Discontinued Supreme Vaporizer

blackbur

OO said:
i'm wondering if it's a heating element that can attatch to the old supreme.

it wouldn't seem so due to the refusal of orders as of late. (it implies that it is a new unit entirely)

unless it's a chance to make more on the same sale by including the new attatchment.

ahhh, speculation.

i dont think the new heating element will attach to the old supreme..the old supreme's heating element is pretty sturdy and difficult to remove without a lot of force/right tools.

I think hes just preparing for launch and doesn't want to send a new one out too early..possibly or maybe he stopped making the old supremes?

but i think your right about the heating element cover.Ed Might be offering that by itself.

Hopefully he drops by the forum when hes ready to drop it. :)

blackbur,

OO

Technical Skeptical
blackbur said:
OO said:
i'm wondering if it's a heating element that can attatch to the old supreme.

it wouldn't seem so due to the refusal of orders as of late. (it implies that it is a new unit entirely)

unless it's a chance to make more on the same sale by including the new attatchment.

ahhh, speculation.

i dont think the new heating element will attach to the old supreme..the old supreme's heating element is pretty sturdy and difficult to remove without a lot of force/right tools.

I think hes just preparing for launch and doesn't want to send a new one out too early..possibly or maybe he stopped making the old supremes?

but i think your right about the heating element cover.Ed Might be offering that by itself.

Hopefully he drops by the forum when hes ready to drop it. :)

ah, heating element and heat exchanger are different.

OO,

reece

Rottweiler1080z said:
I just bothered the man..Ed.
I invited him to our humble thread to school us newbs.
I hope to see that busy guy on here.

I invited him a while ago when I first found this site and interest in the Supreme was on the rise. I hope he does decide to come around.

reece,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
reece said:
Rottweiler1080z said:
I just bothered the man..Ed.
I invited him to our humble thread to school us newbs.
I hope to see that busy guy on here.

I invited him a while ago when I first found this site and interest in the Supreme was on the rise. I hope he does decide to come around.

The man is obviously impressed enough to refer to FC in his ebay listing. It would be nice if he said 'hello' , if he's prepared for the torrent of questions! :lol:

I've wanted to try a Supreme for a loooong time. Need to hear more about the #2 though before I make the jump, and there's aren't enough pics on ebay. I guess it has to at least equal the #1 for performance, or they wouldn't be stopping sales of the #1 (assuming that's the case, as reported on this thread?).

WatTyler,

reece

It seems like only a few minor tweaks, which is cool but I don't know if it justifies getting one if you already own the first version. Hopefully we can just buy the new mouthpiece.

reece,

VaporEyeSore

I am also very interested in one of these but after seeing pics of the new one im not sure. He states that it is shorter and then shows this pic of the new mouth piece.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=300559786517

Now its high temp silicon that bothers me. It seems from the pics that he has done away with the old screen retention method and i assume that the new mouthpiece forms the seal with inner heating chamber with the screen and the high temp silicon.

I have never seen this stuff before and no idea about what its like at high temperature and vaping it just sends shivers through me as i still think of it as a plastic.
So does this fom the seal and if it does is it safe and tasteless at vaping temps.

He also talks a lot about vaping at lower temps around the 280 mark where as i like to vape at much higher temp around the 380 mark. So is this vape only designed for low end vapers or can it take higher heat as well ?

not sure if pic link is working so here ebay page link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Supreme-Vaporizer-2-/300559786517?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45fac26215

VaporEyeSore,

guardian

most high grade silicone is safe from 400+ though 500+ degress fareighnheight and will not outgas any flavors or toxins into the vaporpath, i mean the giant orange plugs that used to seal the supreme are the same silicone just a different color. i like the new supreme design myself the technology and operation hasnt changed a bit just the wood body is shorter to get to the "bowl" :peace:

guardian,

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
I have owned a VB vaporizer for 3 years and purchased an Iolite 2 years ago as a portable unit. I had been doing a lot of research about portable vapes and even though I really like the Iolite, I was looking for something that gave the kind of hit that a plug in model, such as my VB. I had been looking at the SV for well over a year, the design of the heat exchanger was very interesting. I finally broke down and purchased one (OUCH!), hoping for the best. Ed shipped it right away, 2 days from California to Indiana. When I first received it, I really thought that I had paid way too much, not much materials and a very simple design. The idea that I had paid too much quickly passed as the first hit off of this unit was better and thicker than the hits I got from my VB box. I will agree that it does require more attention to keep yourself from getting burned on the heat exchanger, but the blasts you get from it are amazing! I usually start this unit at 270 degrees, and work my way up to 330 degrees as the vapors deteriorate. The efficiency of this unit is amazing, as I have tried to re-vape my used material in the VB with no vapors being released the second time around. I have done a few "dry runs" and have never tasted anything but hot air and a little residue from previous loadings.
I did end up purchasing a locking Ronson torch, and warm up time from room temp to vape temp is usually around 60 seconds, after initial heating it only require a few touch up hits with the torch to re-warm, unless you fall into a stupor and hold it too long.
This unit is not as inconspicuous to use as the Iolite, but from my standpoint, the lack of stealth is surpassed by the amazing hits it delivers. Since my initial purchase, I have unplugged my VB and use my SV almost exclusively. I have a small ballistic case that I store the unit in, and have had to stash it a few times at 300 degrees in the case, with absolutely no damage to the case or unit. I have never used a Volcano, but I can't even imagine getting a better hit from any unit, in my own opinion this is the very best vaporizer for the money, but only if you like very rich, thick vapors.

I have been keeping an eye on Eds website, as the SV #1 had been sold out for a few weeks. Saturday night he updated his website and put a lot of information about the SV#2 on Ebay, as the new ones are available now. As soon as I saw the updated, smaller version, I ordered it right away, Should be receiving it tomorrow on May the 24th, And as soon as I test it I will re-post my findings, although the updated version looks basically the same, the improvements on the mouthpiece look excellent and it looks as though the mouthpiece upgrade will be a lot better. I should also state that I do not use the tubing that came with it, I hit directly from the mouthpiece, similar to hitting off a combustion style pipe, which does give it a little more stealth.

I would give this Vaporizer 5 stars out of 5, an excellent unit, very efficient and a killer on hits.

Dogman,

blackbur

Really would like to get the #2 in the future.
I like how they made the unit itself smaller..you can probably just leave it on a glass joint and let it chill there while your hitting it.
Also the new screen and adapter look more full proof.
Sometimes with my supreme the screen wouldn't settle right and would be come lose.
The way this one is designed it seems that would be impossible.

Really want to see some performance videos to see how they different they really are.
:brow:

blackbur,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
Long time lurker here on the forums, first time poster and almost combustion free since august 2010 :)

I was in touch with Ed just prior to him releasing the Supreme #2 and we had a deal worked out for the first version with a few extras. I was about to pay the next day and noticed he'd sold out or ceased selling the original supreme on his website. After a few more emails (which he has been extremely quick to reply) he informed me of the latest version and to hold off on my purchase for now

Come a week or so down the track to this afternoon, we've negotiated a great little package including one of the rare first 16 production units that include a limited edition engraved plate and some spares as I am a vaporist in the land down under and want to save on postage in case I lose any pieces in my vaked states.

I am super excited to hit this little beauty! I have really been looking for a portable to take camping with me that hits as hard as my SSV, mates perfectly with my glass and doesn't require mains power. Ed has been a pleasure to deal with through the whole process and I encourage anyone curious about the supreme to email him with any queries. My experience with the customer service provided by Ed has been nothing short of immaculate!

Will gladly report back here when I receive my new weapon of anti-combustion with my thoughts!!

psyshaman,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
i know someone else who has version #2 on the way to them.... :brow:

(its not me btw, my 'old' version still kicks (my) ass!)

i am really curious as to how the new screen design will hold up to real world usage. it looks as though the new screen is held on with a band of high temp silicone. i think the may make cleaning it more tedious, unless you just soak the whole screen/plug/mouthpiece as one unit. if the screen is as fine as the old version, then i think the new one will need to be cleaned more often.

right now, i have three screens (on rotation) and just pop in a clean one whenever its needed (usually the airflow starts to get restricted).

i am also curious to see how the bong adaptor (orange silicone) fits over the second screen and stem. i wonder if in real world usage the second screen may get ditched. i'm not sure if its really needed anyways.

notmyrealUSERname,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Surprise surprise. I can't turn down the chance to get myself the S2. Expect a review in a few weeks. Great company, and a big hitting off the grid style vape made in the US. The sequel? Yes please

IAmKrazy2,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
Anyone received the new version of the supreme yet?
Very interested to hear what others impression of the latest revision is!
Mine should be here hopefully sometime this week :)

psyshaman,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I'm paid up and hoping to see mine quick too, but no mail will go out tomorrow for sure because of the holiday weekend. It will be nice to just have a working LED screen again, considering i pulled the wire out of my old supreme while replacing the battery the second time.

IAmKrazy2,

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
Hello Vaporists,
I received my SV2 on May 31st and thought I would give a short review. The unit arrived packaged very nicely in bubble wrap and tape. After spending a couple of minutes reading the new information about the new mouthpiece I decided to give it a try. The SV2 design is very similar to the SV1, the heat exchanger is the same design as the SV1, and the wood handle is slightly shorter than the original. The mouthpiece is a completely different design with 2 screens, and the inner screen fits against the bowl holding your vaporizing material in place.
I would have loved to put this review up yesterday but after the first few hits I was annihilated! This baby hits as well as the SV1, and I was in a vaporized coma the rest of the day. The desire to get the first review of this unit was overpowered by it's amazing effects. I had been using my VB for the last couple of weeks, due to the fact I was using an acetylene torch to heat my SV1 and blew a big hole in the heat exchanger, totally destroying the unit. I do love my VB, but it is not nearly the beast the SV2 is, and the effects from the SV2 are extremely superior to any vaporizer I have tried.
I did find that the smaller size made it a bit harder to keep from touching the heat exchanger, and after using it a couple of times, decided to use the original screen set up along with the new screen design. The biggest reason I used the old screen design is that when I store the unit, usually in a ballistic nylon case, the original screen will hold the vaporizing materials with the mouthpiece detached. The smaller size does make it a bit more stealthy.
The new cap-insulator for the heat exchanger is very nice, as I put the cap on to store it at 300+ degrees, with no ill effects to the cap, which was excellent for storage purposes and to keep from getting burned.
The little torch Ed sends with the unit is capable of heating the unit, but a larger locking torch works better, heating the unit to vaporizing temperature in around 60 seconds.
Seriously folks, this has got to be one of the best, if not the best overall vaporizer on the market. The fact that it is portable is just icing on the cake as far as I am concerned. This unit gives thick, rich rolls of fog at very low temperatures, and is extremely efficient at low temperatures. The highest temp I go to is 330 degrees, and after finishing at 330 degrees, the material will not release any more vapors, even at temps up to 400 degrees.
Even though you have to be careful not to get burned on the heat exchanger, this is an excellent unit, and I would give it 5 out of 5 stars. It hits like a plug in model only better. If you like thick, rich vapors in a stealthy design, this is a unit everyone should have in their collection.
Thank you Ed, You are an amazing inventor and a hell of a guy, your invention will keep me happy and smiling for many years to come!

Dogman,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Thanks Dogman, i will bet a lot of the first reviews will be from Supreme1 owners and enthusiasts, like both of us.

Ed sent me tracking for mine, and is shipping today i believe. Ed has been a pleasure to deal with. For any vaporizer company i have dealt with where you buy directly from the manufacturer like PD, MZ, blissville, vriptech, Ed seems to always ship quicker then everyone else. They all provide US manufactured vaporizers that are quality made, with great customer service but kudos to Ed for getting me a unit on the way quicker then any of the others. A long holiday weekend has made the wait tough, but i believe Ed sent me tracking on the second business day, while i still await a replacement unit from VripTech that was paid for long before my S2. Looking forward to an in-depth review, and reuniting myself with a Supreme that has a working LCd screen.

IAmKrazy2,

reece

I just spoke with Ed on the phone about the new mouthpiece and the SV1. He said it does not fit the old unit but he can make one that does for around $15.

Hey Krazy, why haven't you bought a replacement thermometer?

reece,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
reece said:
I just spoke with Ed on the phone about the new mouthpiece and the SV1. He said it does not fit the old unit but he can make one that does for around $15.

It isnt actually the thermometer that doesn't work. The second time i tried to replace a battery, i pulled out one of the two wire from inside the unit on accident. The screen still light up from the LED light, but does not give me the temp any longer. This is simply something very difficult to fix, although Ed did mention something about a micro welder or something that would likely work to fix the issue. It may be something i will look at getting down the road for a fix, either way it was a decent excuse to be another vaporizer.

IAmKrazy2,

reece

IAmKrazy2 said:
reece said:

It isnt actually the thermometer that doesn't work. The second time i tried to replace a battery, i pulled out one of the two wire from inside the unit on accident. The screen still light up from the LED light, but does not give me the temp any longer. This is simply something very difficult to fix, although Ed did mention something about a micro welder or something that would likely work to fix the issue. It may be something i will look at getting down the road for a fix, either way it was a decent excuse to be another vaporizer.

Yeah, I've done that a few times. I currently have two or three backup thermometers for the next time.

reece,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Did you pull out a wire from the Supreme itself, like i did? If so, how were you able to fix it? Thanks.

IAmKrazy2,

reece

Yeah, whenever I changed the battery I would pull the wires out completely. I just pushed them back into the hole. That's when I would sometimes break the other end that connects to the thermometer. That's what I though you had done but I now see you pulled it out of the unit. I'm wondering if there was some change in the design between my unit and yours, or maybe Ed misunderstood you as I did (micro welder?).

reece,
Top Bottom