Discontinued Supreme Vaporizer

theasian

Official Asian
I've got the following torch ... I have some of the branded refills ... not sure the quality of the butane but I'll be sure to look when I get the chance.

52350736_1.jpg

theasian,

Nycdeisel

lol dont even worry. that is literally the same exact torch I have and its been going strong for a few years running only on that same brand of butane.

Nycdeisel,

Raf007

Retailer
The need of quality butane really depends on your torch, eventhow it's true that qual butane will always burn better.

Vitolo, Fyi, in the SV the herb does not safely sit with no air passing through it. Eventhow you are not inhaling the vaporisation process begins slowly.

Raf007,

SD_haze

I've gone through all the pages,

but I dont remember seeing exactly how well the SV works with ~.1g of properly cured topshelf bud?

If I was running it through a perc'd bong, would it still get a decent cloud, and if so, would it only get like very small qty of rips?

Lastly, what kind of concentrates can it feasibly do?
specifically: kief, hand-pressed, oil, wax,

-Thanks

SD_haze,

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
I will try to answer a few questions that I can remember about this unit.I have the #1 and #2, and on page 24 there is a review of the #2 I posted a few days ago.

'If I was running it through a perc'd bong, would it still get a decent cloud, and if so, would it only get like very small qty of rips?'
The cooling of the vapors actually condenses them, making them thicker visually. The number of rips is determined by the quality of your smoking material. The same amount of chemicals are drawn from the material, it does not know if you have a bubbler set-up.

'or those of you who already have received their sv2, how do you like the new stem system? is it hard to clean? does it need to be cleaned more often? does it come with extra screens? is the old system better? anyone have a new "caution hot" tattoo, due to the smaller size?'

I just dump my stem in 91% iso alcohol and let it set 10 minutes or so, then rinse in HOT water, it makes it look brand new. I have also had a bit of staining on the top of the heat exchanger, and I just set it upside down in 1/2" of alcohol and scrub it with a 3M scratch pad again, it looks like new when you are done. The new one does come with extra screens, but I used the old screen design. The new mouthpiece butts up against the heat chamber to seal the smoking material in, but since it touches the heat exchanger, it causes the mouthpiece to get extremely hot, so I pulled the stem up about 1/4 of an inch, used the old screen with the new seal for the mouthpiece and now it stays very cool. The SV2 hits exactly the same as the SV1, the heat exchanger is the exact same size and design, and it WILL leave you choking and coughing.

Ed can be reached @ supremevaporizer.com for any questions or ordering information.

'Apparently the 1st screen is now "high quality brass" rather than stainless steel. Not sure how that affects durability but I would hope it enhances it? I would assume you can clean it the same way (with iso etc).'

I just put the screen in a pair of pliers and hit it with my torch for about 5 seconds, it totally cleans it that fast!

'Does the heat dissipate at the same rate as the #1? '

I have found the dissipation rate on both units to be about 1 degree per second, at average room temperature.

As far as heating the unit, one must remember that heat rises. I hold mine with the long edge of the heat exchanger parallel with the floor, and put the torch facing up directly in the center or the heat exchanger. This will heat the unit in less than 60 seconds to 275 degrees, which is an ideal starting point, at that temperature the hits are so clean it will surprise you. I have actually been able to get vapors at 250 degrees, the design of the heat exchanger is awesome for beating down the air to be able to get mean blasts from very low temperatures.

'I wish someone could post the pictures of the new SV! I might be finally tempted to pull the trigger on this puppy.'

Pictures and information can be found on ebay, search for Supreme Vaporizer #2.

'Lastly, what kind of concentrates can it feasibly do?
specifically: kief, hand-pressed, oil, wax,'

I have only used kief in mine, and usually I will add a little smoking material, put in some kief, and the finish with some more smoking material, the larger material will keep the screen from clogging quite so quickly.

Enjoy your Supreme Vaporizer, I absolutely love mine

Dogman,

Dudeson 1882

notmyrealUSERname said:
the supreme vape is The vape that converted me! as far as i am concerned, the sv is the hardest hitting vape period, although i haven't tried them all (yet).

Raf007 said:
I can only but confirm SV hits the hardest qnd faster...one hit.
(But you are not so far with an SSV)

All my smoking friends were in awe when they got to try it. Most of them were very surprised at the end of their hit, coughing like hell.
It can be a weed hog though.
But as far as I have tried there is not a vape able to do what he does.

And it's Peeeerfect with glass, especially coming from smoking, so not sure you'll be selling all of it

Wow these posts have sold me. Thanks. Also thanks Dogman for answering all those Q's. I have emailed Ed on the same yahoo address as Vitolo if he ships to the UK but is that the correct address?

Raf007 I see you own the LSV which I was thinking of getting for quick stealthy hits at home and taking out and about to friends houses do you think the Supreme would be a better bet for this or is there a place for both?

Also is the supreme a vape that needs to be hit through glass or could you hit it straight from the mouthpiece if you wanted?

BTW I'm sure most of you have read it but there is an excellent review on the 1st page of this thread by KumarnoFumar that is well worth a read.

Edit to add

Vitolo said:
I would love just a tiny bit more info, about replacement parts/gaskets/screens, and something about cleaning/maintenance.

Thats a good question I'm interested in too.

Dudeson 1882,

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
'Also is the supreme a vape that needs to be hit through glass or could you hit it straight from the mouthpiece if you wanted?'

I have never used a glass, although I am thinking of building an ice chamber to cool and intensify the density of the vapors. I use mine in a similar fashion to a combustion bowl, and hit directly from the mouthpiece.

The SV2 is not as stealthy as the LSV or the iolite, so hitting in public is a bit more difficult, if for only the fact that you have to heat the exchanger with a torch. When I am at a concert or other public event, I really like my iolite, but the hit off of an iolite is very weak compared to the fog that comes from an SV2. Do take it to your friends homes though, it is great for that, and they will be impressed as hell with the blasts!

Ed has all replacement parts available except for the heat exchanger and the wood handle. Tally ho!

Dogman,

theasian

Official Asian
You said the mouthpiece gets extra hot, is this the same case if I were to use the glass silicone adapter? Just curious because I'd rather not find out the hard way haha

theasian,

Dudeson 1882

Thanks Dogman thats exactly what I wanted to hear. I want this vape I just hope it can be shipped here.

I have no intention of using this vape in public or as a stealth vape tho. Can you imagine the looks from passers by as you torch a metal box for a minute & then blow out a massive cloud :lol: :lol:

Yep stealth is the only reason to keep the Iolite really but a bloody good one at that.

Dudeson 1882,

SD_haze

Dudeson 1882 said:
I have no intention of using this vape in public or as a stealth vape tho. Can you imagine the looks from passers by as you torch a metal box for a minute & then blow out a massive cloud :lol: :lol:

This would be hilarious to film in a crowded area.
Filling up with some legal herb that still gets big clouds hehe.

SD_haze,

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
'You said the mouthpiece gets extra hot, is this the same case if I were to use the glass silicone adapter? Just curious because I'd rather not find out the hard way haha'

If you buy the SV2, the glass silicone adapter will help keep it cooler, but again, if you use the old screen design and pull the stem 1/4" up through the silicone plug, the mouthpiece does not touch the chamber bowl and stays a LOT cooler. Really, the aluminum stem is the only part that gets hot, but occasionally I will touch the stem while holding it, and it is warmer on my fingers than I would like it to be. By using the set-up I have, you get great blasts and everything but the exchanger stays pretty cool.

'Yep stealth is the only reason to keep the Iolite really but a bloody good one at that.'
I have to agree! I sure don't want to put the iolite down, as I think it is an excellent unit and does a good job, but it is like comparing a Camaro and a Ferarri, they are both nice, but I would prefer the Ferarri.
Tally ho!

Dogman,

theasian

Official Asian
Thanks for the response, doesn't sound like a huge problem.

I don't have v1 ... I wonder if he is selling any v1's at a discounted price? (If he even has anymore) ... haha I just keep the questions coming :p

theasian,

Vitolo

Vaporist
theasian said:

I don't have v1 ... I wonder if he is selling any v1's at a discounted price? (If he even has anymore) ... haha I just keep the questions coming :p
I have the same question. I actually would like the SV1!

Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Vitolo said:
theasian said:

I have the same question. I actually would prefer to get the SV1, and still need more info/vids about SV2. I have not seen enough about the new unit.

Vitolo,

theasian

Official Asian
Anyone have any luck of getting a reply via e-mail? In general, not about any specific questions.

theasian,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Yes I did. I was told the basic difference was that the newer model had one heating plate less in it, as they found it uneeded.
I had asked about an FC discount, and he explained that it was not possible with this new unit at this time.
I am waiting now for a Vaporist whose opinion I am interested in to receive this vape.
We all feel best when getting a thumbs up from one who shares a similar perspective.

Vitolo,

theasian

Official Asian
Too bad there is no discount ... I still want to ask him if he's got any v1's laying around haha

Thanks for the info Vitolo.

theasian,

SD_haze

He told me he could take off $10 to send it without the lighter (the sv2), also emailed if he had discounted SV1s, waiting reply.

SD_haze,

theasian

Official Asian
Sweet, thanks SD ... Let me know about the SV1's ... Think I'd pick one up pretty quick if he is indeed selling V1's at a discount :brow:

theasian,
Yeah let me know what he says! All and all however I just read he won't mail it to my state :(

Has anyone had any experience of getting around this?

biojuggernaut,

Raf007

Retailer
Dudeson 1882 said:
Raf007 I see you own the LSV which I was thinking of getting for quick stealthy hits at home and taking out and about to friends houses do you think the Supreme would be a better bet for this or is there a place for both?

Hope you will like it then.

Honnestly when I travel and if I have power I take the LSV, taste is better and you get plenty of hits. But then if want a one hit experience it's the SV because the LSV with the water adapter is unable to vape in one hit.

So it really depend on what you are looking for. To conserve and get flavor it's the LSV, to be fast and in one hit it's the SV and it is what come closer to the combusting experience with glass.

Yes it's possible to hits the supreme without a glass, with or without the plastic tube. Altough without it gets hot.

As far as I know about shipping Ed did not send the SV with the torch overseas because of customs so I got a 10$ discount or something around that.

Hope you will enjoy it as much as we do !

Raf007,

Nycdeisel

Raf007 said:
Honnestly when I travel and if I have power I take the LSV, taste is better and you get plenty of hits. But then if want a one hit experience it's the SV because the LSV with the water adapter is unable to vape in one hit.

So it really depend on what you are looking for. To conserve and get flavor it's the LSV, to be fast and in one hit it's the SV and it is what come closer to the combusting experience with glass.
!

Shit, after reading that Im having some seconds thoughts about how I have bitten the bullet on the SV2.. I hope these thoughts are clouded away by some thick supreme vapor ;)

Nycdeisel,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Nycdeisel said:
Shit, after reading that Im having some seconds thoughts about how I have bitten the bullet on the SV2.. I hope these thoughts are clouded away by some thick supreme vapor ;)
Don't second guess yourself NYC. You have been here, and are smart, and made an educated move.
You are one of the pioneers, that will guide the way to truth and objectivity! (plus you're gonna get high as hell!).

Vitolo,

Nycdeisel

Thanks, Vitolo :lol:

High as hell is a definite, I know Im gonna have to start slow in order to not choke on that vapor.

Nycdeisel,

reece

Raf007 said:
Hope you will like it then.

Honnestly when I travel and if I have power I take the LSV, taste is better and you get plenty of hits. But then if want a one hit experience it's the SV..

Are you saying you only get one hit from your Supreme? I get multiple hits every time unless the herb itself is lacking or I specifically load a small amount (even then it has to be very, very small to only get one hit).

reece,
Top Bottom