• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Gear Slug .33 Rosin Forge

Nattybushdoctor

Manufacturer
Anyone seen or heard of this?
Looks a bit home made but i see some potential!!
Wrap an enail coil and controller around for perfect temps and now we may be talking!
Read that clean up can be a PITA...

Costs $59.99

https://www.instagram.com/slug.33/?hl=en

Not too much info but a few videos!

Also looks super simple to make your own in the garage or shop...

Hi, I am the creator of the SLUG.33 Rosin Forge! Glad to be here. I will answer any questions best that I can.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Anyone seen or heard of this?
Looks a bit home made but i see some potential!!
Wrap an enail coil and controller around for perfect temps and now we may be talking!
Read that clean up can be a PITA...

Costs $59.99

https://www.instagram.com/slug.33/?hl=en

Not too much info but a few videos!

Also looks super simple to make your own in the garage or shop...

I like your enail coil idea.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Hi, I am the creator of the SLUG.33 Rosin Forge! Glad to be here. I will answer any questions best that I can.
Welcome to the forum ,dude ! :)) What is the OD of the Slug ? (diameter)
@lazylathe I also think that e-nail idea is great, although i dont know if the PSI would be high enough to keep on par with the efficiency of the larger hydraulic presses,but still it looks like it performs quite well for its size :)).

Nattybushdoctor

Manufacturer
Looks cool,maybe you can add a BBQ thermometer to that concept and get some temp reading.
Yes,,, I've been hearing that since It first came out. I love the idea too! The only problem is Your SLUG.33 is perfect in its simplicity. When you heat it for only one minute we know just about how hot that is..it puts your flower material at around 175-190F. That is why we have decided on the "ONE Minute Heat Time" to gauge your yield and determine whether you want to ad more heat or not. Maximum heating time is going to be 1:30. You really only have a 30 second window..its easy to find that sweet spot. Keep in mind this is with a strong flame and consistent flame with a regular dab style torch. The SLUG.33 is so freaking easy to use its almost fool proof. With the time frame it operates under and the compression and heating time being the same, its easy to know whether were over or under heating. Thanks for the input we will still work to improve the SLUG.33.

Neat squisher!

Can you tell us how and when to clean it?
Love to!.....Its so easy to clean IF,,,,,,,,,,you clean it when it is warm. Then all you have to do is wipe it down with a paper towel. If you have to clean it COLD then you use alcohol, still easy.. just takes longer. If I find mine cold in the morning I will heat it up with the torch for a bit until i can wipe it down. It literally takes less than a couple minutes. In reality its 304 stainless steel so you could clean it many ways. I have a complete video of me cleaning one on the tube. Thanks for the question. It my pleasure to answer these. I love my freaking SLUG.33!!! It' has become part of my daily routine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nattybushdoctor

Manufacturer
@lazylathe I also think that e-nail idea is great, although i dont know if the PSI would be high enough to keep on par with the efficiency of the larger hydraulic presses,but still it looks like it performs quite well for its size :)).
I was just going to respond to the e Nail comment. The thing is gas is faster than electricity. Your SLUG.33 is so fast. Who wants to wait longer? One of my favorite benefits of having a SLUG.33 is being able to go from flower to rosin so quickly. Gas is also more portable and most people already have a torch. We thought a lot about the E mail thing and found it's just not beneficial in any way. If your flame size, ambient temperatures and flower material is consistent you will consistently get low temperature high yields in the 20-30% range. .. all under 1:30.

p.s. Also, no electricity, nothing to break, no cords, more portability more reliability. SIMPLE, EFFICIENT, INEXPENSIVE. That was my goal ..PEACE! thank you

Thanks for the warm welcome!

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
The simplicity and small size (even with vice) is what appeals to me. Also the price, under $100 for the sl33 and a mini drill vice.

The way I see it this is going to be way better than a tarik for around the same price and size.

Considering other alternatives such as some hair straighteners with grip clamps or plates and a press I think this slug has a niche for the basic home user that might want to press 1g in an evening.

I think a 3g version would also appeal to the heavier home user.

Last edited:

Nattybushdoctor

Manufacturer
Thanks for the warm welcome!
sorry,,, the slug is 1" 3/8 in hole.

The simplicity and small size (even with vice) is what appeals to me. Also the price, under $100 for the sl33 and a mini drill vice.

The way I see it this is going to be way better than a tarik for around the same price and size.

Considering other alternatives such as some hair straighteners with grip clamps or plates and a press I think this slug has a niche for the basic home user that might want to press 1g in an evening.

I thing a 3g version would also appeal to the heavier home user.

Yea, you hit it right on the head. That was exactly the plan. To make a high yielding, high quality, extraction TOOL for under 100 bucks. Something for the everyday connoisseur. Something that would last! I hate junk!! I agree, the SLUG.33 fits the bill.
The 3.5 Gram SLUG.33 is in R&D right now, we have had many requests for it. It should be available in the next 30 days 60 days...?? We are very confident and excited to start slugging it out with some higher quantities!

Nattybushdoctor

Manufacturer
I like the 'Rosin Forge' nomenclature.

Rosin forged in the fires of a dab torch :lol:

@Nattybushdoctor I recommend you have a look through the forum 'Terms and Rules' for some guidance on posting. Also @Stu should be able to help you out with a 'Manufacturer' badge for your profile. :tup:

This is a great community here and I think you'll enjoy working with the folk here.
for sure! thank you.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I was just going to respond to the e Nail comment. The thing is gas is faster than electricity. Your SLUG.33 is so fast. Who wants to wait longer? One of my favorite benefits of having a SLUG.33 is being able to go from flower to rosin so quickly. Gas is also more portable and most people already have a torch. We thought a lot about the E mail thing and found it's just not beneficial in any way. If your flame size, ambient temperatures and flower material is consistent you will consistently get low temperature high yields in the 20-30% range. .. all under 1:30.

p.s. Also, no electricity, nothing to break, no cords, more portability more reliability. SIMPLE, EFFICIENT, INEXPENSIVE. That was my goal ..PEACE! thank you

I think it's neat, but I think you're downplaying the value of a squish with a consistent temperature.

I'd be interested to seeing how your 3.5g version performs; honestly I don't see the 1g version outperforming a hair straightener though.

7uQ7zYr5zaVaxFdhptI-jxddR0jBW5hu6DgdwUTqabc.jpg

Nattybushdoctor

Manufacturer
I think it's neat, but I think you're downplaying the value of a squish with a consistent temperature.

I'd be interested to seeing how your 3.5g version performs; honestly I don't see the 1g version outperforming a hair straightener though.

No.... what i am trying to say is, you get consistent temperatures with a flame. As long as your flame size and intensity does not change, and your heating time does not change I don't understand how that is not consistent? If flame temperatures were not consistent we would't be cooking on gas ranges would we? Welding with a gas torch would be impossible if flame temperatures were not consistent. I know its hard to grasp. But its really not. The flame on these butane torches are extremely accurate. We have done the testing. We have put a laser on the SLUG.33 at different heating intervals. The science is in. PEACE! Thanks you for your question. And thanks for the compliment.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
No.... what i am trying to say is, you get consistent temperatures with a flame. As long as your flame size and intensity does not change, and your heating time does not change I don't understand how that is not consistent? If flame temperatures were not consistent we would't be cooking on gas ranges would we? Welding with a gas torch would be impossible if flame temperatures were not consistent. I know its hard to grasp. But its really not. The flame on these butane torches are extremely accurate. We have done the testing. We have put a laser on the SLUG.33 at different heating intervals. The science is in. PEACE! Thanks you for your question. And thanks for the compliment.

Infrared thermometers don't work great for shiny metal, you would want a thermocouple probe inside the slug to get an accurate representation of the true internal temperature. People that cook anything precisely still do so with thermometers. Squishing rosin is more like making candy than general stovetop sauteing. The end product changes drastically in 10 degree increments.

Nattybushdoctor

Manufacturer
Infrared thermometers don't work great for shiny metal, you would want a thermocouple probe inside the slug to get an accurate representation of the true internal temperature. People that cook anything precisely still do so with thermometers. Squishing rosin is more like making candy than general stovetop sauteing. The end product changes drastically in 10 degree increments.

Our first prototype wasn't stainless and the steel was very dark so readings weren't really an issue. Testing the flower wasn't a problem. The SLUG.33 lets the user experiment to find out what works best for them and the cultivar they are slugging out. Peace.

Nattybushdoctor,
Reactions: steama

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!

That looks amazing!
Would you mind posting more info, perhaps a video?
What hair straightener are you using? How much material to provide the yield shown above? What is your technique?

Squiby

The 3.5 Gram SLUG.33 is in R&D right now, we have had many requests for it. It should be available in the next 30 days 60 days...??

Do you plan to offer the 1 gram and the 3.5 gram SLUG.33 Neat Squisher Rosin Forge together as a set? Do you have a price set for the 3.5 gram model yet? And finally, do you plan to launch before Xmas?

Curious minds must know. :)

davesmith

Glass Blower

Doesn't he mean comsistant temp across teh squish? As in if your squish is a min long by the end it'll be much cooler than at the start

davesmith,
Top Bottom