• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Strange feeling in throaght after vaporizing?

Gr8danger

Hello I have been vaporizing cannabis for a little over 2 years it is my preferred method of consuming. Although every time I vape I get like this thick spit or phlem in the back of my throaght. It feels like a ball of it in my throaght. Everytime I try to swallow it it comes back up shortly after with a small burp but it's not really a burp it's more somthing I do to get the odd sensation out Of my throaght. then I end up swallowing it again. sometimes I can cough it up a bit but then It comes back a few minutes later. I feel like it makes my stomach upset a bit to from all of the swallowing but never to the point of throwing up. I use both the dynavap and the pax 3. I also use wax cartrages sometimes. It happens with both flower and wax though. Anyways anyone have any ideas to why this may be happening? It sometimes makes breathing feel a bit weird when breathing in as well in the throaght area. I also feel it in my lungs but I think that is normal because you are still inhailing stuff into your lungs I also recently had my lungs checked and everything seems good! Im just wondering how to deal with this? Is it just cotton mouth? Or somthing else? Sorry for the somewhat graphic wording I just want to get my point across!
Thanks!

Last edited:
Gr8danger,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
That doesn't sound like much fun Gr8danger!

Could it be what you use to clean your vapes? Maybe something else you do/use as part of your vaping ritual, like washing your hands with a soap you might have an allergy to?

Might it be the herb you use, ie bad supply.

Can you remember when it first started happening, any changes you have made that might have an influence. A new pet, change of home, is it seasonal etc....

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Hello I have been vaporizing cannabis for a little over 2 years it is my preferred method of consuming. Although every time I vape I get like this thick spit or phlem in the back of my throaght. It feels like a ball of it in my throaght. Everytime I try to swallow it it comes back up shortly after with a small burp but it's not really a burp it's more somthing I do to get the odd sensation out Of my throaght. then I end up swallowing it again. sometimes I can cough it up a bit but then It comes back a few minutes later. I feel like it makes my stomach upset a bit to from all of the swallowing but never to the point of throwing up. I use both the dynavap and the pax 3. I also use wax cartrages sometimes. It happens with both flower and wax though. Anyways anyone have any ideas to why this may be happening? It sometimes makes breathing feel a bit weird when breathing in as well in the throaght area. I also feel it in my lungs but I think that is normal because you are still inhailing stuff into your lungs I also recently had my lungs checked and everything seems good! Im just wondering how to deal with this? Is it just cotton mouth? Or somthing else? Sorry for the somewhat graphic wording I just want to get my point across!
Thanks!
What kind of vapes are you using? Sounds like an allergic reaction and some people are allergic to Nickel. So if your vape has a Nickel heating element that could be an issue. I would be curious to know if you experience the same with a pure air path with a vape like an EVO or Titanium and Glass with a FlowerPot?

Edit: Apologies, @Gr8danger as it was just brought to my attention by @John Coaltrain what vapes you are using.

Last edited:

Gr8danger

That doesn't sound like much fun Gr8danger!

Could it be what you use to clean your vapes? Maybe something else you do/use as part of your vaping ritual, like washing your hands with a soap you might have an allergy to?

Might it be the herb you use, ie bad supply.

Can you remember when it first started happening, any changes you have made that might have an influence. A new pet, change of home, is it seasonal etc....
It has be happening since I started vaping. I only vape i never smoked. I use 91% rubbing alcohol to clean all my vapes. I also always wash my hands with a normal bar of soap I don't think I have any allergies to anything that I know of. My herb is good herb I do switch strains sometimes. I live in cali with alot of options!

Gr8danger,

Gr8danger

What kind of vapes are you using? Sounds like an allergic reaction and some people are allergic to Nickel. So if your vape has a Nickel heating element that could be an issue. I would be curious to know if you experience the same with a pure air path with a vape like an EVO or Titanium and Glass with a FlowerPot?

Edit: Apologies, @Gr8danger as it was just brought to my attention by @John Coaltrain what vapes you are using.
I guess it could be a allergic reaction I'm not sure. Are you talking about the cloud evo? I looked it up and it looks nice but it's a bit over my budget right now.

Gr8danger,

DEZISDAD

Thanks!
l'm a cougher, always from throat irritation. have you tried a water tool? it helps me a lot. I just got a Scorpion water tool from sneakypetesvaporizers, I love it. it fit down over the vaporizer instead of flipping the vape to put in the pipe. anyway, water helps me

Gr8danger

You could try vaping some other type of plant to see if you get a similar reaction, eg chamomile, mint etc. for more detail (http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/legal-herbs-an-idiots-guide-hopefully.9615/)

I presume that before you used vapes, you were a smoker. Did you get the same reaction from combusting?
I might try this at some point it might give me a idea if its directly related to cannabis. And acually I have always been a vaper I never smoked weed. I did take like 2 hits from a joint one time though i just prefer the vape!

Gr8danger

l'm a cougher, always from throat irritation. have you tried a water tool? it helps me a lot. I just got a Scorpion water tool from sneakypetesvaporizers, I love it. it fit down over the vaporizer instead of flipping the vape to put in the pipe. anyway, water helps me
Hello thank you for the info I might have to check this out! I have used my pax through a bong once but I cant remember if it helped or not im gonna try it again! I haven't had any coughing issues but it could be irritation I'm gonna try this again! Thanks!

Gr8danger,

Gr8danger

What Is the remaining 9% made up of? Hopefully just water but make sure there are no other chemicals, cleaners or scents added. I use 99% iso to clean.

I also rinse with boiling water after, if i can.

Good luck
Hello Sorry for the late reply im on a trip atm! Im not sure but I will check when I get home! This is a good point! I usually rinse the vapcap but its different with the pax 3. sometimes I will put a pipe cleaner through it with water but not usually. Thanks!

Gr8danger,
Reactions: Vapenvy
Top Bottom