Swamp Water / Golden Dragon a use for your abv/avb

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I process very similar to Beezleb but when I'm done straining I cover with an unbleached coffee filter, put in a dark cabinet and then I let some alcohol evaporate off. I usually try to let it reduce about 50%.

Good luck!

Lo,

Clever User name

The eyes have one language everywhere
Beezleb said:
Yea. We call the golden dragon swamp water around here though hehe.

I dont really weigh it out. I think you can make as a little a shot to as much as you wanted. I just take a mason jar. Put in some abv, not quite twice as much ever clear or alcohol of choice and shake it for all I can, let it sit for about 20 minutes. Shake the crap out of it again. Let sit 30 minutes at least, but I have also let sit longer up to a day but I have no idea if it matters.

strain, maybe strain twice if needed.

With weed it will be green in color and with abv it is dark water like.

With weed my results were not so great, I needed a 1/4 shot to get good effects. We used good weed, hoped for effects from mere drops but I think that was hoping for a bit much. Going to look at it a bit more serious I think in the future. I did the green dragon from then video exactly as shown.

With abv, swamp water, I mix it with a bit of coke. It fizzes and looks like something you shouldnt drink hehe but its not so bad. I use a bit everyday.

I do use more herb than most I am sure.
I just stated mine...a golden dragon.... 4 days ago, in a mason jar. I am going to leave it 2 weeks.......do you think that long? Also thought about a little sugar to make it easier to shoot. I want to try reducing it to make an extract for cooking, for candy, too. thanks for the handy tips on this thread...later vaper

Clever User name,
Reactions: Vessel

Beezleb

I am not sure it would be good for cooking as your using alcohol. I know when they make it the classic way it takes a month plus. I have had green dragon where mere drops were very good but that was in Europe.

This way is bit different as it does not take that long as the herb is readied for use by the vaporizer where it takes time for the herb to break down.

I had seen someone try some with fresh leaves, heated 375 degrees for 5 minutes in oven from a a small personal medical grow. It did not turn out well as it got too much chlorophyll like and was almost a syrup. They just dumped it rather than even try it. It looked more like green antifreeze.

I would not add any sugar. Your not trying to ferment it. I really dont know if 2 weeks will matter or not. All I can say is if it works for you to keep trying to refine it and please post so others can learn. It is not so bad to shoot down. It really does look worse than it is. It surprised my sister. She thought it would be horrible. I made it out it was kinda bad too hehe. I did 1/4 - 1/2 shot, added a bit of coke to make it full shot and just shoot it down. It bubbles almost like a witches black pot or as we call it, swamp water. It makes a great halloween drink, for adults.

I am merely just another fish swimming up the stream on this and far from experienced or knowledgeable on the subject. Please let us know your results.

I will say the green dragon was sort of sweet, it might go well with candy but I do not think the golden dragon will as well.

Beezleb,
Reactions: Vessel

Kush Vapez

well decided to use the little bit of ABV that i had... Weighed in at 4.7 grams.. Only been vaped thru my iolite, so there should be a lot of goodies left in there. Only had access to Bacardi 151 rum. So i made do with that. I used my iolite, then immediately took the stem peices off and put into a jar, added my ABV, shook, then had to go to work.

Had my mom shake it for me all night. (yes my mother, I'm a college senior, don't judge me for still livin with my moms.)

Got home and it went from the pail brown color to a dark coffee color. So id say i got quite a bit of left overs in there. I only let my tincture blend for about 8 hours. Just strained it, and now im comtemplating taking a shot of all of it, and see what it does, itll be my first time with tinctures. I know i should probably let some evaporate off. But this is my trial run.

So yes, im gonna shot it down, I'll post tomorrow how it was.

Wish me luck.

Kush Vapez,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
Kush Vapez said:
well decided to use the little bit of ABV that i had... Weighed in at 4.7 grams.. Only been vaped thru my iolite, so there should be a lot of goodies left in there. Only had access to Bacardi 151 rum. So i made do with that. I used my iolite, then immediately took the stem peices off and put into a jar, added my ABV, shook, then had to go to work.

Had my mom shake it for me all night. (yes my mother, I'm a college senior, don't judge me for still livin with my moms.)

Got home and it went from the pail brown color to a dark coffee color. So id say i got quite a bit of left overs in there. I only let my tincture blend for about 8 hours. Just strained it, and now im comtemplating taking a shot of all of it, and see what it does, itll be my first time with tinctures. I know i should probably let some evaporate off. But this is my trial run.

So yes, im gonna shot it down, I'll post tomorrow how it was.

Wish me luck.
I would think that 4.7g of ABV still may have quite a bit of goodness in it after the Iolite.
I'm guessing if you drink the whole thing at once you're gonna get... OBLIVIATED. (If you take it on an empty stomach, anyway.)

MoeOnTheMoon,

Kush Vapez

well i did consume all of my fast made tincture.

Heres my experience on an empty stomach.

10:55pm consumed all of it, put a little pepsi in it to kind of mask it.

Was quite surprised of the taste of the 151 tincture, it was actually not too bad, and you could taste the herb.

11:32 Had to stop playing modern warfare 2 on xbox do to the fact that my body was starting to lift off the ground.

11:40 starting to really feel it.

11:52 really really stoned. Very big body high. I decide to vape some herb in my iolite to get a cerebral high.

12:33 Mcdonalds run.

12:53 Ate and laid down in bed.. still very very high.

1:15 passed out.

This morning.. woke up and couldn't get my eyes open for about an hour.. still very very heavy. In total I felt effects from this for a good 10 hours. And that includes sleep time, where you would think i would sober up, but i really didn't.

Couldn't even bring myself to medicate today, I needed a breather.

Next time I'll let it sit longer, evaporate, and use a much much much smaller dose. It did get a bit out of the ordinary for me last night lol.

Thanks for reading.

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
Kush Vapez said:
well i did consume all of my fast made tincture.

Heres my experience on an empty stomach.

10:55pm consumed all of it, put a little pepsi in it to kind of mask it.

[edit]
1:15 passed out.

This morning.. woke up and couldn't get my eyes open for about an hour.. still very very heavy. In total I felt effects from this for a good 10 hours. And that includes sleep time, where you would think i would sober up, but i really didn't.

Couldn't even bring myself to medicate today, I needed a breather.

Next time I'll let it sit longer, evaporate, and use a much much much smaller dose. It did get a bit out of the ordinary for me last night lol.

Thanks for reading.
Glad it didn't turn out too bad! I was right ih thinking it was a big dose.
I always err on the side of caution in taking new meds for the first time. I don't like the feeling of being "over-medicated".

Someone who should know, told me that putting a teaspoon of vegetable glycerin in with one's dragon liquid improves it. He did not go into detail as to how or why. Just thought I'd post that here in case someone wants to try it. I bought some vege glycerin at the drug store but it may be a while before I get around to trying it.

MoeOnTheMoon,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
LOL glad to hear that it worked for you. I was waiting to read your review.
:ko:

AGBeer,

Lo

LOL! Was also wondering how you did. Glad to hear you're fine! Edibles/drinkables can really be - WOW!

Strength varies from batch to batch too ;)

Lo,

Beezleb

Its a great feeling to know you can make something useful from the abv.

Now your vaping usage truly does gain in efficiency. Congrats.

Beezleb,

Kush Vapez

thanks for commenting guys.

Was an overall great experience, although would like to try it with some everclear next time. (so i can see what the color is better)

Gonna be some time before Ill have enough ABV to give it a go again.. but at least i know it works, and it was enjoyable, but i will most likely use a much smaller dose next time, because it did leave me feeling a bit overwhelmed at times.

Need to mention that I was wrong in my previous post, it was more like 16 hours of effect, opposed to the 10 i mentioned, somehow I did my math wrong lol.

Thanks again for reading

Kush Vapez,

Beezleb

We call it swamp water. The taste always surprises people. They are waiting for a horrible drink, especially when you mix it with coke and bubble hehe, very good adult halloween shot. Its not something you would want drink for flavor but it is not as bad as it looks.

Beezleb,

Kush Vapez

was watching a youtube vid.. Guy says you can use grain alcohal? Doesn't that stuff come in a bottle that looks like cleaning stuff? I thought it was cleaning stuff. Is that safe to ingest? Should i get a special kind? Reason being is I don't think they sell everclear in my town.. highest proof i believe is the 151 rum i used.

thanks

Kush Vapez,

Beezleb

no, grain alcohol is everclear. Everclear is what I use. I doubt theres truly much of a measurable difference between that and 151 rum as far as being to detect effect but I am saying that as opinion.

I think you are thinking of ISO. Do not drink that.

When you do it with ISO you do not drink it, you let it totally evap off and try to use the film that is left. It is not very user friendly but some people freeze it to make it easier but I have not tried the freezing as I moved on from doing that.

Beezleb,
Beezleb said:
no, grain alcohol is everclear. Everclear is what I use. I doubt theres truly much of a measurable difference between that and 151 rum as far as being to detect effect but I am saying that as opinion.
There is most definitely a difference between 151 rum (75% alcohol and has a flavor) and Everclear (95% alcohol and no flavor). Aside from the flavor, the Everclear evaporates much faster and cleaner (less water).

However, not every state allows its sale.:(

Howie Feltersnatch,

Beezleb

I am speaking wholly on if the everclear equates to a higher strength tincture or both alcohol percentages are sufficient enough to capture whats left. I am of the opinion they both get to the same place but I wholly agree Everclear is the better choice.

I also found my favorite container is a worchestersauce, probably spelled wrong bottle.

Beezleb,

Lo

@Kush.... Everclear/Grain Alcohol is sold in Florida. Try a Sweetbay Supermarket's liquor store as that is where I finally found it. Some places just don't carry it. It does extract/clean oh so much better than the 151.

So last night a friend stopped by to tell me of his latest experiences with my swamp water...

First couple times he tried a small amount as I warned/suggested he start small to test potentcy. He said he felt great, not too high but had wonderful experiences with it at home and slept great.

Then he decides to take a double shot of it before going bowling w/ some folks. He said he was SO high, people were asking him if he was okay. He said he was totally out of it, shadows/lights were bothering him, very trippy feeling and he was just plain TOO FUCKING HIGH! He remained 'too fucking high' for about 19 hours. His wife was of course livid for him doing the stuff before going out. He said he had to go back and do apologies to the folks he'd been with as well as hear the stories of his behaviour he couldn't remember.

So my husband is listening to the story, laughing at some of the funny bits and then blaming me for dude overdoing it. Funny thing is, the friend showed up with a bottle of Everclear as a donation....wanting me to make him some more juice. WTF! He promised his lesson has been learned LOL!

Anyhow, potentcy will vary from batch to batch so everyone should use a bit of caution as mentioned many times before :D

Lo,

Kush Vapez

so sweetbay... like the liqour department? Or Is it available in a store. Just a store brand grain alcohal can be purchased in the store right? No need to go into the liqour department?

Publix kind of beats out sweetbay in my area, the nearest sweetbay is quite a drive from me. And the nearest publix liqour store is also quite a drive.

Walmart sell it? I mean it is a cleaner?

Kush Vapez,

Lo

Hey Kush! I don't shop at Sweetbay either but some liquor stores just do not carry it. Everclear/grain alcohol is NOT sold as a cleaner. It's the high proof alcohol when I was young that folks used in punches/watermelons/etc. Wal-Mart does NOT carry it but small independent liquor stores and Sweetbay I've found do carry it.

Since the stores are a drive for you maybe you could just call a few close to you and ask if they carry Everclear before heading out. I hit 3 liquor stores before I found it my first time. The bottle has an ear of corn on it. Good luck!

P.S. Ck your email :)

Lo,

claypool

lo said:
He remained 'too fucking high' for about 19 hours.
:o:lol::lol:

i was planning on making some hash or cannabutter as my first abv extraction.....but after hearing the stories in this thread i think i might rather have a little bottle of some potent GD and take a few drops whenever i'm out of bud or feel like getting REALLY high.

right now i probably have ~4 grams of abv. i would like to make a batch when i have ~10-15 grams. how much everclear would i use? to my understanding it really doesn't matter as long as i let it evaporate to increase potency right?

claypool,

Lo

I honestly don't even measure with ABV tincture. I use a glass jar for ABV and when I want to make the tincture I add enough alcohol to cover it. Shake, shake, shake, sit, shake, strain, strain. I do evaporate off about 1/2 the alcohol after that but you don't have to, I just don't like alcohol :)

This is by far my favorite use for ABV.... Don't get me wrong. I FUCKING LOVE BROWNIES :D but....trying to avoid the calories/fat/etc.

Keep away from light to avoid potency loss. It is easy to make small batches too. Just be careful, test each batch. Good luck.

Lo,

Kush Vapez

i feel dumb because i kept it in my head that grain alcohal was iso. My bad lol.

I just put 1.5 grams thru my iolite. Just to heat them.

FINALLY got some everclear.

Gonna mix the 1.5 grams of nonvaped bud with about .5 gram of ABV and let it sit in the dark for a few days.

I suppose 1.5grams of nonvaped with .5 of abv will be much much much harder of an effect then the 4.7 grams of abv i used a few days ago. Since 1.5 grams of bud still has its full thc content.

Oh and just noticed... the creator of this thread has a mix up on his first post. He says to use 1 oz of ABV to 2 oz of everclear... 2 oz is the size of a 5 hour energy thing. So i just thought I'd post that so someone doesnt put 2 oz of everclear with an ounce of abv and get mad of the quality. Because I'm sure someone would attempt it not knowing any better lol.

I've just been pouring in alcohal until it fully covers my herb. Is that alright?

Thanks guys

Kush Vapez,

Kush Vapez

this may be a dumb question.. but it just hit me... Would it be okay to eat the herbs after you strain it? I'm thinking its got to have something in it.. not to mention alcohal.. But I would probably evap that off before trying to do that?

Anyone ever try?

Kush Vapez,

Beezleb

I just toss mine. I doubt there are much. Here is a thread where I took some zoomed up photos regular abv and there is not much left but I am sure the quality of the abv varies from user to user.

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=2281

If you should try it, please let us know your findings but keep in mind, it is a depleted product of a depleted product. Even with using pure material I would not expect much from it.

Beezleb,
Top Bottom