Sticky Brick Labs Vaporizer

Cervical CBD

The whistle is a distinct, high pitched tone that happens when you draw and your torch is in the sweet spot. Try centering your torch in the intake and then slightly changing the angle and distance. When you get close to the sweet spot you can hear a low whistle and the closer you get the louder the whistle is. When it’s sharp and loud is when the torch is in the ideal spot for extraction in my experience. It is not necessary to get a good hit but it helps and it is hard not to get a good hit if you hear the whistle, unless you push it too far and combust.

I missed some posts and didn’t see that @Cervical CBD was using the restrictor disk and Eagle torch. I have several Eagle torches and only one gets hot enough for good extraction, I’m not a fan of them. I would definitely recommend taking out the restrictor disk if you are not getting enough heat from your torch at its max setting. You may have to reduce the torch setting with the disk out or increase the distance from the intake, at least at first to make sure you don’t combust. It also may be helpful to get another torch.

This is my favorite torch for Bricks. It has a wide temperature range, and a thick flame with consistent length. The Honest torches are decent too but the flame is thinner and more importantly, the length varies a bit during use so the extraction isn’t as consistent.

kEcN64i.jpg

I’m ok with buying a different torch. I want something reliable (I have Vector 14x butane) and that can hold a decent amount.

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
I used the Aomai lighter for a year and a half with my DV before getting an IH ... much longer heating cycle than the SB and the smaller butane capacity didn't bother me one bit ... just made sure I had a few in different colors ready to go. In all my years with butane lighters the thing that always failed was the electronic ignition... the aomai with the thumb wheel/flint ignition and on off switch on the side is perfect imho ...

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Had some pretty good sessions with the brick last night... starting to get the hang of it I think, but still not very consistent with it. Definitely an improvement over the night before, getting some solid repeatable rips now - but frustrating as I can go from a couple good hits back to back, to not being able to get anything other than hot air. This thing definitely does rip if you hit it right! I was pretty toasted for a while. We're getting there! I'm still trying to "find the whistle" though

I have a confession, I was supposed to use the brick exclusively, but last hit of the night I reached for the TM. I wanted to go to bed and I tried to put a tiny amount in the runt, just barely enough to cover the screen, but I couldnt get it to extract as much as I wanted. Thats the other thing, I think its easier to get good hits with a bigger load in the oven. I was getting it pretty dark brown before that when I was doing bigger loads but the little "microdose" I couldnt get passed golden. A quick hit or two from the TM took care of that

nonamekevin

Had some pretty good sessions with the brick last night... starting to get the hang of it I think, but still not very consistent with it. Definitely an improvement over the night before, getting some solid repeatable rips now - but frustrating as I can go from a couple good hits back to back, to not being able to get anything other than hot air. This thing definitely does rip if you hit it right! I was pretty toasted for a while. We're getting there! I'm still trying to "find the whistle" though

I have a confession, I was supposed to use the brick exclusively, but last hit of the night I reached for the TM. I wanted to go to bed and I tried to put a tiny amount in the runt, just barely enough to cover the screen, but I couldnt get it to extract as much as I wanted. Thats the other thing, I think its easier to get good hits with a bigger load in the oven. I was getting it pretty dark brown before that when I was doing bigger loads but the little "microdose" I couldnt get passed golden. A quick hit or two from the TM took care of that
Hello friend, glad to see there is some progress with the brick.

You are right, in that the brick is better for full bowls. Some users have said they like to just barely cover the screen, from my experience though, I got consistent hits when fully loaded. If I didn't want a huge rip, I could always start with the flame further away, take a hit, then set it down and walk away, sometimes for a couple of days before returning to it.

I always want a massive hit though! :evil:

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Hello friend, glad to see there is some progress with the brick.

You are right, in that the brick is better for full bowls. Some users have said they like to just barely cover the screen, from my experience though, I got consistent hits when fully loaded. If I didn't want a huge rip, I could always start with the flame further away, take a hit, then set it down and walk away, sometimes for a couple of days before returning to it.

I always want a massive hit though! :evil:

Hola Mi Amigo, thanks for the encouragement! Yeah I was trying to wrap my head around that last night. Once I realized how much more consistent it was with a full bowl, I started thinking I should just always pack it that way, but its a big bowl! I was thinking I'd be flying through weed that way. Then again, you're absolutely right I could just move the flame further away and return to it later, but it bothers my OCD to leave an unfinished bowl for too long! I'll probably have to get over that though.

Just speaking in comparison to the TM, I feel like I can quickly and easily micro dose with that as opposed to the brick. Which is totally fine, 2 completely different devices, obviously there will be strengths and weaknesses to both! So far, the actual user experience is more "fun" to me with the brick though. Definitely more involved!

shopdognyc

I was kind of dealing with this last night. I thought of @nonamekevin and did a pretty full bowl. I got massive clouds that I had to pause my draw. I didn't want to stop so after I spent the bowl, I just covered enough of the screen and had success, but took a long slow draw.

Thinking of my Vapcap, I noticed the first draw kind of preps the oven for me, and an immediate draw after a short pause gives me the best result. I hope that makes sense.

shopdognyc

Has anyone tried the Harbor Freight Micro or an Honest Promise with their bricks?

I own that and the Vertigo Serpent from Amazon. Pretty solid build but have been successful with the stock that haven’t tried yet.

Eagle Torch has some supporters too and real cheap

shopdognyc,

Cervical CBD

I own that and the Vertigo Serpent from Amazon. Pretty solid build but have been successful with the stock that haven’t tried yet.

Eagle Torch has some supporters too and real cheap

my brick came with an Eagle and I cant get the material hot enough for much vapor. The flame is really small even on full...

nonamekevin

my brick came with an Eagle and I cant get the material hot enough for much vapor. The flame is really small even on full...
Did you purchase new? That's the first brick I've heard come from sticky brick with a torch other than an honest.

@Lag I've got something similar on the side of my OG brick also. Not as close to the corner as yours, but right in the center. Mine doesn't go through to the mouthpiece section, and doesn't leak or affect performance, it looks like a surface crack similar to yours.

Cervical CBD

Did you purchase new? That's the first brick I've heard come from sticky brick with a torch other than an honest.

@Lag I've got something similar on the side of my OG brick also. Not as close to the corner as yours, but right in the center. Mine doesn't go through to the mouthpiece section, and doesn't leak or affect performance, it looks like a surface crack similar to yours.

Yes direct from SBL. I turned up the flame on the Ronson Jetlite and was able to combust a little. I still don’t like that lighter so I’ll grab 1 and put the restrictor disc back in.

hoptimum

I was kind of dealing with this last night. I thought of @nonamekevin and did a pretty full bowl. I got massive clouds that I had to pause my draw. I didn't want to stop so after I spent the bowl, I just covered enough of the screen and had success, but took a long slow draw.

Thinking of my Vapcap, I noticed the first draw kind of preps the oven for me, and an immediate draw after a short pause gives me the best result. I hope that makes sense.

Having used the Lotus helped me with the SB Runt. The principles are similar. Aim a 1/2 inch torch flame just inside the intake tube, agled downward, give it a couple of seconds and hit it. Control the heat by backing off a little on the flame and feathering the carbererator.

Mr.Sifter

Ouch! Shoot them an email; lifetime warranty from what I understand.
That would be amazing if Kenny and his crew replaced it.
I recently purchased a used Junior. Cracking of the wood is a concern for me.
I mixed a wood protector in my kitchen.
food save mineral oil & beeswax in 4:1 ratio.
I am bit worried because I conditioned the inside walls of the chambers as well.
Have not used the Junior, yet.
Still in a vaping hiatus.

Lag

Cool. I'll keep an eye on it. I haven't been able to get any wood butter from sticky brick. Think I'll get some off amazon. I've only had the brick for a month or 2, but I live in Colorado, which is a pretty dry climate.

Mr.Sifter

I haven't been able to get any wood butter from sticky brick

DIY
It's easy and fun.

get pure foodsave mineral oil (foodsave is important)
get white or yellow beeswax pastilles or solid block ( I prefer the white pastilles)

Weigh mineral oil and beeswax in a 4:1 ratio
Warm the mineral oil in a cup or glass in a water bath
Add the wax and stir, stir, stir... keep stirring.
Dont boil the water bath. It should steam but not boil.
The oil and wax will blend together nicely. Keep stirring.
After a fem minutes, pur homogenous liquid mass in final container.
Let it cool off
It will become a toothpastey consistency.

Go crazy and condition all wooden surfaces you have, like I did :D
let the conditioned wood soak up "your product" over night
Wipe off any remaining residue with a cotton cloth

Voilá
shiny, protected and nourished

Last edited:
Top Bottom