Discontinued Supreme Vaporizer

theasian

Official Asian
Sorry for the double post ... I just read all the pages in this thread and had one other question haha

Is there still any discount for FC members or was that back when the product was first released. Thanks guys. :D

Also, noticed on his site that he said If you order through the site rather than ebay ... "he will pick out a nicer vaporizer for you" ... Only strange thing is the shipping price jumps up quite a bit. Worth it or?

theasian,

Dudeson 1882

Damn you FC this is another vape I like the look of and another 25 pages to read.

I like the look of this one as it looks like it hits hard enough to fully replace smoking. Is this the hardest hitting vape out there?

Dudeson 1882,

theasian

Official Asian
Dudeson I'm in the same boat as you ... I'm trying to convert over from being a full time smoker to, at the minimum, 50 / 50 (vape / smoke). From what I hear, this will give you some of the biggest vapor clouds, and therefore will work on most full sized glass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JBVWjujf4M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7eTP3_Zgww

I don't have one yet, but after I saw those videos, and heard some info from other members ... I was confident this would be a unit that would fit my needs ... I love large clouds and this is the perfect transition.

theasian,

Dudeson 1882

Loving those vids theasian. I've watched a few now of the supreme but not seen those 2 before.

Yep I'm with you there re the smoking. If this can stop me smoking ever again its worth the money. Then I could sell a lot of my glass & accesories & use this hmmm.

I originally discounted this one as it looked like hassle & a danger to use but the more vids I see of it the more i'm impressed with how no fuss it looks.

Dudeson 1882,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
Dudeson 1882: the supreme vape is The vape that converted me! as far as i am concerned, the sv is the hardest hitting vape period, although i haven't tried them all (yet).

theasian: i think you need to email ed and let him know that you are a fc member, and then he will (probably) send you an invoice for the discounted amount.

manchild: please post some pics, i can't picture in my mind what you are talking about.

my friend is still waiting for his new sv.... can't wait to try it!

for those of you who already have received their sv2, how do you like the new stem system? is it hard to clean? does it need to be cleaned more often? does it come with extra screens? is the old system better? anyone have a new "caution hot" tattoo, due to the smaller size?

notmyrealUSERname,

Raf007

Retailer
I can only but confirm SV hits the hardest qnd faster...one hit.
(But you are not so far with an SSV)

All my smoking friends were in awe when they got to try it. Most of them were very surprised at the end of their hit, coughing like hell.
It can be a weed hog though.
But as far as I have tried there is not a vape able to do what he does.

And it's Peeeerfect with glass, especially coming from smoking, so not sure you'll be selling all of it ;)

Raf007,

theasian

Official Asian
notmyrealUSERname said:
theasian: i think you need to email ed and let him know that you are a fc member, and then he will (probably) send you an invoice for the discounted amount.

Alright awesome, I'll shoot him an e-mail and see what sort of discount I can get ... anything is better than nothing! Thanks for the info.

theasian,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have to admit. The supreme is looking pretty good.
I like to fill a chamber that is large sometimes, and this looks great.
I like that the herb can safely sit if no heat is passing through it!

Vitolo,

Nycdeisel

Yea I think Im going to order one. can anyone email me and confirm eds email? I only used what I found on the SV site and Im not sure if that address is still valid....

Nycdeisel,

theasian

Official Asian
NYC, if you find his e-mail to be a different address, be sure to let me know. I'll be needing it in a few weeks :brow:

Maybe I'm slightly medicated, but the emoticons on this forum are hilarious haha :p

theasian,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I would love just a tiny bit more info, about replacement parts/gaskets/screens, and something about cleaning/maintenance.

Vitolo,

Nycdeisel

I read this entire thread, and as far as I know from that information the only cleaning some people did was using a q tip soaked in iso on the screen but now its a new screen design so that may change. Im sure you could order extra parts from Ed which I will probably do.

the SV also comes with instructions, but I cant find any version of it online so Im not sure what it goes over, or if instructions changed from #1 to #2

Nycdeisel,

theasian

Official Asian
Apparently the 1st screen is now "high quality brass" rather than stainless steel. Not sure how that affects durability but I would hope it enhances it? I would assume you can clean it the same way (with iso etc).

theasian,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Nycdeisel said:
the SV also comes with instructions, but I cant find any version of it online so Im not sure what it goes over, or if instructions changed from #1 to #2
I am most interested in this unit. I did email him at purevapor@yahoo.com to ask a couple of questions.
Does the heat dissipate at the same rate as the #1?
I am certain that this is a change in quality, rather than a move to more economical construction.
I am sure you will get there before I do NYCdeisel, but I am likely not far behind you. (was curious about the discount too... a good one would push me over the edge)

Vitolo,

Nycdeisel

yea didnt know about the FC discount so I didnt mention it, when he responds though.... :)

Im curious why they changed from stainless steel screens to brass?

Nycdeisel,

theasian

Official Asian
Well I did some browsing (and actually found some posts by our very own lwien!) ... but it seems brass is easier to bend and mold. If you look at the 1st screen, it needs to be molded in a very specific way ... so perhaps he switched over to ease the process?

I'm curious the specific size of the screens so I can buy some extras, unless of course Ed will provide some at no extra charge :brow:

theasian,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Although very impressed with the SV-1, the size was part of what I liked. smaller is not always better (some like a clear target to aim that torch at). I am super anxious to learn for sure, that the revision was for some very positive reasons, and not to lower production cost.
All of my interest to date was based on SV-1 information, so I at least for the moment want to hear all of you guys feedback. I especially want to hear from anyone that has used BOTH units!

Vitolo,

Nycdeisel

From what I have read its smaller profile is for easier packing up and traveling with it.

I have experience with a butane torch so I am not worried very much, I have a good idea of how to go about it, although I do recognize the risk.

There were a couple of members here who bought the second one after using the original for a while but they dont seem to want to compare. I want to hear more from people who have used both, too!

Nycdeisel,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
From reading and emails with Ed I was under the impression that the only thing smaller was the wooden body of the new revision. Possibly making it easier to load the bowl and with the insulating cap it should be a little more picket friendly with less chance of branding yourself with the heating element while using it.

Has anyone with the latest version placed the insulating cap on the heating element straight after heating? L
If so can you hit the unit with the cap on?

psyshaman,
I wish someone could post the pictures of the new SV! I might be finally tempted to pull the trigger on this puppy.

biojuggernaut,

theasian

Official Asian
biojuggernaut said:
I wish someone could post the pictures of the new SV! I might be finally tempted to pull the trigger on this puppy.

Haha totally agree.

I have small questions that won't really affect my decision to buy, but for example I noticed in a few videos of the v1, the system was tall enough that you could set it on the table (without the adapter) and it was the perfect height next to a benzomatic burner ... I'm curious with the smaller profile if the height will still be at the optimal height ...

Again a small aspect to the overall design, but just curious haha :D

theasian,

Nycdeisel

heres what my setup would be:
torch stands facing away from anything and I hold the SV. Not sure how I would feel leaving the SV to heat up while my hands are tied with something else, it heats up fairly quickly though, maybe a minute or so?

even then if I wanted I could stand the unit on something of the appropriate height and it would be a hands free heatup

Nycdeisel,

theasian

Official Asian
Yeah I don' think I'd turn my back ... I just wanted to be lazy haha. :ninja:

I better start stocking up on butane, definitely going to go through it a lot more than in previous months :lol:

theasian,

Nycdeisel

be sure to buy quality, triple refined butane. what kind of torch do you have?

Nycdeisel,
Top Bottom