Supreme Vaporizer

seki

Question for Supreme 3.5 owners. I recently purchased one second hand, but it seems to rattle slightly when I shake the unit. On closer inspection, it seems like one of the paper clip filters may have gotten jammed up into the unit, but I could be mistaken. Can anyone confirm whether or not the inside of their units are supposed to look like this?

Edit: I also mailed Ed to inquire, and his response in case anyone is interested was that the rattling is normal, and the pics below show the aluminum bulging a little from the weld, and not a paper clip stuck inside.

Last edited:
Hi @seki, I have an SV6 not a SV3.5 and mine does have some bulging at the point where the tube is welded to the heat exchanger similar to yours. Some supremes rattle more than others but it’s totally normal and a result of the design. Mine rattles a little bit as it’s heating up if you give it a gentle shake at certain angles. Once it’s heat soaked it doesn’t really rattle. I think it’s because the plates in the aluminum maze and the shell of the heat exchanger heat up at different rates as the heat of a enail coil or torch penetrates the exchanger. I think that there may have to be a tiny bit of space inside the aluminum housing so that the plates don’t punch together and seal up when the components expand during heating. I think it would be virtually impossible for the paper clip screen to get wedged inside the heat exchanger since the long arm of the screen extends the whole length of the nug tube and then only sticks out about 1/8th inch from the top of the tube. If you put the red grommet on the nug tube right at where the pinch that holds the screen is then the top of the paper clip screen will hit the last plate inside the heat exchanger. It looks like that may have happened on your Sup hence the scratches up in there. To get a screen stuck in there your extremely strong and persistent toddler would have to use some sort of tool to shove the screen inside without the nug tube.

More bowl options ohhhh yeah!!!! Just heard that vgoodiez is sourcing glass tube bowls similar to the vapolution stems of yore. They’re being made by glass Charlie and should be available within a couple weeks. The underdog alpha nong is a new one for me but it looks awesome! Add it to the ever expanding list of options this versatile vape can couple with. What temperatures do you find yourself setting the supreme to when using the alpha nong @MikeRotchHertz? And is the extraction on the deeper bowl even without the need for stirring?

MikeRotchHertz

More bowl options ohhhh yeah!!!! Just heard that vgoodiez is sourcing glass tube bowls similar to the vapolution stems of yore. They’re being made by glass Charlie and should be available within a couple weeks. The underdog alpha nong is a new one for me but it looks awesome! Add it to the ever expanding list of options this versatile vape can couple with. What temperatures do you find yourself setting the supreme to when using the alpha nong @MikeRotchHertz? And is the extraction on the deeper bowl even without the need for stirring?
I'll definitely be looking at those glass stems. I arrived to the scene too late to find that all the retail stores did not have them.

To answer your question, I've been probably running it like 590 to make up for the extra bowl depth and the fact that its pretty damn cold out in my garage where I have it. Basically I don't know how to normalize that for indoors or summer yet.

The supreme does not care that the bowl is larger or deeper, it cuts through them all the same! It doesn't compare to an inserted bowl hit still, but I think I may prefer it to the lotus bowl, but I'm not entirely sure yet. I do know that it can hold A LOT more. The advantage to the lotus is the handle and its ability to do 14 or 18. You'd have to buy one of each alpha nong.

I also like finishing the bowl off with the alpha or vice versa just because.

MikeRotchHertz

Anyone have calipers want to tell me what size tubing the silicone is on 3.5 and 6? I tried to order some from Ed, and he says that he will not be shipping anything for the foreseeable future.

MikeRotchHertz,
Top Bottom