Discontinued Supreme Vaporizer

Vitolo

Vaporist
Good review! I had a feeling youd like this!
one question to both you and NYC-
Is there reason to reach inside the chamber often to adjust screen /whatever...
and if so, is that spike treacherous to an unwary person (is it enough warrant warning somebody to avoid it)

Vitolo,

Nycdeisel

NIce, glad you are happy with it as I am.

the screen is attached to the stem, and you cant really reach inside of the chamber, its very narrow.

Nycdeisel,

SD_haze

After thorough testing some questions arise

1. Does the metal tube the herb rests in stay super heated between hits? Basically is it vaporizing off a lot of the weed like the iolite or HA?

2. SM said not to go above 325 to avoid benzene, you think it'd be the same with the SV2 considering he took out one of the heating structures or something like that?

3. Its safe to put the cap on right after heating it right? Already burned myself twice on the metal block hehe

SD_haze,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
@SD_haze

1. I believe the main form of heating going on with the supreme is convective style as the air passes through the heating element, but I think it's safe to say that some form of conductive heating through the metal bowl would take place. Enough to cash a bowl after taking a hit and sitting it down? I'm not sure. I have only ever hit it till it's done.

2. I don't know a lot about Benzene and I'm sure SM55 would know a lot more. A quick google search lead me Here. This states "Significant amounts of benzene began to appear at temperatures of 200C [392F]". I generally stop at around 360F on the supreme temp gauge. If you are worried you can easily use temps lower than 392F and still achieve plumes of vapor!

3. Yes if not heated way past the temp readout cuts and only reads "hi". I have put my cap on almost straight after every bowl for a few days now and the cap is far from singed.

psyshaman,

SD_haze

Do you ever hit it with the cap on it?
Notice any effect on the hit/airflow?

just finished my 4th supreme sesh today. cant get enough.
Been taking the first hit direct from the mouthpiece for max flavor (its mindblowingly strong flavor) and then running it thru just my bongs percolator at a higher temp then thru the downstem AND perc at an even higher temp.

been doing 270-->290-->310-->325

tomorrow ill try kief :brow:

SD_haze,

Nycdeisel

I have not hit it with the cap on, but I just tried testing the airflow with and without the cap, and with the cap it doesnt change the airflow a lot but I can notice a small difference, it could change the temperatures you are using since it does slightly affect airflow, but if you want to try it out Im sure it wouldnt blow up in your face haha

and lol howd you burn yourself? were you holding the unit? was it resting on a surface? ?

I might take some pictures of the screen/metal stem design, I havent seen any here yet

Nycdeisel,

Dudeson 1882

I'm salivating after that review SD haze.

Still no sign of mine though.

Reading through the mails from Ed I'm getting an extra glass connector that he was working on & no cover. Can someone give me the dimensions of their cover so I can make one ready.

Also was rummaging in my kitchen earlier & found one of those silicon baking things (same shape as the one you have NYCD) but more longer lasting. I've seen them for 1 in homeware stores here.

Something like this

Dudeson 1882,

Nycdeisel

Another [different] glass connector!? no fair!
haha

I have no idea how big that particular pan is, but that would work.

Why arent you going to receive a cap?

Nycdeisel,

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
Quote from Psyshaman
1. I believe the main form of heating going on with the supreme is convective style as the air passes through the heating element, but I think it's safe to say that some form of conductive heating through the metal bowl would take place. Enough to cash a bowl after taking a hit and sitting it down? I'm not sure. I have only ever hit it till it's done.

Once the temp drops below 250 degrees, the vaporization process stops. I fill mine in the morning and use it all day long, and get killer rips from start to finish. I usually am happy with two or three rips, and with decent quality materials, should get up to 15 or 16 good rips from a filled chamber.

The nail coming into the chamber is part of the design, it is in my #1 and #2 and has absolutely no effect on the vaporization process.

I just used mine, took it to 330 degrees, put the cap on and stuffed it in my pocket. It got warm, but not uncomfortable at all. Have a great day fellow vape heads!

Dogman,

reece

Dogman said:
...but I think it's safe to say that some form of conductive heating through the metal bowl would take place. Enough to cash a bowl after taking a hit and sitting it down? I'm not sure. I have only ever hit it till it's done.

Yeah it does (well, maybe not completely cashed but it's still cooking in there). That's probably the main reason I started loading smaller amounts so I could finish it in one session.

Dogman said:
I fill mine in the morning and use it all day long, and get killer rips from start to finish.

Isn't this a contradiction? How do you "only ever hit it till it's done," and "fill in the morning and use it all day long..."?

reece,

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
Dogman wrote:

...but I think it's safe to say that some form of conductive heating through the metal bowl would take place. Enough to cash a bowl after taking a hit and sitting it down? I'm not sure. I have only ever hit it till it's done.

This was a quote from Psyshaman, somehow it did not come out with his quote. Everything below the first section is mine, sorry for the confusion.

Dogman,

havock69

I find that I can't get my ance real dark. I got 20+ hits from .05 and it's only light brown:brow:. I've been asbo.g light brown abbot and waiting till I can fully pack the supreme with it. I got about 10 more hits. I love this lil thing. Too vaked.

havock69,

SD_haze

and lol howd you burn yourself? were you holding the unit? was it resting on a surface? ?

Well with the SV2 the block is so small, when i was holding it into my bong i was gripping it by the skinny side instead of the longer square side and my fingers kinda rode up.

Now im holding it by the square side no problems.

Do you guys ever stir the herb chamber?
Would you say theres a loss of efficiency packing, say, a full bowl over 1/2 a bowl?

SD_haze,

Nycdeisel

I dont see why there would be[loss of efficiency].

and no, I dont stir it, however I do shake it pretty often, which im now trying not to do since it doesnt make a big difference and im afraid over time it could cause damage, just flipping the unit over and a little tap is enough to flip the herb around.

Near the very end of the bowl though I empty it and crush the bud and get a few more good hits out of it before it goes into the AVB jar

Nycdeisel,

Nycdeisel

We want answers

and we want them now

:|

on a side note, I believe I have just about reached the peak of my learning curve, time for refining

P.S: stranded, less then one day, couchlock has been a bitch, please send butane- peace :peace:

Nycdeisel,

theasian

Official Asian
Haha glad to hear the effects are significant. I'm sure I'll be couchlocked for days since I've been on a t-break for so long.

And yes: pics, info, details on this new glass connector when they become available :brow:

theasian,

Dudeson 1882

Here is the mail from Ed. Hope it answers the Q's. :D

Hello,

I have included two types of glass adapter seals (one is not available for sale and is a left over part I had). I included some extra screens as well. The cap is easy to make out of cardboard so I did not include that. All parts are easy to find and make.

Thank you,

Ed G.

Its funny as that mail was in response to a bonkers question I asked him after misreading a post on this thread & thinking I had to buy different adapters for glass. I'd been up till 6am watching the NBA finals so apologies to Ed for that mail & thanks for the extra bits.

Dudeson 1882,

Dudeson 1882

theasian said:
Haha glad to hear the effects are significant. I'm sure I'll be couchlocked for days since I've been on a t-break for so long.

How long do you do that for & does it make a big diference?

Dudeson 1882,

SD_haze

Dudeson 1882 said:
theasian said:

How long you have to t-break to get to "zero" depends on your built up tolerance.
Could be a week, could be a month, could be 3 months.

SD_haze,

theasian

Official Asian
Dudeson 1882 said:
theasian said:

I'm just getting into vaping, so I can't speak about any experience from that directly but ...

I smoke about 3 - 5 times a day ... sometimes less, but that's a rough average. My tolerance really builds up, so I find myself smoking a good amount.

I'm currently on a 2 month t-break, but I find that if I even just t-break for a week or two ... it makes a noticeable difference. One thing I tried to do (and this is difficult if you enjoy smoking / vaping everyday) is smoking every other day. It conserves and definitely controls the onset of tolerance, but you obviously have days where you don't smoke (and you might want it haha).

So in conclusion, I only do it once in a while (mainly due to traveling purposes), but a week break every once in a while might keep your tolerance in check ... it really depends on the individual. I shall see what happens once the Supreme comes in :brow:

Also, thanks for the info about the glass adapters, I thought he was switching up the design ... looks like he just included some left over parts.

theasian,

SD_haze

I modified the SV2 mouthpiece a little.
I took out the metal diffuser and pulled the silicone tube all the way down so id stop burning my hands

But now it happens to fit snug in my bong and looks classy.
Getting some majorly lung-busting vapor rips as you see!

imag0060f.jpg
imag0064rs.jpg

imag0062q.jpg

imag0063c.jpg

SD_haze,

Nycdeisel

Nice!! Thats one smokey looking hit, do you remember what temp you were using?

However Im going to take a moment to reflect on your bong..... its fucking disgusting. You cant even taste that delicious vapor which makes me feel sad for you, because you are missing out.

clean yo shit. report back. be vaked. :peace:

edit: sorry if that sounded kind of snobby, im just a glass snob. I spend too much time cleaning glass, but I also say fuckcombustion :p
have a nice day everyone

Nycdeisel,
Top Bottom