Discontinued Supreme Vaporizer

jimbo

winterize
SD_haze said:
cant figure out how the battery comes out of the metal cage thing around it, anyone have any ideas?
Had to do this a few months ago, you just pry the metal up with a small screw driver ( or
another improvised tool) and then you can get to the battery.

jimbo,

SD_haze

:D :D :D
Did it, reset the battery, AND ITS FIXXED.

jimbo, did u have to leave it partially ajar to let moisture escape afterwards?

It no longer says Hi but it still wont turn off, im assuming after I use it a few times at 300+ it'll turn off?

EDIT: False alarm....it no longer says Hi its at the - - - - F readout screen, but it still doesnt change when I heat it up. :(

SD_haze,

jimbo

winterize
^^Went through some problems with the thermometer last fall when I first received my supreme, really weird temps and it saying hi and turning off after getting up to temp. After some back and forth emails with Ed, he suggested that I leave it partially open, resetting the battery, didn't really help. I just ended up sending the thermometer back to Ed and he replaced it with a new one. Maybe see if Ed will ship you a new one.

jimbo,

SD_haze

Well I just reset the battery a SECOND time.

And dont ask me why...i did the exact same thing....
its working now!!

working as in, the digital readout is adjusting in real time.

I suppose theres always the chance its not telling me the right numbers now...guess its practice time

SD_haze,

Nycdeisel

Damn SD, maybe try resetting again? idk... :/

anyway I just cleaned the stem part for the first time, after I thought I fucked up my unit from scorching the wood, it turns out I just accidentally went too hot and the vapor tasted terrible. I dumped the bud that was in it, cleaned the bong I use with it, and disassembled this
DSC038272.jpg

the steel tube had some residue in it, cleaned that all out
DSC038302.jpg

I couldnt really clean those 'edges' of the screen where its very dark looking, but the surface of the screen could be cleaned easily. Note that whenever I dump a finished load form my SV I just dry brush the screen without removing anything, this was after a tiny bit of iso on the brush
DSC038312.jpg

and here are the burn marks, I feel pretty bad about them but feel better that its not causing any problems.
DSC038322.jpg

DSC038342.jpg

after all of this cleaning I put some fresh herb in and took some low temp hits, not going past 290, and the taste is good and all is well.

edit: bonus pictures that I meant to put up yesterday
DSC038102.jpg

DSC038172.jpg

enjoy

Nycdeisel,

theasian

Official Asian
Awesome pictures NYC :brow:

SD, I'm glad you got it fixed, I was worried for a bit. Let us know if it's indeed completely resolved after a few sessions :D

theasian,

SD_haze

Perfecto.

Its sitting @ ~79F after cooling down so the sensor is indeed working and its working so much more efficiently now that I can hit it 270-->290-->310-->325 instead of guessing

Supreme: Fixed
Bong: Cleaned

Let the vapor flow!!
(Now that its fixed I'll make a milk video at some point)

supremeb.jpg

PS: Taking out the thermometer and resetting the battery was very simple and when Ed finally did get my email his replies were quite prompt :p

SD_haze,

theasian

Official Asian
Yes definitely keep the milk vids coming :brow:

I suppose I jumped the gun with my judgments ... You all have definitely reinvigorated my desire to purchase one of these before the summer ends.

Currently awaiting a new custom tube, but soon after it arrives the SV will be ordered :ko:

theasian,

Nycdeisel

No glass, asian? :/ you could get something to hold you over just make sure its not China glass! :uhoh: :lol: :lol: :lol:

super happy to hear that everything is back to normal, SD haze! and that makes two clean bongs, got mine right here, about to heat up the SV right now :nod: :science:

Nycdeisel,

theasian

Official Asian
I actually just got into glass this summer ... so I am JUST starting my collection after doing some heavy research. I'll probably be adding a lot more over the year, most likely SG and 2011 BC to name a few. I just need to make sure I pace myself :p

theasian,

theasian

Official Asian
Haha, I noticed :brow:

I figured a new tube and the SV should hold me over for a while, in addition to helping me transition (at least partially) from smoking to vaping.

The overall selection of glass is ridiculous :o

theasian,

SD_haze

As for transitioning from smoking to vaping, I've been using vaporizers for about a year and a half but I've never been able to totally quit smoking.

Mainly, I havent been able to quit bong rips.
Over the past 1.5 yrs ive probably vaped 1/2 the time and smoked the other half, most out of a bong.

Proud to say its been eight days since I've combusted.
Owned the supreme for eight days.

Not looking back, the supreme's vapor rips give me that exact same smoking satisfaction without the carcinogens and inefficiency :love:

SD_haze,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Once you finally let go and drop combustion completely, it's hard to go back, even occasionally.
Disclaimer:
This is an opinion, based only on my experience, and in no way represents the entire vaporizing population of the world's views.

Vitolo,

Nycdeisel

That may be, but I agree totally Vitolo.

and man I am thrilled to hear that you were able to kick combustion! like I said before, I think this is the best vape to satisfy a smoker

Nycdeisel,

theasian

Official Asian
Yeah I figure I'll do a bit of both, but perhaps I'll change my mind once I take my first vape rip :brow:

theasian,

havock69

Nycdeisel said:
Damn SD, maybe try resetting again? idk... :/

anyway I just cleaned the stem part for the first time, after I thought I fucked up my unit from scorching the wood, it turns out I just accidentally went too hot and the vapor tasted terrible. I dumped the bud that was in it, cleaned the bong I use with it, and disassembled this
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z53/WhatTheFuck_33/DSC038272.jpg

the steel tube had some residue in it, cleaned that all out
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z53/WhatTheFuck_33/DSC038302.jpg

I couldnt really clean those 'edges' of the screen where its very dark looking, but the surface of the screen could be cleaned easily. Note that whenever I dump a finished load form my SV I just dry brush the screen without removing anything, this was after a tiny bit of iso on the brush
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z53/WhatTheFuck_33/DSC038312.jpg

and here are the burn marks, I feel pretty bad about them but feel better that its not causing any problems.
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z53/WhatTheFuck_33/DSC038322.jpg
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z53/WhatTheFuck_33/DSC038342.jpg

after all of this cleaning I put some fresh herb in and took some low temp hits, not going past 290, and the taste is good and all is well.

edit: bonus pictures that I meant to put up yesterday
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z53/WhatTheFuck_33/DSC038102.jpg
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z53/WhatTheFuck_33/DSC038172.jpg
enjoy

Did yours not come with a second screen?. I took mine out anyway, along with the bigger piece of silicone. Don't worry bro. I scorched mine too and ice had it for a week.

havock69,

Nycdeisel

Thanks Vitolo[you too asian!] :D its actually a really old sony camera that surprisingly is still going! lets hope my SV lasts as long ;) I remember the days when I would be getting really shaky pictures when I was high, clearly that is better now.

and yes, indeed it did BRO, I just put that extra screen and tubing aside since I pretty much just use it with the bong.

Nycdeisel,

havock69

I just cut the tubing a quarter inch today and it is perfect. It is a major pain to put the tubing back on but I burnt my self afte4 extended use. Just enough room for the adapter or the whip.

On a side note, I love the whip just as much as the bong with this little monster

havock69,

greystr0ke

NYC, Sorry about scorching the wood. I felt so bad the first time I did that to my friends SV. Now, the whole top part of the wood is scorched from similar accidents. lol. I remember sitting there with the torch on the heating element and then turning away for a second and thinking to myself, this nug smells like burning wood. Only to turn back around and see smoke coming off of it.

greystr0ke,

Nycdeisel

Thats exactly how I felt, but I rather like the smell of this type of wood, I just dint like that its getting burnt :/

im trying to be more careful of not going to hot/messing up aim with the torch.

Nycdeisel,
Top Bottom