data analysis let me know :freak: If it doesn't require me to move metaphorical mountains I would happily help. :razz:

Last edited:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
😬 this went from isolated issue to :worms:Quite quickly!?! Other than some minor scratches on the bottom of the oven chamber my bowle is still like new. Thinking about shelving it till some sort of resolution is found. Pitty I've really been enjoying my morning with the Bowle but I'm not particularly mad just unhappy. This is one of those bumps in the road of being a early adopter. I'm hopeful this doesn't mean :rip: It really is a very good vape and I've gotten a lot of enjoyment from it. I'm not super concerned about health issue and am satisfied with tafée's assessment that the vape is safe to use but at the same time I have other vapes I can use so I can see how this pan's out. Going to deep clean the stem tonight and make my decision tomorrow SMH

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah I am still going ahead with my use as normal, almost due for a cleaning, I'm not too worried though since I never clean the outside of the stem... Just iso shaking inside followed by hot water rinsing and shaking...

NimChimpsky

Still got my Bowle in the rotation :tup: I dont think this issue is necessarily a safety concern and I'm inclined to take Tafée's word on it, but I think more of an explanation is in order. I don't see this as something that should be that difficult for them to respond to and ease anyone's concerns, if there is indeed no cause for concern. Looking forward to the future of this company and hoping they can tamp this down with a little transparency. Can't wait to see the form factor of the wpa!

ChooChooCharlie

Shiny stem base adds some bling
Bowle-no-coating-on-stem-base.jpg

Damn the cosmetic blemishes, full steam ahead

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I think it looks more like the often mentioned kitchen appliance without the paint!

Lol I bet if confronted you could pawn this one off as your hip new personal portable coffee brewer from Korea. You can even show them the little pots where you load your single serving of coffee, or tea. Just tell them its the new cordless Keurig, not available in America yet :D

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I'm still not fully for or against tonight I can tell you that I'm definitely not saying goodbye, maybe just see you soon. I do feel it's safe to use but this is one of the (only lol) benefit's of being a member here and owning a few kick ass vapes. I can step away from anyone of them for whatever reason eg, warranty repair and the other's take it's place. I do feel this is a issue tafée should rectify. I'm not going to start throwing mud and say either tafée was assured by the chinese this paint would be up to spec, or tafée or the chinese both didn't know enough about the spec of that preparation or understand it's properties fully and that brings into question what exactly was that preparation and just how obscure of a question would it of been can this withstand the rigors of its intended purpose or did they just do it so it looks pretty and could sell it for more?!? No I would never fan the flame hate no! If I stop using it, it is because I would like some sort of resolution to the issue before I continue use, I paid a premium for this vaporizer and believe it should be fully functioning as well as free from defects for what was paid. All that said I fully expect this to take some time as much as I'm sure many people would like a speediest snap decision on the part of tafée I don't see that happening.. right now they are trying to figure out what happened and what to do themselves and heck someone might even be fired over this.

ChooChooCharlie

I get it, they were trying for a sophisticated ipad macbook silver toned powder finish

But, finish coating is not great over time, with wear through physical contact abrasion, heat, solvents

Not concerned, personally, however, over any iffy safety issues

Wait a minute, I've bought so many and gifted them, my shill checks have become lost in the shuffle, how can I deduct them?

tlp5002

Just read a review of the Bowle on VaporizerWizard and tucked at the end of this review was this:

They are sending me two new units (for free) for further review (250ml/400ml) when they restock on April 15th.

I hope a 4/15 restock happens!

The 15th came and went, but no restock. At the suggestion of a member, I reached out to a vaporific site in Canada and they have a limited supply of both Bowle sizes in stock.

I’m thrilled to finally be getting one! Now I gotta read this whole thread. Or do I?

Last edited:

NimChimpsky

The 15th came and went, but no restock. At the suggestion of a member, I reached out to a vaporific site in Canada and they have a limited supply of both Bowle sizes in stock.

I’m thrilled to finally be getting one! Now I gotta read this whole thread. Or do I?
Congrats! Since this vape is so easy to use and (currently) not really customizable w/ 3P accessories, this thread so far is mostly:
1. Owners raving about it (which you will hopefully experience yourself soon enough)
2. A few owners noting some problems with their pucks and typically great CS follows with replacements
3. Non-owners bitching about the fact that it has a cup.
4. The last few pages has some ongoing discussion about some wear to parts of the stem (you might want to read through that part to get a better understanding of how to clean your stem properly)

Edit: but it's always nice to read through to get a better understanding :D I've read some stuff from a few folks about cutting screens from teabag filters which I might try soon to reduce the AVB dust from sticking in the stem.

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

You may want to read some of the posts having to do with things you won't find in the user guides like number of hits/bowls to expect per charge (I get 27 last count) and the pics of the AVB may help you compare your AVB for tunneling and how dark you can expect it to be when a pot is spent.

The count helps me gauge how many hits I may have left before it will need charging and with the AVB compares you may be able to verify whether your Bowle is working as expected.

Last but not least ..... there are some posts that describe the steps to use if you run into an anomaly with the battery.

cliffhanger1

has someone ordered a new stem from Tafee? Because the coating had partially peeled off due to incorrect use with hot water or hot Iso.

But the stem can still be used without any problems I think. I will also completely remove the coating on the lower part I think, like ChoochooCharlie
posted it here recently.

Top Bottom