Gear Slug .33 Rosin Forge

Nattybushdoctor

Manufacturer
That looks amazing!
Would you mind posting more info, perhaps a video?
What hair straightener are you using? How much material to provide the yield shown above? What is your technique?
OK.

Just to clarify, there are are currently two models available;

The 1 gram model selling for $59 and the 2 gram model selling for $79, with a 3.5 gram model in development with no release date scheduled. Is this correct?

Which model did you guys order? @GreenHopper, @Grifo, @Cl4ud3?

yes this is correct. the Deuce is not available to ship yet, but we are taking orders for it.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Hiya Bud, I saw @invertedisdead's sample (as in cannabis sample, stop giggling at the back there) and I can clearly see it's a brighter colour.

Does that mean the darker the result the more the substance has been cooked?

On NewVapes website there is a vid of @VCBud using their $3000 micro press and the output was dark, similar to what I saw in the slug vids. I just assumed different material produced different looking results.

Yes, darker/greener = hotter temps but can also suggest older and or outdoor starting material.
The photo I posted is from a $30 straightener using good organic flowers and low temps (220F and under)

Nattybushdoctor

Manufacturer
Rosin comes in all colors, saying dark rosin is undesirable is just plain ignorance on the subject. Rosin is HASH, some of the best hash in the world is darker in color. We also know trichomes become amber and darker in color over time as the aging/curing process continues. Judging rosin purely on the way it looks would be like judging anything else on looks, it just doesn't make sense and it doesn't work.
The Rosin you see in the video's here is from outdoor flower that was approximately a year old, of course its going to be darker. There are plenty of videos on the net with beautiful dark rosin being produced from all types of huge expensive presses. People love the SLUG.33 because it enables YOU to decide what temperature is best for what you're pressing. Its just a matter of adjusting your heating TIME. Check out the SLUG.33 on Instagram if you want to see some rosin from this year. Gold yellow rosin. Peace and thank you for the opportunity.

Nattybushdoctor

Manufacturer
Yes, darker/greener = hotter temps but can also suggest older and or outdoor starting material.
The photo I posted is from a $30 straightener using good organic flowers and low temps (220F and under)[/Q

as long as no one is looking.....

Nattybushdoctor,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Dark hashish is dark because it has lots of contaminate in it, that's why when you rosin squish dark hash (at low temps) you still get this.

rosin.jpg

Cured mature resin heads are darker, but not dark in an unappealing way, like green rosin.

IMG_1134keeper.jpg

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Rosin comes in all colors, saying dark rosin is undesirable is just plain ignorance on the subject. Rosin is HASH, some of the best hash in the world is darker in color. We also know trichomes become amber and darker in color over time as the aging/curing process continues. Judging rosin purely on the way it looks would be like judging anything else on looks, it just doesn't make sense and it doesn't work.
The Rosin you see in the video's here is from outdoor flower that was approximately a year old, of course its going to be darker. There are plenty of videos on the net with beautiful dark rosin being produced from all types of huge expensive presses. People love the SLUG.33 because it enables YOU to decide what temperature is best for what you're pressing. Its just a matter of adjusting your heating TIME. Check out the SLUG.33 on Instagram if you want to see some rosin from this year. Gold yellow rosin. Peace and thank you for the opportunity.

Thats why conversations happen so we can share info.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
@Nattybushdoctor whileyou're here, what length is the slug- will a 4" vise be suitable?

Hello Bud,

I believe the SLUG is about 1" long for the 1g version.

This is the vice I went for:

2.5" Mini Pillar Drill Press Vice Milling Workshop Dual Jaw Aluminium

I'm still waiting for my SLUG to arrive to I haven't had a chance to play with it yet.

EDIT:

I wanted to go for this vice: Merry Tools HK 2" Quick Release Precision grinding Drill Press Clamp Milling as it was really small and compact but no way was I willing to pay £50 for it!

Last edited:

herbalist33

Hello Bud,

I believe the SLUG is about 1" long for the 1g version.

This is the vice I went for:

2.5" Mini Pillar Drill Press Vice Milling Workshop Dual Jaw Aluminium

I'm still waiting for my SLUG to arrive to I haven't had a chance to play with it yet.
Amazing, thanks mate, that's a great deal. I ordered a slug yest, now I need I vise and parchment paper and we're golden.

I was thinking of experimenting with my girlfriends heat gun too when it arrives, see if I can get some nice low temp squishes :brow:
I'm looking forward to trying the forge, but not looking forward to the amount of material il need to go they to get things right... :doh: lol
Peace

Nattybushdoctor

Manufacturer
A 4 inch drill press vise is perfect. anything with a smaller jaw opening less than that will be a problem loading your slug. Fully compacted your SLUG.33 is 2" long (unloaded) loaded it is about 3". If you use a backing plate then you have to account for that too. Its nice to have a little room to play with when placing your SLUG.33 in your vise.
HEAT GUN? Great idea. We have tried it. it works. it just takes a LONG TIME. SO long in fact we knew right away this was not going to be ideal. GAS IS FAST! We were thinking of induction?? but stainless steel doesn't work with induction. It is so damn hard to improve on it. But we keep trying.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
EDIT- I am going to get the host 445. It is a bit more heavy duty and should last me a lifetime.

The $35 model should be plenty for pressing, but I plan on doing a bit more banging with mine.

Doktor Dub

My slug arrived and shipping was fast and exactly like said before.

Unfortunately i don t have it in my Hands yet, as a friend brings it from the US to Europe when he visits me, so the waiting continues but @Nattybushdoctor was reliably, fast and helpful.

Now i am shopping for a vice and in one to two weeks i should have some real life experience... :science:

Grifo

Mine was supposed to ship on the 11th but got pushed to today so i wont get it till wed.

Grifo,
Reactions: steama
Top Bottom