T-Bucket Banger System by NewVape

Circa1999

Hey does anyone know if the T-bucket pro is better than the regular T-bucket?

I'm trying to figure out if its worth spending the extra on the pro instead of just upgrading my existing showerhead.

I'm new to this concentrate stuff, does it look like I have everything I need to get started in my shopping cart? Am I missing anything?

Thanks 4 the help

Last edited:

focalforlife

Hey does anyone know if the T-bucket pro is better than the regular T-bucket?

I'm trying to figure out if its worth spending the extra on the pro instead of just upgrading my existing showerhead.

I'm new to this concentrate stuff, does it look like I have everything I need to get started in my shopping cart? Am I missing anything?

Thanks 4 the help

So I wouldn't say the pro is better I'd describe it as different. If you want an all in one experience, lower footprint, etc. Pro is the way to go. I've owned both, love my pro and don't regret it. My use case was less wires and a smaller footprint though and I'm quite happy. It won't give you bigger clouds. I'd also say this, if you like to use your own glass, the tbucket is the way to go. If you are not wed to your own glass, that makes the pro decision easier. Happy 420.

Socks And Sandals

Happy 420!

T-bucket, here I come! I can't wait to put this head to head with the Proxy, and Peak Pro Guardian. 2023 is my year for new concentrate devices!
Very nice, I'm jealous. I bought the T bucket with just a 5% coupon code because I was so worried they would be gone within a week. Here we are now April and they still have them in stock. Glad you got the 4/20 sale with it. I wish I did! 👍

sixstringsmash

Hey guys! So I got my sapphire dish in a few days ago and have been really putting it through it's paces. The flavor you get with it is absolutely phenomenal.

I have noticed when I went to clean it yesterday in my ultrasonic cleaner with some DC glass cleaner there were still a few stubborn spots in the corner with residue I couldn't really remove even after soaking it for a good hour or two. Since I hear these things are so prone to thermal shock, I'm a little hesitant to resort to some of the more heat based cleaning methods....

I was wondering if any fellow sapphire dish owners would be so kind as to share some of there own cleaning tips and tricks to get that more caked on residue off these dishes without risking thermal shock.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
any fellow sapphire dish owners would be so kind as to share some of there own cleaning tips and tricks

Check out this link:

sixstringsmash

Check out this link:

Awesome, just placed an order for the stuff. Many thanks!

focalforlife

Hey guys! So I got my sapphire dish in a few days ago and have been really putting it through it's paces. The flavor you get with it is absolutely phenomenal.

I have noticed when I went to clean it yesterday in my ultrasonic cleaner with some DC glass cleaner there were still a few stubborn spots in the corner with residue I couldn't really remove even after soaking it for a good hour or two. Since I hear these things are so prone to thermal shock, I'm a little hesitant to resort to some of the more heat based cleaning methods....

I was wondering if any fellow sapphire dish owners would be so kind as to share some of there own cleaning tips and tricks to get that more caked on residue off these dishes without risking thermal shock.
I just use simple green which you can pick up at most hardware stores inexpensively. I use it in concentrated form, no heat and just let it soak for a couple of hours and rinse. Most of the time that is enough. Every once in a while I've used a dab tool to scrape a little tough spot and then let it resoak a little. Simple Green really takes care of it in 1 shot 99% of the time for me.

focalforlife,

SquirrelMaster

T-bucket arrived yesterday!

My Auber 300 normally runs at 300°C for my baller Elev8r, but that felt a little hot. I dropped the temp to 269°C and was immediately cruising through flavor country. I did set the Auber to 350°C to clean up between sessions, but then promptly forgot and did a dab when I came back. It didn't burn the dab but my god was it a big hit!

I bought a SiC dish but it'll probably get used once for comparison and then be put away. The sapphire with a nice low temp is 👌.

The dabbing surface is ridiculously big and my single hole universal carb cap gets 4mm pearls spinning but they are quickly stopped. Maybe bigger pearls would help? I would like a big ball cap, I feel like that would help. I still have lots of playing around to do.

My only complaint is that the parts came a little banged up. The bottom of the bucket that the coil sits against was marked up but it's covered, so whatever. The inside of the tube piece catches my q-tips as well so I'll have to sand that down at some point.

I'm really curious how the Peak Pro Guardian will compare. It's being delivered today so I'll have the 2 (plus Proxy's) going head to head.

ontopofclouds

T-bucket arrived yesterday!

My Auber 300 normally runs at 300°C for my baller Elev8r, but that felt a little hot. I dropped the temp to 269°C and was immediately cruising through flavor country. I did set the Auber to 350°C to clean up between sessions, but then promptly forgot and did a dab when I came back. It didn't burn the dab but my god was it a big hit!

I bought a SiC dish but it'll probably get used once for comparison and then be put away. The sapphire with a nice low temp is 👌.

The dabbing surface is ridiculously big and my single hole universal carb cap gets 4mm pearls spinning but they are quickly stopped. Maybe bigger pearls would help? I would like a big ball cap, I feel like that would help. I still have lots of playing around to do.

My only complaint is that the parts came a little banged up. The bottom of the bucket that the coil sits against was marked up but it's covered, so whatever. The inside of the tube piece catches my q-tips as well so I'll have to sand that down at some point.

I'm really curious how the Peak Pro Guardian will compare. It's being delivered today so I'll have the 2 (plus Proxy's) going head to head.
the newer universal carb cap with dual holes can get pearls spinning ridiculously fast with the right draw speed, but it's a bit of a double edged sword with the tbucket

the dish is wide yes, but very shallow. if you like to dab a bit on the larger side and you like to use pearls it's almost impossible to not end up kicking up concentrate over the side of the dish, which can very quickly lead to your dish getting "fused" to the bucket, and a bit of headache to deal with

tbucket is best suited for smaller dabs imo

ontopofclouds,
Reactions: BigJr48

sixstringsmash

and my single hole universal carb cap gets 4mm pearls spinning but they are quickly stopped. Maybe bigger pearls would help?
I read a post on here from someone recommending 8mm pearls. After playing around with some 4,6 and 8mm pearls for a bit I think I can safely say using 1 8mm pearl definitely works the best.

sixstringsmash,

Circa1999

Hey does anyone have any tips for using this thing for a beginner? I'm using a T-bucket pro

Right now I have my temp at 619 and I'm using the Growler. I feel like my lungs are too irritated after taking 2 or 3 hits. Do you guys think I should turn the temp down? Or maybe put more water into the growler?

Circa1999,
Reactions: BigJr48

sixstringsmash

Hey does anyone have any tips for using this thing for a beginner? I'm using a T-bucket pro

Right now I have my temp at 619 and I'm using the Growler. I feel like my lungs are too irritated after taking 2 or 3 hits. Do you guys think I should turn the temp down? Or maybe put more water into the growler?
I don’t have the pro(just the regular tbucket) but your temp sounds kind of hot. I run my bucket at 465 and that’s kind of the sweet spot for me at least.

sixstringsmash,
Reactions: Circa1999

Eric

I've had my T-bucket going on two years now and it is the only way I vape anymore. For those that ask about cleaning a sapphire dish I had posted a couple years ago that I will just turn my coil up to 1100 for around 20 minutes and that really burns off everything. If I want the dish to sparkle I will do a PBW soak. I have been using my sapphire dish for 2 years now without issue. You have to be really careful about thermal shock though so never add any water or liquid to it when it is hot.

My T-bucket is on a WeMo switch that Alexa can talk to (Google home as well). I found with Alexa you can say "Alexa turn off vape in 20 min" and it will. That means when I crank the temp super high to clean my sapphire I can time when it will turn off. I found that 30 minutes always works even with bad buildup and 95% of the time 20 min is enough to fully clean it.

Eric,

focalforlife

I'm at 510 and use a cooling unit with the growler.

focalforlife,

Eric

Are there alternative handles for the carb cap? The metal threads look like they could match a standard size but I have no clue what to order. I bought the new two hole carb cap hoping it would work better, but it is more that it is a bit different than better. I would prefer something with a longer, fatter, handle that is less slippery. My original also came with a metal pick screwed into the wood handle but my new one did not.

Eric,

SquirrelMaster

Are there alternative handles for the carb cap? The metal threads look like they could match a standard size but I have no clue what to order. I bought the new two hole carb cap hoping it would work better, but it is more that it is a bit different than better. I would prefer something with a longer, fatter, handle that is less slippery. My original also came with a metal pick screwed into the wood handle but my new one did not.
You would have to go for a custom handle if the Ed's cocobolo handle is too slippery for your liking. I had Cloud Connoisseur make me a full set (coil, shovelhead and carb cap handles) which I'll slip over some old metal/silicone shovelhead handles. He can make them with a post as well, like the Ed's handle. You could also contact Ed's TNT and see if he'd make you a custom.

I don't recall what the exact threading is for the carb cap but it may be buried in this thread or on the CH discord.

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: Shrike

ontopofclouds

hit up dfreez designs he makes really nice custom handles for the carb cap that can be much longer and thicker than the ed's handle

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
FWIW:
Even though I’m using a CH/NV DCup, not a TCup, I’m using an Auber “hot runner coil”, or as commonly know as just a heat COIL. I’ve done many a google search on what is the actual metal composition of these coils, and have found nothing that is revealing. Mentions of Kanthal, nichrome, etc., for metals used in hot water heaters etc.

Awhile back, I called Auber tech support, and they could NOT answer this question even though they sell them. A few days ago, I wrote them asking if the coil section was “waterproof and submergible”?

The GOOD NEWS, they are, up to the part where connected to the handle. This will make soak cleaning my DCup, easier, as I don’t have to remove the coil from the DCup anymore.

But, I thought I’d ask once again “what is the coil material”? This was the response:

“We don't have that information. The crimped area and anything above it (including the cables) are not submersible.

Best Regards,
xxxxxx (name removed)
Auber Instruments
www.auberins.com
(770) 569-8420”

So even though they sell them….. MYSTERY…..

RustyOldNail,
Top Bottom