• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Sticky Brick Labs Vaporizer

Cervical CBD

Sorry the trouble is going so long. I prefer it out of all of my vapes. I’m here to try to help for as long as you need. Hope you don’t give up.

it seems like there’s not much room for error with my technique. I haven’t had much luck withmy DynaVap Cvap either...

Cervical CBD,
Reactions: shopdognyc

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
All I can say is if you light your torch in a dark room, you see the inner flam, and the outer flame that you don't really see in a normally lit room. Imagine yourself painting the very top of the glass heat intake with the very tip of the outer flame.

shopdognyc

I watched a few videos on YouTube again including NonameKevin and now I’m doing a lot better. I was way too close with the flame and not drawing consistent enough.
Bravo man

It’s a Dynavap M made up of blemished parts. Dynavap gave them away and sold them super cheap last year. I paid $11 for it...
Got it. Sometimes it feels like sucking on a straw with no joke but I feather the carb and works great. Do you try that?

Vape_Or_Die420

I have never tried a Sticky Brick but since discovering the Dynavap 6 months ago i am loving using the torch instead of a electrical power source. When i used to combust, i would usually use a hemp wick to avoid the butane and for enhanced taste. Can someone please convince me that i will not be inhailing any butane with the Sticky Brick? I need a real good convincing.

Vape_Or_Die420,
Reactions: NYC_Frank

nonamekevin

I have never tried a Sticky Brick but since discovering the Dynavap 6 months ago i am loving using the torch instead of a electrical power source. When i used to combust, i would usually use a hemp wick to avoid the butane and for enhanced taste. Can someone please convince me that i will not be inhailing any butane with the Sticky Brick? I need a real good convincing.
Hello friend!

My first vape after smoking joints for years was also a dynavap, but I quickly didn't enjoy how often I had to pack them. Cool for micro doses, but not ideal for heavy users. So I looked for something that had a bigger bowl and wasn't battery powered. The sticky brick runt fit my needs perfectly.

Before I used one, I did a good amount of research to feel comfortable with using a butane vape where you inhale the heat source. Unless you do your own research, all you'll get from people is anecdotal stories.

:rockon:

Ramahs

Like @nonamekevin said, do your own research.

I did mine, and as far as I am aware, as long as you have a quality filtered butane (not dirty shit, like Ronson), and a quality torch...then all the butane is burned up. You're not breathing in anything significant but a bit of carbon dioxide and water vapor.

Last edited:

shopdognyc

Like @nonamekevin said, do your own research.

I did mine, and as far as I am aware, as long as you have a quality filtered butane (not dirty shit, like Ronson), and a quality torch...then all the butane is burned up. You're not breathing in anything significant but a bit of carbon dioxide and water vapor.

some people have said they tasted butane. When using a dry glass piece I have a taste but don’t think it’s butane.

In presence of oxygen butane changes to carbon dioxide and water. Without the presence of oxygen you get carbon monoxide.

for those learning, when they started to pull their flames away outside of the intake the butane taste went away. Just need to keep that in mind.

when you get the piece you just got to write about your struggles here and we all try and help. @BrianTL can attest to that here.

Ramahs

for those learning, when they started to pull their flames away outside of the intake the butane taste went away. Just need to keep that in mind.

Well, yeah. Of course. You need to be out at the end of the outer flame to ensure that everything is burned up. That's also the hottest point, rather than in the blue flame like some may suspect.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
some people have said they tasted butane. When using a dry glass piece I have a taste but don’t think it’s butane.

In presence of oxygen butane changes to carbon dioxide and water. Without the presence of oxygen you get carbon monoxide.

when you get the piece you just got to write about your struggles here and we all try and help. @BrianTL can attest to that here.

Absolutely. Over the weekend I didnt use the brick as much as I've been using it lately, little bit all over the place I worked in the Runt, TM, and Milaana so no major groundbreaking developments in my technique to report!

I will say I was just catching up on this thread, I dont typically hop on over the weekends...I saw somebody post about playing with the torch in a dark room to see parts of the flame you wouldnt normally see. I actually used the runt in the dark over the weekend, actually was pretty cool/easy I could actually see the flame going in the intake and going around the bend, down into the body when the flame was in just the right spot. It was pretty cool and fluid-looking

I actually think I've been getting too close with my flame in attempts to get more extraction. I'm still having a hard time later in the bowl getting past a certain level of brown, in my frustration I keep getting closer with the torch and its not helping. I have no issues with my first couple hits - they're always wonderful, but man, getting that final bit out has been tough.

Oh btw, my swelling issue, definitely related to the humidity. It dried out a bit and the brick was back to click-clacking away.

I got a new walnut Junior over the weekend and it's a promising start.

2 things I don't like about it:
-How close my face is to the torch when drawing. (Will buy a Runt mouthpiece to try)
-How much of the Walnut wood comes through in taste. Seems to get worse when heat-soaked near end of session for me.

Would like to try an OG or Maxx in different wood. Anyone experience less "wood flavor" from the other available wood choices?

@pigeonfarmboy I’m pretty sure Black Limba has been mentioned before as one species that does not impart much flavor. Don’t quote me on that though. If you e-mail SBL they will be able to help with that as well. I have a Cherry OG and there’s definitely a flavor from the wood, but I just view it as part of the vape’s signature at this point. I do think the wood flavor will become muted over time as the unit becomes “seasoned.”

nonamekevin

I got a new walnut Junior over the weekend and it's a promising start.

2 things I don't like about it:
-How close my face is to the torch when drawing. (Will buy a Runt mouthpiece to try)
-How much of the Walnut wood comes through in taste. Seems to get worse when heat-soaked near end of session for me.

Would like to try an OG or Maxx in different wood. Anyone experience less "wood flavor" from the other available wood choices?
Hey friend!

Congrats on getting the Jr. Still haven't used one, but some users will flip the mouthpiece of the Jr around so that they get a little more distance from the flame. You'd have to take it out and flip it back the other way to put the lid back on when you're ready to travel.

The wood flavors mellow out with use, but the limba is supposed to be the most neutral of all the offerings from SBL. This matches my experience with walnut, black limba, canary, and leopard. Canary is fairly neutral also, but limba is more neutral.

shopdognyc

@pigeonfarmboy I have the following:

Runt, Flip, Junior, OG

Most feedback is the wood flavor will eventually mellow out like @nonamekevin says. Just think that you need to break in or cure the wood.

I purchased the Junior with the Runt mouthpiece thinking the top would fit. Stupid me. I found that it wasn't necessary. Like suggested above by @nonamekevin, you can just flip the Junior mouthpiece short end and long end out. You get enough clearance in my opinion from the flame.

I started out using the Flip the most on small dab rigs that were a little too close for spacing so found the Junior sufficient flipping the mouthpiece.

I hope that helps.

@pigeonfarmboy I’m pretty sure Black Limba has been mentioned before as one species that does not impart much flavor. Don’t quote me on that though. If you e-mail SBL they will be able to help with that as well. I have a Cherry OG and there’s definitely a flavor from the wood, but I just view it as part of the vape’s signature at this point. I do think the wood flavor will become muted over time as the unit becomes “seasoned.”
Hey friend!

Congrats on getting the Jr. Still haven't used one, but some users will flip the mouthpiece of the Jr around so that they get a little more distance from the flame. You'd have to take it out and flip it back the other way to put the lid back on when you're ready to travel.

The wood flavors mellow out with use, but the limba is supposed to be the most neutral of all the offerings from SBL. This matches my experience with walnut, black limba, canary, and leopard. Canary is fairly neutral also, but limba is more neutral.

@pigeonfarmboy I have the following:

Runt, Flip, Junior, OG

Most feedback is the wood flavor will eventually mellow out like @nonamekevin says. Just think that you need to break in or cure the wood.

I purchased the Junior with the Runt mouthpiece thinking the top would fit. Stupid me. I found that it wasn't necessary. Like suggested above by @nonamekevin, you can just flip the Junior mouthpiece short end and long end out. You get enough clearance in my opinion from the flame.

I started out using the Flip the most on small dab rigs that were a little too close for spacing so found the Junior sufficient flipping the mouthpiece.

I hope that helps.
Very helpful info! I'll try flipping the mouthpiece and give the walnut some time and note any changes. Think a Limba Maxx or OG (or both) are still in my future!

pigeonfarmboy,
Reactions: Vapor_Eyes

shopdognyc

@shopdognyc are all of your bricks the same wood? Sounds like you just need a Maxx!

I think they are all maple. I think, one may look like maple and be canary.

Maxx, well I did order one in maple! I only need a hydrobrick but I think I can let that one go under the Maxx.

What would do you have yours? I went with the cheapest of the woods and happy so far. On my Runt, when I use the metal pick scoop, I get a lot of wood dust out of the hole. Do you get the same? Have you tried cleaning out or just live with it?

nonamekevin

I think they are all maple. I think, one may look like maple and be canary.

Maxx, well I did order one in maple! I only need a hydrobrick but I think I can let that one go under the Maxx.

What would do you have yours? I went with the cheapest of the woods and happy so far. On my Runt, when I use the metal pick scoop, I get a lot of wood dust out of the hole. Do you get the same? Have you tried cleaning out or just live with it?
Limba flip, Walnut Runt, canary OG and Leopardwood runt. Leopardwood and walnut have very distinct flavors but mellow out like all the others. The limba is pretty neutral compared to the others.

I don't get wood dust, but I get a decent amount of organic material through the screen (vaped plant material) which could look like wood dust. When I change the screen, I scrape out what I can and don't worry about the rest. If I'm doing a deep clean, I go the warm water qtip route, then I twist a paper towel up through the air path. I typically only do a deep clean if I either combust (been a while) or if I have used a sticky pad with resin. I stopped using concentrates in my bricks though. The sticky pad is a cool idea, and I think it works better than the dynacoil does, but both vapes were originally designed for dry herb use, so they are only mediocre when using concentrates.

I take that back. The runt with a small piece of shatter on top of a full tamped bowl is still a favorite in the runt. TREMENDOUS!

Top Bottom