Discontinued Supreme Vaporizer

reece

SD_haze said:
I have the same one just the less fancy onee.
How did u adjust the temp stick? In the middle?

Mine isn't as fancy either. I bought it a few years ago. Yep, adjust the flame size with the dial or stick (it's been a while) and I also vary the distance from torch to supreme to help control how fast the temperature rises.

theasian said:
Is the only way to replace a faulty thermometer through micro soldering? I'm hoping my doesn't break because I don't have any clue about soldering haha :p

No, micro soldering is only to fix a broken wire but unless you know what you're doing (I don't) it's probably easier to buy a new thermometer. I have a few extra that I bought after breaking my second or third thermometer wire.

reece,

theasian

Official Asian
Ah ok. Just wanted to make sure the fix wasn't terribly difficult. Replacing the thermometer sounds easier than soldering something haha

theasian,

SD_haze

Well, it's been two weekdays still no response from Ed.

Its funny though, I've begun putting the metal block to my face to feel the ambient heat it gives off and i'm actually able to tell if its too cold or too hot just from that hehe

How would you guys clean the screen attached to the mouthpiece? I noticed severely restricted airflow only after (heavy) use in 4 days o.O

SD_haze,

Nycdeisel

I have used a soft toothbrush that I would use for my MFLB that I use to brush the screen whenever I empty a finished bowl. But I want to try that with a drop or two of iso.

The screen does a very good job of not letting particles through, I must say, when using it with my bong all the time there was never really any visible plant matter that I saw inside the water/tube.

Nycdeisel,

theasian

Official Asian
I'm curious if anyone else runs into any breakages / problems. I'm not too worried, but for $200, I don't want a high probability of needed replacement parts within the first few months.

theasian,

Dudeson 1882

Yeah I agree with you Asian. A bit worrying to read about a problem so early on an $200 vape with no warranty.
Especially when you've just bought it. :lol:
Hope it gets sorted SD Haze but also good that it's still operational.

Also interesting about the T break. Not sure I could do it but I can see the logic. I do find with vaping I can & want to toke more & so my tolerance definitely goes up. Hope it works for you. Imagine if a Supreme hit was your first hit after the break.

Sadly my Supreme hasn't arrived yet which means that it must have been picked up by customs. Probably going to have to wait 2 weeks for it & cough up some cash before I get it now. :( :(

Also I bought what I thought was a similar torch lighter to the one pictured a few pages back but when it turned up its huge. I took a pic below to scale it with the MFLB is it going to be too much for the Supreme?

2ephjz6.jpg

Dudeson 1882,

theasian

Official Asian
Yeah I'm weighing the pros and cons. I've been reading more about how to fix the thermometer problems on the earlier pages in this thread to make sure I can do it (if it happens). Other units don't produce as thick vapor, but do have much longer warranties and less reports of broken parts. But if it's a simple fix and the replacement parts come free of charge (??) I suppose it isn't really that big a deal.

I'm in no rush so I'll see if anyone else runs into any problems and how they correct them.

As for the torch, is that running on a butane canister? If so I think you should be fine ... You'll just need to get atuned with how fast it heats up the heating element etc :brow:

theasian,

Dudeson 1882

Thats a good summary of the pros & cons. It's all about the clouds. I'm not wanting this one to be my DD vape but for big hits so I'm hoping it lasts.

That can is a butane/ propane mix. It is a very good torch & didn't cost too much so not too bothered if it isn't ok to use.

Is the torch lighter supplied not good enough or is it ok but slower?

Dudeson 1882,

theasian

Official Asian
Dudeson 1882 said:
Thats a good summary of the pros & cons. It's all about the clouds. I'm not wanting this one to be my DD vape but for big hits so I'm hoping it lasts.

That can is a butane/ propane mix. It is a very good torch & didn't cost too much so not too bothered if it isn't ok to use.

Is the torch lighter supplied not good enough or is it ok but slower?

I believe the provided torch lighter is weaker compared to aftermarket purchases. So the one you've got should cut down the wait time a decent amount :brow:

theasian,

reece

Vitolo said:
How are the SV#1s holding up as far as this issue?

If you're talking about the thermometer wire breaking, then everything I've said is about the SV1. I've successfully changed the battery more often than I've broken wires but it can happen. You have to be very careful.

Really, the only differences between the two versions (as far as I can tell) are the redesigned mouthpiece/screen, and the size (and the cover has changed from a sock to cardboard?). I think someone said earlier this was more of a version 1.5 than a version 2; and update instead of an upgrade (am I using the right analogy?).

reece,

SD_haze

Yeah the SV1 came with a whip & the SV2 doesnt also.

According to Ed the SV2 is supposed to be more focused with portability, but they dont have any sv1 left

SD_haze,

theasian

Official Asian
SD any response on the problem you were having? If not I guess we'll have to wait until Monday :ninja:

theasian,

reece

SD_haze said:

Although most times I've emailed Ed (it hasn't been much) I've gotten a prompt reply, once it took about a week and that was part of the reason for buying so many backup thermometers.

I really wish I knew how to get one without going through Ed just in case...

reece,

jackmormon

This is playing out kind of sucky. The SV is the only vape I have actually thrown in the trash due to constant problems with the thermometer and wire and LCD screens burning out. For me it wasn't useable without the thermometer and display. The heat exchanger is fantastic but the other weaknesses make it not worth it -- especially at the price point. I would like another, but absolutely will not purchase one unless a re-design is ever done on the thermometer and LCD display. What could be an awesome vape just has too many drawbacks for me. (Disclaimer---these are just my experiences and opinion only. I have been watching this thread with curiosity to see if the problems were being improved in the SV2. Guess not. Hopefully in the SV 3 or 4 or whatever!)

jackmormon,

theasian

Official Asian
Thanks for your feedback jack. I'm sort of worried about all these thermometer / LCD reading problems. I understand you can replace them, but then the replacement parts should be provided free of charge or something ... I'm curious to hear other long time users' thoughts. Large vape clouds are only good when the unit itself is durable.

theasian,

reece

jackmormon said:
This is playing out kind of sucky. The SV is the only vape I have actually thrown in the trash due to constant problems with the thermometer and wire and LCD screens burning out.)

Really? You threw away ~200 dollars because the $15 thermometer broke? Screen burn out? Stupid question but are you sure the battery didn't need replacing?

theasian said:
Thanks for your feedback jack. I'm sort of worried about all these thermometer / LCD reading problems. I understand you can replace them, but then the replacement parts should be provided free of charge or something ... I'm curious to hear other long time users' thoughts. Large vape clouds are only good when the unit itself is durable.

For the record. I've never had a screen burn out. I would expect a screen burning out very soon after purchase would be replaced free of charge (if Ed has any business sense). The only problem I have had has been due to breaking the wire on the thermometer. I broke it. I never asked (nor did it even cross my mind) for a free replacement for something I broke by being a bit too heavy handed.

Again, the Supreme was my only vape, my several times a day daily drive for years (somewhere betweeen 3 and 5, it's a bit hazy for some reason). I only had to go without a temp readout for a week or so in that time and I had no problem using it. I haven't broken a wire in a long time because I finally realized I needed to pay better attention and not try to rush it (changing the battery). The only reason it is no longer my daily driver is I needed something more stealthy and convenient to use because the kids are getting older.

I still hit it every now and then when the kids aren't around. It is now the perfect back up in case of electricity outages or malfunctioning plug in vapes. All I need is butane and a torch (I have a couple of those too).

reece,

jackmormon

No...I changed the battery a few times. My throwing it away was just frustration. All the fiddling with it wasn't worth it anymore. The heat exchanger is AWESOME but long-term reliability is more important to me. It would be nice to see some improvements in this area. (YMMV, etc. I am just sharing my experience with the SV.) Glad you still enjoy yours!

jackmormon,

theasian

Official Asian
I was more referring to SD's encounters with an LCD problem as it doesn't seem like his actions were the cause of the display malfunctioning (unless I'm mistaken)... I definitely understand you need to be careful with the unit to prevent shifting of the internal parts.

I'm just curious what went wrong with his unit and how to fix it in case I run into a similar situation.

theasian,

reece

theasian said:
I was more referring to SD's encounters with an LCD problem as it doesn't seem like his actions were the cause of the display malfunctioning (unless I'm mistaken)...

Right. I would expect he would get a replacement free of charge (it only seems right) considering the timing of the malfunction. I would guess that some thermometers just crap out early. Just like many products. I've bought several of those chef's torches. some lasted only a few months. Others close to a year.

reece,

theasian

Official Asian
Reece did you (or perhaps someone else) post how to replace the thermometer? I believe I've gone through each page and I only saw info about soldering wires, but may have missed it. You don't need to specifically find it, but if you did post about it I'll do a re-search.

Definitely understandable that not all the internal parts last forever, I'll be sure to order a couple extra :brow:

theasian,

reece

I don't remember but you just remove the two screws and pull the thermometer off carefully. The wires are inside of a little hole. Pull them out, also carefully, change the battery, push them back in. Screw in the thermometer.

I seem to have some recollection of not pulling the wires completely out of the hole to lessen the chance of breakage. Honestly though, it's been so long I'm not sure if I actually tried it or if it was an idea I had but haven't had a chance to try it out (I haven't changed a battery since it became a backup). I imagine it might be a bit difficult changing the battery without completely removing the wires. It may even make it more likely to break.

reece,

SD_haze

Well it turns out he never got my first email even though my 2nd was a reply to the same address as the first one.

Oh well shit happens.

He's telling me to reset the battery, ive taken the thermometer off the supreme but I cant figure out how the battery comes out of the metal cage thing around it, anyone have any ideas?

SD_haze,
Top Bottom