Sticky Brick Labs Vaporizer

Vizyt91

Hi
I only have the jr but i can confirm that SB are awesome Beautiful vaporizers ( It became my daily driver since i recieved it) and i’m looking to add another brick to my lineup .That will be the OG For dry use around the house (a little smoother and cooler than the Runt according to what i read online) Just get one and enjoy :nod:

shopdognyc

You want be disappointed. The black limba is a beautiful grain, and it has the mildest "flavor" of all the wood offered from SBL.

:rockon:

All the food bring some changes in flavor? I hope this doesn't mean I'm ordering multiples now haha.

For those with the Flip, any tips?

I spent a few tries yesterday. I wasn't quite 45 degrees from the perpendicular of the intake. I tried to go up at 45 degrees and it seemed I got something. I am not putting a lot in the bowl, just enough to cover the screen and then some.

Trying again today with a stronger flame, or a different torch. Been eyeing another glass piece, since been using my beaker bong. Suggested elsewhere for something smaller to see the vape being produced. Any suggestions on glass? Any successes with a particular piece or design/size glassware?

nonamekevin

All the food bring some changes in flavor? I hope this doesn't mean I'm ordering multiples now haha.

For those with the Flip, any tips?

I spent a few tries yesterday. I wasn't quite 45 degrees from the perpendicular of the intake. I tried to go up at 45 degrees and it seemed I got something. I am not putting a lot in the bowl, just enough to cover the screen and then some.

Trying again today with a stronger flame, or a different torch. Been eyeing another glass piece, since been using my beaker bong. Suggested elsewhere for something smaller to see the vape being produced. Any suggestions on glass? Any successes with a particular piece or design/size glassware?

I use my flip with a small 6" rig, same rig that I use with my Runt. It sits pretty tall on the piece, which I wish it would sit a little bit lower so I could see the flame angle and watch the vapor production, without shifting my eyes too much.

Ive also used the flip on a buddies large 15" beaker, which I considered too large for vaping enjoyment. Last time I used the flip was on a 14mm Sherlock mouthpiece. The vapor was warm for sure. :evil:

I love my Sticky Brick Junior. I hate my torch.
Hello friend! Torches are super subjective, everyone has a favorite for different situations. I love my triple flame torch with my bricks, love my single honest when I used to use a vapcap, and love my butane plumbers torch when I would use the elev8r with gas. :rockon:

Lag

So I got a response about the angle of the curved intake
We have seen performance gains, and a better overall user experience with the bent intake closer to 90 degrees. While some intakes might have a slightly smaller angle, our bent intakes are mostly all this shape, so exchanging it will most likely not change your performance. Have you tried a longer flame with a little more distance from torch to intake? The wide open design of airflow in our devices would not be limited by the angle of the intake, though the distance from intake to load could change the user experience, and the OG has the longest path from intake to bowl, which is why it ships with the straight intake. Using the bent intake on the OG will require a harder draw and slightly higher flame.

shopdognyc

I use my flip with a small 6" rig, same rig that I use with my Runt. It sits pretty tall on the piece, which I wish it would sit a little bit lower so I could see the flame angle and watch the vapor production, without shifting my eyes too much.

Ive also used the flip on a buddies large 15" beaker, which I considered too large for vaping enjoyment. Last time I used the flip was on a 14mm Sherlock mouthpiece. The vapor was warm for sure. :evil:

Hello friend! Torches are super subjective, everyone has a favorite for different situations. I love my triple flame torch with my bricks, love my single honest when I used to use a vapcap, and love my butane plumbers torch when I would use the elev8r with gas. :rockon:

The one thing I kept thinking with my Flip was how close my face was to the glass. I had a useless thought that the glass would explode. Probably unfounded until I saw a red glow from the flame.

I am looking for a new rig now for this guy.

shopdognyc,

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Well I ordered a brick but it wasn’t the OG. I wanted something slightly smaller and a little more portable. I ordered a Black Limba Runt direct from SBL...thank you for your suggestions.

I've been kicking around the idea of ordering a SB, just wasn't sure on which one.

Had a long shitty day (week too, for that matter) at work, hopped on here, saw this post - said fuck it and went and ordered the exact same thing.

PRROOOOOOBABBLLYYY should have looked into them a bit more first but honestly - fuck it. Wheres the fun in that?

Will anybody be kind enough to give me the quick and dirty run down? Of course I can & will go back run through this thread, or at least the more recent pages... but you know, that's not being spontaneous.

Just me and my dog for 10 days or so starting next week. Pleeenty of time to experiment :D

nonamekevin

So I got a response about the angle of the curved intake

Thanks for sharing, interesting to find out. I see Kenny recommends a longer flame and starting with the flame slightly further away from the intake. :)

I've been kicking around the idea of ordering a SB, just wasn't sure on which one.

Had a long shitty day (week too, for that matter) at work, hopped on here, saw this post - said fuck it and went and ordered the exact same thing.

PRROOOOOOBABBLLYYY should have looked into them a bit more first but honestly - fuck it. Wheres the fun in that?

Will anybody be kind enough to give me the quick and dirty run down? Of course I can & will go back run through this thread, or at least the more recent pages... but you know, that's not being spontaneous.

Just me and my dog for 10 days or so starting next week. Pleeenty of time to experiment :D
Hello friend!

The quick and dirty of it, you aren't going to be disappointed.

1. The torches come empty. Use the best butane you can find locally.
2. Start with whatever setup you want (restrictor disk in/out, cork in/out, tamp, flame length/angle, etc.) and don't change anything until you have gone through a full torch worth of butane. Imo, too many get frustrated or have difficulties, and they try to change too many things at once chasing an issue. Get consistent at one setup, even if the results are less than stellar. Than, change one parameter at a time.
3. Have fun!

:rockon:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Agreed. Crazy how angled it is and passed quality control. I'll contact sticky brick.
It took me three tries to get an angled intake from Puffitup that wasn't too lose for my og limba Brick and I never saw any improvement and went back to the straight intake.

Second chance at the Runt today. Got my Junior also, and found out my misunderstanding of how the Runt mouthpiece fits. Fits in the hole, but not with the cover. In hindsight, could have just stayed with the Runt and Flip. Still have a portable I can put in a bag and go.

Excitingly my OG is coming and looking for a bigger experience.

Back to the Runt. The first time wasn't very successful, and spent some time on the forums searching for some insight. This time, I aimed the outer flame in the intake, and tried to match the tip of the inner flame just outside of the instake.

I began a very slow draw and I could feel the warm vape starting to come out. I don't think I could thick clouds, but wow. I held off the whole day and just kept thinking about the Runt, snuck one in.

This hits it out of the park for me. I enjoy the Dynavaps, but each are a different experience.
My technique is just to keep the restrictor disk installed and settle on a medium flame adjustment for the included single flame Honest torch which has always performed really well for me.

Well it’s time for another vape. I bought my 1st in April and the SSV has been awesome but I really want a solid butane vape. I have a Cvap that I don’t really like (not sure if it works right) as it’s tough to hit. I’m pondering a Runt or something else? It will be used solo and at home only. I don’t use my water pipe much with my SSV and doubt I’ll use it with a SB or whatever I get. I just want something not attached to a wall that I can pack a decent size bowl that hits hard. Any help is appreciated...trying to keep it under $200 for everything, vape, torch, butane, etc.
You can't go wrong with the og Brick for home use. Great size, amazing flavor, and so much cooling that even the biggest hits are smooth without water. I use the included single torch on a medium flame and keep the restrictor disk installed.

shopdognyc

Got my Runt today and it’s really nicely done. I struggled and got 2 good draws...felt like I was maybe pulling too hard and using too much torch.

Its still been a struggle here. Last night tried the Flip on a small dab rig I had. Didn't get thick clouds, so thought I wasn't doing correctly, but boy I went far. Did me over real good. I used a bit of a longer flame and just shot the flame in the intake first and milked the draw.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
So my Brick (runt) showed up Monday...didnt have the chance to open it, was pretty jammed up yesterday but I did manage to sneak in a trial run.

Initial impressions are great! Obviously as my first time using it I have a lot of learning to do and figuring certain things out, hopefully you guys can help get me straightened out!

I got the Black Limba for a couple of reasons, mostly my first picks were sold out :lol: but seriously the Black Limba looks amazing anyway so I'm not mad at it. The other thing I considered was I had read in here that the Limba was one of the more neutral tasting woods, and I figured for my first vape in this style, I should start off with something neutral.

So I unboxed it yesterday, and started fucking around with it. Read the instructions real quick, which I had already read online anyway... assembled it, tossed some flower in the thing and gave it a shot. I have to say it was a really weird experience at first for somebody whos never used a brick or anything similar, but sure enough, in a few seconds I started tasting and feeling some vapor and we were off! I got a few decent clouds, extremely satisfying as I thought it would be much more difficult to get the basics down, but there I was...taking a few back to back solid pulls. They werent anything special but it was a lot better than I was expecting for a first timer so I am really happy about that. So I'll be doing a lot more starting today and trying to use it (mostly) exclusively until I get the hang of it. I have some initial questions though!

I have the carb corked based on some advice here, and I was pulling the bowl piece off to clear the brick, when I really think I should be pulling the intake brick off? Rather just cracking it and breaking the seal? Or does it not matter?

I figured I would start with the restrictor plate in. One was already in the stem, with the nipple side inserted into the glass. Looking at the manual, it has the nipple side down, pointing to the bowl. I did flip it to nipple-to-bowl like the manual said, I wasn't sure if it was shipped that way for some certain reason or not. Going through the thread it seems to be basically user preference with the majority of users going nipple to bowl, would that be accurate?

How much flower are you guys putting in, and how much are you tamping? I put in a little, enough to cover the screen for sure and then a little on top of that with a light tamp. knowing that it was just going to be a quick trial run. The manual says not to overfill past the inner rim but that seems like it could hold a LOT if you went up to the inner rim especially with a little tamping lol. After my few hits checking the bowl between hits and a little stirring, I had a pretty nice light brown toasty looking load, had more to give for sure but I wasn't going to keep going, and dumped it. The little I did have hit me a lot harder than I was expecting about 10 mins later lol. Not that it was too much, but figuring I was learning the brick I wasn't going to get too much out of it in a quick and dirty session, but I was wrong.

Last question I think for now, whats everybody mostly doing with the bowl screens? How do you know when they need to be changed? Is the general consensus to toss them out and replace with a new one or give them a quick iso bath and re use?

Other than that, just wanna say that SBL seems to be a really solid company to work with and I wouldn't hesitate ordering from them again. The product itself is great - fit and finish, handling, quality, I didnt notice anything at all that I wish they had done different. Granted this is my first butane vape but I still feel like its obviously a high quality unit. Customer service was also really accommodating, I ordered on a Thursday, they shipped out Friday. My problem was I wanted a WPA but they didnt have it in stock - again based on advice here I figured I would eventually I would want to run it through water. Trying to learn it dry first, but I wanted to have the WPA ready for when I want to try it. It was sold out everywhere I could find so I decided to order the brick and figure out the WPA another time.

Friday morning, I got shipment notification and was reading more into this thread and more and more comments about how the OG is good for being dedicated to dry, the runt is good dry but a little more harsh and a lot of people like to run it through water. So I looked around for the WPA again, double checked all of the 3rd party sites again but still couldnt find one. On a whim I checked SBL website, and the WPA was in stock! I tried to order it but the shipping was more than the WPA itself, so I fired off a quick email to customer service explained that I had bought a brick and wanted to add the WPA to my order and save on the shipping, even if it meant delaying the shipment until next week. Of course this was dependant on them still actually having the box, which I doubted after getting shipment confirmation a few hours prior - I still hoped they had just generated a label and not gone to the post office yet lol.

Sure enough Izzy got back to me very quickly, said no problem, it can be added to the box and they'll send me a digital invoice - provided I pay in the next 15 mins, they can still get my box out the same day! Easy enough, I got the invoice, paid it, and they were able to still get my shipment out on Friday.

Anyway, thats my SBL story! My bad if I rambled too much

ETA: Idk if anything changed but I didnt get an honest lighter, I got an eagle torch. looks like this:

Cervical CBD

I can’t even get the material hot enough for a draw...it changes color slightly. That’s with a slower consistent draw or fast and different flame lengths. I tried even basically sucking butane and it won’t work for me.

Cervical CBD,
Top Bottom